Game of Thrones Season 2 Announced (Future news will be found at the new Pre-Season news thread)

Comments

• I wonder how far the story is determined. I mean whether or not there's only developer work left or the story is still being worked on. Perhaps knowing that the story is still being worked on could encourage some guys here to propose inspiring ideas. But maybe it's too late for that.

Honestly, I'm kind of clueless at this point. I was normally expecting a fairly quick segue between Season 1 and Season 2 given the open end

• Please when is the GoT season 2 coming?And also please check the graphics next time

• How will season 2 recognize my saves and progression... will I just have to keep the app installed till the release date? What if I switch devices?

• [I am only a community moderator who is a volunteer - not a Telltale Staff member]

If it's anything like Walking Dead: Season 1 and Season 2, you will need to have a save file from Season 1 to read over. Season 2 will most likely be a separate app, but it will read a save file from Season 1. For the time being, I do not think that Game of Thrones Season 1 supported Cloud Saves so you might have to play on the same device. However, Season 3 of Walking Dead is hinted to have a new method of importing saves using Cloud Saving even if you originally played Season 1/2 on different platforms.

For the time being, we might have to wait and see if the advancements from Walking Dead Season 3 carry over to Game of Thrones Season 2. That being said, I would keep the app for now (but I think only Episode 1 has to be installed; check Telltale Support Center's support articles for more information on this).

How will season 2 recognize my saves and progression... will I just have to keep the app installed till the release date? What if I switch devices?

• TTG typically does two series at a time, right? So we can expect GoT after Batman and probably still while TWD s3 is still releasing?

• Honestly, I don't know. After Wolf/Dead Season 2, there were a few months of downtime between those games and Tales/Thrones, but Telltale is bigger now so I dunno. I would not expect it immediately soon after Walking Dead Season 3, but I would expect that to be one of the two games that come in the next pair after Batman/Walking Dead Season 3.

TTG typically does two series at a time, right? So we can expect GoT after Batman and probably still while TWD s3 is still releasing?

• I think we won't see Thrones until 2017, with TWDS3 coming in Autumn and Batman.. doesn't look good :/

• What I'm saying is that it's not looking good for Thrones this year.

IR0NR4TH posted: »

I think we won't see Thrones until 2017, with TWDS3 coming in Autumn and Batman.. doesn't look good

• On the upside, think how good Game of Thrones Season 2 will look in the new engine. Compare Walking Dead Season 3's trailer to a screenshot from Season 1 or 2, and imagine that level of an upgrade for Thrones. That makes it worth the wait in my book.

What I'm saying is that it's not looking good for Thrones this year.

• I really didn't think Thrones S1 engine/graphics looked all that bad, it's like the graphics were set because it was back so long ago.

Agreed, some graphics were a little bad but not the overall thing.

I just hope Batman comes soon then finishes before TWDS3 premiere, then we get Thrones in December.

On the upside, think how good Game of Thrones Season 2 will look in the new engine. Compare Walking Dead Season 3's trailer to a screenshot from Season 1 or 2, and imagine that level of an upgrade for Thrones. That makes it worth the wait in my book.

• edited June 2016

Well, at least we can watch and see how the Walking Dead Season 3 plays out and from there make a guess how Season 2 will precede. :)

But didn't Telltale mention that they plan to release three games in one year?

I think we won't see Thrones until 2017, with TWDS3 coming in Autumn and Batman.. doesn't look good

• edited June 2016

GoT S1 got some nice graphics indeed. Some magazines did criticize texture quality when looked from close, but I personally found that insignificant and hardly noticeable. The painting textures are real beautiful and nice. For me, were more problematic the pommel/handle of some swords entering the kidneys of some characters when they were walking. Can be funny to watch but it also takes you away from the action. Instead of thinking, "Damn is he gonna make it?" you think "Oh oh, glitch! :D". Also I remember still having the key as Mira sticky to my hand coming out of Margaery's room after being yelled upon. Was another funny glitch. Finally, as Mira again walking into that throne room in E1, there's a sword to the right flying in the air all by itself. But apart from that it's more the illusional choice consequence as for example what you say to Gregor that is a problem. Also, some logical flaws in the plot were a weakness (Royland being a spying traitor, Harys having more armor protection than Robb Stark himself, a moronic plan to assassinate Ludd when whatever happens to him obviously won't stop the Whitehills from continuing the assault, and so on). Just to say graphics is not the problem of the series, or if we're demanding, not the most immediate one. Finally good graphics mean good computer or low fps. So I hope there's still a S1 quality mode for those of us that don't have a GTX.

I really didn't think Thrones S1 engine/graphics looked all that bad, it's like the graphics were set because it was back so long ago. A

• Do you think a contingent of the Forrester army might be among Jon Snow's forces to retake Winterfell from Ramsay Bolton?

Though technically they are vassals of House Glover who refused to help in retaking Winterfell, the Forresters obviously stand to gain if they're freed to Bolton control (who are lieges to the Whitehills) and are governed by the Starks once more. Therefore if Winterfell is retaken, it might just be the trump card for the Forresters, restoring them to the old staus quo where they thrived.

Of course Season 2 will probably cover Season 5 of the TV show. It was mentioned in A Dance with Dragons that Lady Sybelle Glover provided scouts from House Forrester to Stannis Baratheon for his march on Winterfell through the wolfswood. (http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Forrester)

While Stannis is no Stark, had he successfully taken Winterfell it would have been a major blow towards Bolton rule of the North - and the Forresters would have an easier time without the Boltons.

Maybe they did join Stannis - though might have deserted after Shireen's death. Even if they didn't, Stannis's ultimate failure would spell another indirect defeat for the Forresters.

I really wonder which TV storylines will be incorporated in Season 2. Of course given the current state of Ironrath, House Forrester doesn't seem in a position to help anyone. And since the game doesn't follow the book canon, the Forresters might not have aided Stannis at all.

• Since Season 2 got announced a week or two after Season 1 finished, I think Telltale has been working on the new season. Who knows, I will be extremely happy if they release Season 2 during Winter like they did in 2014.

ranger563 posted: »

https://twitter.com/arthurvonnagel/status/743300089578323968 so this happened....S2 sooner than we think?

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2016

Interesting update. I added this to the Season 2 Pre-Season News Thread!

https://twitter.com/arthurvonnagel/status/743300089578323968 so this happened....S2 sooner than we think?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

They appear to be in Los Angeles (according to the tweet location) which means it's not Telltale's writing room so i wonder if they are having some sort of meeting with some writers from HBO.

• I checked back on Twitter; a fan asked about it and ArthurV said it was just about the Season 1 writers getting together and it wasn't related to Season 2.

OzzyUK posted: »

They appear to be in Los Angeles (according to the tweet location) which means it's not Telltale's writing room so i wonder if they are having some sort of meeting with some writers from HBO.

• ArthurVArthurV Telltale Alumni

Yup, I was in LA all week directing, so I was all jazzed to grab dinner with some of our season 1 external writers. They're great. Lindsey worked on Agent Carter, Jerome's on Once Upon a Time, and Jeremy's on Rizzoli & Isles. Super nice, cool people.

I checked back on Twitter; a fan asked about it and ArthurV said it was just about the Season 1 writers getting together and it wasn't related to Season 2.

• Yes. And so they did. Michonne, Batman and TWD S3. And we are also getting MCSM episodes. 3 games will be released this year, as far as we know.

Well, at least we can watch and see how the Walking Dead Season 3 plays out and from there make a guess how Season 2 will precede. But didn't Telltale mention that they plan to release three games in one year?

• Dude! We need this right now! I can't get enough of Game of Thrones considering the last episode as of late! I really hope we see something in January or somewhere near Season 7 of the show! Maybe that's what they're doing. Waiting till Season 7 and then announce that an episode might come out.

• U died in m playthough

During S1 I was surprised to see that Lord Gregor, with all the ironwood he had, did not wear at least the armor Harrys had. I mean a lord i

• Now george needs 2 put something in his book

On the upside, think how good Game of Thrones Season 2 will look in the new engine. Compare Walking Dead Season 3's trailer to a screenshot from Season 1 or 2, and imagine that level of an upgrade for Thrones. That makes it worth the wait in my book.

• Sorry diff chose but asher dont madder thou whitehills won

I disagree with your point of view concerning the creepy side. Even Margaery's bro uses his lover's armor at the assault of king's landing,

• Dude waiting just began, just been 7-8 months i guess since announcement

Dude! We need this right now! I can't get enough of Game of Thrones considering the last episode as of late! I really hope we see something

• Are we sure that the graphics in the teaser weren't ONLY for the teaser?

• edited June 2016

Why didn't the Whitehills aid the Boltons in the Battle of Winterfell?

• They will never be shown on the show. It's very probable that they did aid the Boltons and fought in the BotB but we'll only learn that if Telltale shows it in S2 of the game.

Nik02003 posted: »

• Those were graphics from Telltale's updated engine. Those are also going to be in Season 3.

Are we sure that the graphics in the teaser weren't ONLY for the teaser?

• I died in mine as well. It's now up to my little brother and his GF. (Got a Gwyn ending)

• edited July 2016

4 now. S2 shall be about surviving, rebuilding, and vengeance

• edited July 2016

Bolton army destroyed. That means Whitehills are taken down as well. So I guess Asher/Rodrik fight beside Jon maybe with Gared if you head south. The main question is do we get a Targaryen vs Stark battle or do they ally against Cersei?

• As was said it's not an RPG, so literally none of this will ever happen,nor does any of it matter. The closest thing would be the Cyanide game which was just about a Lannister bannerman and Red Priest. This is a Telltale game, meaning the story is the only thing that matters, and frankly, they did a great job with this game - even though their story did certainly mirror the Starks too much. Putting in too much gameplay diminishes the story.

During S1 I was surprised to see that Lord Gregor, with all the ironwood he had, did not wear at least the armor Harrys had. I mean a lord i

• There's nothing wrong with the graphics.

DAVID-VERA posted: »

Please when is the GoT season 2 coming?And also please check the graphics next time

• As was said it's supposed to enrich the game. An addition only makes it richer, and does NOT diminish the story. Plus it could make it have an impact on the story depending on the choices you make, which should be basically based on doing the right thing or the smart thing, as usual. And it is a role playing game. You play as a Forrester. It's even more an RPG from the fact you play as different characters. S1 was great. Yet I don't appreciate getting thrusted through the whole stomach with a greatsword when even the Romans did wear plate armour. And if you need to (almost) die by the sword in the story then let's make it more realistic so that it actually makes sense and you don't die just because you got hit. I know no lord in history that didn't have the wealth to use at least chainmail as protection. Alongside being realistic, it gives you more stamina in a fight, so that your character doesn't have to be so damn badass in battle dodging blocking everything. I'm getting sort of sick of games when you play as one badass so good in a fight you end up as a one man army. I'm not saying combat stuff shall become the center of the game. I think I outlined that. Neither do I want a medieval FPS, although why not. More fun than just pressing WASD all the time. But that's not the point: I refuse to go down just because my character forgot to pur armor on. It just doesnt make sense and THAT ruins the story for those that have at least some critical thinking abilities.

Grenadeh posted: »

As was said it's not an RPG, so literally none of this will ever happen,nor does any of it matter. The closest thing would be the Cyanide ga

• Since Telltale aim to release all Batman episodes this year and if they succeeds, do you guys think that we will hear more news on Game of Thrones Season 2 next year or even during winter season?

• Apparently production on S7 of the TV show has been pushed back to late this year, so I don't think we'll get S2 til at least mid-2017 at this stage.

Since Telltale aim to release all Batman episodes this year and if they succeeds, do you guys think that we will hear more news on Game of Thrones Season 2 next year or even during winter season?

• Why would the TV-show affect the development of Season 2 of our game?

Apparently production on S7 of the TV show has been pushed back to late this year, so I don't think we'll get S2 til at least mid-2017 at this stage.

• Because the game will make more money if it's released concurrently with the show being broadcast, and they've missed their window for a release during S6.

Why would the TV-show affect the development of Season 2 of our game?

• edited July 2016

I don't really think that will affect when Season 2 is going to get release. The first season got released in December 2014, about four month before the release of Season 5 of the Tv-Show.

And the delay in the production of the Tv-Show might actually help with the sale of Season 2, because people might play the game to satisfy their need to watch the Show. :)

Because the game will make more money if it's released concurrently with the show being broadcast, and they've missed their window for a release during S6.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.