Game of Thrones Season 2 Announced (Future news will be found at the new Pre-Season news thread)

Comments

• I think they may not focus on who you saved in the next season. Whoever you saved may be in the background nursing their wounds for most of the season, so the branching timeline may not be that big of an issue. Telltale is pretty adamant about keeping us on our toes, so I'm not sure they would do something as predictable as killing of the determinant characters so early on.

All I want to do is bring justice, kill all Whitehills including Gwyn and the Boltons. But the Boltons will be saved for the TV-show I can i

• I do hope they can put the effort into more branching. It be nice and they will get more praise if they manage that! It is the next step, cause the start and end is always, almost, the same. A pity!

FAVREFAN posted: »

I think they may not focus on who you saved in the next season. Whoever you saved may be in the background nursing their wounds for most of

• haven't taken it to a professional yet.Don't have enough money yet to allow for it. I'm thinking I'll just take it to my college's tech repair station at some point, since that'll be cheaper then elsewhere I think.

Hopefully they wouldn't go snooping around through my laptop. I have a lot of work devoted to the story I'm writing kept on here and I'm a touch paranoid about handing my stuff over to other people.

MOBZIKK posted: »

Damn, you must be pissed. I'm guessing even a professional couldn't fix it ?

• Who wants that?

Plenty of people including me.

GSSalvador posted: »

they genuinely try to shorten episodes so that people can play them in one sitting Who wants that? And more importantly, why does TT

• Ramsay, Tyrion, and Daenerys.

what hbo actors do you guys want to see in the 2nd series?

• I think he was honing in on 90 minute episodes and not just one sitting games. I don't think a lot of people liked 90 minute episodes.

Who wants that? Plenty of people including me.

• While not a large majority for sure , plenty of people I find- not just exclusive to the telltale forums- are okay with 90 min episodes. Usual reasons are due to not having a whole lot of time to play videogames, or a telltale episode being released in a month filled with AAA releases.

I think he was honing in on 90 minute episodes and not just one sitting games. I don't think a lot of people liked 90 minute episodes.

• [removed]

so you hate fact that hbo actors voice their characters in tell-tale series? huh, can I ask why?

• edited January 2016

ok fair enough I accept you opinion. seriously what make you think I didn't accept your opinion. all I did is to ask why, you were the one who replied rudely.

None

• No more Ramsay please. I know, Iwan Rheon is awesome, but his role just didn't work well imo. Daenerys will very likely appear from Malcolm's POV. Tyrion, Margaery and Cersei are probably out of the run now that Mira isn't in King's Landing anymore, one way or another. As for new HBO characters, I really don't know at this point.

what hbo actors do you guys want to see in the 2nd series?

• you have a point.

No more Ramsay please. I know, Iwan Rheon is awesome, but his role just didn't work well imo. Daenerys will very likely appear from Malcolm'

• Sadly, I do not think really any tv show characters besides daneryus will appear. Cersei and Tyrion have too much of a big part in season 5. Margery probably not. Ramsey baca use of season 5. And nobody else.

you have a point.

• Yeah you know, now that you mention it. It is kinda funny; I don't think any of us saw that one coming.

Blockb0ys posted: »

I think the main problem with some of them (this is mainly Ramsay but could apply to anyone) is that they stick up unbeatable, unblock able

• @Blockb0ys I think you pretty much summed it up there. As much as I like the actors and actresses and having the characters in the game; I think they should take more of a back seat in the plot. I think they handled Cersei's role in the game quite well, her presence was known; but it was not like her plot armour was waved in your face at every given opportunity.

Blockb0ys posted: »

It's crazy right? XD Daenerys backstabbed us, Ramsay made no sense at all in E5 (I let you keep half the forest... except that half got s

• still waiting for news..

• Over under at the number of delays this game sees? I think 2.5 is a good line for the season 2 premiere.

• the fact the hbo characters are cannon. I understand. but do you think the next series will go smoothly with none hbo characters returning?

I'm one of the few that felt with the exception of Jon Snow, the hbo characters fit decently with the Forrester conflict. I wouldn't ind seeing Ramsay, Danerys, or Margery in season 2 as long as they have a purpose, a reason, to be involved with the continuing conflict.

the fact the hbo characters are cannon. I understand. but do you think the next series will go smoothly with none hbo characters returning? aren't the Foresters have enouncing with the main characters in the book?

• Game of Thrones 2: Forrester Boogaloo.

Over under at the number of delays this game sees? I think 2.5 is a good line for the season 2 premiere.

• What delays?

Over under at the number of delays this game sees? I think 2.5 is a good line for the season 2 premiere.

• The fact this shit months inbetween episodes without news. Delays.

What delays?

• edited January 2016

Those aren't delays, that's just what episodic gaming is, you know, what Telltale has done since they were founded. You can't delay something that didn't have a set release date. The Michonne mini series was delayed, this wasn't.

The fact this shit months inbetween episodes without news. Delays.

• Thats not a delay.

The fact this shit months inbetween episodes without news. Delays.

• Is there something new about season 2? Any news?

• No, and don't expect any soon either. If there are major news, this thread will be updated. If you want to keep up with new info on Telltale's projects yourself, follow them on Twitter.

YForrester posted: »

Is there something new about season 2? Any news?

• Hope they'll show Sansa next season and Littlefinger. It'll be more powerful if we see the game's characters on the tv series or just a little script on the series that say something about the Forresters.

• I'll highly doubt this game will come out this year.

Minecraft: Story Mode - Episode 5 is yet to come, TWD: Michonne will probably go from here to May, Batman will start in June or July and TWD: Season Three will start in October/November/December. So I'm waiting for this game and Marvel game to be releaed in 2017 the earliest.

• Probably, but I still have some hope left that Telltale didn't crush from my very being.

ZillionJape posted: »

I'll highly doubt this game will come out this year. Minecraft: Story Mode - Episode 5 is yet to come, TWD: Michonne will probably go fro

• edited February 2016

Just saying for speculation purposes, when do any of you think we will start hearing news about Season 2?, me personally I think we will hear news about season 2 in July while season 3 of walking dead is well under way

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Batman is due to release this year and as they have hinted that TWD season 3 could also release this year i don't expect to see any news about Game of Thrones until after one of those has finished which could very late this year or at some point next year.

Just saying for speculation purposes, when do any of you think we will start hearing news about Season 2?, me personally I think we will hear news about season 2 in July while season 3 of walking dead is well under way

• Probably around E3 or around the the fourth quarter of this year.

• Im the opposite i hated TFTB and loved GOT

GSSalvador posted: »

I'd rather have 1 Absolutely stunning game than 2 "good" Games. (TFTBL was Absolutely Awesome But GoT in the other Hand...). Of course the m

• TEWR2 Xbox 360 has the witcher 2 enhanced edition. Great fuckin game

TEWR2 posted: »

played the first one on my laptop and liked it, but said laptop couldn't even get the second one to finish downloading and it was the only d

• Actually, if this tweet from Job Stauffer is any indication...

Major news on #GoT coming VERY soon. #TWD: Michonne Mini-Series info also coming. Our 2016 lineup is a lot like a TV schedule!

...then it looks like we could get Game of Thrones: Season 2 this year. I am as surprised as you are, but it does sound like we could have a year where we get some Walking Dead: Season 3, Game of Thrones: Season 2, Batman, Minecraft, Michonne, and possibly the Super Show if that was not pushed back (which I'm thinking it was, as they originally hinted we would know who they were working with by last Summer).

There have been recent hints that Telltale will continue to look into quick episode releases for other upcoming series just like they did for Minecraft: Story Mode, so unlike the past few years during and after Walking Dead: Season 1, I can see Seasons taking 5-6 months to release as opposed to 6-11 months, which is a great thing in my book. Assuming that Telltale goes back to quick releases, I think their efforts to push for a larger amount of series going on in one year will make sense.

ZillionJape posted: »

I'll highly doubt this game will come out this year. Minecraft: Story Mode - Episode 5 is yet to come, TWD: Michonne will probably go fro

• Actually, I'm kind of thinking the opposite - in my opinion, I think we could get Game of Thrones: Season 2 as one of the earlier series this year, since Seasons 1 and 2 of Thrones were said to be designed around each other and will lead into each other more, whereas for other Telltale sequels like Walking Dead, the stories for each Season are more self-contained and mostly stick to references from taking place after previous Seasons.

OzzyUK posted: »

Batman is due to release this year and as they have hinted that TWD season 3 could also release this year i don't expect to see any news abo

• It is posts like theses that lights my day. :)

Actually, I'm kind of thinking the opposite - in my opinion, I think we could get Game of Thrones: Season 2 as one of the earlier series thi

• You Really HATED TftBL? I mean i don't Hate got, i just didnt like ist As much As others Do. But opinions i guess...

Im the opposite i hated TFTB and loved GOT

• If they will make shorter releases, like five episodes is five months, or episodes from every game like every other month, I hope they either don't burn themselves out, or that the Episodes are as short as Minecraft: Story Mode - Episode 2 (though, it was a good episode, but short).

Who knows, my most anticipated game for the year is Batman, as it will seriously be like crossover of The Wolf Among Us (detective work) and Tales from the Borderlands (I don't know about anybody else, but I thought Tales from the Borderlands had the best fighting controls and fighting scenes in any Telltale game).

Actually, if this tweet from Job Stauffer is any indication... Major news on #GoT coming VERY soon. #TWD: Michonne Mini-Series info al

• Telltale could be using Michonne as a way to bridge the time gap that will be in between the end of Mincraft story mode and the beginning of TWD season 3. My guess is minecraft story mode ends, Michonne starts a few weeks later, Michonne ends a few months later, wait a month or two, batman starts then walking dead starts. As walking dead and batman are going telltale drops news over seasonf two of GOT then at the or close to the end of 2016 GOT season two starts up with another series

Actually, I'm kind of thinking the opposite - in my opinion, I think we could get Game of Thrones: Season 2 as one of the earlier series thi

• You're our motivational speaker! Whenever I read posts like these from you, I get a boost of hope.

• While still waiting for season 2, here's something to take your mind off of that waiting for a while.

MY JUNK IS NUMB

Sign in to comment in this discussion.