The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I have dyspraxia as well, although it was something I was not aware I even had until my late teens due to a lack of awareness about it.

Yeah I wasn't diagnosed until I was 17, I was admitted into a psychiatric service due to low mood, and soon I was assessed, and met the criteria for it. I always thought I was just bad at writing, but I was pretty good at sports, like, really good, I was a solid sprinter that, not to be cocky, was very hard to catch.

I am from Ireland, and to be honest, I have not heard much about it before I was diagnosed, I can't recall ever hearing about it, but I'm happy with how much Ireland has progressed in terms of mental health and mental illness, don't get me wrong though, it's still treated as a very taboo subject here, but progress has been made, and that progress is leading somewhere great.

There's a mental health clinic opening up near me next week, people can drop in and talk to a member of staff free of charge, I'm thinking of doing that as I honestly have a lot to get off my chest that I just bottled up and dwelled on because that's how I have "dealt" with my struggles, by agonizing over it, thinking it over again and again and again.

Sorry to get all into the nitty gritty, as always I have too much to say and wanted to get it out there

TheFurryOne posted: »

I wish I could do graphic design, but I'm not that great at drawing due to a condition I have called dyspraxia, it affects both my fine and

• Brilliant! And maybe it wasn't as rough as you think, I do that at times where I look back on what I think I could have did better, but it may just be you being very critical of your performance, either way it's done with and you can relax! Enjoy those two weeks, you've earned them!

AChicken posted: »

Yay, thanks!! Today went pretty well! I'd say overall that was our best performance yet. The runthrough of Figaro was really solid, though

• I can't remember if I can but does anyone know how to change my name, or can I even?

• You cannot

I can't remember if I can but does anyone know how to change my name, or can I even?

• Ahhhhh I missed this a bit, but AHHHH

Hey PsychoKinesis!! Long time no see! Wow.
    Awesome to see you here. Hope that graphic design course is cool. (What exactly do you do in that? Make interesting logos, framing, art...?)

I'm in an acting program. It's tough stuff, but it's worth it.
    Cool to see you back.

Heyeyey, it's good to see you guys @Cocoa2736 @iFoRias @CAITT @InGen_Nate_Kenny @AChicken ! Kinda a late response. I'm doing good! I've s

• Just about cast all the actors in our short film and we might even have a couple more hands on deck to help out with filming (thank fuckin' God). Filming should start in a week or two. Hopefully nothing goes wrong and it actually turns out good lmao.

• Someone who is more up to date on internet memes fill me in here...why did a bunch of Josh's fight each other with pool noodles to determine the last Josh standing.

• It was originally some facebook/twitter group chat. Then this image was shared online and I assume a whole bunch of other Joshes showed up because of that.

Someone who is more up to date on internet memes fill me in here...why did a bunch of Josh's fight each other with pool noodles to determine the last Josh standing.

• Would you happen to know the results of the fight? I was thinking of putting money on Josh to win, he seemed like the bookmakers favourite at the time

It was originally some facebook/twitter group chat. Then this image was shared online and I assume a whole bunch of other Joshes showed up because of that.

• You fool, that guy wouldn't know what to do with a pool noodle if he was thrown into a pool. Now Josh, that's a guy who knows how to handle his noodle.

Would you happen to know the results of the fight? I was thinking of putting money on Josh to win, he seemed like the bookmakers favourite at the time

• Seems like by the end of the fight, a little kid by the name of Josh was crowned King of Joshes.

Would you happen to know the results of the fight? I was thinking of putting money on Josh to win, he seemed like the bookmakers favourite at the time

• A point well raised man, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of a pool noodle from Josh, he is unsettlingly efficient with his noodle.

I think it's important to shed some light on Josh though, coming into this bout, he was very much the underdog with a lot to prove, and boy did he deliver.

@AChicken that kid is going places, mark my words, this event just kickstarted his career.

lupinb0y posted: »

You fool, that guy wouldn't know what to do with a pool noodle if he was thrown into a pool. Now Josh, that's a guy who knows how to handle his noodle.

• edited April 2021

In a wild turn of events, Respawn Entertaint (creators of Titanfall) won an Oscar award for their documentary, "Colette," under the Best Short Documentary category. Making them the first video game studio to win an Oscar. The documentary was available in their recently released Medal of Honor VR game.

The synopsis of the film:

90-year-old Colette Marin-Catherine confronts her past by visiting the German concentration camp Mittelbau-Dora where her brother was killed. As a young girl, she fought Hitler's Nazis as a member of the French Resistance. For 74 years, she has refused to step foot in Germany, but that changes when a young history student named Lucie enters her life. Prepared to re-open old wounds and revisit the terrors of that time, Marin-Catherine offers important lessons for us all.

The whole thing can be watched for free here.

EDIT
    I just finished watching it, I can see why they won. This absolutely destroyed me lmao.

• Thank you for sharing this, it was an emotional watch from beginning to end.

In a wild turn of events, Respawn Entertaint (creators of Titanfall) won an Oscar award for their documentary, "Colette," under the Best Sho

• edited April 2021

So, the Oscars didn't even get 10M viewers this year. (usually, it's at least 20M)

Meanwhile The Game Awards got 8x that viewership.

Methinks they need to change up the formula a bit. Include more movie trailers instead of stuffing it with ad breaks or something.
    (then again, the format was pretty different last night. Where the heck were all the clips for the nominees??)

• I was struggling to keep it together at the crematorium but when Colette gave Lucie the ring I was fuckin' bawling.

Thank you for sharing this, it was an emotional watch from beginning to end.

• These award shows have been hemorrhaging viewers for the last several years, and it goes beyond the Oscars. SAG, Emmys, Grammys, etc., they’re all losing viewership. There’s several reasons why, and frankly, I couldn’t be happier about it.

So, the Oscars didn't even get 10M viewers this year. (usually, it's at least 20M) Meanwhile The Game Awards got 8x that viewership. M

• It's so unreal.

(Thanks, now you've got that stuck in my head lol)

I'm very late, but I hope you had a nice birthday though! Did you have cake?

Time is a horrible thing. Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings. Watch it countdown to the end of the day, the clock ticks life away.

• Ohh yeah, Munch's Oddysee is the weakest of the Oddworld games, but it still has some great art, cinematics, story, and charm to it. It's pretty awful to play though lol.

Ooh, it doesn't surprise me to hear that the TLOU Pt II thread exploded lmao. Such a controversial game that was. But that's not inherently a bad thing.

Hmmm, I've only played it once so far and admittedly it's hard for me to fully absorb a story on one playthrough... but basically... I enjoyed it very much. There were some odd things here and there and a few things I didnt like, but overall, I thought it had a great story with a unique way of telling it too, and I find it commendable of the developers to take such big risks with the storytelling and characters.

I might have to pop into the TLOU thread sometime. I imagine there's lots of walls of text there lol.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

My first Oddworld game was Munch’s odysee when I was a kid. I don’t remember it much but I’ve heard it’s not as good as the other games I th

• It was alright. I treated myself with some nice Japanese food. Friends were busy that day unfortunately so a mini celebration was put off a couple days. Then we had hot pot :grimace:

It's so unreal. (Thanks, now you've got that stuck in my head lol) I'm very late, but I hope you had a nice birthday though! Did you have cake?

• I might have to pop into the TLOU thread sometime. I imagine there's lots of walls of text there lol.

Ohh yeah, Munch's Oddysee is the weakest of the Oddworld games, but it still has some great art, cinematics, story, and charm to it. It's pr

• I haven't watched these events ever as I lacked interest in them, but it's something I'd always hear about, so to hear the viewership is declining is a bit of a shock. Why do you think that is? Perhaps people prefer spending time on Disney+, Netflix or Hulu?

Or getting hopes up for a certain actor to win just for them to miss out? I know some people wanted Steven Yeun to win Best Actor for his role in Minari, but that's about it. But I'm curious as to what you think is contributing to the decline in viewership

These award shows have been hemorrhaging viewers for the last several years, and it goes beyond the Oscars. SAG, Emmys, Grammys, etc., they’re all losing viewership. There’s several reasons why, and frankly, I couldn’t be happier about it.

• edited April 2021

Some of it probably has to do with people finding other stuff to do, but even during a pandemic and lockdowns, when people were cut off from their favorite activities, these award shows were not raking in the viewers. And you’d think that, with more people at home and using streaming services to watch more movies and tv shows, that they’d be getting more viewers, but it hasn’t happened.

If you ask me, one of the big contributors could be the rise of social media and easier access to the news. Why should I watch a 3-4 hour award ceremony, when I can watch a 5-10 minute recap on YouTube, have someone live tweet the winners, or just google “Oscar winners 2021.”

But I’d say the biggest reason is the perception of Hollywood elitism has pushed people to their limit and they’re responding with tuning out. Like all award shows, it’s a chance for whichever industry to stroke their own dicks, and the Oscars are one of the worst at it. Each swag bag for this years Oscars came out to $205,000, like holy shit, seriously? Or how about, for the last several years, they’ve been nominating and awarding movies that no one has seen or heard of. I’m not shitting on these movies or the directors who made them, I’m sure they are very good films. But I’m also old enough to remember when Lord of the Rings received Best Picture nominations, and won with Return of the King. Or what about The Hurt Locker, Slumdog Millionaire, Argo, The Departed, movies that people knew or had seen, were popular with critics and audiences, all Best Picture winners. I looked at the list for this year, never heard of any of them or had no interest in watching. Fucking hell, there was a movie about a heavy metal drummer, HELLO! And yet, I still don’t have an interest in watching it, that’s saying something. Now granted I’m just a casual movie goer, but that’s the audience the Oscars have left behind, so why should I, or people like me, watch an award show for movies I’ve never seen or heard of? Now they’ll entice you with nominating some big name, big earning movies like Black Panther, Ford v. Ferrari, American Sniper, etc., but we all know they won’t win. Those movies aren’t “artistic” enough. Hollywood is better and smarter than us, and they have to prove it by giving out awards to Moonlight or Spotlight, movies that don’t have an appeal to the common viewer. I’m not asking for Endgame or the highest grossing movies to automatically get Oscar noms, but what I am saying is that I don’t feel like sitting down to watch an FCC permitted circle jerk from Hollywood.

I don’t need to know which actor/actress won and now can afford a new beach house or enjoy some lavish luxury I can only imagine having, I’ve got my own problems to deal with in my own life. The point is, Hollywood and the elites who run it are out of touch with the common viewer and no one wants to watch these hypocritical pricks glorify themselves.

It’s also political, but I can’t get into it without getting banned. However, I will say this: Best Picture and other Oscar nominated movies should go to movies that were deemed exceptional and outstanding, it should go to the best movie and should be judged based on its merits of writing, directing, acting, music score, etc. It should not be judged based on inclusion, but that’s going to be how the Oscars nominate films going forward. Just to get nominated, a movie must have “one of the lead actors or significant supporting actors is from an underrepresented racial or ethnic group; at least 30% of all actors in secondary and more minor roles are from certain underrepresented groups; or the main storyline, theme or narrative is centered on an underrepresented group.” So movies like Dunkirk, 1917, The Irishman, etc. would not be getting Oscar noms had they been made with this criteria. Pushing for more diversity and inclusion is fine, but if you’re doing it by changing the standards like this, than expect people to tune out.

One person I actually agree with for once when it comes to this has been Bill Maher.

I haven't watched these events ever as I lacked interest in them, but it's something I'd always hear about, so to hear the viewership is dec

• Gaming has took off though in 2020, I just saw a comparison of The Game Awards' ratings and the Oscars, and seeing the rise of The Game Awards and the fall of the Oscars, traditional TV seems to be slowly fading away into obscurity.

I agree with YouTube being a thing, a prominent thing at that into how we get our information, saving time by checking out highlights or even Googling winners of the awards, spending hours to watch the ceremony unfold can come across as boring, but, maybe the slow pace leaves you anticipating which actor or what film you want to win, and I get some don't want to go all in for fear of being disappointed, but that's part and parcel with everything, you'll have ups and downs, but looking back, you spent four hours in anticipation for one particular moment, and along the way, you've opened yourself up to stuff you probably haven't heard of but may give a try.

Looking online, others have said that there was not a lot of high profile films, not necessarily a bad thing, the same crowd complains of big name films being more or less the same, so why do they respond in such a way to a completely different styled film that strays away from what the blockbusters do? Look at it like this, we know big games like Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty and they sell very well, but we know what to expect from them more or less, with a lesser known indie, we don't know, and taking that risk of adventuring with said indie, it hits far different, we get something we aren't expecting. What I'm saying is regarding smaller lesser known films shown at the Oscars, there's no harm in giving them a try even if you haven't heard of them, you may come away surprised.

Hollywood Elitism... as far as I'm concerned, I can't say I'm against the idea of a person in the industry decides to speak up on issues plaguing our world, I encourage it. I mean, we as a society want them to use their platform for good but when they do, they're on the receiving end of a mob. I know, I know, a wealthy person with high stature in the industry telling us what we should do isn't appealing, but, they aren't exactly wrong with their messaging, and yeah I agree that the lucrative sums they receive just for walking into the building is mental, and should be toned down a great deal.

Everyone is a hypocrite though, really and truly, it doesn't dilute the importance of a message that is broadcasted though, these sorts of ceremonies are known for high viewership, and we've got a lot of problems going on on our little blue sphere, there's no better time to use such a ceremony to address something of concern and have the wider population recognise it and seek to combat it.

Political... I'd ask what's political about it, but you've mentioned the Forums rules about political discussions, so I'll refrain from asking that question to you, but I'll just say, maybe the politics that come out of it aren't so bad, but receive the loud backlash that they receive because some of the things discussed that are diverse, inclusive and equality seeking are portrayed as such bad things, when in fact they're the opposite.

I was really treading on a thin line with that last part :joy: but yeah that's what I think

Some of it probably has to do with people finding other stuff to do, but even during a pandemic and lockdowns, when people were cut off from

• I've never really cared about award shows, and this year is no exception. They just seem boring to me, and they push the news late. I do not care who wears what kind of dress and what kinds of gifts already-rich people receive.

If I had to guess why the Oscars didn't get much viewership this year, though, it's probably because people didn't see a lot of movies. Yes, of course there was streaming video, but that doesn't feel the same as going out and seeing something on the big screen. Some movies have been withheld for monetary reasons and are still not out yet.

I hate writing negative posts, so I will say that it's always a delight to see people excited for having their work recognized.

• If they actually wanted to engage in a discussion, that's one thing, but they aren't, it comes off as superior and that they're trying to talk down to us. I don't need a millionaire who has made an entire career playing different parts, living in a mansion, and hasn't had to deal with the effects of lockdowns, their businesses closing, being laid off, and other real world problems lecturing me on how "privileged" I am for something that I'm not in control of, especially when they don't do anything to actually fix the issues they seemingly care so much about. Just preach about it to come off as good to their friends and better to others, while others are just trying to get by and have more pressing concerns right in front of us that are of far greater value. Problems they don't have to worry about. They go on about stuff like homelessness and how more needs to be done to help them, but stand idly by when the city of Los Angeles boots a homeless encampment out of Union Station and threatens them with the destruction of their stuff so they could have their award show there.

I want to see a movie to escape, I just want to enjoy it and use it as a break from the shit I deal with on a regular basis. You don't get that anymore from Oscar movies, it's just a nonstop barrage of how much things suck and why I should feel bad about this, and yet they wonder why people aren't watching them anymore. Yes you or I may want to see some of those movies at some points, but not all the damn time. If I wanted a thinking piece about the racism and struggles of minority groups, I'll watch a movie like that, but other times, I want the comfort movie where I can just grab a bowl of popcorn and enjoy. I don't want to eat every night at some luxurious and expensive French restaurant, sometimes I want a comfortable and unhealthy burger from Wendys.

Gaming has took off though in 2020, I just saw a comparison of The Game Awards' ratings and the Oscars, and seeing the rise of The Game Awar

• edited April 2021

• edited April 2021

Except they aren't, they are talking right to us, as human beings, I get the wariness of celebrities because look, they make money, they live a luxurious life, they've got more money than they know what to do with, their wealth goes so deep, that any of their children don't have to work a day of their lives, that's how well off they are financially. But I have a feeling it's only a few celebrities that use the platform to convey a message of good that are taken issue with? Their opinion suddenly counts for less?

They aren't wrong with their messaging, but their message means less because it's a rich person saying it? If they completely brushed aside any and all issues we are going through, you can bet the silence would be met with backlash, personally, I'd much rather get backlash for doing something I know is right and good rather than nod and sit and be silent when I could be using my platform to sound a resonating message that is just.

Everyone has been hard hit by what we've gone through for the past year, including celebrities, are they as worse off as us? Hardly, and I'm sure that's what you were getting at, but if the complaints are about how much these people earn, surely there's a process and rules that can come into play that perhaps make them pay their due and balance the scales of wealth based on what they earn? I'm all for that.

I don't agree at all with the moving of homeless people, you are right to be outraged, but you direct it at the people that are practically guests at an event? Surely the blame lies with another body, rather than the people that attended the events? They have no control over it, but you can bet they took issue with it, they're human.

By no means am I discounting what you go through, and I respect that, I wish you well, but so does everyone, I have my problems, and when I see a film that shows others having problems, it doesn't exhaust me, or water down my experience, it gets me motivated to actually do something about it rather than switch it off because it's true, because of its truth I want to face the problem, not hide away from it. I'm not a model human being by any means, and don't intend to make myself out to be, I have my flaws, as we all do.

A film isn't exempt to being used to convey a message, nor is a game, a book, a comic, a song, they all tell a story, and not all of them are doom and gloom, but fiction has always took what we have in reality and applied it to the format, nothing has changed, except filmmakers, developers, artists etc, are all a lot more brave and compelled to tell a story that bears an ugly truth, art has always done that, except now with social media, people can be more vocal about how much they dislike the ugly truth like it's a recent occurrence, it's not, it's been going for as long as these mediums existed, and will continue to, because the platforms are perfect to tell such stories. Some of the most renowned pieces of art have touched on issues, Metal Gear Solid for one, The Last of Us another, Bioshock another, I bet hardly anyone takes the time to see what those games really have to say, and those that do, totally misinterpret what that art is saying at its core.

Nothing stops you from sitting down and watching a film except yourself, fiction takes inspiration from reality, and yeah reality can be shit, but it can be good, and media doesn't shy away from showing the shit bits, but it shows the good bits too, it takes going through the shit to reach the good, a main character may have several obstacles to jump through, but when they do, what it leads to is what is good for the character, and possibly, the world they inhabit.

You don't have to eat fancy every night, enjoy that Wendy burger, I enjoy my Big Macs, but picking a burger every time and complaining about a meal of substance when it's presented to you, there are better things to be at man.

Pardon my wall of text, didn't think it'd be this long :joy:

If they actually wanted to engage in a discussion, that's one thing, but they aren't, it comes off as superior and that they're trying to ta

• edited April 2021

I feel like over time the Oscars have just lost their lustre for many people. That, and with everything happening with Covid last year must have really dampened expectations for the nominees.

I usually casually tune into the Oscars and other award shows if there's something I'm particularly interested in winning, but this year I totally skipped out.

• I don't think I saw any of the nominees in the major categories this year, apart from Soul, Borat 2 and Nomadland.
    • With Covid, a lot of movies that were highly anticipated last year were either pushed back or released with little fanfare (it's not like you can really go out and see plenty of billboards and ads for upcoming films anymore. Last year for me was 90% at home)
    • Some films were pushed to streaming services, and with the amount of them popping up now, the fragmented accessibility of them definitely hurts viewership.
    • The lack of a single host has put me off since they started that. It just feels less cohesive now. I need that connecting tissue of a host to guide us along on a night of musical numbers and poking fun at Hollywood.
    • Like I've seen mentioned elsewhere, the extravagance and special appeal of the Academy and Hollywood has died down a bit. Either due to controversy, or catching on to the fact that there's some group of 500-elite-people voting on their best pick (when it's known some people don't even watch all the films they vote for).
      Seeing the supporting actress of Minari get all star-struck by Brad Pitt was fun though. Relatable lol.

• There really seemed to be a lack of marketing for these Oscars. It was only a few days before it was gonna air that I saw ads for it on the internet and TV. Weird.

Overall, doesn't seem like this year's were too special -- despite them trying to change the format for Covid.
    There were barely (or none) any clips featured for any of the nominees, which is super strange. I should know what films are being addressed! I should have a glimpse of them so that it interests me, if I haven't seen it before.

I found it pretty funny though how the producers changed the order of awards this year to end with Best Actor. They probably thought it would end with a posthumous award for Chadwick Boseman, being the perfect emotional viral moment, then it just went to Anthony Hopkins -- who wasn't even there and was sleeping in bed at the time they gave the award lol.
    Just end it with Best Picture, it ain't broke, so don't fix it.

But there's definitely some films that I'm gonna add to my watch list because of their Oscar noms.
    Promising Young Woman was already on that, but I guess I should really check out Minari, Judas and the Black Messiah, Trial of the Chicago 7, and Ma Raineys Black Bottom with all the buzz surrounding that.

• seeing the rise of The Game Awards and the fall of the Oscars

Game Awards will lose viewership as well, especially after the last one which sucked from start to finish.

Gaming has took off though in 2020, I just saw a comparison of The Game Awards' ratings and the Oscars, and seeing the rise of The Game Awar

• Hmm well I doubt to the extent of the Oscars, but can we expect the viewership to drop this year? Yeah, after the last one was very commercialised and dedicated little time to the majority of Awards, I get that, those were my gripes with the 2020 Awards.

Interest in viewing has probably dropped because a certain game scooped up several Awards last year, but those that say they'll not watch will probably tune in anyway because it's something to watch.

AronDracula posted: »

seeing the rise of The Game Awards and the fall of the Oscars Game Awards will lose viewership as well, especially after the last one which sucked from start to finish.

• I mean if you want the real answer to why Oscars and other Award Shows ratings dropped but Game Awards keep rising its simply because there are announcements and perks for games for watching The Game Awards and not the Oscars. And that is literally the only reason why. The Game Awards views are not going to drop this year at all and will very likely be extremely high again because there's more of an incentive to watch as an audience member. Is it possible it will be less than 83 million like last year? Yes, but I doubt it will drop massively, and if we are being honest it is more likely to rise. And because there's no guarantee of what will be announced there, it attracts pretty much every major fanbase from around the world to watch in hopes they will get to see an announcement for something they want, something that has 0 presence in any other award show. You can look up award winners the next day, you can't look up the feeling of "witnessing a surprise world premiere live."

Notice how the BAFTAs have a show for Video Game Awards arguably with better presentation for the awards but the viewership is minuscule in comparison to The Video Game Awards because there are no BAFTA announcement trailers for upcoming games.

• Totally agree, you put it in better terms than I did. There'll be people that say they'll boycott this year's Awards, but they'll be some of the first to tune in when it goes live. The Game Awards despite the commercialised nature and lack of focus on smaller Awards in the last edition, will continue to grow as the medium of gaming continues to grow. If gaming didn't hit mainstream before, it definitely made an entrance in 2020.

Like with the Awards, of course we get to see new announcements but it is all about celebrating games for what they are as an art form.

And I agree with the feeling of witnessing an announcement live, I'll never forget the excitement I felt in seeing The Wolf Among Us: Season Two being announced, that's what makes the event lasting, and people will go back, whether they want to or not, and watch as they want to replicate that feeling of excitement.

Poogers555 posted: »

I mean if you want the real answer to why Oscars and other Award Shows ratings dropped but Game Awards keep rising its simply because there

• I do wish the Game Awards were less commercialized, but world premieres are a bit of a staple now and I don't think they should just stop doing them. Gaming is an interactive media so the award show should have some interactivity for audience members, and reveals are probably the best way to do so.

That said, wish they focused way less on things like Muppets or whatever musical performances and really just fluff stuff. Keep an opening musical number and then close with the symphony doing all the nominee main themes. Watching Greenday on Stream at the VGAs is like watching a video of fireworks and has 0 relation to gaming. Plus the live crowds so obviously never care it actually becomes really funny. Then lastly, Oscar's let Hair and Makeup talk on stage, but VGA goes "And winner of best VR game is... X! Congrats! Anyway, 5 minute Muppet segment time, sorry buddy, just couldn't fit you in to speak in front of your peers!"

Totally agree, you put it in better terms than I did. There'll be people that say they'll boycott this year's Awards, but they'll be some of

• Watching Green Day on Stream at the VGAs is like watching a video of fireworks and has 0 relation to gaming.

Weren't they promoting a Beat Saber DLC pack that featured their songs?

I do wish the Game Awards were less commercialized, but world premieres are a bit of a staple now and I don't think they should just stop do

• True, I mean more so like advertising for other stuff, where this part of my comment fails is I can't recall an ad from the last Awards, but there just seemed to be an ad every 20 seconds, I'm sure some of the products are good and enhanced the experience for buyers, but I don't think it should divert too much focus from the event it is broadcasting advertising through.

I would love to see more interactivity too, it's a no-brainer as you said, the medium is interactive, connect with the audience by exhibiting a level of interactivity that the medium holds.

I'm wondering what you think they could add to make the event more interactive though, I'm all for it, just want to hear your ideas.

The Muppets stuff is cringe, no beating around the bush with it, it's goofy, I do roll my eyes when I see it, it's a light-hearted part of the show, which is fine, but, I wouldn't miss it if they removed it.

Musical performances I think are alright, I don't know how to explain it, I think they add a bit of grandeur to the event as a whole, maybe the Livestream viewers don't care for it, but I think it adds a bit more to the event in terms of viewership and having it be a good vibes sort of thing.

But the biggest gripe I have is the brief nature of Awards that aren't GOTY, these are some of the biggest moments in these nominee's and winner's lives, they deserve the spotlight on them, the event is to celebrate Video Games, celebrate Video Games as a whole, not exclusively the AAA scene. I couldn't care if the added focus on indies added another three hours to the event, I just want appropriate timing for each nominee and winner of Awards, they deserve it

I do wish the Game Awards were less commercialized, but world premieres are a bit of a staple now and I don't think they should just stop do

• Definitely that. People tune in for the announcements of games not announcements of awards.

God, I wish that weren't the case, but it is.
    Makes me real mad thinking of all those awards that were swept under the rug in a 10 second break by Geoff. And now... more WORLD PREMIERES!

I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the spectacle of the reveals, and I get that people are clamoring to show their game at this highly-popular event, but that's become the focus and its so sad.
    And those celebrity appearances? Ehhhh no thanks. Sometimes they're okay, other times they're weird.

Who remembers when they ended the show some two years ago with some Fast and Furious folks advertising a pretty terrible licensed title?

I mean if you want the real answer to why Oscars and other Award Shows ratings dropped but Game Awards keep rising its simply because there

• Thought I'd share it as I figured there's bound to be some people here who like it, but Sailor Moon is getting its first film(s) in 26 years in Sailor Moon Eternal: The Movie Part 1 and Part 2. Both will premiere on Netflix on June 3rd this year.

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/22406462/pretty-guardian-sailor-moon-eternal-the-movie-release-date-netflix-june

• I'm not super sure what they could do to add more interactivity. I feel it has enough as it is seeing how that's the reason why it has so many views in the first place are the ads and reveals.

I do like the music, but like I said, I feel it fits better as an opener and a closure. Like even though Deku just informed me that there was a Greenday pack added to beat saber, I wouldn't say that really justifies their inclusion. It just isn't really needed or actually adds anything to the show, and just makes an already pretty long event feel like it is stalling. And sure shows should have fun bits, and I like the Muppets as much as the next guy, but it becomes really odd that they have appeared 3 times with pretty lengthy segments and only once was it actually gaming related. There really is no way around it, as a presentation standard it all comes off as filler.

Which leads me to what you are saying, I don't really like how they skip over winners but waste time with fluff. Like man must really suck winning at the game awards when Geoff pulls up the list of 3 categories that were deemed for the lightning round lmao. I mean shit, last year they were in the pre-show and said "fuck it" and announced a winner. Like congrats bro, you ain't even good enough for the main show!

True, I mean more so like advertising for other stuff, where this part of my comment fails is I can't recall an ad from the last Awards, but

Sign in to comment in this discussion.