Are You Really Interested?

Comments

• Oooh... I realy hope so, they're always so cryptic with these things.

I think they hinted during the SXSW Panel that, on top of using a new engine, Batman would also have a few new gameplay mechanics. I'm really hoping that this is the case.

• Oh, nice! Is there any informations about it?

Good news, they are working on a original story at the moment!

• Not much, it will be a brand new ip and it wont be a conventional game its going to be a new concept entirely, its being called a supershow there will be a game and a tv show that will work in tandem you could just watch the show, play the game or do both and apparently still enjoy it.

I am dubious of this supershow concept because I dont understand it, it could be amazing or a huge flop.

I love gaming companies taking risks and breaking new ground so no matter what, even if the game sucks I will admire telltale for trying something new and im excited about the original story.

Euron posted: »

Oh, nice! Is there any informations about it?

• Yes, it's a bit odd presented like that.. But wait and see as they say :P

I agree with you, it's easy to do conventionnal games and earn money for a company who works already well. Trying something else is harder and ask some bravery.

Not much, it will be a brand new ip and it wont be a conventional game its going to be a new concept entirely, its being called a supershow

• Right, but when Telltale first announced TFTBL and TWAU, many people didn't want them to "pull a new franchise outta their ass" as you say. But, they turned out to be really successful and became part of your "original 4". So, this could very well be new success.

I am kind of annoyed with TellTale, they released lots of good franchises that people are attached to, and then pull a new franchise outta t

• Sounds like it will either succeed or be a complete mess.

Not much, it will be a brand new ip and it wont be a conventional game its going to be a new concept entirely, its being called a supershow

• Spin the left stick and then flick the right up while holding X on your keyboard.

I think they hinted during the SXSW Panel that, on top of using a new engine, Batman would also have a few new gameplay mechanics. I'm really hoping that this is the case.

• Not really. Probably will end up playing it anyway.

• Tap Q and W at the same time. Groundbreaking innovation.

Ive changed my mind I am looking forward to this game, it should be fun. Please have new mechanics. Please have new mechanics. Please have new mechanics. Boy, I realy hope they bring in some new mechanics.

• Honestly, I'd be goddamn impressed if I saw that.

Tap Q and W at the same time. Groundbreaking innovation.

• Its ttg...never judge any ttg game pre-release ;)
    U never know. Not even 1 game by ttg has been worthy of getting the title of 'worst game or not better than other'

• Tbh, it's not a franchise I'm hugely keen on.. I find Batman is hilarious in parody but not so much in a serious tone. Telltale did wonders with other games though so I won't fault the choice until I see the game. Personally I'm hoping for Harry Potter or Star Trek.

• Tap Q and W at the same time. Groundbreaking innovation.

• emilybuckshotemilybuckshot Former Telltale Staff
    edited April 2016

"Telltale should stick to S&M"

--DULY NOTED.

(in case it wasn't 100% clear, I am neither confirming nor denying anything sam and max, it was a joke about calling sam and max "S&M")

Oh yeah mate I definitely agree telltale should have stuck to "The original 4", by which you of course mean Poker, CSI, Bone and S&M. Those were the shit. Heads up, do some research before you "speak for everyone".

• edited April 2016

--DULY NOTED.

Video I see in my head

enter link description here

Please don't kill my babies!

"Telltale should stick to S&M" --DULY NOTED. (in case it wasn't 100% clear, I am neither confirming nor denying anything sam and max, it was a joke about calling sam and max "S&M")

• Why have I never seen this before? "Just look at the BANAAAAAANG."

--DULY NOTED. Video I see in my head enter link description here Please don't kill my babies!

• (in case it wasn't 100% clear, I am neither confirming nor denying anything sam and max, it was a joke about calling sam and max "S&M")

And I was getting my hopes up. Not really though, but a new game would be cool, not enough good point and clicks these days. Only seeing double fine trying to keep them alive with their remasters.

"Telltale should stick to S&M" --DULY NOTED. (in case it wasn't 100% clear, I am neither confirming nor denying anything sam and max, it was a joke about calling sam and max "S&M")

• Harry Potter? Damn I never even thought about that. Could make a really good game if executed right.

KyleDark posted: »

Tbh, it's not a franchise I'm hugely keen on.. I find Batman is hilarious in parody but not so much in a serious tone. Telltale did wonders

• How do you think those of us who've been waiting for more Stronbad, Sam & Max or Monkey Island feel? The departure to more serious big name movie/TV licences was a huge departure for the company. At least Tales from the Borderlands was a return to their more comedic routes and I'm much more pleased to see them tackling things like Marvel properties than I am GOT.

So no, you definitely do not speak for everyone (if that wasn't already clear).

I am kind of annoyed with TellTale, they released lots of good franchises that people are attached to, and then pull a new franchise outta t

• With all the recent details I think it's going to be amazing, choosing to Batman or Bruce Wayne in certain parts? Got my money. Of course that's not the only reason. Batman is my favorite in the DC Universe.

• just like Minecraft, no

• pls no borderlands s2 plz.

on the other hand, I wouldn't mind a wolf season 2, I would LOVE IT.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that all we really want is the original 4, TWD, GOT, TFTBL, and TWAU. No, you don't. If Tell

• uh, huh.

ike some other Telltale series, the game will be landing at M (Mature 17+) rating, and the cinematic approach will feel more akin to an R-rated film.

MosesARose posted: »

just like Minecraft, no

• I am interested. Just hoping they'll focuse more on story, not fighting 'nd stuff.

• Rating doesn't matter to me. I'm just not interested in Batman, just like I wasn't interested in minecraft.

uh, huh. ike some other Telltale series, the game will be landing at M (Mature 17+) rating, and the cinematic approach will feel more akin to an R-rated film.

• I'd personally prefer a next season, something Disney (acquired properties don't count) or Japanese, rewrite of TWD S2, Poker Night 3 or another lesser-known property over Batman.

• Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes and in conclusion Yes

• Soo.. If I understand you correctly, you doesn't want the game? cough sarcasm cough you fool cough

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes and in conclusion Yes

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

pls no borderlands s2 plz.

You made a typo there it should say "pls yes borderlands s2 plz"

pls no borderlands s2 plz. on the other hand, I wouldn't mind a wolf season 2, I would LOVE IT.

• A fuckin' rewrite of a overall well received season (not counting obnoxious nitpicking)...Uh okay that doesn't make you look incredibly rude or anything like that.

I'd personally prefer a next season, something Disney (acquired properties don't count) or Japanese, rewrite of TWD S2, Poker Night 3 or another lesser-known property over Batman.

• I'm totally fine with a Batman game. Always wanted a TellTale Batman game and now we're finally getting one. Couldn't be more hyped.

• For sure it was not a typo.

dojo32161 posted: »

pls no borderlands s2 plz. You made a typo there it should say "pls yes borderlands s2 plz"

• I'll wait and see. I skipped out on Minecraft, which I don't regret at all. There's practically nothing to go on yet...

• No I'm not. I don't like superhero stuff.

• one thing I'm not sure about, and just like the michonne series I wasn't sure, is these are established characters with established personalities already.

Granted in the michonne series she was going through a rough patch, and michonne isn't known to be consistent (especially comic michonne). But batman, and even Bruce Wayne I fee like have established everything at this point. So it won't be about dialogue choices or tough decisions, since batman will always go his way.

Compared to the michonne series, idk how hard it will be to make choices. There will be an obvious batman choice, and then something else just cause. It's not like Bruce Wayne is Bigby Wolf, with this internal struggle to fight the good fight or fall prey to your animal ways, it's just which building do I want to leave this thug on.

Maybe you guys feel different... Probably

• When I'm indecisive on what game to play I usually watch the first part (in this case first episode), then I make my conclusion. I'll just have to wait and see.

• I'm tired of all this superhero stuff. It's the same ones again, again, and again. How many freakin' times does Batman's story have to be told, over comics, movies, different games?

Pass.

• I was a fan of the Riddler's riddles in the first 2 Arkham games and the story always had me on edge. So here's hoping TT can match what I liked. So yeah, I'm interested.

• It's not the same, they get elements from each other, but they're not the same

Pride posted: »

I'm tired of all this superhero stuff. It's the same ones again, again, and again. How many freakin' times does Batman's story have to be told, over comics, movies, different games? Pass.

• Hard to say when there's not been much revealed. Currently I'm just here for the Batman jokes and the free buffet.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.