THE PLAYER'S SPACE Megathread

edited November 2017 in General Chat

What it is:

Telltale Games' THE PLAYER'S SPACE is a special series of videos comparable to a "director's commentary" mode on a DVD.

What it's about:

Our lovely host Ryann Weller --a recent Telltale show host/ambassador and Twitch charity streamer-- and one developer from the Telltale crew play through one episode of a series they worked on, and give many fascinating stories about how certain design concepts were added to the game, potential ideas that never made it/could have not been included, and terrifying tales from around the office.

Due to layoffs -- specifically of the host Ryann Weller -- the Player's Space series has come to an abrupt end. This is the archive of every episode. No future episode releases have been confirmed.

enter image description here

Episode 1 (feat. Molly Maloney)

Episode 2 (feat. Jason Latino)

Season 1 - Episode 1 (feat. Stephen McManus)

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7 - Final

Season 1 - Episode 2 (feat. Eric Stirpe)

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4 - Final

Season 1 - Episode 3 (feat. Jonathan Stauder)

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5 - Final

Season 1 - Episode 4 (feat. Brian Freyermuth)

Part 1

Season 2 - Episode 1 (feat. Anthony Ingruber)

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7 - Final

Season 2 - Episode 2 (feat. Kent Mudle)

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7 - Final

Enjoy!

Comments

• There's also episode for the EP2 of Guardians.

• edited July 2017

The ''Most worthless comment of the day'' award goes to:

ScootyZ posted: »

What?

• edited July 2017

If you actually read the OP, you probably wouldn't need to ask that.

What?

• I mean, it's on Telltale's channel. I don't see the point.

What?

• Lmao

The ''Most worthless comment of the day'' award goes to:

• Dayum brah

What?

• edited July 2017

No way. when was this?

Edit: added now. Thanks.

There's also episode for the EP2 of Guardians.

• Well, I like this. Others like this. I figured that there should be a space where people can find it easily.
    I doubt many people go to Telltale's channel only to scroll back through all their uploads. But here, it's out in the open and easier to access.

I mean, it's on Telltale's channel. I don't see the point.

• For some reason it's only accessible via their playlist, you can't find other way. I only discovered it couple days ago.

AChicken posted: »

No way. when was this? Edit: added now. Thanks.

• I really like these videos, gives us an insight into why they decided to do what they did which is pretty rare to hear from game developers.
    I'm not particularly interested in GOTG or MCSM but I'd like to see them do something similar with The Wolf Among Us before the sequel comes out.

• edited July 2017

Okay.. For one reason or another Telltale has removed their Guardians Episode 2 commentary from their channel.
    Hopefully they re-release it soon.

• Who wants to bet there won't be any Walking Dead episodes for this?

• I mean they did already play season 1-2 on the twitch stream. But there probably won’t be for ANF.

Who wants to bet there won't be any Walking Dead episodes for this?

• edited July 2017

Okay, MCSM Ep1 Part 2 is out!

But Telltale, seriously, why must you release it in 20 minute segments now? It's so much better and easier if you watch the whole thing at once or just at your own leisure.

and you're just going to make my life harder here organizing all this.
  • edited July 2017

Update: MCSM Episode 1 Part 3 is now online!

Again: Telltale.. seriously.. why release all this in segments now? It'll just make this whole page cramped and there's no use to it since you seem to have it all recorded. No need to spread out the release of it.
    Also, Where did you put the Guardians Episode 2 commentary??!
  • edited July 2017

I think the player space for story mode is designed in smaller segments due to its younger general audience, its one thing playing the game in a single sitting, but also having commentary for almost 2 hours may seem uninteresting to someone younger. Much easier to digest in 15 to 20 min bursts. This is of course just a guess, but who knows they probably took down episode 2 of guardians to split it into parts we'll see.

Update: MCSM Episode 1 Part 3 is now online! Again: Telltale.. seriously.. why release all this in segments now? It'll just make this who

• Ah, okay. That might make sense.
    But still... I like watching it 40-50 minutes at a time. *At my own leisure. At least we're getting something!

I think the player space for story mode is designed in smaller segments due to its younger general audience, its one thing playing the game

• Mmkay. To those who care, Minecraft S1 EP1 Part 4 is out now. Video above.

• Minecraft S1EP1 Part 5 out now!

*Updated OP with the times for new episodes.

• edited August 2017

Guardians episode 2 is up again.

• edited August 2017

YES!!
    In its one hour entirety no less!

Thank you so much for this. I delayed watching it too much when it first came out, so I missed it when they took it down. This is really good now. I'm excited to see what they've got in store. (because I love this series to bits)

Creeper1846 posted: »

Guardians episode 2 is up again.

• edited August 2017

You’re welcome. Let’s hope it doesn’t get taken down again. I also love the players space.

YES!! In its one hour entirety no less! Thank you so much for this. I delayed watching it too much when it first came out, so I missed i

• edited August 2017

Nice. Didn’t expect a Batman one so early. Although it seems they are doing what thier doing with Minecraft story mode short segments this is going to be like 14 parts for one episode. Why can’t they at least do one hour and make it into 2 parts.

• edited August 2017

Aw sweet! Thanks for this.
    Seems so early, I expected the final Minecraft part today and then This to show up on Friday.

But yeah, I'm with Creeper on this. I don't like all the separation they're doing with it.
    They've got it all recorded already, so I don't see why they don't release it all at once? Plus they churn it out so slow. It'll be weeks before we get this episode in its entirety. Plus, it's just going to clutter this up in the long run.

• Love the idea of this, it's nice to watching them play the game whilst we get to hear from the directors, writers and actors into what goes into making the episodes and the like. Though as with others I think they should be released in bigger chunks. I respect not having the entire episode in one sitting but hour or even half hour slots are better than 15 minutes.

I also hope they have a mix of current and past stuff. Getting the first season of Wolf Among Us replayed in the run towards next year's season would be nice, as would the entirety of the Walking Dead as they approach their final season.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited August 2017

Hey Chicken, if you don't want videos cluttering your topic at the top, you can just link the videos, it would save you a lot more space.

• He could also for completed series just link the first episode with a link to the rest from the playlist.

dojo32161 posted: »

Hey Chicken, if you don't want videos cluttering your topic at the top, you can just link the videos, it would save you a lot more space.

• Thanks.
    I figured I'd have to do that at some point.

• Would be nice if eventually TT just re-release the parts into a single episode. It is weird they've pretty much done that with GOTG EP1 and EP2 and not the others.

• Yeah, that's what I figured would happen once all parts were out, but so far neither the Minecraft S1E1 or Batman S2E1 Episodes are complete yet.. so we don't know if it'll happen.
    But I wouldn't bet on it.

Changing OP structure now.

Would be nice if eventually TT just re-release the parts into a single episode. It is weird they've pretty much done that with GOTG EP1 and EP2 and not the others.

• Alright.. restructured. Hopefully that should leave things less cluttered up, but now it just looks kinda bland.

I'll figure out how to handle this later. I just need to think.

• Okay.. I figure I'd put up a small banner for each series (though that may clutter things up eventually) but it helps to liven up the OP. It's just text right now, so I figured it needs something that sticks out.

I've made a quick draft-collage of a Guardians Banner, but it's not perfect. I won't change it yet, but we'll see if I can make similar ones for the other two series so far.

Alright.. restructured. Hopefully that should leave things less cluttered up, but now it just looks kinda bland. I'll figure out how to handle this later. I just need to think.

• That's pretty nifty, but if you wanted to, you could always use one of our waiting thread banners.

Okay.. I figure I'd put up a small banner for each series (though that may clutter things up eventually) but it helps to liven up the OP. It

• edited August 2017

That's pretty nifty

Why thank you!

you could always use one of our waiting thread banners.

Yeah, those are pretty well-made, but some (like the current Batman Enemy Within one) are a bit too large for my liking. While I could squish it, I don't want one that seems stretched. It should have the right proportions. So, I think I'll make a thinner, but less-detailed version of them.

I'm still deciding how I'll make these for now and what I'd require in them, so if I require any help or substitutions, I'll call on you [or one of the other mods]. Deal?

That's pretty nifty, but if you wanted to, you could always use one of our waiting thread banners.

• Have they stopped doing these already? I was under the impression that they said new episodes every monday, wednesday and friday yet no episode two days back. Which is a shame as I like the concept. :)

• Oh wait, never mind! Part 6 of Minecraft Story Mode Season 1: Episode 1 with Stephen.

• Why would they end it when there was literally only 5 minutes left of the episode? Seriously I want to see them talk about behind the scenes of season 2.

Oh wait, never mind! Part 6 of Minecraft Story Mode Season 1: Episode 1 with Stephen.

• I know! Why are they dragging this out so much? There's one scene left here.

Creeper1846 posted: »

Why would they end it when there was literally only 5 minutes left of the episode? Seriously I want to see them talk about behind the scenes of season 2.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.