The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

1465146524653465446554657»

Comments

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited June 30

Well I guess one silver lining is that this finally confirms that TFTBL's brilliance was largely down to Telltale's own writers and designers, and that Anthony Burch wasn't some secret brilliant ghost writer behind it like some people seemed to have thought

edit: hey look at that, I suddenly show back up and manage to be page king too

oh yeah

Poogers555 posted: »

Tried my best to describe the important parts! (Spoiler) Weird errors (Spoiler) Plot and other stuff I didn't really like (Spoiler) I have the same feeling I had after New Tales ended. I just feel kind of sad.

• edited June 30

I think he mainly gets so much credit because he is known as the original Borderlands story guy. It kind of sucks that the other writers and creatives at Telltale still get almost no credit for Tales. And it is not at all because he acts like he was sole reason why Tales was good, not even close as he has said many times. But most people just don't know this, so I think most people will still think having him work on Borderlands means to expect something amazing even though as far back as presequel his writing quality dipped a lot.

The book does credit Telltale for originally creating the Tales characters. However, it also thanks by name the current Gearbox creative members for reviewing/approving so I wonder if anything will be mentioned in BL4 or if this entire storyline gets dropped like every other storyline.

I just wish they'd leave the Tales characters alone. There are already far too many characters anyway. But I don't know why these writers seems so hellbent on the Tales characters, they easily have the most noticeable downgrades. Sadly I don't think they'll ever, ever even remotely take any of the writing criticism seriously. Now all 4 of the main cast have had their characters screwed up in someway.

I'd still like to know what others thought of it even though I think it is more of what was to be expected. I don't think many people are actually reading it. And welcome back!

Deltino posted: »

Well I guess one silver lining is that this finally confirms that TFTBL's brilliance was largely down to Telltale's own writers and designer

Sign in to comment in this discussion.