The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Somehow I missed this excellent short film based on one of my favorite games for five years

• So it took me 2 months logging in to get back here nice wonder how much the next one 💀

• edited October 2023

Might get clowned on for a couple of these lol

Oop forgot one! Honourable mention to Seasons: A Letter to the Future!

AronDracula posted: »

Hey you. Yeah, you, over there. Tell me your favorite games of this generation so far? (Spoiler)

• Tales finale 9 year anniversary is also the 1 year anniversary of new tales

also a year has already passed wtf

• ...Gonna be honest, New Tales feels like it happened 2 or 3 years ago to me, lmao.

Poogers555 posted: »

Tales finale 9 year anniversary is also the 1 year anniversary of new tales also a year has already passed wtf

• Good stuff. Thanks!

Cocoa6372 posted: »

That is SirGiraffehat’s The Walking Urban Thank you for bringing me back to memory lane (Around 3:30)

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited October 2023

Yes.

lupinb0y posted: »

Might get clowned on for a couple of these lol (Spoiler)

• How long did it take before it started getting put on sale big time? Three months?

dojo32161 posted: »

...Gonna be honest, New Tales feels like it happened 2 or 3 years ago to me, lmao.

• They made it a single month before it was going on sale.

How long did it take before it started getting put on sale big time? Three months?

• Hey quick question about this damn forum will they revamp it? Will I ever have hope changing my damn name? Will I ever have the blessing to delete shit I don't want anyone to see anymore?

• 8 year anniversary, no?

Tales finale 9 year anniversary is also the 1 year anniversary of new tales also a year has already passed wtf

• I got the premier and finale years mixed up it seems.

captainivy1 posted: »

8 year anniversary, no?

• edited October 2023

This is honestly heartwarming to finally see Rockstar listening to actual feedback. There is still a lot for them to convince me they actually care.

• edited October 2023

So I had already known that Brandon Keener, the voice of Garrus in Mass Effect, also played Jesus in A New Frontier.

Today, I learned that Ali Hillis, who voiced Ruby in The Final Season, was also a voice in Mass Effect. Fucking Liara T'Soni of all people.

Relistening to the voices, I didn't hear it at first. Then I remembered Liara's completely out of nowhere southern accent in ME3's Citadel DLC, and now I can't unhear it.

• Not sure about that, but uh if you want some of your stuffs deleted all you got to do is flag it and say you want it deleted. Can't do anything about the name except creating a new account though.

Hey quick question about this damn forum will they revamp it? Will I ever have hope changing my damn name? Will I ever have the blessing to delete shit I don't want anyone to see anymore?

• Today, I learned that Ali Hillis, who voiced Ruby in The Final Season, was also a voice in Mass Effect. Fucking Liara T'Soni of all people.

W H A T

So I had already known that Brandon Keener, the voice of Garrus in Mass Effect, also played Jesus in A New Frontier. Today, I learned tha

• It’s true, look it up.

Now if only there was a character voiced by Ash Sroka, we would have had the ME holy trinity of Garrus, Liara, and Tali.

Full disclosure, if there was a character voiced by her, I would have absolutely shipped her and Clementine together. In this house, regardless of universe or game series, I romance Tali.

Today, I learned that Ali Hillis, who voiced Ruby in The Final Season, was also a voice in Mass Effect. Fucking Liara T'Soni of all people. W H A T

• Wolf 2 lore be like:

Season 1 ends

Season 1 becomes a comic

Original leads leave studio

Season 2 announced 3 years later

lay offs

Delayed

Studio shut down

Canceled

studio revival

reannounced

original leads return

different game is announced

delayed

other game releases

ip becomes public domain

lay offs again

• me on the wolf 10 year anniversary when I see that new post from telltale just to see it says the studio is shutting down again

• Why do I feel like season 2 will suck

Wolf 2 lore be like: Season 1 ends Season 1 becomes a comic Original leads leave studio Season 2 announced 3 years later lay

• I really don't think Wolf 2 will be bad but after hearing that they laid off a lot of people it does have me worried about it even releasing. I am assuming Expanse probably wasn't a money maker and now probably the worst selling Telltale Series. Now with knowing they have a 3rd game in development and bought some other smaller studio (then to just lay off people) is pretty crappy and does sort of feel like classic Telltale spreading too thin.

Why do I feel like season 2 will suck

• Shout-out to Debra Wilson as Amanda Waller.
    I think Telltale kinda kick-started her reign as Waller in Batman media after its release, since she's appeared in numerous projects since then as the character. Even the latest Adventures With Superman on Adult Swim!

Anyway, gotta love her perfect delivery on the Episode 1 line. "Thunderbolt?! I'm the whole goddamn hurricane!!"

• I don't get it why don't they just stop making these mistakes and focus on one game at a time, old telltale felloff because of this too!

I really don't think Wolf 2 will be bad but after hearing that they laid off a lot of people it does have me worried about it even releasing

• Beats me. This doesn't do anything but make me feel less excited about The Wolf Among Us Season 2. It's like they aren't even doing research on the target audience.

I don't get it why don't they just stop making these mistakes and focus on one game at a time, old telltale felloff because of this too!

• edited October 2023

Yeah no idea. If it turns they put a lot of money into Expanse I honestly would say that is Telltale's biggest blunder of all time because they would have basically done the exact same mistake knowing what happened last time.

End of the day here none of us can really know what is happening but from an outsider perspective stuff like this is flustering and it feels baffling. Wolf 2 was a literal golden ticket. Even if they spent very little money on Expanse I really don't see a world where you think Expanse releasing first will help Wolf and the studio than Wolf releasing first will help Expanse and the studio. Plus all this buying up other studios and having other games in the works then letting go your own staff... From a personal perspective I do not understand it all. The fact the Wolf 2 trailers a sequel to a niche 10 year old game have millions of views and people still excited for it should be a pipe dream for any game studio that is rising from ashes but they actually have it. Why they didn't just make it their number 1 priority? No idea.

Again, we have no idea what is happening from a management situation at Telltale and we can voice our personally grievous no matter how positive or negative, we as fans don't know what is going on. But it feels bad and honestly confusing. Like I know I keep saying we don't know, but just damn I do not understand why they don't just put everything they have into the game they know will do well before all this other stuff.

I don't get it why don't they just stop making these mistakes and focus on one game at a time, old telltale felloff because of this too!

• Poogs you can't just sneak in a "layoffs again" news update in a meme like that, I'm gonna have a heart attack

wait.. fuck, fuck, fuuuuuck...
    https://www.ign.com/articles/telltale-games-has-allegedly-laid-off-most-of-its-workers

Wolf 2 lore be like: Season 1 ends Season 1 becomes a comic Original leads leave studio Season 2 announced 3 years later lay

• Looks like Wolf 10 year anniversary extravaganza is off the menu!

• Dont forget they laid off their people on September just like last time this company and Wolf 2 is truly cursed.

Name a game that had such a troubling development and was stuck in development hell for so long cause i don't know many of them.

I just want to see my man Bigby again damn Telltale try to stay alive until then at least.

• Name a game that had such a troubling development and was stuck in development hell for so long cause i don't know many of them.

Duke Nukem Forever was in development hell for 14 years.

iFoRias posted: »

Dont forget they laid off their people on September just like last time this company and Wolf 2 is truly cursed. Name a game that had suc

• inb4 telltale dies again

• F17 will save us all.

Praise to F17, the fabled number of all releases!

• edited October 2023

F17 everything will work out for Telltale!

F17:

Careful what we wish for :(

AChicken posted: »

F17 will save us all. Praise to F17, the fabled number of all releases!

• Haha w-wait-

PUT DOWN THE CRYSTAL BALL, POOGS, YOU'RE PLAYING WITH DARK MAGIC!!

F17 everything will work out for Telltale! F17: Careful what we wish for

• edited October 2023

Yeah,here's hoping Wolf 2 comes out and doesn't take that long.

What can i say i like being positive (i barely have any faith in this new telltale at this point haha :# ) surely the company wouldn't happen to die yet again before making it.

But don't worry i have predicted that everything will be fine and we're all going to see Bigby again.

Name a game that had such a troubling development and was stuck in development hell for so long cause i don't know many of them. Duke Nukem Forever was in development hell for 14 years.

• Jokes on you. Because Beyond Good and Evil 2 just beat the record of being the most delayed game of all time.

Name a game that had such a troubling development and was stuck in development hell for so long cause i don't know many of them. Duke Nukem Forever was in development hell for 14 years.

• edited October 2023

Conversation about The Expanse before: None

How everyone been talking about The Expanse since the news broke

• If they don't show up at the game awards then I will be truly worried. I do think New Telltale's future in general after Wolf 2 may not be great though.

Even if they don't show up at the game awards I still think the game will release but I think it would signal things aren't exactly going that smoothly. Deck Nine let people go just before Expanse came out and lay offs do seem to happen a lot towards the end of a games development but seeing how that person's wording about the status of Wolf 2, it sounds almost like he brought it up in passing because they let people go and its not finished yet. Plus Expanse had a set release date at that time and was releasing in a month which is not happening with Wolf.

iFoRias posted: »

Yeah,here's hoping Wolf 2 comes out and doesn't take that long. What can i say i like being positive (i barely have any faith in this new

• So just saw that domthebomb actually found an interview with Telltale's ceo from a few weeks ago and he says that Wolf 2 will be shown early next year. Not sure if this was before or after lay offs, but if everything is still going to plan I think that would probably make game awards more likely again. (Although that isnt early next year, I really dont see them wanting to miss the game awards, it is the end of this year plus I don't think he'd want to say "Before the end of the year" this late into the year because at that point it is incredibly obvious when it would be shown. Would be cool to see another event again which I think they will probably end up doing regardless if it appears or doesnt at game awards)

• The universe must be granting some sort of cruel monkey's paw wish because goddamnit after 13 years we're finally getting an Alan Wake sequel.

Yet at the same time, Telltale recently had layoffs, putting the future of 10-year-awaited Wolf 2 in danger.

Also Naughty Dog recently had layoffs and the TLOU Online game is now uncertain. It's "essentially on ice" so says an employee now.
    The original multiplayer game came out 10 years ago too.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.