Game of Thrones Season 2 Announced (Future news will be found at the new Pre-Season news thread)

Comments

• I refuse to believe that TellTale would scrap Game of Thrones. Telltale signed a multi-year contract AND HBO told them to hold the game off until the show ends because they might have conflicting storylines or TellTale might have difficulty making the story make sense with the show storyline if they make the game ahead of the show. Also it might require a bit of extra work from TellTale but they can do the entire model swap from the determinant characters, they've done it before.

• Also the game might be on hold because TellTale showed Daenerys and players are expecting her to join the Forresters against the Whitehills but since TellTale does not know how the show will end HBO told them not to continue the game's story until they show everyone how the show will conclude. Just something I was wondering about while replaying the first season.

• edited November 2017

They used Athena for TFTBL, who wasn't really a main character, so there's no reason they can't use one of the show characters or something. It's been two years and any character doesn't automatically equate to a spoiler.

There's no excuse for them constantly taking a dump on us like this, and people need to stop affording them one : [

SPOILERS FOR GAME OF THRONES THE TELLTALE SERIES!!!! That might be because their is no actual character that is the face of the Game of Thr

• We are persons after all and if Telltale doesn't give us anything to keep the faith on their work...well that's we're we are now ?

I'm playing the Got of Cyanide again...Like it a lot back on the Days

Also the game might be on hold because TellTale showed Daenerys and players are expecting her to join the Forresters against the Whitehills

• You're literally grasping at straws so much it isn't even funny anymore. The only similarity between them is that they're fat. Grow up.

JakeSt123 posted: »

Anyone noticed that in Batman 2 it looks as if they scrapped Thrones 2 midway through and just repurposed the models for Batman? Particularly this guy, who seems like the spitting image of Ludd/Andros:

• Nah, I'll continue to do whatever until we get some info of actual substance.

HexIgon posted: »

You're literally grasping at straws so much it isn't even funny anymore. The only similarity between them is that they're fat. Grow up.

• See you in 2019.

Nah, I'll continue to do whatever until we get some info of actual substance.

• This thread is so dead... Sad. :/
    Dead until 2019-2020, I guess...

• agreed until then o:) <3 :) :)

Ethgwen posted: »

This thread is so dead... Sad. Dead until 2019-2020, I guess...

• edited January 2018

I was spending time on Instagram when I saw this photo just 3 days ago... but anyway, It means nothing.

https://imgur.com/a/4f0Vw

• I think that Season 2 is not cancelled and a few reasons why are because the game came out three years ago. The Wolf Among Us is getting a sequel five years after the release of Season 1. Game of Thrones was one of my favorite games and I know we will get a sequel and I hope that it continues the Forrester storyline. Rodrik/Asher are my favorite characters in the series and I hope that we will see how they handle the war against the Night King and his army as well as the Whitehills.

• edited January 2018

look like the twins in The Wolf Amongs

Anyone noticed that in Batman 2 it looks as if they scrapped Thrones 2 midway through and just repurposed the models for Batman? Particularly this guy, who seems like the spitting image of Ludd/Andros:

• Definitely Whitehills before White Walkers.

I think that Season 2 is not cancelled and a few reasons why are because the game came out three years ago. The Wolf Among Us is getting a s

• Keep Checking Telltale and the voice actors accounts on Twitter and social media stuff.
    Even the littlest revelation will help this news forum get more lively ?

Changing the topic guys,Which new medieval games have caught your eye for 2018?
    For me I'll get Kingdom Come Deliverance,caught my eye since early betas and is quite promising ?

• I agree The Whitehills first and then the White Walkers. I also think the best ending for Rodrik's storyline would be to kill off Ludd and have Gryff be the Lord of Highpoint. Asher's best ending would be to marry Gwyn and kill off Gryff because Asher is still the Lord of Ironrath and even though Ironrath is lost Gwyn can still tell her father that she wants to be with Asher at Ironrath which will cause Asher to still have his house.

Definitely Whitehills before White Walkers.

• Torrhen Whitehill, Ludd’s thirdborn son is next in line to be Lord of Highpoint. If Gryff is alive, he would hold Highpoint until Torrhen comes home. I have a feeling we’ll be seeing Torrhen in Season 2.

Ludd’s firstborn died of Greyscale and his second son is in training to become a maester.

I agree The Whitehills first and then the White Walkers. I also think the best ending for Rodrik's storyline would be to kill off Ludd and h

• I agree that we will see Torrhen in Season 2 however, the question still remains will he be friend or foe? Gwyn is trying to help the Forresters so whose to say that Torrhen will not want to help his sister.

Torrhen Whitehill, Ludd’s thirdborn son is next in line to be Lord of Highpoint. If Gryff is alive, he would hold Highpoint until Torrhen c

• Waiting for Kingdom Come too ! ? It seems amazing !

Tunak23 posted: »

Keep Checking Telltale and the voice actors accounts on Twitter and social media stuff. Even the littlest revelation will help this news fo

• I think that if we can make TellTale notice that the forums are still active with players who want a Season 2 they will give us a teaser or some sort of confirmation. Also The Wolf Among Us got a Season 2 after five years of them not saying anything about it. I think that TellTale will confirm this when HBO releases Season 8 of Game of Thrones. Also they said in a post, that games that were announced were not affected by the layoffs so this game still could be in development.

• Ok so I 've heard telltale cancelled Season 2.
    (

I hate to say it but the person who twitted this is very reliable and has been right a lot in the past, This makes me hate Telltale even more now I understand games get cancelled but the fact it they never said anything and let us believe it was coming makes them completely and utterly dicks. let me know what you guys think.

• edited January 2018

I think this is not true because first off they promised fans a second season. Also The Wolf Among Us Season 2 took five years before TellTale announced it. Also the writing of this tweet is inconsistent first he says that TellTale is working on Season 2 then he says they are writing the game followed by the development got cancelled it does not make sense. I think he is trolling the fans that's all. Writing the plot is part of the game development process. Games take time to make especially games like the ones TellTale makes because they have to import every choice into the next episode and season. I will not believe anything about Season 2 being cancelled unless TellTale confirms it.

BigGazMan posted: »

Ok so I 've heard telltale cancelled Season 2. (http://twitter.com/AnEvilHag/Status/954736347142553600 I hate to say it but the person

• Telltale promised a lot of stuff also AnEvilHag isn't a troll she's a respectful young woman and she's knows her stuff, I use to doubt her as well, like I said she's been right a lot in the past.

I think this is not true because first off they promised fans a second season. Also The Wolf Among Us Season 2 took five years before TellTa

• I don't mean to offend anyone that is not my purpose here. I just don't believe it unless TellTale says it. What sources does she have the confirms that TellTale cancelled this? TellTale will not only tell one person that the game is cancelled and hope that everyone notices from a unofficial tweet. TellTale would let the people know if a game is cancelled and considering how many people want it they would not cancel it. The delay is caused by HBO wanting to complete the show before TellTale releases the game.

Telltale promised a lot of stuff also AnEvilHag isn't a troll she's a respectful young woman and she's knows her stuff, I use to doubt her as well, like I said she's been right a lot in the past.

• you didn't offend me buddy don't worry about it, anyway I really hope it's not cancelled, that would be really upsetting.

I don't mean to offend anyone that is not my purpose here. I just don't believe it unless TellTale says it. What sources does she have the c

• I agree but I doubt its cancelled looks we have to wait until Game of Thrones Season 8 finishes to find out. :wink:

you didn't offend me buddy don't worry about it, anyway I really hope it's not cancelled, that would be really upsetting.

• Telltale promised a lot of stuff also AnEvilHag isn't a troll she's a respectful young woman and she's knows her stuff, I use to doubt her as well, like I said she's been right a lot in the past.

Thanks

But yea it was canceled. Most you can hope for is they go back to work on it despite the cancellation, but I doubt it.

I just don't believe it unless TellTale says it.

I won't say too much but a Telltale staff member did say it. Came directly from them. So, yea, it is official.

Telltale promised a lot of stuff also AnEvilHag isn't a troll she's a respectful young woman and she's knows her stuff, I use to doubt her as well, like I said she's been right a lot in the past.

• Thank you for replying, such a shame it's been cancelled but life still goes on.

Telltale promised a lot of stuff also AnEvilHag isn't a troll she's a respectful young woman and she's knows her stuff, I use to doubt her a

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited January 2018

It's generally healthy to apply a sense of skepticism to leaks/leakers sometimes. They also said that "Season 5 would be the last Season of Walking Dead".

What she is referring to is that, previously, some writers were shown on LinkedIn as having started writing for Game of Thrones Season 2 on their resumes sometime around late 2016. However, around last Summer/early Fall, Job Stauffer gave an interview stating that they were putting "Game of Thrones Season 2" on hold until the show ended.

They are speculating that the game is cancelled because the show's ending is so far out (at least 2019), and because their resumes have not since shown much signs of progress since (and because Telltale might change engines to Unity after Wolf 2 and Dead 4). With that, and the fact that people will have probably moved on, they are speculating Telltale might cancel the game to focus on franchises that people wanted more (such as how Telltale released/are releasing sequels to Batman and Wolf Among Us without giving many updates on Thrones Season 2).

(Note that I am not defending the idea of Telltale moving on without resolving the multitude of directly unresolved plot lines from Season 1 Episode 6.)

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited January 2018

Don't believe everything you read on the internet, unless it comes from an official press release or directly from Telltale themselves on their news page, Twitter, Facebook or any other social media any "conformations" of a cancellation are just speculation and/or made up.

As Blind Sniper mentioned Job said in a interview (which you can see in this thread) they seem to want to wait until the series has finished to see how they want to pay out their story along side the TV show story which means we will need to wait a while.

Thank you for replying, such a shame it's been cancelled but life still goes on.

• I don't really give a fuck about GOT at all but I'll throw my 2 cents in here and say that I know for a fact that Joshua Rubin started work on it in mid 2016 but left the company because of internal problems with management. If I had to guess, and this is purely my guess, his script was rejected/declined and he decided to move on. He was a writer for Destiny in 2014 and he left Bungie literally a month before they decided to completely rewrite the entire story/lore.

As far as the contract goes, that could possibly be relinquished at any time if the other party decides it's not worth continuing the partnership which, with Telltale in dire straits right now, is not unexpected. Also keep in mind that Job no longer works at Telltale and while he was sort of a mouthpiece for Telltale itself at the time that things could have changed since he left that we don't know about.

Obviously, you should take everything you read on the internet with a grain of salt, skepticism is healthy, but the idea that you dismiss anything that isn't "official Telltale channels" is pretty ludicrious. Telltale are not going to talk about the problems they're having with GOT or why it isn't being developed or go into detail about the layoffs or about how horrible their sales have been recently. Companies won't ever release negative press about themselves, info comes from the people who worked on it.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited January 2018

but the idea that you dismiss anything that isn't "official Telltale channels" is pretty ludicrious.

I agree, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make. I was mainly saying that, no matter how compelling a case you can make to assert that the game is basically cancelled at this point (for the reasons you said; layoffs, waning interest over time, etc), that it was still just currently speculation being framed as fact.

Yes, you are correct that companies aren't going to air their dirty laundry public, but that doesn't mean that the only alternative has to be that some presumed speculation is now officially confirmed as 100% fact.

Graysonn posted: »

I don't really give a fuck about GOT at all but I'll throw my 2 cents in here and say that I know for a fact that Joshua Rubin started work

• I never said the alternative was to accept anything said as 100% fact. Right before that I stated you should be wary of what you read and it's totally understandable to be skeptical.

My point was more - Telltale are likely going to keep the 'hope' alive but the reality is that it's very likely not to happen (like how they've said they want to do another Sam and Max but we all know that isn't going to happen) and believing what they say at face value is no worse than accpeting speculation you read online as fact.

but the idea that you dismiss anything that isn't "official Telltale channels" is pretty ludicrious. I agree, but that wasn't the po

• I believe they are handling their schedule wrong. Correct me if you disagree but I believe people liked GoT better than the Batman series and I can't understand why they would make a second season just some months after the first game, whereas GoT hasn't been touched in almost 3 years. As for the plot I think they could catch it up before the Battle of the Bastards and show how House Forrester gains it's power back etc. All the white walkers stuff could wait until a third season or something, the plot of the show has advanced a lot since the game's episodes ended.

• and believing what they say at face value is no worse than accpeting speculation you read online as fact.

Cherry on top

Graysonn posted: »

I never said the alternative was to accept anything said as 100% fact. Right before that I stated you should be wary of what you read and it

• Can I ask has TTG officially said they would put GOT game on hold until the end of the TV series?? in whitch case show will run for two more seasons?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Nothing has been announced officially but Job heavily hinted that they wanted to wait until the TV show has finished before they continue with the game (you can see this in the news thread).

in whitch case show will run for two more seasons?

There is only one more season of the show left, this is due to air in 2019 so if Telltale do make season 2 and wait until after the show finishes before continuing the game i don’t expect to see it until 2020 or later.

Can I ask has TTG officially said they would put GOT game on hold until the end of the TV series?? in whitch case show will run for two more seasons?

• Oh geez that's a HUGE wait. I hope they can still get a hand of the actors in HBO to voice their charcters in the game like they did in S1. When the show ends that would be hard thing to do.

OzzyUK posted: »

Nothing has been announced officially but Job heavily hinted that they wanted to wait until the TV show has finished before they continue wi

• Not really. It's not like they're all living together for the show.

Oh geez that's a HUGE wait. I hope they can still get a hand of the actors in HBO to voice their charcters in the game like they did in S1. When the show ends that would be hard thing to do.

• I guess they wanted to follow on the lands of the HBO show. Still that is a long wait. I am guessing that it would hard to get ahold of the HBO actors who voice their characters in S1 after the show has ended becase they would go to other projects.

THank you for your reply.

OzzyUK posted: »

Nothing has been announced officially but Job heavily hinted that they wanted to wait until the TV show has finished before they continue wi

• I don't understand??? the actors live together when they are apart of the show???

Johro posted: »

Not really. It's not like they're all living together for the show.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.