Movies of 2016

Comments

• did you do a review for Sicario??

Saw another movie in 2016. But just like before it's not from 2016, but instead the 1960's! The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly short review

• Yea. I didn't like it.

jamex1223 posted: »

did you do a review for Sicario??

• Finest hours Review

The Finest Hours is a Disney movie about the coast guard mission near Boston.

Pros

The special effects were good, like, REALLY good. I've heard it's real hard to do ocean effects, but this movie pulled it off real good.

The action was intense, but that's mostly due to the great special effects.

Casey Affleck was surprisingly good in this.

Cons

There's a love story on the land, and I don't give a crap. I don't even like the girl. There's no point and it takes you out of the moment completely.

There weren't many memorable characters at all. Like, if a character died, I wouldn't give a damn. I know no names of the characters.

So in the end, the movie has good special effects, but I could care less for the characters and everything else about the movie. C

• Movies that I have watched/Plan to watch

• January - The Revenant
    • February - Dad's Army, The Hateful Eight
    • March - London Has Fallen, Zootopia, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (though that could change to April)
    • April - N/A
    • May - Captain America: Civil War, X-Men: Apocalypse
    • June - WarCraft, Independence Day: Resurgance
    • July - Ghostbusters (possibly), Star Trek Beyond
    • August - Suicide Squad
    • September - N/A
    • October - Underworld: Next Generation (possibly)
    • November - Doctor Strange
    • December - Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
  • The Revenant and The Hateful Eight are must sees.

BigMac2410 posted: »

Movies that I have watched/Plan to watch * January - The Revenant * February - Dad's Army, The Hateful Eight * March - London Has Fal

• Why do they have to force in love stories!? For Christ's sake!

zachiscool3 posted: »

Finest hours Review The Finest Hours is a Disney movie about the coast guard mission near Boston. Pros The special effects were goo

• I've already seen The Revenant, will be hoping to see both Dad's Army & The Hateful Eight in the next week or so.

The Revenant and The Hateful Eight are must sees.

• Oh. What did you think?

I've already seen The Revenant, will be hoping to see both Dad's Army & The Hateful Eight in the next week or so.

• edited January 2016

This is a short film and it technically came out in 2015, but man, was it great. I fucking loved it. Mainly because it was only fifteen minutes long, but it told a perfectly well paced and detailed story in such a short amount of time. I'm a huge fan of Don Hertzfeldt and I think this is my second favorite film of his. (First being, It's Such a Beautiful Day.) Definitely worthy of that Oscar nomination.

enter image description here

• Do you wish to die?? jk lol.

why not?

Yea. I didn't like it.

• I think I expected a little too much out of it. Like, there was a whole lot of downtime in the middle of the film where it felt like nothing important happened. I would rather have the movie focus on Benicio Del Toro because his character was without a doubt the most interesting. Yes, it did in the third act, but it felt like a complete turn around from the film's original intent.

There were also scenes that I wish had lasted a little bit longer. Like the torture scene with Del Toro. I thought it would show us what kind of person he really is.

All I can say is I was bored completely out of my mind, and the action scenes were lackluster. The highway scene was good, but it was a bit too short for my liking.

Do you wish to die?? jk lol. why not?

• mmm ok, i get it. and me too, i think i expected a little too much from it but i did like it. there is a difference between us. you wish some scenes were longer, though i agree that that torture scene should've been a bit longer but im a sadist fuck so... lol. but i thought some scenes were a bit too long. longer than what they should've been. like when they first go to Juarez (btw my home town) i just felt they could've cut it shorter and it still would've made its point. and imo i thought that the night vision/tunnel scene was a bit too long. maybe they could have shown a bit more action there. i was disappointed there. also the mexican cop like... was he just there so we could maybe get a lil bit attached to him so when he dies we felt bad?? idk felt like he could've have done a bit more.

but overall i really liked it. like 8/10 8.4/10

I think I expected a little too much out of it. Like, there was a whole lot of downtime in the middle of the film where it felt like nothing

• edited January 2016

You're from Juarez? Cool. So I'm guessing the portrayal of it in the movie was pretty accurate to reality?

I didn't like the use of the cop either. He appears in like two scenes and then boom he's gone. Then they pull something out of their asses and make him super relevant. I guess it's to reveal that he was corrupt, but it was poor handling of the character in my opinion.

Oh yea. The night vision/tunnel scene was so boring and long. I nearly fell asleep at that point. And the "action" was piss poor.

I'd give it a C or a 5/10.

mmm ok, i get it. and me too, i think i expected a little too much from it but i did like it. there is a difference between us. you wish som

• It was either too violent, or too boring!!!

Oh. What did you think?

• If you thought The Revenant was too long and boring, then you're probably going to hate The Hateful Eight. It's 3 hours long with a bunch of dialogue, and holy shit does it get violent near the end.

It was either too violent, or too boring!!!

• Well... yeah, i mean everyone knows that no matter how bad crime is in one town, it still has its good parts. and that's what they just mostly showed. the bad parts, where all the shit happens. but there is more good parts than there is the danger "zones". what little they showed of Juarez it was accurate. they did leave hanging bodies with their heads chopped off and messages. but they just focused on the bad parts of the city. i didnt like the bridged scene, just because it made the people look like they are just used to seeing fuckers die infront of them. maybe a lil more emotion could've made that scene perfect for me.

yeah, that's how i felt. when he died i was like "ohh thats t for him?? ok."

agree, but i didnt get bored haha. i just thought they could've done better.

well ou know my score ha.

You're from Juarez? Cool. So I'm guessing the portrayal of it in the movie was pretty accurate to reality? I didn't like the use of the c

• Jesus. Seeing decapitated bodies blatantly hanging in the middle of the street. :/ I hope you didn't see that in person.

Yea during the bridge scene and the final shot of the movie, I thought the same. I was thinking: "Wait,why's no one doing anything because people are getting shot left and right here!"

Well... yeah, i mean everyone knows that no matter how bad crime is in one town, it still has its good parts. and that's what they just most

• no, thankfully i didnt see anything like that when i lived over there. i left and came to the USA one year before shit got crazy. i mean stuff happened but it escalated a year after. im glad i didnt get to see all of that. But since my parents watched the spanish news, and the news from juarez, i can tell you that that shit happened over there. again depending on the time and place. it was a turf war, well it still is but the violence has really dropped, and if you were fucking around with the wrong people you would definitively end dead or see some really awful stuff. and yes some shit that you might've heard or read was mostly true. there was a period of time between like late 2011 and all through 2012 and somein 2013 that there was at least 10 guys dead a day for like the whole year.. you turn on the news, dead people. i remember one time it we were watching the news and they said that in one place they found the most number of people killed in a day was like 20. But like i said most of those people that were killed were mostly in some shady business. it was low number of people that were killed by the crazy fucks that just killed for being sick bastards. And the main reason why at night some people wouldnt go out was not the cartels, but crazy dudes that took advantage of situation, since most cops were either dirty fucks (there is a lot of that in Mexico unfortunately) and cops that didnt do much cause they were quitting or they were sent to "patrol" the more 'hot zones'. well to really cut it short i was really ugly, it still is but not to the level it was a couple of years a go.

as for the movie ha, i didnt like the bridge scene for that matter, but i found the ending scene very telling. the gun shots were far away and they did get scared, at least i felt like they were a bit scared because of the shots but they just kept playing because its another day. they are not involved for so there is not much to fear or do in that situation, just keep on going through life. i also thought i was a little bit symbolic, i mean Del Toro's characters just killed a kingpin, shit should stop, right? no. there is another fucker that gonna take over, another scumbag that is gonna still order hits. a vicious cycle.

Jesus. Seeing decapitated bodies blatantly hanging in the middle of the street. I hope you didn't see that in person. Yea during the bri

• edited February 2016

I didn't find it "too long and boring", I just found some scenes to be either too boring, or too violent. There was at least one WTF moment that I especially enjoyed, I know that the Hateful Eight is just over three hours (since my brother saw it not long after release), & knowing Tarrintino, it'll be sheer Balls to the Walls crazy!!!

If you thought The Revenant was too long and boring, then you're probably going to hate The Hateful Eight. It's 3 hours long with a bunch of dialogue, and holy shit does it get violent near the end.

• Bit random but is crossbones in civil war a cyborg

• edited February 2016

Deadpool

Justice League Prequel

X-men

Captain America 3

Suicide Squad

Doctor Strange

Year of Comic Book Movies

• Sure some scenes may seem violent, but the purpose of these violent scenes is for it to be realistic and gritty. It makes sense in this film because he's trying to survive in the wild, and it is no cake walk.

And yea, The Hateful Eight was crazy as fuck fun. :D

I didn't find it "too long and boring", I just found some scenes to be either too boring, or too violent. There was at least one WTF moment

• Deadpool hype increased by 1000%

enter link description here

• I am certainly going to see Deadpool. :)

Deadpool hype increased by 1000% enter link description here

• I went and saw Dirty Grandpa last night and it was actually damn great. I was expecting it to be another cheap, rip off comedy film but it was done really well. Had me laughing the whole way through. Definitely recommend it.

• Wasn't deadpool coming out on the 12th? I'm confused

• edited February 2016

Currently has a 100% on rotten tomatoes right now as well! Granted, there's only 13 reviews listed thus far, so it's bound to go down eventually. But still, early signs point to it being pretty great. The multiple early fan showings also had great crowd responses.

• I think some reviewers are allowed or invited to watch an early screening.

Tolispro posted: »

Wasn't deadpool coming out on the 12th? I'm confused

• ign gave it a 7.5/10. Too much water, I guess. deadPOOL. Yes. this joke isn't overused. not at all..

Deadpoolian posted: »

Currently has a 100% on rotten tomatoes right now as well! Granted, there's only 13 reviews listed thus far, so it's bound to go down eventu

• edited February 2016

The too much water joke will always be funny to me. :P

Normally, I try to not complain about reviews, but the negatives that IGN took points off for Deadpool just seem odd to me. "Weak villains" okay, fair enough. But nearly ever other Marvel movie has weak villains too and that never stopped IGN from giving the others much higher scores. "Small-scale" The movie only had around a 50 million dollar budget. What were they expecting?

But still, 7.4 is by no means an awful score.

ign gave it a 7.5/10. Too much water, I guess. deadPOOL. Yes. this joke isn't overused. not at all..

• Stuckmann's a pretty big critic, so he gets early press screenings.

Wasn't deadpool coming out on the 12th? I'm confused

• Starting off at 100 is usually a good starting point for a lot of movies. I have a feeling it'll drop down to the 80's soon though.

Currently has a 100% on rotten tomatoes right now as well! Granted, there's only 13 reviews listed thus far, so it's bound to go down eventu

• I just saw Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and oh what a surprise, it was a piece of shit.

enter image description here

• Haha

ralo229 posted: »

I just saw Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and oh what a surprise, it was a piece of shit.

• edited February 2016

If the film was a Marvel Studios movie then Ign probably would have given it a higher score still I don't think anyone goes to a Deadpool movie to root for the villain, they go to root for Deadpool.

The too much water joke will always be funny to me. :P Normally, I try to not complain about reviews, but the negatives that IGN took poi

• Awwww come on they had to get Matt Smith in on it? D:

ralo229 posted: »

I just saw Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and oh what a surprise, it was a piece of shit.

• edited February 2016

So I saw Hail, Caesar! yesterday with my family, and it was alright! The plot was a little hard to follow, but so was O' Brother, Where Art Thou? the first time and I thought that was a great film! George Clooney, Alden Ehrenreich and Channing Tatum had some great performances. You don't see much of Jonah Hill at all, so I'm not exactly sure why he's on the poster, because in my opinion Ehrenreich should've been, but it doesn't matter! The throwbacks to the golden age of film are great, and many scenes that the film seem straight out of a 50s flick!

If you like the Cohen brothers, then you'll like this movie!

• The goddamn coffee.

Sure some scenes may seem violent, but the purpose of these violent scenes is for it to be realistic and gritty. It makes sense in this film

Sign in to comment in this discussion.