The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

1464946504651465246534655»

Comments

• For some reason the tweets aren't popping up like yours

Change the "x" to "twitter".

lupinb0y posted: »

K-Pop: Demon Hunters and Twilight of the Gods also peaked my interest from their showcase! https://twitter.com/catsuka/status/17988281414

• Thanks!

WarpSpeed posted: »

For some reason the tweets aren't popping up like yours Change the "x" to "twitter".

• edited June 7

The reveal trailer for LEGO Horizon Adventures is out and it looks really fun! Kinda weird hearing Aloy sounding so upbeat and bubbly lol. Also nice to see that it'll release simultaneously on PS5, PC and Switch lmao.

Trailer for the Night Springs DLC and it's releasing tomorrow! We'll be playing as Rose, Tim, and JESSE WOOOOOOOOOO! Seems like these episodes will be non-canon or what ifs considering Mr. Door calls them "parallel realities."

• Sam Lake is just everything, man.

He saved the entire event from being complete dogshit. Don't forget about the physical edition so people can finally shut the fuck up. I might consider buying it, even though I already own it.

Man, I cannot wait to play as Rose. She is my favorite side character of that game. I wonder if Jesse is gonna user her telekinetic powers. That would be dope.

The reveal trailer for LEGO Horizon Adventures is out and it looks really fun! Kinda weird hearing Aloy sounding so upbeat and bubbly lol. A

• We horror fans are eating sooo good.

• Telltale when you tell them they don't actually need to work on 3 games before they even release 1 game

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

...Huh, when did they add an "Exclusives" tab to the account section? Seems to contain concept art wallpapers for The Expanse, most of which didn't make it into the game. Kind of cool.

• edited June 8

Gotta be reasonably new on account of how often you have to login to this fuckin website and subsequently see that page. Never saw it before now. Even got a delay until the exclusives tab is visible.

dojo32161 posted: »

...Huh, when did they add an "Exclusives" tab to the account section? Seems to contain concept art wallpapers for The Expanse, most of which didn't make it into the game. Kind of cool.

• You have a good eye. Also, apparently you don't have to have bought the game to get its exclusives at the moment.

• New Life is Strange with Max returning.

I remember seeing rumors about Max returning. I think the idea of her returning is fun but it is Deck Nine, and sadly I feel like they've gone 3 for 3 on making some really poorly written games. I don't see this game breaking that mold. Knowing the type of quality Deck Nine gives I feel like the only thing they have going for this game is "Remember Max???"

• And guess what? I wouldn't be surprised if the ONLY choice that affects this game is the final decision of the first game.

I feel like the make-your-own-choice based adventure genre overstayed its welcome in my opinion.

Poogers555 posted: »

New Life is Strange with Max returning. I remember seeing rumors about Max returning. I think the idea of her returning is fun but it is

• edited June 9

Spoilers for lis I guess, but it looks like this game is the Chloe dies ending being canon. However, she is probably going to get a cameo or something and it wouldn't shock me if they say the Chloe lives ending is canon as well because of the alternate universe thing. Kind of my biggest issues with the game already is I feel like bringing back Max should be more connected to the first game and Chloe was a big part of that. Obviously that would be hard to do, but why not have her be a teacher at Blackwell instead of this different school. Right now it feels like its just another game but Max is here. Even her powers are pretty drastically changed. It comes off like far more of a marketing gimmick than a more inspired sequel to the original.

AronDracula posted: »

And guess what? I wouldn't be surprised if the ONLY choice that affects this game is the final decision of the first game. I feel like the make-your-own-choice based adventure genre overstayed its welcome in my opinion.

• Another reminder to our Metallica/Rock fans of the forum:
    Fortnite just added Master Of Puppets as a festival track, teased Season 4 with a shade of yellow extremely similar to M's 72 Seasons album, and well, leaks!

• I have a sliver of hope that this is just a weird cinematic and the game will actually look different, because this cartoony marvel-esque style ain't it, chief.

• Ironic how this looks more cartoony than the new Fable, which has gone from cartoony looking in the older games to realistic.

Pipas posted: »

I have a sliver of hope that this is just a weird cinematic and the game will actually look different, because this cartoony marvel-esque style ain't it, chief.

• edited June 9

Here is another issue. Max looks way too different. I didn't even recognize her at first.

I know she is supposed to be old, like in her late 20's or early 30's but something about her is just missing, thus making me not use the Leonardo Dicaprio pointing. Could be either her hair or her eyes. Or both.

Spoilers for lis I guess, but it looks like this game is the Chloe dies ending being canon. However, she is probably going to get a cameo or

• Games that caught my interest from the Xbox showcase. Spoiler tagged the trailers to save space.

Perfect Dark
    I have zero attachment to Perfect Dark, I have no idea what the original game was like or about but this being an immersive stealth sim with parkour movement immediately puts it up there for most anticipated games for me lmao. It really looks like the love child of Deus Ex and Mirrors Edge.

Indiana Jones and the Great Circle
    Seems like they really captured the feel of the original movies, down to the slapstick like humour, and I think Troy Baker does a good impression of Harrison Ford.

Life is Strange: Double Exposure
    I actually really liked True Colors lol, probably my favourite game in the series, so I'm cautiously optimistic about this. However, bringing back Max and doing another murder mystery with her kind of undermines part of the convoluted message of the first game where sometimes you can't change things without dire consequences.

South of Midnight
    Absolutely love the look of the game and the soundtrack, combat admittedly does leave a lot to be desired. Don't know why they picked a single enemy that barely attacks to showcase the combat. Also I honestly feel that the camera is way too far from the protag.

Mixtape
    Another game with the low framerate effect, but it looks like it'll be a really chill game that will be focused on vibes above everything else, which I kinda dig.

• I have zero attachment to Perfect Dark, I have no idea what the original game was like

It's a spiritual successor to Goldeneye 64. The new one doesn't seem to have that feel but granted, I never played any Perfect Dark games so I can't judge without specific knowledge.

Games that caught my interest from the Xbox showcase. Spoiler tagged the trailers to save space. Perfect Dark I have zero attachment to

• edited June 9

Yeah I was thinking the same thing with the retreading. Max has to learn the same lesson twice! They are apparently showing more pretty soon so I will try not to be too judgmental yet, but I do get a New Tales vibe.

Spiritual successor to an almost 10 year old game that is loved by its fans and is now made by a different company who are known to be not as good as the other guys. I really feel like this game won't capture what made that game special already because it wants to use Max but also doesn't seem like it wants to be a sequel to the first game either. It may end up being like New Tales where it turns out as that ugly part 2 you don't talk about. Although I highly doubt that even if this game turns out to be hated it will not feel as bastardized as New Tales was, even with the lead being the previous protagonist.

Games that caught my interest from the Xbox showcase. Spoiler tagged the trailers to save space. Perfect Dark I have zero attachment to

• Seems like that's the case. They released some in-game screenshots and the look and feel is completely different.

Pipas posted: »

I have a sliver of hope that this is just a weird cinematic and the game will actually look different, because this cartoony marvel-esque style ain't it, chief.

• I think it'd be a mistake to eeturn to Blackwell/old arcadia locations and retread that ground a THIRD time. We've done that for 9 episodes already, it's exhausted. I'm glad we're getting new locations with mostly a new cast. Seems more realistic for how the story ends.

That being said, I don't exactly trust decknine after the Expanse. Though I did really like True Colours.

Spoilers for lis I guess, but it looks like this game is the Chloe dies ending being canon. However, she is probably going to get a cameo or

• That is a fair point. I don't think it would be necessary, I mainly mean I feel like this game could have just been a new protagonist and I don't think much would change because outside Max returning I feel like not a lot from the first game will be that important. I'd just prefer a sequel that would feel more direct because I really just get the vibe that Max is returning purely for marketing reasons and less so someone pitched an inspired story to follow up on her character all this time later. I hope to be wrong though!

captainivy1 posted: »

I think it'd be a mistake to eeturn to Blackwell/old arcadia locations and retread that ground a THIRD time. We've done that for 9 episodes

• Sir, Telltale has posted the monthly game is on sale and will ignore all replies once again for the 7th month!

• Oh hey, Ben Whitehead who voiced Wallace in the Telltale Wallace and Gromit game will be voicing the character in the new movie. That's pretty cool!

Very excited to see the conclusion to Arcane!

• YO!

Wait it's just gonna be two seasons and that's it?

Very excited to see the conclusion to Arcane!

• BREAKING NEWS: Scott Porter voices Star-Lord in the hero shooter Marvel Rivals!

Mwahahahaha, I win!
    Telltale's GOTG lives on, let's goooo!! 😆

It's the end of Vi and Jinx's story, that doesn't mean it's the end for the world.

AChicken posted: »

YO! Wait it's just gonna be two seasons and that's it?

• edited June 12

Okay, well still, I'm gonna miss them...

Really hope Fortiche can still work on another LoL series if there's any plans for more. Their animation is just so cool and the world itself is very interesting to discover.

EDIT: NEVERMIND LET THEM COOK WOOHOOOOO

It's the end of Vi and Jinx's story, that doesn't mean it's the end for the world.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator

He's gotten even better at doing Wallace over the years since then too. His voice was a tad deep in Telltale's game, although he's always had the accent and eccentricity of the character down pat.

In the BBC Proms and Diamond Jubilee promo, he was pretty much spot on. It'll be great to see him finally perform as the character in a full-length short film.

Oh hey, Ben Whitehead who voiced Wallace in the Telltale Wallace and Gromit game will be voicing the character in the new movie. That's pretty cool!

• So after watching the lis deep dive I still can't help but feel that the game was not originally made with Max in mind and it was something done as a selling point instead. Looks like it will be pretty similar to TC which I can't say I am thrilled about.

Big thing right now is how the endings from the first game will be a part of this new game and if Chloe will appear at all. I do think Chloe will appear but probably as a short cameo. They kind of dodge going into it and it feels like they are doing so because they know it doesn't actually matter that much, thus the "sequel but you don't need to play the first game because this is its own thing" talking points.

I also really don't think the game needs romance. Not every one of these games needs it and Deck Nine's romance has been very bland. Further more I don't see how fans will be into it either. I personally like the Max and Chloe romance but some people really like it and I think the last thing they want is a romance that isn't Chloe in any form. For people who don't have Chloe alive, sure I guess, even though I don't think Deck Nine can actually tell a compelling romance.

I think a big issue is I feel like lis1 ended in a way that makes a sequel really hard to do and probably easier to have as an ending where what happens next is whatever you think does. I really feel like you'd need to be much more direct with a sequel and have a very good idea. Not a fan of the "sort of a sequel" approach because it will just make it feel like milking the original and stops letting players think of what happened after the first game themselves. Plus, a meh half sequel just comes off as wasted opportunity because it is a bit awkward to "try again" with a more direct sequel afterwards.

I'll still check the game out but I think I know what it will pretty much be like already.

According to the pinned comment the release date and final trailer for Devil's Playhouse remastered should be soon.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator

I finally completed Red Dead Redemption II. I was not prepared for my emotions to be shook up so much. I lost track of the amount of times I cried during this game.

I'm going to be playing through the first Red Dead Redemption next, and this time I'm prepared. I'm sure I'll still be crying buckets though.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.