Game of Thrones Season 2 Announced (Future news will be found at the new Pre-Season news thread)

Comments

• edited August 2017

What a load of waffle. Apparently droning on about information we already knew pre-Season 1 is an answer to a question about Season 2?

Looks like we're waiting till 2019 at LEAST... for fuck's sake...

Just watched a video from GamesCom in Cologne featuring Job. Seems Season 2 isn't going to be released until after the end of the TV-Show.

• edited August 2017

At the least their words didn't seem careless,they want to be part of the CANON and I appreciate that.
    On the time they are working they could see my theories and put them to action... ;)

• edited August 2017

Dude, this will enable Telltale to give the Forresters an EPIC conclusion that coincides with the tv show! It will be worth the wait!!!

How about being happy that season 2 has been confirmed in a much more direct way?

JakeSt123 posted: »

What a load of waffle. Apparently droning on about information we already knew pre-Season 1 is an answer to a question about Season 2? Looks like we're waiting till 2019 at LEAST... for fuck's sake...

• edited August 2017

Does it need to coincide with the TV show aside from in the vaguest terms? The segments that relied on jamming in TV characters and events were some of the weakest parts of Season 1. Like... didn't people come for a new story, not something they'd already seen? Besides, they still have content from Season 5 to 6 to cover unless they want to screw it up with an unnecessary time skip - waiting for the show shouldn't even be an issue right now :/

I was happy when they directly confirmed Season 2 on 20th November 2015. I'm not happy about how it's taken them almost 2 years to even state that it 'might' be a thing four years after the last game was released when this company's turnover for games is very fast compared to others.

I wish I had your optimism...

Pahn711 posted: »

Dude, this will enable Telltale to give the Forresters an EPIC conclusion that coincides with the tv show! It will be worth the wait!!! How about being happy that season 2 has been confirmed in a much more direct way?

• edited August 2017

The game contained an awful lot of scenes involving (or at least referencing) characters and events from the tv show....so I'm surprised you actually enjoyed season 1 if you remove all of those....

To me, including these characters from the show adds legitimacy to the story. The player gets to feel like they are part of the lore and that their actions will have an impact on major events in Westeros....It's as close as they can get us to the real thing!

I share your frustration about the long wait....I just think optimism is better served! I would be way more disappointed if they rushed this out and it sucked!

Does it need to coincide with the TV show aside from in the vaguest terms? The segments that relied on jamming in TV characters and events w

• The Forresters do have to do something about the Whitehills before the White Walkers come.

• I agree with you that the sections with the TV characters were the weakest parts of season one. I wish they didn't rely so much on what is happening on the tv show. I feel they could resolve what happened with the Forresters without knowing what happens in season eight.

Does it need to coincide with the TV show aside from in the vaguest terms? The segments that relied on jamming in TV characters and events w

• edited August 2017

Wow, a tiny bit of news about some effort on season 2 exists! I'm practically blown away.

Perhaps they want to finish it up and get right into the dragon fights in season 2 with the new storyline, and ditch the old forester characters' storyline altogether. A bit hard to deal with the loose ends last season ;-)

• Let's prepare for it to be just a social call and avoid disappointment.

https://twitter.com/AEJORDAN/status/901525602641031170

• Come on this have to be something!

Let's prepare for it to be just a social call and avoid disappointment.

• Keep in mind this is what we said back when they announced 3 games and none of them were ttgot XD

Tunak23 posted: »

Come on this have to be something!

• You are most likely right. Not getting my hopes up.

Let's prepare for it to be just a social call and avoid disappointment.

• I love the Batman games, but was really hoping for season two of GOT. Am playing GOTG, but not really liking it that much. I want my revenge against house Whitehill and resolution for the surviving Forresters. Is that too much to ask?

Keep in mind this is what we said back when they announced 3 games and none of them were ttgot XD

• In a recent interview with Eurogamer, Job confirmed that S2 won't be released until TV Show is done. :(

• Wow, it feels pretty crazy to have actually updated the News thread with (real) news for once since the release of Season 1. I hope they put the extended down time to good use, as ending Season 1 with not just one but several direct cliffhangers in 2015, and then asking fans to wait until 2019 at the earliest seems like a big ask. :(

• "Game of Thrones is currently on hold"

• "its not the right time" "we haven't announced it yet" bro yes you guys announced it already then just didn't say anything for like 2 years. Not exactly happy about this.

He also sort of contradicts himself. Saying that Wolf 2 isn't going to be a direct sequel because they don't expect fans to play a 4 year old game to understand season 2. Yet that's the exact thing they're going to be expecting of GoT fans come 2019

• Considering the vast multitude of directly unresolved cliffhangers from Season 1 Episode 6, I think it's safe to say that Game of Thrones Season 2 would probably be an exception to the "newcomer friendly" mindset.

Wigams posted: »

"its not the right time" "we haven't announced it yet" bro yes you guys announced it already then just didn't say anything for like 2 years.

• What about all the people who have been waiting four years for a The Wolf Among Us season two? I mean, by the time that game releases (sometime 2018) it will have been five years.

Wigams posted: »

"its not the right time" "we haven't announced it yet" bro yes you guys announced it already then just didn't say anything for like 2 years.

• Those people had proper closure in Wolf S1. The story ended full circle, you weren't left hanging.

Yet in Game of Thrones pretty much everything was left unanswered. We were told a day after its conclusion we'd have a Season 2. And now, two years later, they come out and say they have... Pretty much othing. They can't even confirm the story they didn't finish at all will be continued.

ShampaFK posted: »

What about all the people who have been waiting four years for a The Wolf Among Us season two? I mean, by the time that game releases (sometime 2018) it will have been five years.

• Doesn't Season 1 take place during Season 4? Seems kinda ridiculous to wait until the show is over before they start Season 2. There's enough material to pull-from what's been completed already.

• Yeah that declarations were absurd,they have plenty of material to release a season two of telltale got.
    So disappointed,Could you guys post the link of the interview?

Doesn't Season 1 take place during Season 4? Seems kinda ridiculous to wait until the show is over before they start Season 2. There's enough material to pull-from what's been completed already.

• edited August 2017

Telltale/Job being honest about the project's progress for once? Transparency? In Telltale? Giving us an actual idea of when it should be coming instead of just expecting us to hope every announcement is Game of Thrones?

enter image description here

we're doing Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead. Fans have been wanting those more and we've been wanting to do those more.

way to shit on us, though, Job. Just because we're not being as vocal on twitter about where a certain season 2 is doesn't mean we don't want it...

• edited September 2017

Their rational for not producing the second season to GOT blows monkey chunks... it is so ridiculous. I don't even understand why they needed the actual actors from the TV show to do voice work for the GOT game, it's not as if they did that for the GOTG game... so that whole, well we can't book the actors from the show shouldn't even come up.

Those people had proper closure in Wolf S1. The story ended full circle, you weren't left hanging. Yet in Game of Thrones pretty much eve

• Right there with you.

Doesn't Season 1 take place during Season 4? Seems kinda ridiculous to wait until the show is over before they start Season 2. There's enough material to pull-from what's been completed already.

• As much as I love Batman... I really wanted GOT more.

Telltale/Job being honest about the project's progress for once? Transparency? In Telltale? Giving us an actual idea of when it should be co

• edited September 2017

My yearning for Telltale's GoT S2 has gotten so bad, I've been having dreams about S2's menu screen accompanied by an instrumental version of Talia's song.

• Although I can understand the reasoning behind postponing an eventual release of GoT 2, it is far from ok to leave us in the dark for so long. It is us who have payed their salaries by purchasing part 1.

I might even consider not buying season 2 due to this severe neglect of their customers. Regardless: I will be leaving this thread now, after the recent news update. No point in staying here much longer...

• edited September 2017

I understand your point and the choice is up to you.But won't you regret leaving this story before the conclusion?
    My choice is to remain here until the end of the game and after I won't buy any more games of Telltale,that's the price they have to pay man.

Don't let the assholes ruining your game experience punish them when you are satisfied ;)

Feanir posted: »

Although I can understand the reasoning behind postponing an eventual release of GoT 2, it is far from ok to leave us in the dark for so lon

• Is it though?

Considering the vast multitude of directly unresolved cliffhangers from Season 1 Episode 6, I think it's safe to say that Game of Thrones Season 2 would probably be an exception to the "newcomer friendly" mindset.

• edited September 2017

Okay I know I was somewhat optimistic before, but yeah, their reasoning is actually a load of garbage. They don't need to wait until S8 is over, they have Seasons 5 through 7 to cover.

The real reason can be read between the lines here:

"see where things go with the narrative of the [Game of Thrones] show before we really come back to the table with something we're excited about."

Which really boils down to this:

And you just KNOW that the minute 2019 rolls around they'll have been so caught up in shitting out poorly planned TWD episodes instead of giving themselves 2 years to work on the plot that they'll be like "oh shit weren't we supposed to do Thrones?" and they'll shit that out too, firmly putting the last nail in the coffin for that franchise in the first episode. Boy, oh boy, I can't wait for all the determinant characters to die in the first episode due to a complete lack of willing to put any effort into their games.

• Interviewer: "Game of Thrones? Potential for a new series? A new season?"

Job: "We have committed to doing more. It is not on the docket right now. Clearly we've announced our line-up for the next 18 months or so..."

Seems like Telltale doesn't have Thrones planned for at least the next 18 months. 2019 at the earliest is pretty much confirmed.

• Boy, oh boy, I can't wait for all the determinant characters to die in the first episode due to a complete lack of willing to put any effort into their games.

Okay I know I was somewhat optimistic before, but yeah, their reasoning is actually a load of garbage. They don't need to wait until S8 is o

• Clearly we've announced our line-up for the next 18 months or so...

God, that's so passive aggressive. He'll let people ask about Wolf and Borderlands until the cows come home, but three questions about Thrones and he's trying to hold in a hissy fit.

Interviewer: "Game of Thrones? Potential for a new series? A new season?" Job: "We have committed to doing more. It is not on the doc

• My thoughts exactly.

Clearly we've announced our line-up for the next 18 months or so... God, that's so passive aggressive. He'll let people ask about Wo

• If you listen to the audio interview that quote is from, he didn't really mean that in a passive aggressive tone.

Clearly we've announced our line-up for the next 18 months or so... God, that's so passive aggressive. He'll let people ask about Wo

• edited September 2017

Boy, oh boy, I can't wait for all the determinant characters to die in the first episode due to a complete lack of willing to put any effort into their games.

Yep, this... just let us kill some Whitehills so we can avenge the dead. Also, I want to kill Morgryn. But really, you don't need for the end of season eight to have that story play out.

Unless.... you aren't going to kill off all the determinant characters. In which case, take your time.

• edited September 2017

No we deserve a game with good writing and decent character development if they can't give us that,Telltale should have not chosen the asoiaf universe for one of their games.

If the problem is the plot they could listen to the fans for once and grab some of our theories and put them into action and it's already very lazy.Concerning the graphics they could make a little update and it's not that hard really.

Telltale give us a reward for all this waiting!

ShampaFK posted: »

Boy, oh boy, I can't wait for all the determinant characters to die in the first episode due to a complete lack of willing to put any effort

• Guys I found the TTGOT fans' theme song:

Sign in to comment in this discussion.