Game of Thrones Season 2 Announced (Future news will be found at the new Pre-Season news thread)

Comments

• Don't mind me, just finished GoT and wanted to see how the threads are here.

• What did you think of it?

Don't mind me, just finished GoT and wanted to see how the threads are here.

• I thought it was pretty good, I'd say better than TFTB. Alot of choices matter.

I just dislike the determinant states of most of the characters.

What did you think of it?

• I'll say it it's better than TWAU and Minecraft, but not TWD and TFTBL, it's somewhere in the middle for me. I thought the choices were great, and even though there were a lot of determinant characters, they did a great job with most of them, especially with Asher and Rodrik and I'm interested to see how something like that will play out in Season 2. But unlike Tales, which didn't really have a bad episode, I disliked 2 episodes in Thrones (1 and 5) and just didn't feel the same attachment to the characters like I did in Tales or TWD.

I thought it was pretty good, I'd say better than TFTB. Alot of choices matter. I just dislike the determinant states of most of the characters.

• edited December 2015

I thought it was pretty good, I'd say better than TFTB. Alot of choices matter.

I actually think both of them are equally amazing, although I prefer Game of Thrones, to be honest.

I just dislike the determinant states of most of the characters.

Same. There are so many determinant characters in the game. I have faith (no pun intended) in Telltale but I don't know how they are going to pull it off with so many freaking determinant characters.

I thought it was pretty good, I'd say better than TFTB. Alot of choices matter. I just dislike the determinant states of most of the characters.

• They won't. We either see time pushed forward or a LOT will die early on. They are not good at that part, at all. They are welcome to suprise me with a big branching storyline although.

But we are more likely to follow characters which could not die as far as I know. Like Beshka or Malcolm who seemingly had plot armour. Just swap their places and I presume they can do the same thing as the other would do, no matter where they end up. Asher and Rodrik will probably be sent to the backseat. Maybe coal boy or Sera picks up the banner of Mira, who knows. Gared is a sure fire too.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

I thought it was pretty good, I'd say better than TFTB. Alot of choices matter. I actually think both of them are equally amazing, a

• They won't. We either see time pushed forward or a LOT will die early on. They are not good at that part, at all. They are welcome to suprise me with a big branching storyline although.

You never know. Maybe they just won't make many appearances on the game :P

But we are more likely to follow characters which could not die as far as I know. Like Beshka or Malcolm who seemingly had plot armour. Just swap their places and I presume they can do the same thing as the other would do, no matter where they end up. Asher and Rodrik will probably be sent to the backseat. Maybe coal boy or Sera picks up the banner of Mira, who knows. Gared is a sure fire too.

Yeah. I'm assuming we will probably play as Talia, Beskha, Malcolm, Gared and someone from King's Landing (probably Sera or Morgryn).

They won't. We either see time pushed forward or a LOT will die early on. They are not good at that part, at all. They are welcome to supris

• You're right. I can live with it but this season felt so forced. Even more so than Walking Dead was at times. As someone wrote, you get a small victory in Episode 4 with the Glennmores help. But nope, it all get turned back 5 steps after going forward 4 steps. The game just punish you, not even the TV-show is this aggressive and punish people for everything. I even say being silent the whole Season would be better than speaking. Cause then you can atleast say that you are not the one causing anything.

Beating Gryff? Well he seems to be in good shape anyway, Not beating? Well to bad
    BE aggressive, angers someone, being passive, angers someone.
    Crawling? Well clearly it do not make things better and the White Hills attack.
    Get a deal with Glenmores? Not helping, Get an "army" with Asher? They do fucking nothing and har like what? 10 people?
    Also the house knows of the ambush yet act so carelessly. Elaena get captured if you let her stay.

I also wonder how t his supposedly "crappy" version of Forrester, could get such a big army, big keep if they where so much more incompetent and poor than Forrester. Even when you spoil the sellswords that fatty Andros is gathering for them.

What we did in Season 1 pretty much did nothing for us. The game punish you way to much.

Hell leaving the grove with the bastards will probably punish you, but so will staying. Everything should have + and - consequences but this GoT Season is all stick and no carrot. Hell, they even have to had the most obnoxious and hateful villian there is, Ramsay Snow(flake) in to it and we all know we cannot hurt him. Cause he got TV Plot armour on him.

Point A and B is always set in every episode and season. Inbetween we can altar a bit but beyond that, it mean 0. Especially in GoT you could see this. Did I still love it? Yes. But our interaction did not mean much in the end. The only one we could see "gain" something is Gared. As I said Point A and point B. Starts with Gared, ends with Gared pretty much. I like Sylvi, I hope to see more of her. Maybe she also can be playable if Gared is counted among those who cannot be played. A bit like a GoT Clementine.

I look forward to Season 2 but im a bit more hesitant. There was plenty of characters to love but they get punished for almost anything they decide to do. Plenty of people I want to see dead and plenty of people I want to see come out alive, some already dead.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

They won't. We either see time pushed forward or a LOT will die early on. They are not good at that part, at all. They are welcome to supris

• edited December 2015

Most likely Q4 of 2016. I'm thinking late December.

MOBZIKK posted: »

When do you think will we realistically see Season 2 ?

• All in all I do think it's a solid game on its own and definitely what you would expect from Telltale -- in every sense of the phrase -- and I'm looking forward to Season 2, mostly just to stretch and work my creative side and headcanon things more and more for how they'd go down differently in my personal GoT 'Verse.

The Forrester kids are my kids. I have adopted all of them.

• Just finished S1 cannot wait for S2 :D.

If Asher die I riot!!!

• Not soon enough =(

How soon is very soon?

• I just realized that the line: "our 2016 lineup is alot like a TV Schedule" is Pretty shitty, since normal TV Schedules Are pretty outdated at this Point. In a Time of Netflix And such, WHO wants to wait for an Episode? It's just a thought. It would Be Really Awesome If TTG would Release everything. And it would Really fit their "Developing Style" like One Team for One project. Of course they would Need to re-work their System a bit, But it would Be worth it i think. Many peoples don't Buy their Games, Because the wait is to long And in the Time everything is released, they just forgot about it. TTG would Beginn the Next Generation of Episodic Gaming. They could Even use some sort of monthly subscription, where you can pay 9,99$ a month to get Access to all their projects, And Maybe Even Early Access to their New Ones. It's just a thought, thou.

• No.

GSSalvador posted: »

I just realized that the line: "our 2016 lineup is alot like a TV Schedule" is Pretty shitty, since normal TV Schedules Are pretty outdated

• God i hope this game comes out later than this year, i just don't see it happening. If it does, it will suck. Twd s2 was bad not just because of story but because of the development process, now a days, they have a big company to make more than a few games per year, but during twau and Twd s2 they were to small to make two good games.

• thanks for your input...i guess?

No.

• They were still working on Borderlands and Thrones in the background as they made Wolf and Dead: Season 2, though.

God i hope this game comes out later than this year, i just don't see it happening. If it does, it will suck. Twd s2 was bad not just becaus

• The problem is that they were not big enough to take on the two games, and about the "cinematic reasons" I cannot agree with that. They saw the reviews. Why would game of thrones season 2 Come before twd s3. I feel like there is more determinant stuff in game of thrones than in s2.

They were still working on Borderlands and Thrones in the background as they made Wolf and Dead: Season 2, though.

• I agree Game of Thrones Season 2 coming before Season 3 of Walking Dead is a little weird, but Job hinted via Twitter that Game of Thrones Season 2 could likely come out this year, and with Thrones, Batman, and the Super Show all possibly coming out this year on top of Michonne being delayed to this year as well, that doesn't leave a lot of arm room for Walking Dead: Season 3. They already said they wanted Season 3 to be bigger than previous Seasons, so that could probably explain why they spent more time on it.

The problem is that they were not big enough to take on the two games, and about the "cinematic reasons" I cannot agree with that. They saw

• Seriously, I cannot see game of thrones season 2 coming out, I am sorry but batman is likely to come out in December and usually telltale listens to constructive criticim and will try to make it "unforgettable". Sure they want s3 to be bigger than pervious seasons, well this is how you do it.
    You make the endings differ through the first three episodes and than in the later 2 have your episodes effect it.
    Was'nt game of thrones a big game.

I agree Game of Thrones Season 2 coming before Season 3 of Walking Dead is a little weird, but Job hinted via Twitter that Game of Thrones S

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited January 2016

I would usually agree with you that, based on past experience, the two new games would likely come in December.

However, Telltale's 2016 schedule so far is probably going to be a little different than usual. Minecraft will very likely end late this month or early in February. Then, Michonne premieres in February and is only a three episode mini series with a quick schedule. That leaves a lot of empty space until late Fall, which is when Telltale typically premieres their series. Let's say Michonne ends in late April (pure guess on my part). That leaves May, June, July, August, September, October, and then possibly November or December until a new series premieres going off of how Telltale usually does things.

As I said, Telltale doesn't like extended downtime and tries to have something going on fairly often. Because of the downtime we would otherwise get, I predict Telltale will either release a smaller game or two (like Poker Night or Puzzle Agent) over the Summer, or that one of the new series will premiere earlier into the year.

Unlike the Walking Dead: Season 1, Game of Thrones: Season 1 was made with Season 2 in mind and they prepared a lot of story elements from Season 1 to lead into Season 2, whereas Walking Dead: Season 2 was a new story with some of the same characters but not as direct of a continuation, so I think it's not unreasonable to expect Game of Thrones: Season 2 to come sooner than other titles. My guess would be that maybe we get some info on Game of Thrones: Season 2 this summer, since Season 2 is basically a continuation of Season 1.

Batman was confirmed for 2016, and Job Stuaffer has hinted at different points in time that the Super Show and/or Game of Thrones: Season 2 could also premiere this year. That's a pretty large undertaking to premiere three games in one year, so I could see one of the three Seasons premiering earlier than the other two. Alternatively, Telltale could also release a new game each Season. Michonne in (late) winter, something in Spring, something in Summer, and something in Fall.

Seriously, I cannot see game of thrones season 2 coming out, I am sorry but batman is likely to come out in December and usually telltale li

• You forgot about the super show, and they said hat their "sticky notes of ideas" never stops they have a lot of ideas and they will never stop

I would usually agree with you that, based on past experience, the two new games would likely come in December. However, Telltale's 2016

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited January 2016

I was counting the Super Show as one of the three "somethings" I mentioned here:

Alternatively, Telltale could also release a new game each Season. Michonne in (late) winter, something in Spring, something in Summer, and something in Fall.

(The other two being Batman and Game of Thrones: Season 2. I don't think we are getting Walking Dead: Season 3 this year...)

You forgot about the super show, and they said hat their "sticky notes of ideas" never stops they have a lot of ideas and they will never stop

• I am guessing we are getting season 3 either in December 2016 or April 2017, 5 years after season 1

I was counting the Super Show as one of the three "somethings" I mentioned here: Alternatively, Telltale could also release a new game

• Sorry, I know it came as rude and I was only kidding. To be frank, I don't see the point of your comment. You say:

Because the wait is to long And in the Time everything is released, they just forgot about it.

No, where have you seen that ? In fact, since everything is released, I believe it is quite the contrary.

In a Time of Netflix And such, WHO wants to wait for an Episode?

Checked their lineup ? THAT is pretty outdated haha. "WHO wants to wait for an Episode?" pretty much people who crave to watch their favourite TV show cough GOT cough asap ?

They could Even use some sort of monthly subscription, where you can pay 9,99$ a month to get Access to all their projects, And Maybe Even Early Access to their New Ones

Meh, as a person who doesn't play all telltale's games, this wouldn't benefit me AT ALL. Why even add a 9.99/month subscription if they waited to finish all episodes before releasing their games ? This would not be profitable for them.

thanks for your input...i guess?

• Sometimes I wonder if Telltale love drink in our suffering. They just love killing or torturing characters that we have grown to love and hold dearly to our hearts.

The reason I am talking like this, it is because I am currently listening to "Two Brothers." It really makes you feel depressed and sad for the Forresters.

enter link description here

• Such a phenomenal track though! I'm always obsessively listening to it, along with "Fall of Ironrath."

Sometimes I wonder if Telltale love drink in our suffering. They just love killing or torturing characters that we have grown to love and ho

• Sometimes I wonder if Telltale love drink in our suffering.

I don't wonder if they do, I know they do.

Sometimes I wonder if Telltale love drink in our suffering. They just love killing or torturing characters that we have grown to love and ho

• I bet our suffering tastes like vodka to them.

Sometimes I wonder if Telltale love drink in our suffering. I don't wonder if they do, I know they do.

• I actually think our suffering tastes like something sweeter. Maybe strawberries or strawberry pie cake with chocolate.

I bet our suffering tastes like vodka to them.

• My "idea" may have some flaws. ^^ But TTG NEEDS to Release the Episodes faster. MC Story Mode was a Step in the right direction. And they Seem to Do it again with Michonne. They delayed the Premiere into the Next Year, to Release the upcoming Episodes faster. I Hope they Do the Same with Batman, GoTS2 And TWDS3. Release the Premiere a month or two later to have a more consistent Release schedule.

Sorry, I know it came as rude and I was only kidding. To be frank, I don't see the point of your comment. You say: Because the wait is

• I certainly agree that they could release episodes faster haha. Although MC story mode is a bad example as to me (note that I DID NOT play it but watched a few playthroughs) it lacks the depth of their other titles.

My "idea" may have some flaws. ^^ But TTG NEEDS to Release the Episodes faster. MC Story Mode was a Step in the right direction. And they Se

• Telltale writers stay immortal and gain terrible power by consuming the sorrow and desperation of their fans. TWAU taught me this...

I actually think our suffering tastes like something sweeter. Maybe strawberries or strawberry pie cake with chocolate.

• Never! ... Also if you are afraid you will forget about the game then just buy season pass and game will automatically download new episode. Genius XD

I just realized that the line: "our 2016 lineup is alot like a TV Schedule" is Pretty shitty, since normal TV Schedules Are pretty outdated

• Thats true, But it Lacks because the Overall plot is meant to Be simple for the Kids, And Not because they Release the Episodes faster. Im sure they had EP. 1-3 finished, before EP. 1 released to have a faster schedule. But Michonne could prove me right or wrong, Because they delayed it to have a faster schedule. Just like Minecraft.

I certainly agree that they could release episodes faster haha. Although MC story mode is a bad example as to me (note that I DID NOT play it but watched a few playthroughs) it lacks the depth of their other titles.

• But IM Not Talking about me. Im talking about the average Steam user, who sees the game When it premieres But forgot about it, Because they want to wait until everything is released or until it's in a Sale.

Never! ... Also if you are afraid you will forget about the game then just buy season pass and game will automatically download new episode. Genius XD

• Just finished first playthrough, and gotta agree with some people- it was really punishing.

I'm hoping this is more a result of how bleak Game of Thrones is in general at the time of the game's finishing. I'm hoping for next season we can maybe get Mira to meet Sansa- get her back home, or follow Stannis/Jon back to the wall with Gared, or one of the Snows. Hopefully get the next season to end on a higher note in the entire Game of Thrones story with Forresters serving the Starks again or something.

That is- before winter comes and we all die anyway.

• Indeed. With all the deaths in this season, they'll have to introduce more Forresters to kill. That's what it seems like, anyway ;)

BigBadMan posted: »

Just finished first playthrough, and gotta agree with some people- it was really punishing. I'm hoping this is more a result of how bleak

• Steam sells all episodes at once. So I would check my facts if I were you.

But IM Not Talking about me. Im talking about the average Steam user, who sees the game When it premieres But forgot about it, Because they want to wait until everything is released or until it's in a Sale.

• Oh right. Steam only Sells whole seasons...But you could replace "Steam User" with "Consoles User". Then it would Be Right.

Steam sells all episodes at once. So I would check my facts if I were you.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.