Game of Thrones Season 2 Announced (Future news will be found at the new Pre-Season news thread)

Comments

• Are you talking about updating the graphics because of glitches? I agree, lagging and glitches are annoying. I didn't like the change (however minor it seems to most?) in artistic style in the second season of Batman; which I think is closer to three dimensional. I liked season one Batman better. I want the art to stay the same for GOT if we get a season two.

Tunak23 posted: »

No we deserve a game with good writing and decent character development if they can't give us that,Telltale should have not chosen the asoia

• edited September 2017

Yeah I was speaking about that,Do you remember the famous slow-down in episode 6 on Rodrik's story when a Whitehill soldier comes and say:"I bring a message from the Lady Gwyn",man that scene was so glitchy but the worst of it all is that Telltale didn't fix it yet!

Even if you play the scene on a console(Ps4/Xbox one) it still doesn't work as it should which makes it quite ridiculous :(

ShampaFK posted: »

Are you talking about updating the graphics because of glitches? I agree, lagging and glitches are annoying. I didn't like the change (howev

• ...Did you consider A New Frontier as a "newcomer friendly" approach to the Walking Dead?

Considering the vast multitude of directly unresolved cliffhangers from Season 1 Episode 6, I think it's safe to say that Game of Thrones Season 2 would probably be an exception to the "newcomer friendly" mindset.

• So ANY news around guys?Twitter or something?

• Let's see what we get first. The second season of the game or the final season of the show.

• Don't care about the show by this point,so please let it be Season two :(

Let's see what we get first. The second season of the game or the final season of the show.

• edited September 2017

Idem, I really hope for the game, but expect the show... Two more years it's toooo long, give us Season 2 please...!

Don't care about the show by this point,so please let it be Season two

• I NEED season 2. Its a legit fear of mine that s2 will be cancelled. I would never forgive Telltale for roping me into a series, giving an agonizing cliffhanger, and then cancelling after years of silence.

• edited September 2017

Telltale (recently) re-affirmed their commitment to a second season, most likely after the tv show wraps up....so why the continued doubt? What am I missing here?

And even if they had not done this, the fact that A Wolf Among Us is getting a second season after years of silence should be a hopeful sign for the future of GoT as well!

I NEED season 2. Its a legit fear of mine that s2 will be cancelled. I would never forgive Telltale for roping me into a series, giving an agonizing cliffhanger, and then cancelling after years of silence.

• Continued doubt is from the continued silence. Also the reconfirmation didnt seem very sincere. Hopefully im just paranoid.

Pahn711 posted: »

Telltale (recently) re-affirmed their commitment to a second season, most likely after the tv show wraps up....so why the continued doubt? W

• edited September 2017

Myself and several others on this forum discussed and rightly predicted (before Job made those comments) that they were waiting for the tv show to wrap up first. It's a totally logical thing for them to do if they only plan on creating one more season.....quality over quantity is the way to go....remember that horrendous third season of the Walking Dead?

Continued doubt is from the continued silence. Also the reconfirmation didnt seem very sincere. Hopefully im just paranoid.

• And the next season of GoT isnt coming for like 2 or 3 years, correct? So we wait another 2-3 years and then they'll start working on it? Forgive me for being skeptical that Telltale or the majority of players will still remember or care about s2 5 or more years after s1 premiered.

Myself and several others on this forum discussed and rightly predicted (before Job made those comments) that they were waiting for the tv s

• edited September 2017

Yeah I think the final season of the tv show airs in early 2019....so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw S2 of the game later that year....although I guess if they have to wait to see how the tv show ends before they can go into production, damn....that would take even longer...

The second season of A Wolf Among Us isn't coming out til late 2018....that's a solid 4 years after the first season! Why do people still care about that game?

And the next season of GoT isnt coming for like 2 or 3 years, correct? So we wait another 2-3 years and then they'll start working on it? Fo

• Well The Wolf Among Us is a awesome game and cliff hanger they left at the end of the game is one reason to return to that story. Also the voice acting by Adam Harrington is really top notch he definitely matches the voice I expect Bigby to have in the comics. Also the setting is unique Fabletown is a great place to explore.

Yeah I think the final season of the tv show airs in early 2019....so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw S2 of the game later that year....al

• It was cool to read thanks for posting ;)!

Here's an old article I found that may interest some of you, sort of: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/7bdb8d/hbos-game-of-thrones-needs-to-stop-reading-for-inspiration-and-start-playing-056

• Sorry, it was supposed to be one of those rhetorical questions....

My point was, if fans of AWAU can wait 4 years for a second season, I think its realistic that GoT fans can do that and more if needed.

Well The Wolf Among Us is a awesome game and cliff hanger they left at the end of the game is one reason to return to that story. Also the v

• I hate asking but any news?
    Telltale on twitter or random news from the voice actors?

• Nope.

I hate asking but any news? Telltale on twitter or random news from the voice actors?

• It's so lonely here.

• Maybe this will help a little.

BigGazMan posted: »

It's so lonely here.

• edited October 2017

I have become as stoic as the weirwood trees.

• Is the misspelling of weirwood intentional?

I have become as stoic as the weirwood trees.

• No, that was a typo. Thank you for pointing out my shameful mistake.

ShampaFK posted: »

Is the misspelling of weirwood intentional?

• Awww. I was hoping it was intentional. That was cute and funny.

No, that was a typo. Thank you for pointing out my shameful mistake.

• Lol! I thought it was some inside Game of Thrones joke that just went over my head!

No, that was a typo. Thank you for pointing out my shameful mistake.

• Good stuff to have,I've already downloaded it!
    May the Whitehills prepare for what is Coming!!!

Maybe this will help a little.

• So what are the odds that s2 never happens?

• Let's hope that 3 to 1?
    Waiting it's just a pile of horseshit ?

So what are the odds that s2 never happens?

• I refuse to believe that TellTale would just sideline Game of Thrones it makes no sense for them to do that. First of all they signed a multiyear contract with HBO breaking that would make them look bad in front of other future partners of TellTale. They are not able to release another season because HBO told them only after the release of the final season of the show can they release Season 2 which is probably because TellTale's story will probably continue to season 7 during season 2 and then the great war in Season 3. This is my opinion and I can be wrong.

Let's hope that 3 to 1? Waiting it's just a pile of horseshit ?

• Seriously guys the waiting is worrying but I am too inclined to believe that the development is advancing...And the little changues on the forum and the little image of Ironrath on the top are a good sign,aren't they?

Anyway I'll post here this little tour around Ironrath,3d modelled to remember the game on our nostalgic heads.

()

Thanks to Jordan Green!

• They even laid off Job Stauffer. Sad...

NEWS:(https://winteriscoming.net/2017/11/10/telltale-game-of-thrones-videogames-layoffs/) As we knew the situation is DIM...

• Happy second birthday to Episode 6... in 3 days time it'll have been 2 years since the Season 2 announcement : (

• edited November 2017

My biggest fear (aside from season 2 being cancelled, obviously) is that TOO much time will pass between S1 and S2, to the point where Telltale will avoid making it a "direct sequel," as they seem to be doing with TWAU2, out of the concern of alienating new players. That's one of the worst mistakes they could make. I want a direct continuation of the saga of House Forrester. The cliffhanger they left us dangling from is just too huge for them to ignore.

• They can do it since I heard that they are making technology their main concern and what better way to show off their technological advances than to allow Game of Thrones Season 2 to start and keep our Lord of Ironrath alive and keeping him alive to the end of Season 2. Also I think it will be a direct sequel because their are to many questions left. What is the North Grove? Will the Whitehills come back when they know the Lord of Ironrath survived? They can't just say yea were going to scrap all this because it's to hard to make into a game. Otherwise we will have a mess like Mass Effect: Andreomeda it threw out all of their story elements to keep away from the final choice of Mass Effect 3.

My biggest fear (aside from season 2 being cancelled, obviously) is that TOO much time will pass between S1 and S2, to the point where Tellt

• Anyone noticed that in Batman 2 it looks as if they scrapped Thrones 2 midway through and just repurposed the models for Batman?

Particularly this guy, who seems like the spitting image of Ludd/Andros:

• Oh, hey, check out what's missing! GOT gets the shaft as per usual.

• Some of their oldest games are on there... but not the game that they're supposed to be working on a second season for right now.

JakeSt123 posted: »

Oh, hey, check out what's missing! GOT gets the shaft as per usual.

• SPOILERS FOR GAME OF THRONES THE TELLTALE SERIES!!!!
    That might be because their is no actual character that is the face of the Game of Thrones franchise because there are five playable characters. The Walking Dead has Clementine, Tales from the Borderlands has Athena since she is also a playable character for Borderlands the Pre-Sequel, The Wolf Among Us has Bigby, and so on. I think Telltale did not want to spoil the ending for their Game of Thrones Game by having Asher or Rodrik as the main character because their status is determinant.

Lewsblake23 posted: »

Some of their oldest games are on there... but not the game that they're supposed to be working on a second season for right now.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.