The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• The game was completely unplayable on the old consoles. It was broken af.

In what way? Like a severe downgrade? I think it'll run nicely, I could be wrong, but I think Cyberpunk has really driven a fear into publis

• Yes, I followed the Cyberpunk 2077 story back when it launched, it was a mess, in so, so many ways, but what I mean is, how it turned out sent shockwaves through the industry, with the backlash it received, from cyber attacks, to staff being abused online w/ death threats, publishers will be more insistent on launching with an operable game that functions.

I don't expect the game to be very very pretty on base Xbox One and base PlayStation 4, but it will probably look decent and play decent, you have to have faith in the Devs, they're always giving their best and never intend to ship a game that isn't ready.

AronDracula posted: »

The game was completely unplayable on the old consoles. It was broken af.

• Looks like the main character is infected just like Crane was in the original game, but there seems to be an element where you'll have to find vaccines to hold of the infection similar to the zombrex Dead Rising 2 or the malaria pills in Far Cry 2. Hopefully it isn't insanely tedious.

I know it wouldn't make any fuckin' sense but;

I hope we get to see Crane return as an intelligent volatile since this game seems to follow the non-nuke ending from The Following.

I don't expect it to, but hopefully the DLC in the game is as large as The Following was.

AChicken posted: »

Finally, it's been revealed: Dying Light 2 is coming out on December 7th! There's 3 base editions (Standard, Gold, Ultimate), plus a

• edited May 2021

Man I sure hope this game comes to PC and if it does I sure hope I don't have to wait three years lol.

This game is absolutely gorgeous looking goddamn. Look at the way light reflects off of Aloy's hair, and that might be the best looking underwater stuff I've ever seen in a game.

• I would love to see that and any possible role it could have in the story.

lupinb0y posted: »

Looks like the main character is infected just like Crane was in the original game, but there seems to be an element where you'll have to fi

• edited May 2021

Everyone talking about Dying Light 2 (which looks great, don’t get me wrong) but not discussing the more important game...Horizon Forbidden West.

We have a fucking shield glider. I don’t even know how that works but it looks awesome. Not to mention the game looks drop dead gorgeous.

Edit: Son of a bitch @lupinb0y! How dare you type at the same time I type!

• Edit: Son of a bitch @lupinb0y! How dare you type at the same time I type!

• Looks like the main character is infected just like Crane was in the original game, but there seems to be an element where you'll have to find vaccines to hold of the infection similar to the zombrex Dead Rising 2 or the malaria pills in Far Cry 2. Hopefully it isn't insanely tedious.

I think during the Dying 2 Know event, it was mentioned by Adrian Ciszewski, the Chief Creative Officer that everyone is somewhat infected, thus explaining the bio marker on their wrists.

That'd be an insane way to tie in the events of Dying Light into the sequel by the way, plotwise I can't see it but it'd be a nice Easter Egg to hear a sentient Crane.

If anyone missed the Dying 2 Know event, here's the link, this is the first of several news updates that'll be shared via the format up to the launch of Dying Light 2:

But that's enough talking from me, I talk way too much, time to hibernate for a few days!

Looks like the main character is infected just like Crane was in the original game, but there seems to be an element where you'll have to fi

• everyone is somewhat infected, thus explaining the bio marker on their wrists.

Actually now that I think about it, wasn't that a thing in the first game? I remember that some people had to somewhat regularly take a vaccine to hold off infection. The main community in the game specifically was in danger of running out of it and The Following DLC was all about looking for a proper cure.

• edited May 2021

Yeah I think they called it Antizin?

The first game was very focused on getting a cure like in the Slums, there was Dr. Zere, but I think he died? His lab was definitely destroyed though that much I am certain. Then in Old Town you met a scientist who hunkered down in a facility to study the virus and around the end, it leaves you with the hope that he could develop a cure.

Then as you said about The Following, it was looking for a proper cure, but sadly, never getting it. The bleak Endings for The Following left me conflicted (especially knowing that the people within The Tower are dead, but I've made my peace with the Endings.

That intention of hibernation didn't last too long, but I'll adhere to it starting now as I don't know when to shut my mouth :joy:

everyone is somewhat infected, thus explaining the bio marker on their wrists. Actually now that I think about it, wasn't that a thi

• edited May 2021

This is out on Netflix now, and I've just learned that the English cast also has David Tennant and Rosario Dawson.

FINE
    I'll watch your stacked-cast dub Netflix.

Well, Eden looks like a pretty cool 3D anime. (This trailer removes some of the mystery of teasers from earlier though) The MC's dub voice

• I totally get why people hate or are put off by The Followings endings and I usually hate bleak endings but this was one of those rare times where I actually really liked it. I honestly thought The Following was actually pretty well written, not amazing but in comparison to the nothing from the base game it was a big improvement, and had some really cool original ideas especially with the cult and the stuff with the Mother.

At the very least with the zombo-Crane ending there's potential that some of the people from The Tower ended up surviving since the nuke didn't go off.

Yeah I think they called it Antizin? (Spoiler) That intention of hibernation didn't last too long, but I'll adhere to it starting now as I don't know when to shut my mouth

• So cool when drop in after few months or a year to see the forum. You get a dose of nostalgia and remember all the awesome users and stories we shared. Than you look back at the previous pages on the thread pages like a time machine to relive some of the crazy times. Few years back this place was my escape and helped me when felt isolated. I do feel like telltale games will be reborn and this forum will explode again.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Little Nightmares is free on Steam

• I dunno. I already have the game and its DLC on PS4.

dojo32161 posted: »

Little Nightmares is free on Steam

• The one thing that actually bothers me the most is:

Brecken. Like, what happened to him? The last time we saw him was when he rescued Crane after he escaped Rais' base. He brought him to an overrun community near the bridge and after Crane wakes up and gets his weapons back, Brecken just gets out of the picture like it's nothing. We never hear from him ever again, not even in the DLC. Wasn't he supposed to be the leader of the Tower? Unknown fate is worse than death if you ask me.

(Spoiler)

• You DARE say NO to a free game?

how could you

I dunno. I already have the game and its DLC on PS4.

• I'm super happy that everyone's hyped for Horizon II and the clips I've seen look pretty dang cool.
    But I can't bring myself to watch the full presentation since I haven't even played the first game :lol:

• All I said was "I dunno"

You DARE say NO to a free game? how could you

• Me neither. I got the first game when it was free but I'm not in mood for it yet.

I'm super happy that everyone's hyped for Horizon II and the clips I've seen look pretty dang cool. But I can't bring myself to watch the full presentation since I haven't even played the first game

• I thought the exaggerated text would convey the sarcasm in that comment, my bad.

All I said was "I dunno"

• I was just messing around

I thought the exaggerated text would convey the sarcasm in that comment, my bad.

• Welp... Ya got me there...

I was just messing around

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited May 2021

Friends, pour a drink out for a true hero, who was tragically killed five years ago. Harambe, we will never forget it.

• I will, eventually. But right now, I'm busy platinuming Resident Evil Village.

@AChicken @AronDracula Play it, now! https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-CUSA10237_00-HRZCE00000000000

• I will, eventually. But right now, I'm busy platinuming Watch Dogs: Legion.

@AChicken @AronDracula Play it, now! https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-CUSA10237_00-HRZCE00000000000

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Friends, pour a drink out for a true hero, who was tragically killed five years ago. Harambe, we will never forget it.

• edited May 2021

I finished Mass Effect 1 a couple days ago. It's pretty good! I enjoyed my time with it. I like most of the characters and the story was really interesting. The gameplay is pretty fun and the missions can get surprisingly tense at times. There's some really standout moments, particularly Virmire and the latter end of the game. I also quite enjoyed exploring The Citadel, even if navigating around got a bit confusing at times.

However, I will say that the romance in the game is pretty not good lol. It felt like it came out of nowhere and got a little awkward when you suddenly have two characters fighting for your attention and them asking you to pick one or the other. I also didn't really enjoy the Mako stuff. It felt like controlling a virtual RC car rather than a vehicle and driving around haphazardly climbing mountains just wasn't fun.

Other than that I had fun with it. I started Mass Effect 2 and it's neat to see how some of my past choices have affected the some of the characters and the world. A friend told me that this was his favourite of the series so I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited May 2021

Were you playing the Legendary Edition? I love Mass Effect.

Virmire is awesome - Saren and Sovereign are equally awesome. The writing is great. The romance was so-and-so, but it gets better in the later games. Mako is super painful. ME1's story is great.

Mass Effect 2 is amazing, and contains one of gaming's greatest missions. Your choices will definitely matter, and I highly advise you pay attention to the characters' strengths and weaknesses. For example, notice how Zaeed's stories always turn out. That's a hint for something. And the loyalty missions are so good! Really fun. Do all of them! Characters are great - Mordin, the Illusive Man, and even some side characters (did you save Shiala on Feros? Please tell me you did).

I finished Mass Effect 1 a couple days ago. It's pretty good! I enjoyed my time with it. I like most of the characters and the story was rea

• Oh damn,i see we're talking about Mass Effect i only have one thing to say

Were you playing the Legendary Edition? I love Mass Effect. Virmire is awesome - Saren and Sovereign are equally awesome. The writing is

• Got saddled with completing a second, what was a month long project in at most two weeks because someone who I heard might leaving beforehand actually left and didn't reply when I emailed them after hearing an unclear message they passed along two weeks prior. This is keeping in mind how they specifically assigned everyone their task(s) on the first meeting and I recall asking the coordinator at least twice whether that person would be still responsible for theirs, which the same coordinator denied when they told me this two days ago.
    Fml

• edited May 2021

Yep, a friend sent it to me as a gift so I've been playing it.

I'm still pretty early into it but really like most of the new characters so far, except Jacob and Zaeed who are think are really bland honestly. I really like Mordin, I think he's hilarious.

did you save Shiala on Feros?

Yep I did.

Were you playing the Legendary Edition? I love Mass Effect. Virmire is awesome - Saren and Sovereign are equally awesome. The writing is

• I'm gonna say it: Shuba Duck is this year's second best meme so far behind Think, Mark.

Ressemblance to similar creatures notwithstanding.

• Legendary Edition means you'll get all the ME2 DLC, which is good. Kasumi, the Shadow Broker, very good. Mordin is funny for sure, but I think what makes truly a great character are the other parts of his personality - you will see as you play the game. Jacob and Zaeed are indeed bland, especially the former. Jacob's loyalty mission is the most interesting part of the character. At least Zaeed has a damn cool voice, and his loyalty mission is decent, because some of the outcomes are quite interesting.

Samara's is too, although you might have not met her yet. Samara, mmmmhmmmm. Incidentally, Samara is played by Billie Eilish's mother. And Shiala, well, I have a soft spot for her, so good you saved her. I also hope Wrex is okay, because Wrex is badass.

Yep, a friend sent it to me as a gift so I've been playing it. I'm still pretty early into it but really like most of the new characters

• Turns out TikTok isn't so cringe as I thought.

dojo32161 posted: »

• Mordin is funny for sure, but I think what makes truly a great character are the other parts of his personality - you will see as you play the game.

I got to his loyalty mission and I really liked it. A lot of great characterisation for him. He's very layered. Like an onion.

Samara is played by Billie Eilish's mother.

I haven't gotten her yet but that is wild lol.

Legendary Edition means you'll get all the ME2 DLC, which is good. Kasumi, the Shadow Broker, very good. Mordin is funny for sure, but I thi

• The romances for 1 are really rough. Bioware hadn't really found their groove with it by then. On my first run I accidentally romanced Liara which was really uncomfortable...

It does progressively get better though :wink:!

I finished Mass Effect 1 a couple days ago. It's pretty good! I enjoyed my time with it. I like most of the characters and the story was rea

• Yeah the romance, particularly with Liara felt very fetishised, but so far the romance in ME2 is a lot better written.

The romances for 1 are really rough. Bioware hadn't really found their groove with it by then. On my first run I accidentally romanced Liara which was really uncomfortable... It does progressively get better though !

• Trying my hand at Thief (2014). I'm saying "trying" because, honestly, it just kind of feels like a poor man's Dishonored. Which feels kind of ironic, because I heard Dishonored lifted a lot from the original Thief games. The point is, it feels like a slog to get through at the moment.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.