Game of Thrones Season 2 Announced (Future news will be found at the new Pre-Season news thread)

Comments

• Oh my god I cannot wait for this season to come out. I'm both so excited and nervous to see what TTG does now... but if they kill Asher/Rodrik I will be disappointed on so many levels.

• Keep your fingers crossed, homie.

Oh my god I cannot wait for this season to come out. I'm both so excited and nervous to see what TTG does now... but if they kill Asher/Rodrik I will be disappointed on so many levels.

• edited July 2016

You and me both, mate...

I just can't see who can carry the North story forward other than Asher/Rodrik. I can see that Ryon might do that, but considering how much we invest ourselves into Rodrik/Asher and how we developed their characters, it will be a huge waste to have them killed off.

Oh my god I cannot wait for this season to come out. I'm both so excited and nervous to see what TTG does now... but if they kill Asher/Rodrik I will be disappointed on so many levels.

• I don't have a clue. They've kept really quite about it ever since they announced it. I'm hoping that they share some news around when Batman finishes.

Since Telltale aim to release all Batman episodes this year and if they succeeds, do you guys think that we will hear more news on Game of Thrones Season 2 next year or even during winter season?

• Yes, but the timing of the episode releases following the first episode allowed them to put out three episodes in close proximity with the show's S5; the release schedule was clearly designed with this in mind.

We don't have a confirmed release date for the show's S7 yet, but in the likely event that Telltale are following the same plan as their S1 releases, you could assume that they'll be releasing most of the season alongside the show itself.

I don't really think that will affect when Season 2 is going to get release. The first season got released in December 2014, about four mont

• So do you guys think that everyone will get a redesign in Season 2? Or do you prefer that they generally look the same but the environment and graphic is improved?

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited July 2016

I could see a similar change taking place kind of like the change from Season 2 of Walking Dead to Season 3, where the characters are still stylized but a lot more realistic looking as well. Since the textures for Season 3 look higher resolution, I could see that carrying over to Season 2 of Thrones as well and making a huge improvement for those character models.

Since Telltale's oil painting art style for Thrones was not as polished as their comic art style since it was newer, I could see both the new engine and their experience from working on Season 1's art style leading to an updated art style for Season 2 that is pretty heavily upgraded overall.

So do you guys think that everyone will get a redesign in Season 2? Or do you prefer that they generally look the same but the environment and graphic is improved?

• Please add more season for game of thrones I love this game, please I beg you I want to know what happened next to house Forrester

I could see a similar change taking place kind of like the change from Season 2 of Walking Dead to Season 3, where the characters are still

• Moderators are just community volunteers; we aren't staff members. ;)

Please add more season for game of thrones I love this game, please I beg you I want to know what happened next to house Forrester

• wait is it confirmed that all of tell tale's games will use the new engine not just walking dead s3? dose this mean the price will be rasied?

On the upside, think how good Game of Thrones Season 2 will look in the new engine. Compare Walking Dead Season 3's trailer to a screenshot from Season 1 or 2, and imagine that level of an upgrade for Thrones. That makes it worth the wait in my book.

• All of Telltale's games starting with Batman and Walking Dead: Season 3 will use the new engine, but that should not raise the price. Telltale has made minor upgrades to their engine for past titles (like they did around the time of Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead: Season 2), but the price of episodes were not raised then.

wait is it confirmed that all of tell tale's games will use the new engine not just walking dead s3? dose this mean the price will be rasied?

• enter image description here

hopefully they dont die in the first few mins like omid in S2 of walking dead people would be pissed off

• thank you Sniper you layed my fears to rest.

All of Telltale's games starting with Batman and Walking Dead: Season 3 will use the new engine, but that should not raise the price. Tellta

• OmidNeverForget

hopefully they dont die in the first few mins like omid in S2 of walking dead people would be pissed off

• edited July 2016

OmidNeverForget

agreed with you 100% Dave

OmidNeverForget

• I would like to think that they learned their lesson about cheap shock deaths 10 minutes into the season but you never know.

Honestly I feel like they will recover because if not, why even bother having them rescued and shown in the epilogue? If they were gonna die they should have died in battle

• Ryon is gonna take at least 10 years to be old enough to rule and fight properly. So if Asher/Rodrik dies it's going to be probably over for House Forrester, unless Beskha's mind and fighting does the job but she cares not about Houses and politics. Who wants to choose between fighting alongside Jon (and Gared?) against Ramsay or help Daenerys in Essos to prep for a total Westeros invasion? That would be a hard choice.

You and me both, mate... I just can't see who can carry the North story forward other than Asher/Rodrik. I can see that Ryon might do tha

• TTG has announced that only 3 games are going to be released this year, right? So 2017 is sort of inevitable. Hopefully january tho :D

I don't really think that will affect when Season 2 is going to get release. The first season got released in December 2014, about four mont

• But seriously though, when will Season 2 be coming out?

• It really is torture. Why no news about the second season?

• Telltale typically doesn't discuss games that are further off that much. This was the same case with Season 3 of Walking Dead (it was announced in July 2014, and they did not talk about it again in much detail until April 2016), and it is currently the same case with the Marvel series and the Super Show as well. You can expect more details about the series as they get closer to launch, or when they otherwise have a lot more information to show. Telltale's games are heavily story based, so unlike typical video games, they don't have the privilege of being able to show off lots of the game in advance.

It really is torture. Why no news about the second season?

• I am guessing the series is going to probably come in 2017. 2016 is already crowded with Batman, Season 3, and the Minecraft DLC Episodes (on top of Michonne which finished earlier this year)

Alliproc posted: »

But seriously though, when will Season 2 be coming out?

• TTG has announced that only 3 games are going to be released this year, right?

The Minecraft Adventure Pass is kind of its own mini series as well (expect its DLC), so you could say that they actually made four games this year.

That would be Minecraft Episodes 5-8, Michonne, Batman, and Season 3. Batman is aiming to have all of its episodes out this year (with a slight possibility of Episode 5 being pushed into January), and I could see Season 3 of Walking Dead having a few episodes out this year as well now that Telltale is going back to monthly episode releases.

TTG has announced that only 3 games are going to be released this year, right? So 2017 is sort of inevitable. Hopefully january tho

• I hope that when Season 2 arrives, I truly hope that the cover will be something like in the 2012 video game. Just with Rodrik and Asher instead. That would seriously be supremely awesome.

enter image description here

• I think season 2 will come out around the time season 3 of TWD ends.

• I'm thinking that Marvel or the first Super Show would probably come first. I could see Season 2 coming later than that...

I think season 2 will come out around the time season 3 of TWD ends.

• It's just a shame that they won't even give us an approximate date.

I am guessing the series is going to probably come in 2017. 2016 is already crowded with Batman, Season 3, and the Minecraft DLC Episodes (on top of Michonne which finished earlier this year)

• So...when is it coming? :(

• They generally don't have an approximate date until we get close to the game's launch. As was the case with Marvel, Walking Dead Season 3, Super Show, etc, it's going to be a longer while before we hear more news on Season 2 most likely.

Alliproc posted: »

It's just a shame that they won't even give us an approximate date.

• Yupp. Since that was really the only supremely awesome thing with the game, the rest was just so mediocre.

I hope that when Season 2 arrives, I truly hope that the cover will be something like in the 2012 video game. Just with Rodrik and Asher instead. That would seriously be supremely awesome.

• When winter will come. ;)

Okay, I used the reference in the worst way possible, I'll see myself out.

So...when is it coming?

• Thanks for the info.

Telltale typically doesn't discuss games that are further off that much. This was the same case with Season 3 of Walking Dead (it was announ

• I'm really hoping Telltale doesn't take the easy way out by killing off Rodrik/Asher in the first episode, or halfway through season 2. One character can easily fill in the other's shoes, and frankly, I'd rather see our decision of keeping either Rodrik or Asher alive stretched out into three whole seasons, if possible.

• I agree. Even for a series that is fond of killing of main characters, there is a point that killing off too important characters can be very damaging to the story since their story serve as the foundation for the plot.

The reason why the Rodrik and Asher choice works is because they are:

• Both are tied to the conflict with the Whitehills, Rodrik suffering the Red Wedding and humiliation from them, Asher having an affair with Gwyn that leads to tension and near open war.

• They are both have an important relation with their father. Rodrik having a good relation with him, while Asher has a stained relation with him. I am pointing out this out because if the revelation about Josera and Elsera is going to have any meaning and effect, it has to be when they meet either one of them.

• Unless Season 2 makes me change my opinion, no one else can carry the House Forrester storyline as they do. The whole season, both Asher and Rodrik develop and shape how they are going to be a leader. It will be a huge waste for all this development to go to waste.

These are just my points and theories. I could be wrong, but even in the face of such uncertainty, I still have hope. :)

((Yes Telltale, I am giving my hope on a silver plate. Feel free to crush and eat it.))

I'm really hoping Telltale doesn't take the easy way out by killing off Rodrik/Asher in the first episode, or halfway through season 2. One

• Good point, 4 games then. Well, could be 5 with GoT, but unless they hire enough, the more they develop other stuff, the more they delay GoT. Sadly...

TTG has announced that only 3 games are going to be released this year, right? The Minecraft Adventure Pass is kind of its own mini

• They must have plans for the surviving brother. Also I saw some walkthrus in which if you execute the traitor and do an ambush your Asher does not "wake up". Is he dead? I wonder if there is going to be a choice decisive enough (or unlucky enough) to end up falling into Whitehill custody while escaping. Or will we inevitably end up prisoners and fail the escape? Or will there be no such possible outcome? In case we can escape successfully, will we have the choice where to escape to? For example Rillwater Crossing or Meereen? I mean we got to look for allies to cover, right?

I would like to think that they learned their lesson about cheap shock deaths 10 minutes into the season but you never know. Honestly I f

• They did proclaim Jon "King in the North", so I doubt that Dany would just allow the entire north to seceded into its own kingdom. But who knows with the white walkers coming down anything could happen.

Bolton army destroyed. That means Whitehills are taken down as well. So I guess Asher/Rodrik fight beside Jon maybe with Gared if you head south. The main question is do we get a Targaryen vs Stark battle or do they ally against Cersei?

• I think that since Batman and TWD will be running at the same time I think Marvel and GOT could do that as well. with MCSM ending this summer that would be a good way to tie up loose ends on all the projects they need to do.

I'm thinking that Marvel or the first Super Show would probably come first. I could see Season 2 coming later than that...

• edited August 2016

I completely agree. They both have strained romantic relationships as well. For Rodrik, he will either have to deal with an imprisoned (possibly pregnant) Elaena in the hands of Ludd or worse, Gryff, or have Elaena feel betrayed as she returns home, probably believing him dead.

For Asher he has Gwyn who will either feel betrayed and will not want too speak with him again, or who aids him with his injuries but is most likely shunned by her family. The latter Gwyn is the most intriguing to me, because her role is not just limited to "Elaena equivalent", but instead expanded to fill the role of "Duncan/Royland equivalent".

Edit: Now that I think about it, it would have been cool if there was a way Elaena could have showed up in Rodrik's ending like Gwyn did for Asher. Maybe if you won the betrothal and made her leave Ironrath, and defying his wishes, she would have instead gone looking for him and Talia after the battle.

I agree. Even for a series that is fond of killing of main characters, there is a point that killing off too important characters can be ver

• Am I the only one that's excited, or is everyone here just because.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.