The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I am crawling out of my shell to say you guys should read Berserk.

• edited September 2021

2 episodes into Kid Cosmic and this show is really sweet! It's got lots of style!

I love the comicbook-look to the character outlines and backgrounds. The unique stuff like the camcorder montage in the first episode was neat with the aspect ratio change, or how each episode gets a quick title-card freeze frame.

The main character Kid seems pretty hyperactive and can be a bit on the annoying side at times, but I like his dedication to fighting any and all evil, as well as how determined he is (despite his age and how outlandish it may be) that he can become a superhero based on the sheer knowledge of comics he has.
    The comedy surrounding it is fun too, with Kid being some self-aware nerd about comic tropes and yet how "the real world" doesn't usually follow that.

The supporting character of Jo is a great grounding element to the show, and I'm liking the growing rivalry between the gang and Stuck Chuck.

• Oh wow I love kid cosmic! I've actually watched both seasons. It's definitely worth the watch.

AChicken posted: »

2 episodes into Kid Cosmic and this show is really sweet! It's got lots of style! I love the comicbook-look to the character outlines and

• I'm glad this is getting more attention. Seems that everyone agrees that Rockstar & TakeTwo are getting more scummy and that the modders are doing a better job at upgrading the game.

• They deserve a lot of criticism. Not only are they greedy but they are also lazy as shit. Nothing about the GTA 5 remastered is "enhanced" or "expanded". I gave up on my hope for a sequel to Bully completely now. I don't even have high hopes for GTA 6 which probably isn't going to have the same deep storyline as Red Dead 2.

Menofthe214 posted: »

I'm glad this is getting more attention. Seems that everyone agrees that Rockstar & TakeTwo are getting more scummy and that the modders are doing a better job at upgrading the game.

• I gave up on my hope for a sequel to Bully completely now.

I wanted a Bully 2 or another Midnight Club (which has been cancelled forever) but oh well.

AronDracula posted: »

They deserve a lot of criticism. Not only are they greedy but they are also lazy as shit. Nothing about the GTA 5 remastered is "enhanced" o

• Me trying to figure out how I'm supposed to kill more than one target a mission in Deathloop.

• Playstation deal: (maybe xbox too? idk)
    EA Play has a 1-month discount offer – 1$ USD / 1.49$ CAD. Expires September 30th. Remember to turn off auto-renew immediately.

Useful if you want to check out some of their recent titles for cheap. Need for Speed Heat, Jedi Fallen Order, any of the Battlefields, A Way Out, the Sims, etc…

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP5498-CUSA15087_00-PSEAA99CENTPROMO/

• What the fuck

• What the fuck what?

DabigRG posted: »

What the fuck

• ... Am I missing something here? This is just a scene from the game.

DabigRG posted: »

What the fuck

• What the fuck what?

An unexpectedly weird scene. I realize I've never been about Resident Evil and didn't follow most of the game's advertising, but the leap from Big Steppie Whole Ass Vampire Woman to... everyone else in that scene was a wide one.

lupinb0y posted: »

... Am I missing something here? This is just a scene from the game.

• Put this into a syringe, and make this my booster shot. This looks like it'll be a fun unique project outside the Star Wars canon.
    I think all episodes are dropping on Wednesday so that's cool.

"ON-ime"... :fearful:
    ...oh, sorry, just got some Last Airbender PTSD there...

• edited September 2021

The Duel short (the black and white one) might actually be canon since they liked it so much a full on novel based on it is being released next month.

I could see this getting renewed for an indefinite amount of seasons. Just keep having a bunch of different studios (maybe even outside of Japan) making crazy shit with Star Wars. If they decide to let non-Japanese studios in on the action, I'd really like to see what Studio Mir or Flying Bark Productions could pull off.

I think all episodes are dropping on Wednesday so that's cool.

Oh wow they're all releasing on the same day. I thought they'd make it a weekly thing.

Put this into a syringe, and make this my booster shot. This looks like it'll be a fun unique project outside the Star Wars canon. I think

• ah-ng

Put this into a syringe, and make this my booster shot. This looks like it'll be a fun unique project outside the Star Wars canon. I think

• edited September 2021

Somehow, this 54 second skit is still better and more faithful than the live action movie.

Also, yes, that is Zuko's voice actor reprising his role.

• Somehow, this 54 second skit is still better and more faithful than the live action movie.

Since when there was a live-action film? 🤔

Somehow, this 54 second skit is still better and more faithful than the live action movie. Also, yes, that is Zuko's voice actor reprising his role.

• The fact that it sounds like he's deliberately pitching himself to hide that makes this funnier somehow

Somehow, this 54 second skit is still better and more faithful than the live action movie. Also, yes, that is Zuko's voice actor reprising his role.

• The reviews for Kena: Bridge of Spirits are out and things are looking good! I was looking forward to it so this is welcome news.

• Do you remember.... the death of Telltale, in September?

• And still no official news from new Telltale.

Do you remember.... the death of Telltale, in September?

• Hard to believe it's been 3 years. Surprised this place is still here.

That song will always remind me of that day.

Do you remember.... the death of Telltale, in September?

• Felt an earthquake for the first time. Jesus that scared the absolute shit outta me.

• edited September 2021

The anti-vax/lockdown protests here are getting dumber and dumber with today having some of these fools spitting on the Covid Vaccination staff. What a bunch of fucking disgusting idiots. Thank the Gods that the majority of the population aren't dumbasses and are actually wearing masks and getting their vaccinations so that restrictions will lighten up sooner but fuck me, this is still hundreds of people yelling at clouds every day becoming increasingly more irrational.

• After almost 12 hours of travel time, I have finally made it to Kentucky (well technically Indiana, but the festival is in Kentucky) for the Louder Than Life Festival. Metallica headlining tomorrow and Sunday, with some of my other favorite bands (Judas Priest, Sabaton, Breaking Benjamin, Killswitch Engage, Gojira) playing as well.

• edited September 2021

'I don't want to live on this planet anymore'

Mario is Chris Pratt
    Luigi is Charlie Day
    Anya Taylor-Joy is Peach
    Seth Rogen is Donkey Kong
    Keegan-Michael Key is Toad
    and Jack Black is Bowser
    Charles Martinet just has a cameo according to Miyamoto.

This seriously made me mad today. Disregarding practically the life's work of Charles Martinet to plug Celebrity voice actors in a movie starring video game's most Iconic mascot.
    Hollywood... WHY?

(Also we already have a brotherly-love movie starring Chris Pratt and its name is Onward. And it's good.)
    Those are all good actors, yes, but we already have an able, established cast (mostly comprising of Martinet). Uuuugh

• The only one I can see actually matching the voice of the original is Keegan-Michael Key as Toad. The rest give me psychic damage.

'I don't want to live on this planet anymore' Mario is Chris Pratt Luigi is Charlie Day Anya Taylor-Joy is Peach Seth Rogen is Don

• You know, I was about to give you the same response you told me when I was disappointed towards the cast of Albert Wesker in the new live-action adaption of Resident Evil. I was gonna be like "What is wrong with the cast for Mario film? Chris Pratt seems to be a great choice for Mario and especially Jack Black for Bowser".

Me not really growing up with Nintendo nor being a fan, I made a research and Charles Martinet, being Mario for 3 decades, wasn't chosen for the new animated film. I can understand now. Hollywood will just never learn. The video game movie curse will live on forever. Detective Pikachu and Sonic made no difference, they are just decent movies.

'I don't want to live on this planet anymore' Mario is Chris Pratt Luigi is Charlie Day Anya Taylor-Joy is Peach Seth Rogen is Don

• Is Wario in the movie? That's all that matters.

• I know right, it's like, wtf

Except Kevin Michael Richardson as Kamek. That's gold

• Holy fuck my dudes. I never thought I would see this day, but last night, it happened. I went to a Metallica show, and they didn’t play Enter Sandman.

That’s like their most popular and well known song, it catapulted Metallica into mainstream popularity, it’s been a set list staple since 1991, and they didn’t play it. Saw them 5 times before this, they always played it. That’s like Lynyrd Skynyrd not playing Free Bird, or Led Zeppelin not playing Stairway to Heaven, or…fuck, I don’t know what the kids are into these days to use as a modern comparison. I’m not complaining, I’m just fucking shocked is all.

• I’m having trouble seeing how they can pull this off since Charles Martinet pretty much is Mario’s voice as well as several others at this point. I feel like it will just be weird.

• Jesus this looks absolutely gorgeous. This is literally every frame a painting. I'm not a fan of League of Legends but I'm really looking forward to this.

• If someone is interested, Destiny 2 is apparently free on PS4 and PS5. Get it while you still can if you want to avoid giving Bungie money.

• edited September 2021

I'm pretty sure that's just Destiny 2 itself. -- Free to Play.

I think it became free about a year ago?

AronDracula posted: »

If someone is interested, Destiny 2 is apparently free on PS4 and PS5. Get it while you still can if you want to avoid giving Bungie money.

• edited September 2021

Alright then, false alarm. Turns out the reason they didn't play those songs was because, on Sunday, they decided to play the entire album live. The two sets had no repeat songs, so any song played on the first night wasn't played on Sunday, hence why they were skipped.

That being said, 2 amazing shows from Metallica down in Kentucky, fuck yeah. Outside of losing a shoe and enjoying most of the second show down a shoe, this was an amazing weekend.

Holy fuck my dudes. I never thought I would see this day, but last night, it happened. I went to a Metallica show, and they didn’t play Ente

• How'd you lose a shoe?

Alright then, false alarm. Turns out the reason they didn't play those songs was because, on Sunday, they decided to play the entire album l

• Well I hope you bought the Metallica-brand Adidas shoes on your way out.

Haha :blush: sounds like an awesome fun time.

Alright then, false alarm. Turns out the reason they didn't play those songs was because, on Sunday, they decided to play the entire album l

• I was in the pit during Metallica’s set, and my foot slipped out when someone behind me stepped on my heel. My body kept moving, but the shoe stayed planted, and my left foot slipped right out. Unfortunately, it’s hard to look for a lost item when 20 people around you are crashing into each other. Shoe probably got kicked around and ended up far from where I was. So I spent the majority of the show on one leg.

Honestly, it was a shitty pair of shoes and I needed a new pair anyway, so it works out.

lupinb0y posted: »

How'd you lose a shoe?

• Surprisingly, they weren’t selling them at the merch store, but I did get to try Metallica’s Blackened whiskey. Unfortunately, much like with other whiskey brands I’ve tried, I just didn’t like the taste. I’m clearly not a whiskey drinker.

Well I hope you bought the Metallica-brand Adidas shoes on your way out. Haha sounds like an awesome fun time.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.