The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited October 2023

I feel no shame in saying Tillie is a ceritfied piece of shit with zero talent. She doesn't care about the games, she does no research and can't even write for shit. I'd rather play Walking Dead Survival Instinct over 100,000 times over ever touching that comic book any day.

Robert Kirkman also lost all my respect because he doesn't care about the games that grew his baby even further to the public, especially gamers. There is absolutely no reason to continue supporting this rotten IP. It lost its entire popularity since 2016 and they are just beating the dead horse at this point. Is Daryl Dixon and Dead City even growing beyond 100,000 views?

• edited October 2023

Please play episode 5 :( Or play it on the 8 year anniversary and say you were a little late.

You may have though we would have missed this comment. But we did.

And I still need to play episode 5 of tales 😃😅😬🤓

• edited October 2023

Ended up looking up some scenes from got with Elaena to refresh my memory and it made me want to replay it again. I might do so sometime soon just to see how it feels all this time later.

Also I rewatched the ending. Honestly I feel like Telltale never truly intended to follow it up. Even though a season 2 was announced and was unofficially canceled I feel like they knew making that last episode it wasn't going to happen. I mean ANF couldn't handle 5 endings that could have easily been condensed into the next game as either Jane or Kenny is with you or no one is. Got has a full on determinant playable character and a million other alterations to the ending that I don't see how they'd handle it in a way that wouldn't feel terrible considering their usual go to was to just cut off any determinant situations as soon as possible.

captainivy1 posted: »

Can confirm Elaena was nothing like Maya. If anything I'd bump her up to that lonely A tier

• 💀💀😅

Poogers555 posted: »

Please play episode 5 Or play it on the 8 year anniversary and say you were a little late. You may have though we would have missed this comment. But we did.

• Look at this dude posting emojis instead of playing the best TftB episode.

💀💀😅

• The best Telltale episode

I said it, fite me 😤

Pipas posted: »

Look at this dude posting emojis instead of playing the best TftB episode.

• edited October 2023

Dw I will

Look at this dude posting emojis instead of playing the best TftB episode.

• I was going to say no twd s1 ep5 was but after what I've seen I'll shut up about it

Cocoa6372 posted: »

The best Telltale episode I said it, fite me 😤

• My top three are tftbl Ep 5, twd Ep 5 and tew Ep 5 and the first two are a close contest for best. Tftbl ep 5 was just crazy epic and tied up nearly every loose end very nicely, and I still play retrograde every now and then from the intro.

I was going to say no twd s1 ep5 was but after what I've seen I'll shut up about it

• edited October 2023

Tales from the Borderlands after taking the best parts of previous Telltale games and unexpectedly becoming the best Telltale game but is still to this day very commonly overlooked as one of the best narrative games of all time and now is stuck with a legacy forever tied to a franchise that does not care at all about how its world or characters are perceived all for Wiso to never finish it

The best Telltale episode I said it, fite me 😤

• They're lucky it was unofficially cancelled. Can you imagine that stuff coming out after some of the disastrous later seasons of Game of Thrones? Telltale would have closed up shop even earlier than it did.

Ended up looking up some scenes from got with Elaena to refresh my memory and it made me want to replay it again. I might do so sometime soo

• Tales Episode 5 is a fantastic closer, the only disappointing part is that Shade wasn't one of the options for the Vault Hunter team. Otherwise, no complaints --- it's astonishing that with such a limited team (hence some of the glitches) that it was as good as it was.

Otherwise, I'd say TWD S1 Episode 5, TWAU Episode 3, and BTTF Episode 3 (Citizen Brown is just awesome) are standout episodes.

My top three are tftbl Ep 5, twd Ep 5 and tew Ep 5 and the first two are a close contest for best. Tftbl ep 5 was just crazy epic and tied up nearly every loose end very nicely, and I still play retrograde every now and then from the intro.

• Holy Shit. The casting for these characters is actually on point.

• I might go against the flow here, but I find TWD S1E05 a bit overrated. Sure, it has a powerful ending, but the rest of the episode is just fine. I guess that goes to show the importance of nailing the ending.

Anyway, aside from the ones you mentioned, I'd also like to nominate the first episode of TWAU. Genuinely the best premiere episode Telltale has ever done imo. (Closely followed by TftB's first episode, that one was epic as well.)

My top three are tftbl Ep 5, twd Ep 5 and tew Ep 5 and the first two are a close contest for best. Tftbl ep 5 was just crazy epic and tied up nearly every loose end very nicely, and I still play retrograde every now and then from the intro.

• Tales episode 1 is really unique because it almost functions as its own story in itself and then episodes 2 through 5 keep building on the overall story that episode 1 sets up. This almost makes episode 1 feel like its purpose is simply to give characters a really long introduction so we get to know them really well before the main story begins which may be why the Tales cast is so good. Although I think Tales probably has the strongest episodes of any Telltale game without any obvious flaws or short episodes.

Wolf episode 1 is also pretty unique. I think a sad thing about Wolf is that it was rushed out at the end which is why episodes got so short the later the season got. This also made the pacing really fast. Episode 1 had a cool vibe and really felt like you were in the city because Bigby and Snow basically walk everywhere or are shown traveling in a taxi together. It felt more interconnected and it gave plenty of slower moments. So I hope Wolf 2 keeps that episode 1 vibe. (I also think one of the coolest things about Wolf is once you notice that it honestly takes place over like 3 days and it actually gives you the times of each day and night which makes it pretty cool to take in if you binge all episodes)

@InGen_Nate_Kenny Episode 3 I also feel is probably up there with episode 1 of Wolf as a standout. This time the fast pacing worked really well because the whole episode is about making you feel like you are running out of time and it does a fantastic job doing so. Also has one of my favorite episode endings because the build up to it is great. Reminiscing on Wolf makes me wish Telltale did something for the 10 year anniversary but it looks like they are never returning to twitter ever again :(

I might go against the flow here, but I find TWD S1E05 a bit overrated. Sure, it has a powerful ending, but the rest of the episode is just

• GoT didn't catch a lot of flak until the final season and Telltale went bankrupt before that, so I don't think it'd change much. It certainly wouldn't have helped though, because I imagine hiring those show actors wasn't exactly cheap.

They're lucky it was unofficially cancelled. Can you imagine that stuff coming out after some of the disastrous later seasons of Game of Thrones? Telltale would have closed up shop even earlier than it did.

• Yeah, I wish the rest of the Wolf episodes were more like the first one. But considering they had to do massive rewrites after the first episode, it's kind of a miracle the game came out as solid as it did.

I wasn't the biggest fan of episode 3, because the whole time Bigby was chasing a false lead. Of course, Bigby couldn't have known that, but from storytelling perspective it's such an obvious red herring that I couldn't enjoy myself as much lel. The ending was great though, I'll give you that.

And yeah, it's pretty amusing how Telltale twitter went

after the lay-offs story got out. But I guess that's preferable to just ignoring the issue altogether and carrying on as usual. I'm sure they'll eventually be back. (Unless they go bankrupt again lul)

Tales episode 1 is really unique because it almost functions as its own story in itself and then episodes 2 through 5 keep building on the o

• Yeah I can agree that in ep 3 having it until the end Snow and Bigby suddenly go "hmm maybe Crane isnt the murder" is a bit silly because I am pretty sure most people could easily assume there was more to it than that from the start of that reveal.

I was joking about how they won't return until they need to talk about Expanse DLC but now I think that is going to be the case lol

Honestly remarks like that almost make me feel not confident at all. Not acknowledging the lay offs until a former employee brings up that they let go a bunch of people after just ending your latest product that definitely did not perform well just to put out a really short statement that says something as vague as market conditions and then running away really does not make me go "Oh yeah, they'll be fine!"

Yeah, I wish the rest of the Wolf episodes were more like the first one. But considering they had to do massive rewrites after the first epi

• Tales episode 1 is really unique because it almost functions as its own story in itself and then episodes 2 through 5 keep building

It's such a fantastic premiere, and I think because they flesh out the two protagonists, their goals, and their companions so well, plus taking their sweet, sweet time to get to the REAL inciting event at the end of the episode.

You got Rhys being introduced, showing him being unable to cope with "the real world" away from corporate comfort, Fiona chasing a big scheme, until both of their paths inevitably intersect. Then, they're forced to work together, go through some serious danger, and after both of their plans go up in flames, then the Gortys/Atlas conspiracy plot gets revealed to tie it up!
    Throw in a lot of fun 'unreliable narrator' scenes and it's a really fun, and especially long, premiere episode.

Man, I've gotta go through that game again some day... I'm just getting myself hyped up talking about it...

Tales episode 1 is really unique because it almost functions as its own story in itself and then episodes 2 through 5 keep building on the o

• Man, I've gotta go through that game again some day... I'm just getting myself hyped up talking about it...

Me with my over 100 hours of Tales and way too much knowledge about unused story beats to the point where I actively keep confusing what is and isn't in the game

"Ah yes, maybe another playthrough..."

If I ever get the time I really want to deep dive back into Tales files again. I am actually really upset that I missed a scene that is generally well preserved from episode 3 with Rhys and Fiona from the Fiona intro but haven't really found much else. Maybe I'll randomly upload it someday. Or somehow make the unused Fiona storyline from the eps 1 and 2 scripts more understandable.

AChicken posted: »

Tales episode 1 is really unique because it almost functions as its own story in itself and then episodes 2 through 5 keep building

• edited October 2023

I tried a Mountain Dew Baja Blast for the first time.

Also I found a Mr. Beast chocolate bar in the grocery store and curiosity got the better of me. It is horrifically sweet and has 24.8 grams of sugar in one bar. It's more sugar than chocolate.

• Fingers crossed my Spider-Man 2 order has been shipped and they just forgot to notify me about it...

We're a day away and I haven't gotten an email yet that the order has started shipping. I'm worried it'll only ship tomorrow (or even after) once it officially releases... :grimace:

• My CE shipped today.

Fingers crossed my Spider-Man 2 order has been shipped and they just forgot to notify me about it... We're a day away and I haven't gotte

• Point out Telltale ran way from twitter after the news broke

literal next day Telltale tweets

• Good analysis Poogers. You're quite right on how self-contained Tales Episode 1 is, and it does a great job of that. You can even pick out the exact moment where the wider story begins - it's when Rhys falls into the Gortys Project bunker. Handsome Jack is introduced, IDK, three minutes later, and we're off on something entirely different. Moreso than the other episodes, they really bought into the unreliable narrator nature of the past story, which is one of its best parts --- honestly, my favorite joke in all of Telltale's game is probably the "Blow his mind" decision in Episode 1, it's bafflingly ridiculous but so freaking funny. I love Episode 1.

Your observations on Wolf Episode 1 are likewise well-said. The pacing points are subtle but important; it was a slow burn, gently guiding you into the pool. I do like that Episode 3 gets more frantic: the stakes are heightened, the very minutes matter. And that ending; hard agree, it is a hell of a mid-storyclimax. Atmospheric. Dramatic. Advances the story. One of the little things I love about it is how Bigby's transformation is interspersed with the lightning flashes - you keep moving forward, get shot, slump a little bit, and then it cuts to a more wolfish Bigby.

Reminiscing on Wolf makes me wish Telltale did something for the 10 year anniversary but it looks like they are never returning to twitter ever again :(

• It's a fair point. I wonder what they envisioned their Season 2 to be like, because if it was equivalent to one show season, they'd only gotten to about the end of Season 5. I wonder if they thought they'd get a third season too or it would have covered a lot more ground.

GoT didn't catch a lot of flak until the final season and Telltale went bankrupt before that, so I don't think it'd change much. It certainly wouldn't have helped though, because I imagine hiring those show actors wasn't exactly cheap.

• I had one of those chocolate bars a few months ago. Like you, I was curious. I was not impressed. Frankly, I don't remember how it tasted just that I didn't care for it much either way. All because it was Mr. Beast's. Kind of embarrassed I fell for the lowest of marketing tools.

lupinb0y posted: »

I tried a Mountain Dew Baja Blast for the first time. Also I found a Mr. Beast chocolate bar in the grocery store and curiosity got t

• Ah huh...

Point out Telltale ran way from twitter after the news broke literal next day Telltale tweets

• Tales ep 1 was also pretty crazy because there was not a lot of faith in the game and then it blew everyone away with how good it was.

Not directly related to Wolf ep 3 but I am happy Wolf 2 is giving that Bigby form a snout. I always thought his face looked kind of goofy and I am glad they changed it.

Also look at all of us actively talking Telltale. I'm proud of us. It is also inspiring me to want to make another silly concept video. One day I'll push through. I actually made another one a while ago but never uploaded it because I hated how it looked. Was focused on dialogue stuff which I really liked but I hated how it looked so much :'(

Good analysis Poogers. You're quite right on how self-contained Tales Episode 1 is, and it does a great job of that. You can even pick out t

• It's really not good. It doesn't taste of anything except for SWEET.

I had one of those chocolate bars a few months ago. Like you, I was curious. I was not impressed. Frankly, I don't remember how it tasted ju

• Another reason why I love the episode is that it has one of my favourite tropes - where the same event is told from different perspectives and you don't get the full picture until you see all of them.
    (Specifically the vault key deal - you don't know why Sasha is acting so weird until you play as Fiona.) I feel like whenever there is a TV show episode with this kind of concept, it's always top tier. Shame Tales didn't really use that again past episode 1.

Tales episode 1 is really unique because it almost functions as its own story in itself and then episodes 2 through 5 keep building

• edited October 2023

Also look at all of us actively talking Telltale. I'm proud of us.

And if you think about it, it was that shitty romance in the Clementine book that prompted you to make the tier list which kicked all the discussion off. At least it was good for something, huh.

Also if you make a new video, I'll definitely watch.

Tales ep 1 was also pretty crazy because there was not a lot of faith in the game and then it blew everyone away with how good it was. No

• Happy Tales from the Borderlands episode 5 day! What a great episode. Good thing nothing else happened this same day regarding Tales from the Borderlands!

• Yeah I wish Tales had more chances to do what you just said. It was really cool seeing what was really happening once we saw Fiona's perspective. I guess they couldn't really do it as much once Rhys and Fiona were on the same team. I don't think they really try it again until episode 5 where the "confusion" happens between the 2 but that will always be the weakest part of Tales. After all the rewriting whatever the original problem Rhys and Fiona would have was obviously long gone and forgotten about.

Rhys and Fiona walking into the "get kidnapped by a mysterious stranger" function in matching outfits (it was a coincidence)

Another reason why I love the episode is that it has one of my favourite tropes - where the same event is told from different perspectives a

• Speaking of Borderlands, I just realized.
    Am I the only one who can't unsee Vaughn looking way too similar to Sindri from God of war:
    Just look at them:

Maybe it's the beards

• Im suprised that you put Fiona in S tier. I support Rhyiona but even to me her time with Rhys was super duper short. If anything it was basically a Legend of Korra situation, where they had Korra and Asami get together without actually showing any real affection at the last moments the show only because of fan feedback. Pretty much the same thing with Rhys and Fiona except that most people didn't even know that you could romance Fiona as Rhys.

So I got bored and after reading that comic it had me thinking about other Telltale romances and I wanted to make my completely 100% objecti

• This is because there is no biased and I am not on copium

Menofthe214 posted: »

Im suprised that you put Fiona in S tier. I support Rhyiona but even to me her time with Rhys was super duper short. If anything it was basi

• Jesus, honestly this feel like the game is gonna be wildly unoptimised on PC. Why on Earth does the game require DLSS to be on in order to run at 60fps? And just medium settings requires an RTX3070?

PAIN

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited October 2023

Good thing nothing else happened this same day regarding Tales from the Borderlands!

Episode 5 was great despite it being made by a skeleton crew. Shoutout to all those homies 8 years later.

Happy Tales from the Borderlands episode 5 day! What a great episode. Good thing nothing else happened this same day regarding Tales from the Borderlands!

• Every choice in Wolf ep 5 be like

Sign in to comment in this discussion.