Movies of 2016

Hey-o. This thread is essentially discussing the films we've seen in 2016. We primarily focus on the films that were released 2016, but discussing other films you've seen is always welcome. Hence the reason why I review other films as well.

So without any further ado: What films have you seen, loved or hated?

Seen:

- Lazer Team - D+

enter image description here

- Deadpool - A

- 10 Cloverfield Lane - A-

- Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice- C+

- Hardcore Henry - C+/B-

- The Nice Guys - A

Ghostbusters - C+

Want to see:

- The Neon Demon

- Hail, Caesar!

- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

- Independence Day: Resurgence

- Captain America: Civil War

- Assassin's Creed

SO, same protocol as before.

What movies are you excited for this year?

Click here for last years thread 2015 Movies

Comments

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited January 2016

Independence Day: Resurgence had a pretty great trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbduDRH2m2M

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and Captain America: Civil War should be good.

I'm also VERY excited for X-Men: Apocalypse. Looks awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COvnHv42T-A

Rogue One had this teaser trailer, and the end has me really excited. Might the quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0eEKDfLNPg

• edited January 2016

The only thing I don't like about the new Independence Day is Hemsworth. He's the most generic Hollywood actor of all time. I'm afraid he's going to bore me to death when I watch it. All I can say is thank god for Goldblum.

Independence Day: Resurgence had a pretty great trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbduDRH2m2M Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justi

• Stuff I'll probably see or am at least interested in (I have a list of MAYBE's coming up next)

Hail, Caesar!
    enter link description here

Zoolander 2

Deadpool

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (I still have confidence after the latest trailer...I'll post the 2nd trailer since that one's my fav)

Captain America: Civil War

Independence Day: Resurgence

Borune 5

Suicide Squad

Jack Reacher 2: Never Go Back

• There's a new Bourne movie?

And don't you mean 200lander?

Saltlick123 posted: »

Stuff I'll probably see or am at least interested in (I have a list of MAYBE's coming up next) Hail, Caesar! enter link description here

• edited January 2016

Stuff that I'm MAYBE interested in and might see

Kung Fu Panda 3 (meh, I like the first and I guess the 2nd is okay, thinking of this for the hell of it)

I Saw the Light (I don't listen to country music,I don't care about Hank Williams, and I think Tom Hiddleston is over-rated, I see myself seeing this because of Elizabeth Olsen basically)

Finding Dory (Finding Nemo doesn't need a sequel so meh)

Star Trek Beyond(I like the new Star Treks and I was looking forward to this but after seeing this trailer, it looks like shit)

Mechanic Resurrection (Jason Statham, Jessica Alba, Tommy Lee Jones, and Michelle Yeoh- I liked the first Mechanic because of Statham)

• Also, there's Star Wars: Rogue One but I didn't care for the Force Awakens and despite this taking place before Episode 4, I just think I care about any of the new stuff- it has Mads Mikkelsen and Forest Whitaker though

• I haven't heard much about the Assassin's Creed movie but I've heard people say it seems good so far

-While it's not coming out this year.... EXPENDABLES 4 IS FILMING THIS YEAR HAHAHAHAHA

And I guess that's what I got so far.

Stuff I'll probably see or am at least interested in (I have a list of MAYBE's coming up next) Hail, Caesar! enter link description here

• edited January 2016

Yup, Damon's back as Borune, the actress who played Nicky's back, the whole Bourne Legacy plot and characters don't seem to be involved, Tommy Lee Jones is in it, and it's said to be taking place in a post-Snowden world so basically modern times. Not much else is known but it's coming out July 29th.

And...however the 2nd Zoolander's advertised :P

There's a new Bourne movie? And don't you mean 200lander?

• edited January 2016

I'm scared Kung Fu Panda 3 might turn out to be a retarded kids film without the heart and entertainment from the previous films. I mean look at the fucking villain! He's not as badass or menacing as the one in Kung Fu Panda 2. He's a god damn cartoon character!

Finding Dory is just bleh. Did not fucking need it.

Stuff that I'm MAYBE interested in and might see Kung Fu Panda 3 (meh, I like the first and I guess the 2nd is okay, thinking of this for

• I'm scared Kung Fu Panda 3 might turn out to be a retarded kids film without the heart and entertainment from the previous films. I mean look at the fucking villain! He's not as badass or menacing as the one in Kung Fu Panda 2.

That's why I put Meh and "for the hell of it", I'm concerned for this one.

Finding Dory is just bleh. Did not fucking need it.

Yup it's all about the money...but then again we did not fucking need The Force Awakens or all of Disney's SW stuff and I'm just treating it like I treated that star wars "expanded universe" stuff before: uncanon entertainment/fan-fics that some may like. (I know that might sound a bit harsh xD)

I'm scared Kung Fu Panda 3 might turn out to be a retarded kids film without the heart and entertainment from the previous films. I mean loo

• edited January 2016

Wait, they're making an Assassins Creed movie? Whatever, movies I'm interested in:

1. Captain America: Civil War
    2. Suicide Squad (but oddly, not Batman v. Superman)
    3. Deadpool
    4. Independence Day
    5. Now You See Me 2
  • Yup! And I wouldn't be excited for it if it weren't for Michael Fassbender playing the lead role. He's a great actor, so I'm sure he'll deliver a solid performance.

Wait, they're making an Assassins Creed movie? Whatever, movies I'm interested in: * Captain America: Civil War * Suicide Squad (but oddly, not Batman v. Superman) * Deadpool * Independence Day * Now You See Me 2 *

• You know, I think Batman v. Superman is gonna suck. Because from the looks of the trailers, it's turned from Batman vs. Superman into "How many characters can we cram in one movie?"

• I'm not expecting a lot from it honestly. I just wanna turn my brain off and view it as a film purely for entertainment. This is like a comic nerds wet dream. Fuckin' circlejerk bro.

If it blows hard, I'm gonna laugh my ass off.

ralo229 posted: »

You know, I think Batman v. Superman is gonna suck. Because from the looks of the trailers, it's turned from Batman vs. Superman into "How many characters can we cram in one movie?"

• edited January 2016

I'm still not over the fact that they chose to go with entirely new characters and didn't choose characters like ezio and altair. Come on Ubisoft, listen to your fanbase for once

Yup! And I wouldn't be excited for it if it weren't for Michael Fassbender playing the lead role. He's a great actor, so I'm sure he'll deliver a solid performance.

• That disappointed me too. But video game movies go through a bunch of shit so I'm not surprised.

Tolispro posted: »

I'm still not over the fact that they chose to go with entirely new characters and didn't choose characters like ezio and altair. Come on Ubisoft, listen to your fanbase for once

• edited January 2016

Saw my first movie of 2016! And that was The Hateful Eight hehehe. I saw it a second timer, and it was just as good a second time around. Went along with my friends who I was worried were going to be bored because if its run time. Turns out they loved it! One in particular that kept laughing throughout the violent bits. Feels like they loved it more than me lol.

Some things I want to mention more about the film:

• Walton Goggins and Kurt Russell are phenomenal in this film. The best, and the most badassiest.

• Some of the violence does feel a bit unnecessary in certain parts. Still, it does feel like a Tarantino film.

Still stand on my grade of an A- for The Hateful Eight.

• I'm interested in Captain America: Civil War and maybe Dawn of Justice. I doubt I'll see any other movie in the theaters. Good reviews would pique interest in Deadpool, Dr. Strange, Suicide Squad, Purge 3, Bourne 5 & London Must Fall.

• Nice!

The leads stuck out to me so basically Jackson, Russell, Jason Leigh, and Goggins were the ones that I thought shined. (Dat Kurt Russell stache though)

I will admit, some gore to me seemed unnecessary but I guess gore is Tarantinos fetish or something lol

Good to know you still like it :)

Saw my first movie of 2016! And that was The Hateful Eight hehehe. I saw it a second timer, and it was just as good a second time around. We

• My friends absolutely loved Walton Goggins because he felt like comic relief.

And their reactions to the oral scene were fucking priceless.

Nice! The leads stuck out to me so basically Jackson, Russell, Jason Leigh, and Goggins were the ones that I thought shined. (Dat Kurt Ru

• edited January 2016

Yeah, as it went on I liked him more and more.

My audience was first like "OHHHHHHHH" in the oral scene and then they started cackling lol

My friends absolutely loved Walton Goggins because he felt like comic relief. And their reactions to the oral scene were fucking priceless.

• Wow, so basically one movie that isn't a sequel or adaptation. I'm not criticizing your tastes, I'm criticizing the current creativity of the industry...

• Yup, most noteworthy things that actually have hype behind them today are a sequel, remake, reboot, or some new version of something.

Sarangholic posted: »

Wow, so basically one movie that isn't a sequel or adaptation. I'm not criticizing your tastes, I'm criticizing the current creativity of the industry...

• edited January 2016

I think all I'm excited to see this year are Deadpool and Suicide Squad. I mean, Captain America: Civil War and X-Men Apocalypse look cool, and I'm certainly happy to know they're coming out, but Independence Day is almost an ensured disaster, Batman V Superman has only one thing going for it anymore imo, I never was a HUGE fan of Doctor Strange, and Rings.... oh ho ho, Rings. A sequel to Ring? Really? Of ALL horror movies, You choose Ring. I can't wait for this to flop actually.

Others I might be excited for are Purge 3, Hateful 8, And Kung Fu Panda 3. That is to say if they don't fuck up, because after Shrek 3 and... shudders in disgust. Madagascar 3, it's very easy to see why history would repeat itself knowing Dreamworks.

EDIT: You know, I might actually see Batman V Superman purely because Lex Luthor's character looks really fun and awesome.

• edited January 2016

Independence Day is almost an ensured disaster,

I am interested in the Independence Day sequel but I have a gut feeling that it and Star Trek Beyond are going to be critically panned.

Also, I've also never cared for Doctor Strange, I actually haven't really gotten into the X-Men movies, I just didn't find them enjoyable really.

Others I might be excited for are Purge 3, Hateful 8, And Kung Fu Panda 3. That is to say if they don't fuck up, because after Shrek 3 and... shudders in disgust. Madagascar 3, it's very easy to see why history would repeat itself knowing Dreamworks.

The Hateful Eight is great, if you could see only one movie from that piece of text then Hateful Eight is the one out of those you should see :)

I think all I'm excited to see this year are Deadpool and Suicide Squad. I mean, Captain America: Civil War and X-Men Apocalypse look cool,

• Yeah, after watching the trailers I was SUPER excited for it! Can't wait to see it!

Independence Day is almost an ensured disaster, I am interested in the Independence Day sequel but I have a gut feeling that it and

• Who knows how the movie will turn out, but the trailer for Resurgence was really well put together in my opinion!

Independence Day: Resurgence had a pretty great trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbduDRH2m2M Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justi

1. Rogue One. I love Star Wars films as well as some war films. Hopefully it's a wonderful start to the Anthology Series.
    2. Suicide Squad. All the actors look to be capable and able to hold themselves up. I HOPE hope hope that it'll be good.
    3. Zoolander No. 2. I really, really hope it's good. Really.
    4. Deadpool. Deadpool!
    5. Captain America: Civil War. Just for the sake of knowing what happens in the MCU. (Also Spiderman is the best superhero ever)
  • The teaser for Zoolander 2 was funny.

200Lander?

* Rogue One. I love Star Wars films as well as some war films. Hopefully it's a wonderful start to the Anthology Series. * Suicide Squad. A

• My audience didn't really react much. Only me and my friends were laughing our asses off at that point. I guess it's because there was a bunch of old people there.

Yeah, as it went on I liked him more and more. My audience was first like "OHHHHHHHH" in the oral scene and then they started cackling lol

• My audience was a mix: some old people, average adults, teens, families, I'm pretty sure I saw a kid who liked like he was 9 lol

My audience didn't really react much. Only me and my friends were laughing our asses off at that point. I guess it's because there was a bunch of old people there.

• Oh ya, bring a 9 year old to a movie where they say the N word more than 10000 times, and have people's brains being spewed all over the floor.

Perfect family movie, amirite?

My audience was a mix: some old people, average adults, teens, families, I'm pretty sure I saw a kid who liked like he was 9 lol

• Yup lol, I saw the kid walk in with someone but I never saw him walk out.... but it was a big theater though xD, bigger than the one I usually go to. Wonder how he reacted... I saw some ppl on IMBd going like "Is this a good family movie?" and "Will my kids enjoy this?" and I saw someone respond "It's a Tarantino movie, his movies are usually great for the family, I suggest letting your kids watch this and form an opinion"

People... lol

Oh ya, bring a 9 year old to a movie where they say the N word more than 10000 times, and have people's brains being spewed all over the floor. Perfect family movie, amirite?

• Mannnn. People are so god damn naive lol. Bet they thought a movie like Kill Bill is a good family movie, then they question why it's so violent and mature. Bet they even complained about it too.

Yup lol, I saw the kid walk in with someone but I never saw him walk out.... but it was a big theater though xD, bigger than the one I usual

• Dem people on IMBd :P

Mannnn. People are so god damn naive lol. Bet they thought a movie like Kill Bill is a good family movie, then they question why it's so violent and mature. Bet they even complained about it too.

• edited January 2016

You know what's funny about The Hateful Eight's ending? You can literally say that "everybody dies in the end," and it would be a major spoiler lol.

Dem people on IMBd :P

• Not a 2016 movie, but it looks like Kingsman 2 is coming out next year! :D

• edited January 2016

• The one that I know for sure about for now is Macbeth.

• wow Purge 3?
    do you know when it comes out?
    thx

pcharl01 posted: »

I'm interested in Captain America: Civil War and maybe Dawn of Justice. I doubt I'll see any other movie in the theaters. Good reviews would pique interest in Deadpool, Dr. Strange, Suicide Squad, Purge 3, Bourne 5 & London Must Fall.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.