Are You Really Interested?

I'm just curious if people are truly interested in playing this game. There hasn't been a lot of interest concerning this game other than the fact it is "Batman".

Comments

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Definitely, I'm always excited to see a new Telltale game.

• Hell yeah, I love Telltale, I like Batman, should be a great game.

• I'm interested in it and am slowly getting more and more excited for it as we get more information.

• Not really but that doesn't mean I won't go check it out.

• edited March 2016

At this point I trust that I'll enjoy anything Telltale puts out, so yes, I'm interested. I don't really like Borderlands or Game of Thrones, so I didn't pick them up, but I regretted it once I watched an episode or 2 on YouTube. Now TFtB is my 3rd favorite game of all time, so I've decided to just give all Telltale's games a chance before I write them off because I don't like the source material.

• edited March 2016

Absolutely! I'm always interested with whatever Telltale has cooking up.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

sniffs

Smells like macaroni.

Absolutely! I'm always interested with whatever Telltale has cooking up.

• There hasn't been a lot of interest concerning this game other than the fact it is "Batman".

Well, keep in mind we hardly know anything about the game as of now.

That being said, I'm still super excited.

• If we only play as Batman i would be really sad about it. Wanna play both sides of the story like TFTB. Good side and evil side would be cool in Batman.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2016

As cool as having multiple protagonists is in some games, I don't want Telltale overusing it just because they can in every single game from here on out. I would much rather they only use multiple protagonists if it fits the source material. In Batman's case, I think they confirmed that the game will focus on the duality between Bruce Wayne and Batman, and I'm personally hoping they don't bring other playable characters into the mix as it would be a bit excessive here.

WalkerHH93 posted: »

If we only play as Batman i would be really sad about it. Wanna play both sides of the story like TFTB. Good side and evil side would be cool in Batman.

• Atleast we will play his playboy rich Bruce Wayne side. XD

As cool as having multiple protagonists is in some games, I don't want Telltale overusing it just because they can in every single game from

• Yep! Especially since it's going to be a different take on Batman, and he's awesome.

• Eh, not really. I'll watch a gameplay of the first episode to see if I'll get interested, because I wasn't interested in Game of Thrones till I watched a gameplay from episodes 1 to 6 and now I want it so bad lmao.

• Neutral about the idea. Still open about a Bat man story game. I just hope the gameplay isn't as simplified as Michonne

• I can go either way. In all honesty, video games have lost a lot of their appeal to me. I rarely play them any longer, and when I do its normally for maybe 30 minutes to an hour at most.

• You see, Telltale has a habit of getting REALLY interested in the source material.

I never cared for Walking Dead, but now I'm a huge Walking Dead geek. (And a purist. Never watched the show, only read the comics) I never even HEARD of Fables, but then when Wolf Among Us came out, and then I learned that my science teacher is a huge fan of Fables, I got super into it. I never cared for Borderlands or Game of Thrones, now I'm a big fan of both franchises. Minecraft and Batman are the first Telltale games where I'm actually familiar with the source material.

derrickd95 posted: »

At this point I trust that I'll enjoy anything Telltale puts out, so yes, I'm interested. I don't really like Borderlands or Game of Thrones

• it's a Batman game , ofc i'm interested. Beside its being made by TTG, a genius company in terms of story-telling games ( imho )

i really want to see how this game will work and i cant wait for more news ( possible trailer e/or images )

• It's possible we might get some images next week from Telltale's Batman panel at SXSW.

GCardoso posted: »

it's a Batman game , ofc i'm interested. Beside its being made by TTG, a genius company in terms of story-telling games ( imho ) i really want to see how this game will work and i cant wait for more news ( possible trailer e/or images )

• Batman is extremely overrated to me, so I'm tempted not to play it just because of that.

• Not much interested but im curious about this game and telltale has taken advantage of my curiosity in the past and they will do it here too

• It depends, I just need to see it first, the only thing that bothers me about it is that it kinda seems like Telltale chose to do Batman instead of a Wolf Season 2.

• That single comment lit me up. How do you do it? :D

It's possible we might get some images next week from Telltale's Batman panel at SXSW.

• To be completely honest I'm really not interested in this at all, since I don't find batman (or superheroes in general) interesting. That being said though, it's Telltale, so it's worth a shot.

• Not everything else they do is a deliberate choice of The Wolf Among Us Season 2. I'd like a second season as well but that's not to say we can't have both

Poogers555 posted: »

It depends, I just need to see it first, the only thing that bothers me about it is that it kinda seems like Telltale chose to do Batman instead of a Wolf Season 2.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator

Actually, Batman selling well might actually help the case of a second season of The Wolf Among Us.

Telltale only signed rights for one season of The Wolf Among Us, and they also only signed the rights to one season for Batman (which isn't surprising, as DC is the kind of company that would want to make sure that they can change the terms of a contract if the situation changes in their favor - such as if Telltale's Batman becomes a surprise runaway hit like the first season of Telltale's The Walking Dead)

Signing rights for a new season can take several years alone (since they have to have terms that all parties will agree to - which in the case of The Wolf Among Us is DC/Vertigo and Telltale), and then they have to enter pre-production on the season, which can take a year or more on its own.

The good news is that The Wolf Among Us sold really well - it's their third best selling series on Steam according to SteamSpy, only behind the two seasons of The Walking Dead and the Poker Night series. Plus, Bill Willingham has stated that he really liked Telltale's adaptation and would be open to a second season (although he stated that, oddly enough, he's not part of the negotiations for adaptations for Fables, so the situation is a bit of a stickier wicket than simply that - DC is the party that would have to want Telltale to do another video game adaptation of Fables).

Batman selling well and doing well probably will have a lot to do with the future of The Wolf Among Us as well, as both are licensed by DC (and Telltale getting Batman actually was due to them doing well commercially and critically with The Wolf Among Us). Since Batman was only signed for one season, it's very possible that Telltale would go back to The Wolf Among Us, if they want to continue making games based on DC properties, after Batman concludes, since they'd have to go through the multi-year process of getting a new contract to do another Batman game. And, DC would be more willing to sign a contract for a second season of The Wolf Among Us if Telltale had two DC based properties that were well received and sold well. So, Batman doing well would almost certainly bide well for fans of The Wolf Among Us. :)

Poogers555 posted: »

It depends, I just need to see it first, the only thing that bothers me about it is that it kinda seems like Telltale chose to do Batman instead of a Wolf Season 2.

• I think it'll be interesting under the lenses of a Wolf Among Us spiritual successor. Both Bigby and Batman will potentially play in a similar way, with Telltale emphasizing that this Batman will put more of an emphasis on detective work/etc and not just "fighting in a suit."

Green613 posted: »

To be completely honest I'm really not interested in this at all, since I don't find batman (or superheroes in general) interesting. That being said though, it's Telltale, so it's worth a shot.

• To be honest? No, not really.

That being said, I haven't been excited for anything Telltale related since The Wolf Among Us.

• YES.

You're completely right.

Jennifer posted: »

Actually, Batman selling well might actually help the case of a second season of The Wolf Among Us. Telltale only signed rights for one s

• For some reason I actually am! I got burnt out on Batman in the 8th grade after seeing him everywhere, and I still do.

Although I can only have a concrete opinion when we see the first trailer, which most likely will make me excited.

• the story telling batman comic sure. the characters are pretty good. and the villains are awesome too. however I've never played a batman game before. why? simple because I suck at stealth games- like really bad. so yeah I might enjoy seeing someone else's walkthrough but me playing no.

• I'm so hyped! So yeah I'm interested.

• technically it would be accurate to say I was more interested in this than in the Minecraft game, but given how abysmal my interest for Minecraft was, it doesn't necessarily mean I am very interested in Batman either. I am just waiting for a good series to come out. Probably won't even try Batman. I still regret trying Minecraft.

• Not really.

• I am really looking forward to this game. :)

• ErykaEryka Banned

I'm really not a Batman fan but I would love to play that game :D

• Actually im more excited to play as bruce wayne rather than batman,becuase all of the games about batman only focused on batman and him fighting with criminals,it is the first time we can play under his other mask(rich,playboy who lives in a mansion)

• After them saying "It's not like any other Batman game" or something like that I am very excited. I am a big fan of Batman and Telltale so I think this might only appeal to bigger fans of Batman or just general Telltale fans. I loved the Arkham games however it didn't quit have that narrative - which hopefully Telltale brings to the table. Like someone else mentioned it might be done like the Wolf Among Us and that was my favorite Telltale game so yeah...

• edited March 2016

Yes and No. I like the setting of Gotham as well as most of Batman's allies and enemies, and I like the idea of a game that's (presumably) close to TWAU in style. I'm not, however, a fan of Batman himself, so playing as him doesn't really appeal to me. I'll probably wait for reviews and/or for it to go on sale.

• emilybuckshotemilybuckshot Former Telltale Staff

Glad to hear so many of you are excited! And for those of you who aren't- that's okay. Not every game is for everyone. But who knows, maybe you'll love it. We're certainly trying to make something interesting. :)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.