The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

1465046514652465346544656»

Comments

• Fiona book next, very excited!

• Fear not, it was pretty good!

Poogers555 posted: »

Fiona book next, very excited!

• I advise you to put a spoiler bar of these statements. Some individuals here didn't play the game all the way through

Jennifer posted: »

There's so many: (Spoiler)

• JenniferJennifer Moderator

Thanks. I don't know why I didn't think of it when I posted, but I did so now.

AronDracula posted: »

I advise you to put a spoiler bar of these statements. Some individuals here didn't play the game all the way through

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I've been eating so well, it's so good for Investigations 2 to finally have an official translation.

lupinb0y posted: »

YYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ACE ATTORNEY FANS ARE EATING GOOD I think all that's left is the Professor Layton crossover,

Ekelund21 posted: »

Fear not, it was pretty good!

• Now if only they'd announced a new game.

dojo32161 posted: »

I've been eating so well, it's so good for Investigations 2 to finally have an official translation.

• Classics. My favorites are the high-honor conversation with Sister Calderon, final train job, the battle at the refinery, the attack on the Braithwaite manor, the conversation between Sadie and Arthur if you help her kill off the O'Driscolls, Dutch's many crazy moments, and, of course Lenny and Arthur's drunken bender. Man, I love the character of Arthur. I related to him in a way I never had before with a video game character: reading his journals early on made me realize that this character was special.

Man, it has great music, a great original score and soundtrack, and a fantastic game world. Just thinking about it wants me to go back and play it....

There's so many: (Spoiler)

edited June 20

I loved all of those moments too.

I can't believe I didn't mention Dutch's descent into madness. That was enjoyable, and surprisingly believable.

Oh, and I loved crashing into things head first on horses. Especially when I picked up a German stranger, crashed into a tree and the mission ended because the "Stranger was attacked". Attacked by a tree.

I'm in Mexico in Red Dead Redemption now. It's weird playing this after playing the prequel. The writing is still good, although it leans into stereotypes a lot more. That and the game interface makes this one feel more like Grand Theft Horse.

(Spoiler)

• It's weird playing this after playing the prequel.

That's one of the reasons I actually didn't play RDR1 and ended up watching a playthrough. I felt that the story was kinda lacking in the storytelling (like alot of things that characters do aren't explained well enough like in RDR2) and gameplay, especially with John's horse. I'm glad RDR2 improves pretty much everything RDR1 had and added more.

I loved all of those moments too. (Spoiler) Oh, and I loved crashing into things head first on horses. Especially when I picked up a

• edited June 21

Oh, and I loved crashing into things head first on horses.

Have I got a video for you. My brother was going through the prologue for RDR2, decided to check his phone during it, and what happened made me burst out laughing and crying, we would watch it over and over again and laugh at the stupidity of it, it still cracks me up after all these years.

I loved all of those moments too. (Spoiler) Oh, and I loved crashing into things head first on horses. Especially when I picked up a

• Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to joining the discussions and getting to know everyone better.

LOL. Great comedic timing there.

I'm a little further in Red Dead Redemption. I just accomplished the first of John's main goals. I'm starting to get interested in the story now. It's a slow burn, and the stereotypes are off-putting, especially after how Red Dead Redemption II treated the native American storyline with such finesse. But, I do like how the reason John is brought back into the outlaw life is revealed little by little as the story progresses. It's finally making me want to play the game instead of feeling like I'm trudging through it.

The stable system in RDR2 is definitely better than the horse deed system in 1. I guess I lucked out as I never had an issue with it because I went to the store and bought a deed as soon as I could so I never was without a horse.

Oh, and I loved crashing into things head first on horses. Have I got a video for you. My brother was going through the prologue for

• I've got both, bought RDR2 first, but I honestly struggled to get into it because the prologue is a slow burn, and as much as I enjoy open world's, I think its open world is too big, I find it a trudge to travel through, now these are my thoughts from years ago, I haven't touched it since as I have been replaying some old games and wanting to chip away at my backlog, but I will get to RDR2 at some stage and do my best to plow on through if I still feel it is a drag. Haven't touched the first game yet, may do that after I eventually get to and beat the second game, I've got a fair few indie titles on my backlog I want to beat first, I'm also replaying the Gears of War Series which has occupied a lot of my free time when I'm not working.

LOL. Great comedic timing there. I'm a little further in Red Dead Redemption. I just accomplished the first of John's main goals. I'm sta

• edited June 24

It's a game that's part of a genre I don't have the most love for because of the reputation for being difficult, but I caved and bought Elden Ring, including the new DLC Shadow of The Erdtree.

I don't have a lot of love for the genre as it's notoriously difficult, I have dyspraxia which affects my gross and fine motor skills, basically my coordination, it affects my ability to play games too as I struggle to keep up with games like that, get frustrated and drop it. Did the same with Cuphead, that game fried my brain. It does sadden me a bit as if I'm playing online games, I know I am the weakest link on the team, I have always wanted to be good at Halo multiplayer but I can't keep up with it. That's why I wish that more games had more accessibility settings, I remember being part of a conversation on here years ago about it and how adding a toggle for difficulty "meddles with the creative vision of the Devs", but like, there are plenty of vocal people that complain about the creative vision of Devs when they have a diverse cast and all, it's just I feel games should be open to everyone to play, that one, two or several shouldn't feel that they can't play a game because it doesn't offer options to cater to their disabilities.

Back to Elden Ring, any advice that I should take heed of before I venture in? I am looking forward to it, but I know the genre, I know it will frustrate me beyond what words can convey, but any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

• Back to Elden Ring, any advice that I should take heed of before I venture in? I am looking forward to it, but I know the genre, I know it will frustrate me beyond what words can convey, but any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes. Instead of rushing through some particular bosses, you should explore the world around you. The more you explore your surroundings, the more your character gets upgraded. The most important items to get are Golden Seeds and Sacred Tears. These would upgrade your health items.

If you don't wanna get stuck on a boss, don't feel bad for using summons. You have to meet a certain character to give you a bell for those. The game has a variety of summons, like wolves, soldiers, ogres etc.

If you are having trouble with some particular bosses, you can just get past them and fight them later.

It's a game that's part of a genre I don't have the most love for because of the reputation for being difficult, but I caved and bought Elde

edited June 24

The map you can purchase for Arthur's tent in RDR2 gives you fast travel which helps a lot.

In RDR1, you can fast travel anywhere by going straight to a waypoint via campsite. It's the only thing I think RDR1 does better than RDR2.

I finished RDR1 a few minutes ago. I did cry buckets during my playthrough, and I was definitely not prepared.

I didn't have any issue finding out what to do next until the epilogue. If I hadn't googled it I doubt I would have figured it out. That's a shame because it was pretty straightforward otherwise.

It's an even sadder ending, and I didn't think that was possible. Jack's revenge in the epilogue is a lot less satisfying than John's too, which leaves the whole thing feeling a lot more melancholy.

I've got both, bought RDR2 first, but I honestly struggled to get into it because the prologue is a slow burn, and as much as I enjoy open w

• Capcom just cooked something special in less than 6 hours.

• I appreciate the advice, I am looking forward to jumping in when I'm ready to. For now, gotta wrap up Gears of War :joy:

Back to Elden Ring, any advice that I should take heed of before I venture in? I am looking forward to it, but I know the genre, I know it w

• See I didn't get that far into RDR2, I think I did one or two missions after the prologue and just never went back to it. At the time I had the Xbox One X, and with how big games are these days, even with a 1TB hard drive, it fills up surprisingly quick, so I had to cut RDR2, my download times in my old home were atrocious also, especially at that time, but I've got 5TB external storage so I have the game installed on that. It's on my list of games to play for sure. It's good to know there is fast travel, because as much as I like open world's, I found traversing the very expansive open world via horseback to be a bit boring all those years ago.

The map you can purchase for Arthur's tent in RDR2 gives you fast travel which helps a lot. In RDR1, you can fast travel anywhere by goin

• That looks more like a straight up remake than a remaster. It's even using the new RE engine,

Capcom just cooked something special in less than 6 hours.

• edited 6:39PM

The fiona book has missing spaces between words. This happens multiple times. Dude.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.