Five Nights at Freddy's 5 apparently because f**king why not? (UPDATED) Not a sequel, a book.

Okay, I love Scott Cawthon, I loved his work before FNAF, I loved SOME features of the FNAF games, and "The Desolate Hope" is one of my favorite RPG's of all time. But... fucking this? Really?! REALLY?! He won my heart over with FNAF World, it looks cute and he's going back to his routes, but this is fucking ridiculous. FNAF 1 and 2 were decent, 3 was shit and he should have stopped there and started working on something else. 4 was bearable and had neat mechanics, but there was no need for it. And now there's this. FUCKING. THIS. I'm seriously done with this fucker at this point. Any thoughts? Because I know a lot of people on the forums will certainly post an earful about FNAF.

enter image description here

EDIT:

So as I see, it's a novel. Okay, fine, at least it's not a game. I apologize for misleading everyone. But still, why? Why do we need more FNaF? The answer is, we don't. I'm frankly sick of it. I'm still a fan of Scott and the franchise, and I don't blame him for doing the whole cash grab route. We'd all do the same. But I'm seriously sick of hearing about the game and anything else out of that franchise.

Comments

• edited December 2015

• My fucking point exactly. I have no problem with the games, or people who enjoy the games, but... the horse needs to FUCKING DIE. He should just let it.

• Yeah, I understand a lot of people like it and that's fine, but the greedy developers keep milking it.

My fucking point exactly. I have no problem with the games, or people who enjoy the games, but... the horse needs to FUCKING DIE. He should just let it.

• edited December 2015

And the rants fuel the long gone flame ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Doesn't seem like it would do much for the series, probably to give out the answers to the questions left unanswered by the previous 4 games.

• Actually, it's only one guy. He makes the whole series by himself, his kids beta test it.

Brodester08 posted: »

Yeah, I understand a lot of people like it and that's fine, but the greedy developers keep milking it.

• But he is probably indeed greedy at this point, but who can blame him? He's making money, I think if any of us made a game like FNAF, we'd keep milking it for some more money so we can pay bills or provide for our families. It's not about morals, it's truly up to logic.

Brodester08 posted: »

Yeah, I understand a lot of people like it and that's fine, but the greedy developers keep milking it.

• Based on what we know, it seems to be a book/novel. Not a game.

But he is probably indeed greedy at this point, but who can blame him? He's making money, I think if any of us made a game like FNAF, we'd k

• Here's the filename for the image, seems like it's gonna be a book.

• edited December 2015

FNAF 5? Looks at FNAF 4 The final chapter. Well alright then Scott.

• Exactly.

Smellmeh posted: »

FNAF 5? Looks at FNAF 4 The final chapter. Well alright then Scott.

• It's still more unnecessary FnaF content.

Here's the filename for the image, seems like it's gonna be a book.

• No im fine with FNAF 5 coming out, is just....a shock.

Exactly.

• Much better than another game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's still more unnecessary FnaF content.

• Why are people assuming it's the 5th game? Scott has made it pretty clear that the 4th one is the final chapter to the series.

This one will most likely contain what the story really is, and will put down the undying theories.

Smellmeh posted: »

No im fine with FNAF 5 coming out, is just....a shock.

• True...

Why are people assuming it's the 5th game? Scott has made it pretty clear that the 4th one is the final chapter to the series. This one will most likely contain what the story really is, and will put down the undying theories.

• Yes, but there's no need for that.

Why are people assuming it's the 5th game? Scott has made it pretty clear that the 4th one is the final chapter to the series. This one will most likely contain what the story really is, and will put down the undying theories.

• I mean, take Silent Hill 2. The game is a masterpiece, and to this day, the true story has never been revealed. Could you imagine if they came out with a book and revealed everything about the story? It ruins the mystery and suspense.

• enter image description here

Yes, but there's no need for that.

• That I can agree with.

Much better than another game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• enter image description here

Well it's his work. So if he feels he needs to clear some part of the story that he feels need to fill in, who are we to complain? Let the guy do his work as he wishes I say.

• Not everyone will work the same way as the devs of the Silent Hill series.

I mean, take Silent Hill 2. The game is a masterpiece, and to this day, the true story has never been revealed. Could you imagine if they came out with a book and revealed everything about the story? It ruins the mystery and suspense.

• I guess that's fair. I'm just tired of always seeing FNAF, and I'm even more tired of seeing the brain dead haters of the game being the most annoying pricks I've ever seen.

Well it's his work. So if he feels he needs to clear some part of the story that he feels need to fill in, who are we to complain? Let the guy do his work as he wishes I say.

• Also fair.

Not everyone will work the same way as the devs of the Silent Hill series.

• I've hardly seen any FNAF-related content after the 4th game and the spin-off (fnafw).

I guess that's fair. I'm just tired of always seeing FNAF, and I'm even more tired of seeing the brain dead haters of the game being the most annoying pricks I've ever seen.

• Well, Five Night's at Fuckboy's 4, Bonnie Simulator, FNAF World trailer, Five Night's at Wario's Origins, and about 20 other shitty fan made games I played all dated a week or so after FNAF 4.

I've hardly seen any FNAF-related content after the 4th game and the spin-off (fnafw).

• the first one was the best may give 5 a try

• It was your choice to play them 乁(ツ)ㄏ

Well, Five Night's at Fuckboy's 4, Bonnie Simulator, FNAF World trailer, Five Night's at Wario's Origins, and about 20 other shitty fan made games I played all dated a week or so after FNAF 4.

• At this point I just laugh. If people want to waste their 10 dollars for more bullshit obscurely written to give the impression of hidden depth, they can be my guest. I see no point in emotion investment one way or the other.

• Well it's been revealed it is actually a book.

the first one was the best may give 5 a try

• I had only played the fan games because Five Nights at Wario's and Five Nights at Flumpty's were awesome and restored by hope in the fan games just by how neat and unique they were.

It was your choice to play them 乁(ツ)ㄏ

• When money is hot, you gotta hammer it. Or something like that. ;)

• It's genius really. Fans give it debt by making fanfiction and more.

And I see your point, he essentially just do something random and gets huge income out of it in comparsion.

Sarangholic posted: »

At this point I just laugh. If people want to waste their 10 dollars for more bullshit obscurely written to give the impression of hidden depth, they can be my guest. I see no point in emotion investment one way or the other.

• Well who knows, it might be cool.

Yes, but there's no need for that.

• Turns out the teaser is not FNAF 5, is a teaser for a book.

• not as good as the games then probably get it secondhand or somehing like i usually do with books

Well it's been revealed it is actually a book.

• Why doesn't scott just make a diffrent game and stop milking fnaf

• Is this fake?

[checks official website]

It's not o_o

Oh well, maybe it'll finally explain the confusing plot and this will really be the last one.

• edited December 2015

If it is actually is a novel, I might get it. I'm not a fan of the series, but I am curious to see what the actual plot is. Assuming this is where Scott plans to reveal, that is.

• edited December 2015

Aah AC flashbacks it should have ended! No the milk train has come on full steam

• Why are people getting so mad about this. Just seems like its not a big deal

This discussion has been closed.