Game of Thrones Season 2 Announced (Future news will be found at the new Pre-Season news thread)

Comments

• Dave your dreams entertain me so much! XD

I haven't had a dream about it for a while but I recently started writing a Season 2 fanfic because I was in a TTGOT mood. :)

For a while we all joked about receiving "Greenseer dreams" while we were waiting for Episode 6. Now I am willing to tell you that I also re

• i am thinking that ryon should be a warg

I may be a naive hopeful fool who won't survive a day in Westeros. But I am certain that the Forrester's fortune will turn in Season 2. I

• Yes, sometimes. But I do like my dreams, at least I can get to see my favorite characters again until the game comes out. :)

Kateis posted: »

Well that dream sounded so nice up until Elaena was murdered. Does your brain like torturing your feels? :P

• at least I can get to see my favorite characters again until the game comes out

I guess that's an upside to your brain having cruel storylines for your dreams.

The only dreams I seem to be having for thrones is a lot of GarJon. It isn't even a story anymore, it's just them being cute and then I wake up. :P

Yes, sometimes. But I do like my dreams, at least I can get to see my favorite characters again until the game comes out.

• Xcom 2 is helping the long wait for news about season 2!

• The long night has arrived

Xcom 2 is helping the long wait for news about season 2!

• Wait.... There's a MARVEL GAME??

ZillionJape posted: »

I'll highly doubt this game will come out this year. Minecraft: Story Mode - Episode 5 is yet to come, TWD: Michonne will probably go fro

• My initial theory before Stannis was killed was that the Forresters would agree to fight alongside him in exchange for his support against the Whitehills, but now...

I may be a naive hopeful fool who won't survive a day in Westeros. But I am certain that the Forrester's fortune will turn in Season 2. I

• I think I'm more excited for GoT season 2 than any other Telltale game ever. Really hope it comes out this year.

• Yup, Telltale announced a Marvel game is coming in 2017 last April. They have not announced any more details than that, such as which Marvel franchise they are making a game off of.

Yaya1314 posted: »

Wait.... There's a MARVEL GAME??

• Job has previously made subtle hints it could come out this year on Twitter, saying that 2016 was going to have a TV-like schedule in the same tweet he teased the Season 2 announcement.

With Telltale having teased in recent interviews that they are sizing up to the point of being able to work on even more series at once and are also prioritizing quick episode releases once more like they had prior to Walking Dead, I could very easily see us getting Batman, Thrones Season 2, and Walking Dead: Season 3 all in 2016. If the Super Show was not delayed, then we could also get that this year as Job had hinted last February that Super Shows would be apart of Telltale's original content in "2016 and beyond."

I think I'm more excited for GoT season 2 than any other Telltale game ever. Really hope it comes out this year.

• Telltale is really gonna kill me with all of their titles that I play and gotta keep on top of lmao

Yup, Telltale announced a Marvel game is coming in 2017 last April. They have not announced any more details than that, such as which Marvel franchise they are making a game off of.

• You are not the only one, mate. Of the Telltale Games, Batman and Game of Thrones Season 2 are the ones I am most excited to play.

I think I'm more excited for GoT season 2 than any other Telltale game ever. Really hope it comes out this year.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2016

I am taking a page out of the Batman forum's book. I have created a Pre-Season News thread that will be used for future updates prior to our Episode 201 Waiting Thread.

This thread is still open, but now it's just for general discussion about Season 2. Prior to when we make our Episode 201 Waiting Thread, you guys are free to make your own threads to discuss news updates or you can share them here if you prefer.

• One ending with different characters?

Blackread posted: »

Given that season 1 had so many different possible endings with so many different character combinations, I really don't see how they are going to be tying up the strings together for season 2. But I guess Telltale knows what they are doing.

• my brother bought this game i wasn't really into telltale games but after i tried it cant wait for the second season

• any news about season 2 ? i hope we can still get it this year but with the amount of games TTG is working on i dont know.

• Yeah, or give us a brief on what happened to rodrick/asher once we are with another character

Lewt_Shogun posted: »

The easiest way would be to kill off everybody that is a determinant character. Lets hope they dont do that, but its Game of Thrones so you never know.

• I remember people waiting on this site for episode six. It was horrible just waiting for it but now that I look back at that time i guess it was kinda fun. Hopefully season 2 comes soon because this game is awesome.

• Job seemingly hinted that we could get the game this year when he teased the Season 2 announcement on Twitter by having said that Telltale's 2016 schedule looked a lot like a TV schedule in the same tweet. Granted, at this point, it seems Telltale has a lot more on their plate (Batman, Season 3 of Walking Dead, Michonne, Minecraft DLC Episodes), but maybe it could still happen.

I remember people waiting on this site for episode six. It was horrible just waiting for it but now that I look back at that time i guess it was kinda fun. Hopefully season 2 comes soon because this game is awesome.

• edited March 2016

Sorry but this will be really long

I had a dream about a sort of medieval-ish thing. There was these 2 boys (Ryan and flinn) who were bestfreinds and they are in this group of people who are running from prosecution by a tyrant king. Then theres a village that they stay at. The kings men rush the village and start to burn houses and kill people. Ryan gets injured and convinces flinn to leave him so that flinn can escape. The soilders find ryan and take him to the king where hes put in prison due to the kings orders. During ryans absence flinn rebuilds the group and makes them stronger. Then ryan escapes with the help of one of his mothers friends. The guy who helped ryan escape gets struck by and arrow on there way out, he later dies from his wounds. Flinn and ryan get back together and prepare for
    A battle against the king. They ally with a group of other rebellions and head for the kings stronghold. Right before the battle there mom reveals that they are the sons of the fallen king(her husband). The previous king was descended from the orginal bloodline then the tyrant king assainated him and took over. During the battle flinn is killed aswell as their mother. It ends with ryan telling the remaindor of his troops that they were the kings and queens of promise and that all but he had fallen. He then tells them that he will reclaim the throne and avenge his family and free the kingdom from the tyrant kings rule and it ends there.

That could make a good story.

Kateis posted: »

at least I can get to see my favorite characters again until the game comes out I guess that's an upside to your brain having cruel

• Anyone think Torrehn Whitehill could be one of the Bolton's 20 good men?

• I'm new to telltale games and all, in fact I've only played GoT so far (but I like the style, will probably pick up The Walking Dead), and I think it would be best to be able to import a save file from S1 when S2 comes out and we start playing it, kind of like Mass Effect, otherwise I think everything else that they do on their own for story, and our choices in first game to not matter, would be impractical.

Blackread posted: »

Given that season 1 had so many different possible endings with so many different character combinations, I really don't see how they are going to be tying up the strings together for season 2. But I guess Telltale knows what they are doing.

• I doubt it - if Torrhen was the heir to House Whitehill, he wouldn't be risked on a mission against Stannis.

Clemenem posted: »

Anyone think Torrehn Whitehill could be one of the Bolton's 20 good men?

• I think it's mentionned he serves Roose Bolton, not Ramsay.

Clemenem posted: »

Anyone think Torrehn Whitehill could be one of the Bolton's 20 good men?

• It is Ramsay who asks Roose for "20 Good Men"

Euron posted: »

I think it's mentionned he serves Roose Bolton, not Ramsay.

• Any idea when season 2 episode 1 is going to be realesed?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Nobody knows any dates yet and nobody at Telltale have hinted at a possible release date so the best thing to do is to keep an eye on Telltale's Twitter, Facebook or Blog for news, you can also keep an eye on this thread or the Season 2: Pre Season News Thread as both threads will have news about season 2 as soon as it's hinted at or if any official news gets released.

AlifAlEmran posted: »

Any idea when season 2 episode 1 is going to be realesed?

• I feel like they could of given two choices for a main ending. The way it ended and a more peaceful way where your blood line is garunteed a life line at iron rath how ever I enjoyed the game and feel like every one who sent the bastards south ignored the whole point of being sent to hold north grove for it never to be lost. For season two I think your uncle over seas with daenarys could be a usable character and could make a big difference to the war!!

• They should let you play the Whitehills for season 2.

Humanize the enemy and let you see the war from their perspective. It would also give them more creative freedom for the setting. If they could make us feel sorry for Gryff that would really be compelling see another side of the conflict.

• Do you think Season 2 will come out AFTER Season 6 of the show has concluded?

• No. It would ruin everything. Besides, if you are 100% in tune with what you are playing, you should see their perspective too. Even though I hated it, being that I played as Rodrik, I completely understood Gryffs demand for better food/less wine and better quarters. Forresters haven't exactly been kind to Whitehills either before all this went down, the way I understand it. Whitehills are not very different from Forresters, maybe their soldiers are a bit dickish, but Whitehills seem like they were opressed as well in the past. However, they should stick with Forresters in S2. I am just more connected to them, and I want to see how their story continues.

They should let you play the Whitehills for season 2. Humanize the enemy and let you see the war from their perspective. It would also gi

• edited April 2016

It probably will, because the game likes to feature a lot of moments from the show. But being that Telltale probably doesn't know what happens in season 6, and considering they are already writing the story, we might get it a bit sooner. Though I doubt the game will be ready for release before the end of Season 6, either way.

Harian96 posted: »

Do you think Season 2 will come out AFTER Season 6 of the show has concluded?

• i think he's not suggesting that the story abandons the Forrester's perspective completely, but rather that we get a player character who's on the Whitehill's side. I mean, sure, you might get the impression that the Whitehills have been "oppressed" but truthfully we have no idea what their experience has been. Getting to play as Torrhen or Ebbert (more likely the former) would clarify that--and also it would make the game more true to GRRM's source material, which often depicts characters on both sides of a conflict (eg Tyrion).

Ricoco7891 posted: »

No. It would ruin everything. Besides, if you are 100% in tune with what you are playing, you should see their perspective too. Even though

• Oh alright. I understand now. You are talking about them adding a character on the Whitehills side, while we also continue playing as someone on the Forresters side. But I am still not sure it would work, just because you would be torn between the two of them. I personally don't want control over Whitehills, as I stated before, I feel like it would ruin the whole desperation for Forresters survival. Besides, Whitehills are powerful now, and Telltale has a thing for having us play as the underdogs.

ranger563 posted: »

i think he's not suggesting that the story abandons the Forrester's perspective completely, but rather that we get a player character who's

• Definitley. We have almost no information on Season 2 yet, and Season 6 ends in July.

Harian96 posted: »

Do you think Season 2 will come out AFTER Season 6 of the show has concluded?

• I have finished GoT only yesterday and the ending was just incredible I just hope season 2 will be just as good as season 1.

• I am glad that to see more people like the game. :)

Kizuna22 posted: »

I have finished GoT only yesterday and the ending was just incredible I just hope season 2 will be just as good as season 1.

• How could anyone not like the game. It was absolutely amazing I was a bit lost in the passing of time since it never says how much time has passed but it never really bothered me. The characters are amazing and some of them are lovable and it really hurts when you have to watch them die and some of the characters were just made for you to hate and you get the reward of being able to kill them.

I am glad that to see more people like the game.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.