Game of Thrones Season 2 Announced (Future news will be found at the new Pre-Season news thread)

Comments

• Totally agree. I LOVED GoT (and was a little bit deceived that the critics weren't that good..). No news on Season 2 since November. I wonder when Telltale will tease us again about it.

Kizuna22 posted: »

How could anyone not like the game. It was absolutely amazing I was a bit lost in the passing of time since it never says how much time has

• Long waiting time means one of 3 things. Either they scrapped it for whatever reason which would break my heart, they are working on making it good or they are just trying to build up as much hype as possible.

stephanber4 posted: »

Totally agree. I LOVED GoT (and was a little bit deceived that the critics weren't that good..). No news on Season 2 since November. I wonder when Telltale will tease us again about it.

• edited April 2016

I am sure they are still working hard on it. They said it themselves: they usually work on the story for a long time. With all the ways Season 1 could end, they have to make sure S2 can continue while making sense. Also I am not sure we will get some new info until the game gets really deep in development. There's just nothing to say, and it wouldn't be a good idea to already give us a release date, since I am sure not even they know when the game will be ready for release.

Long waiting time means one of 3 things. Either they scrapped it for whatever reason which would break my heart, they are working on making it good or they are just trying to build up as much hype as possible.

• They said that it would be released in 2016 (so they have 7 months left), so, in my opinion, the story is done and they are now developing the game ( I hope !).

Ricoco7891 posted: »

I am sure they are still working hard on it. They said it themselves: they usually work on the story for a long time. With all the ways Seas

• They hinted at it, but they never confirmed anything for certain...

Granted, I would also be surprised if it did not come out this year given Job's tweet that we both are thinking of.

They said that it would be released in 2016 (so they have 7 months left), so, in my opinion, the story is done and they are now developing the game ( I hope !).

• edited April 2016

I really hope we get it this year. S1 was a masterpiece and I can not wait to see how the story picks up from that ending.

They hinted at it, but they never confirmed anything for certain... Granted, I would also be surprised if it did not come out this year given Job's tweet that we both are thinking of.

• edited April 2016

Season 1 was extremely branched I didn't get the best ending I feel like I got pretty much the worst but I must see what happened to Asher after Royland and Talia found him and also what will happen to Gared in the North Grove.

Ricoco7891 posted: »

I really hope we get it this year. S1 was a masterpiece and I can not wait to see how the story picks up from that ending.

• About the season pass I brought GoT on the 360 and paid for the season pass would I have to buy a new one for season 2

• As Season 2 is a completely different game, yes you will need to buy the season pass for Season 2.

truenova332 posted: »

About the season pass I brought GoT on the 360 and paid for the season pass would I have to buy a new one for season 2

• Of course. If you buy Tomb Raider 1, you won't expect to have Tomb Raider 2 with it. Same thing.

For 25 euros, don't expect to have Season 1, 2, 3 and 4 of GoT (developers need to eat).

truenova332 posted: »

About the season pass I brought GoT on the 360 and paid for the season pass would I have to buy a new one for season 2

• Telltale developers don't need food - they feast of our hopes and dreams. Our tears are nectar to them.

Of course. If you buy Tomb Raider 1, you won't expect to have Tomb Raider 2 with it. Same thing. For 25 euros, don't expect to have Season 1, 2, 3 and 4 of GoT (developers need to eat).

• Don't think bringin the whitehalls into it would be good they are Bolton scum Bolton are Lannister bitches lannisters are the biggest downfall to the realm I say they should give us another season of war war and hate then a 3rd and 4th of accepting each other and fighting the dead and the white walkers would be epic not gonna lie

• edited April 2016

Boltons are not Lannister bitches, especially after Tywin's death. They have cut all ties with the Lannisters at the beginning of Season 5.

And there are good Bolton loyalists just as there are bad Stark loyalists.

Don't think bringin the whitehalls into it would be good they are Bolton scum Bolton are Lannister bitches lannisters are the biggest downfa

• I love this game and i hope they don't keep us waiting too long.

• LOL so true xD

Blockb0ys posted: »

Telltale developers don't need food - they feast of our hopes and dreams. Our tears are nectar to them.

• If you think about how much telltale has on their plate right now, Minecraft Story Mode episode 6-8 followed up by Walking Dead season 3 and Batman. My guess would be we would see Game of thrones season 2 along woth telltales unnamed Marval series sometime in 2017. Just a guess though.

• I'm thinking we'll get got at the same time we got the first episode of got s1. It will go parallel (spellng?) With twd s3 which will come about that time aswell. And maybe the last couple episodes of my man Batman.

• "Cut all ties" is a bit of an exaggeration, but the wedding that was arranged (not going to say any more substantive spoilers) worsened their relationship, although we aren't really shown any repercussions.

Boltons are not Lannister bitches, especially after Tywin's death. They have cut all ties with the Lannisters at the beginning of Season 5. And there are good Bolton loyalists just as there are bad Stark loyalists.

• 2017 is pretty realistic

If you think about how much telltale has on their plate right now, Minecraft Story Mode episode 6-8 followed up by Walking Dead season 3 and

• I know nothing has really been announced but what is a realistic release window for season 2? I was thinking we could get the first episode in December perhaps..

• Honestly, I'm kind of clueless at this point. I was normally expecting a fairly quick segue between Season 1 and Season 2 given the open ended nature of Season 1's ending and all of the unresolved cliffhangers, but at this point, it seems that we might not be getting it until later. Job hinted in a previous tweet back in 2015 that "Our 2016 lineup is a lot like a TV schedule" in the same tweet he strongly hints at the Season 2 announcement (alongside Walking Dead: Michonne), but given that we already have Michonne, Minecraft Episodes 5-8, Walking Dead: Season 3, and Batman this year, I don't know if they would be able to get a quick start on Season 2 of Thrones.

Telltale has sized up last year to a point to where they have enough teams to work on 3-4 games at once. Michonne is done, but they are still working on Minecraft/Dead Season 3/Batman. Maybe the team that worked on Michonne could move on to Thrones: Season 2, but that remains to be seen.

I know nothing has really been announced but what is a realistic release window for season 2? I was thinking we could get the first episode in December perhaps..

• Im right there with you, because of the season 1 ending and what not. But i guess they are waiting on the tv-show since there are no books to go after at this point.

Honestly, I'm kind of clueless at this point. I was normally expecting a fairly quick segue between Season 1 and Season 2 given the open end

• edited May 2016

They actually do hint just a little at how much time has passed, although they never say exactly, in episode 6 when Gared is talking to Elsera & Josera, he does tell them about Lord Forrester saying something along the lines of ".... months ago at the Twins."

As a side note: The events in the game series begin towards the end of Season Three of the TV show, and end right before the beginning of Season Five.

How could anyone not like the game. It was absolutely amazing I was a bit lost in the passing of time since it never says how much time has

• i need season 2 now.... i remember on november 16, 2015 i was messaging my friend who also had the game. I accidentily typed Game of Thrones is gonna be AMAZON is stead of amazing because i was so fucking hyped.

• Only reason the boktons truley leave the Lannister behind is because of Ramsey, Boltons r doing what the lannisters r doing and that's trying to look out for them selfs and destroy any one in the way they r the lannisters of the north and need destroying! U obv love rape and murder more then loyalties

Boltons are not Lannister bitches, especially after Tywin's death. They have cut all ties with the Lannisters at the beginning of Season 5. And there are good Bolton loyalists just as there are bad Stark loyalists.

• And Boltons on a whole r snakey house to them selfs and others stark house on a whole is loyal to the realm and others Boltons are one of the worst houses never to be ac accepted

• Maybe there won't be a Season 2 at all for 2016...

• it's impossible to predict that atm, we are only halfway through the year.

Harian96 posted: »

Maybe there won't be a Season 2 at all for 2016...

• I'm just wondering what's coming to come first, GoT S2 or TWD S3?

it's impossible to predict that atm, we are only halfway through the year.

• Oh I sure hope its GOT...

I'm just wondering what's coming to come first, GoT S2 or TWD S3?

• Oh, it would be very nice to get some news right about now...

• I'm almost certain Walking Dead: Season 3 is coming first at this point; they've talked about it more than Season 2 of Thrones.

I'm just wondering what's coming to come first, GoT S2 or TWD S3?

• Yes. I'm starting to believe that, It's just that GOT is my favorite Telltale game and It would be very cool to play it while the show is in a season.

I'm almost certain Walking Dead: Season 3 is coming first at this point; they've talked about it more than Season 2 of Thrones.

• I think they'd want to wait until the end of season 6 before they start moving on with season 2 of GoT. I mean if they hope to continuously follow the GoT source material, they probably don't want to ruin anything before it gets good.

But then again why would we have stayed north of Winter is almost here? I feel like the Gared beginning will be not as varried as we'd hope. Also please bring Jon back. I need my Gared and Jon bromance to continue. Hopefully the north grove is near Hardhome

• I hope Season 2 will be more unique than Season 1.
    Season 1 mirrored the story of the Starks a bit too much in my opinion. I hope they branch out with Season 2.
    Other than that I can't wait. Season 1 was actually my introduction to the world of Game of Thrones, so it's got a special place in my heart.

• I do believe a majority of players are getting more involved in the survival of House Forrester than the survival of a lone kid that ends up being you, no matter how much we can like Clem. Plus in TWD you have no family. The survival is there in both games, yet the politics and the attractiveness of the good guys in GoT inspires me more, and I believe that must be the case of the majority of those that know both games. Not to say TWD isn't good, but the GoT story gets you really into the game and you forget you're actually playing. Made me an impetuous fan(atic) of house Forrester. To me, clearly the Telltale game that gets you into it the most is GoT, and the story still has A LOT of potential, ananswered questions, and suspense. Once again you defend more than your life and sometimes you even have the opportunity to sacrifice it (Rodrik's death for his little brother, Ethan's death for his sister, Mira's death for her family and Tom's life). And finally a medieval world is far more motivating and immersive than the rather depressing sight of a hopeless and doomed rotting world.

Yes. I'm starting to believe that, It's just that GOT is my favorite Telltale game and It would be very cool to play it while the show is in a season.

• Yup, I hope the other games they're developing right now are worth the waiting for GoT.

AsheRodrik posted: »

I love this game and i hope they don't keep us waiting too long.

• edited June 2016

During S1 I was surprised to see that Lord Gregor, with all the ironwood he had, did not wear at least the armor Harrys had. I mean a lord is supposed to be better protected than a captain... Another strange thing is that lord Gregor was burned with his armor on. I bet any Forrester bannerman could have used it. After Rodrik's death Asher does not put on his brother's armor before coming out of the hall. Also I see plate arm/shoulder plates but no breatplate. Protecting the arms like that without having at least mail for the bust is weird. Also, arm plate protection make your arm movements slower.
    Either way it's not right to have to fight 1 vs 10 against an enemy with better military equipment.
    Would be nice to have countable and useful money in S2, and after fleeing to safety as Asher/Rodrik, get a place to lay low, and do some little jobs for money. With the money you could buy yourself armor (chainmail and plate), different sorts of weapons to your liking, with each weapon/armor part having its price, advantages and disadvantages (trade speed in combat for armor protection). Could customize your Asher/Rodrik to your preferred fighting style (Red Viper style or Harrys style) which would then have consequences during combat. Buying a longbow/crossbow, making arrows out of ironwood, making your own ironwood shield, or buy a massive steel shield. Go agressive two-handed with a battleaxe or greatsword or defensive with a standard sword and shield. I'd LOVE to pay an Essosi armourer to make me a steel breastplate with a large, carved Forrester sigil on it, and as Asher I still got Gold from the cave. Oh and the side missions should be discretionary, and the best paying would be the most infamous and low ones (choice: trade, or not, your honor for gold (armor/weapons). I'd absolutely love working as Asher to buy Talia and Beskha their own armor too :D. Are you willing to beome a villain so that you, Beskha and Talia can all have their own armor in case of need? Trade your honor for your family, or don't. This should have consequences too :^) Sellsword work, mostly. Maybe some aggressive missions. Maybe some bandit stagecoach attacks too. Defensive missions as well (defend the stagecoach, but for less gold).
    I'd like to have a choice like this (well, at least some kind of choice between swords): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakeshott_typology

• Also, each of those swords has a different efficiency in cut and thrust. The more dangerous the blade, however, the heavier it seems to get, and the slower you are with it. The french version of this wikipedia article does inform about how efficient those swords were at the cutting/thrusting job.
    • Each armour type has its efficiencies against different types of attacks. Mail is weak against arrows and warhammers, but efficient against sword slashes. Then once again there is cotted and riveted mail, with riveted being far better. Plate armour is clearly the best at everything. And you should have the opportunity to wear mail under your steel brestplate.
    • You should also have the right to own a horse, and buy a spear to use it when charging.
  • Well, it's not a rpg.

You point some flaws -some don't have sense: wearing the armors your dead papa or dead brother wore while dying is a bit creepy, not to mention the size might not match.

Or basically concerning the "lack" of protection of Gregor's armor:

Gregor is wearing the same armor as the King in the North. There are mail behind the leather.

Also you made a huge list but didn't mention that except Harys no one wear an helmet, which is a pretty big deal.

The thing is all these stuffs about weapon, armor and fighting aren't the main objective of the game,but more an additional trait to make it more believable. The game is more about storytelling, politics, than a rpg à la Skyrim imo (not that I don't like this kind of game, but there's a confusion between what the first season was and what you expected)

If you seek a game like that though, Mount and Blade should fit your expectations, there's even a got mod.

During S1 I was surprised to see that Lord Gregor, with all the ironwood he had, did not wear at least the armor Harrys had. I mean a lord i

• edited June 2016

I disagree with your point of view concerning the creepy side. Even Margaery's bro uses his lover's armor at the assault of king's landing, which is by the way symbolic. When in combat, you need to give yourself all the chances you can to make it out. Normally, you don't have the luxury to think about what is creepy. By the way, you still fight with your father's sword anyway, and brother's if you end S1 as Asher, like me. It's a symbol of continuing the fight, you honor the one that carried the sword by fighting on. So what's creepier with armor? Concerning the sizes, you got a point. Yet I believe out of 50 men they could have found someone that can use it. About Robb and Gregor, it's strange they have less protection than Harrys. And indeed, Harrys has a helmet that actually protects his face, more or less. Better than the Forrester helmets anyway. You are totally right about the fact the game is about making choices. But armor/weapon purchases are an excuse to force the player to do more choices. Armor costs money, and you get it either ethically (red choice) or by any means necessary (blue choice). And those choices, if they don't have combat consequences, could at least be determinant to the survival of those that are wearing armor. Another choice: you don't have enough gold to protect all of those you'd like. So it's either for Beskha or for you, or Talia. This way you sort of endanger someone, the one that doesn't get the armour. And, given other bad choices, could be determinant to the survival of one of the characters (Asher/Rodrik, Beskha, Talia, Malcolm). So yes military equipment is not the purpose of any telltale game, as combat isn't the purpose either. Yet customizing the hero's appearance could make him at least cosmetically badass in combat. But the choices you make about making money and how (or not making it), who to equip could be determinant since I expect S2 is going to be about surviving. At least in the first episodes I'd expect more survival and less politics. Either way, these are mere ideas to help enrich the game, not to change its purpose nor overall gameplay, which would be then a bad thing for a telltale game.

Euron posted: »

Well, it's not a rpg. You point some flaws -some don't have sense: wearing the armors your dead papa or dead brother wore while dying is

Sign in to comment in this discussion.