Are You Really Interested?

Comments

• Not really excited for this one. Got my Batman fix from the Arkham games and really I don't believe there's much to bring to the table here. I'll watch the first episode to see if it grabs my interest then but right now it's not on my radar.

• I'm willing to give it a shot.

Glad to hear so many of you are excited! And for those of you who aren't- that's okay. Not every game is for everyone. But who knows, maybe you'll love it. We're certainly trying to make something interesting.

• emilybuckshotemilybuckshot Former Telltale Staff

This takes on a slightly different meaning when I look at your avatar.

Kenny/Lee posted: »

I'm willing to give it a shot.

• Superheroes just ain't my thing.

• Yeah, I am. We don't know much about story or graphic style. I want to see what TTG plans. It's interesting while sequels of twau or twd aren't.

• I'm really, really excited. I'm looking forward to this as much as TWD S3 for that matter.

• Hell yeah can't wait

• Yes, i actually am. I'm Not even a Batman fan. But i think Daredevil showed me, that superheroe Adaptations can Be Absolutly fantastic. I will Play the first Episode, so lets see how it goes!

• I would have preferred daredevil , Robocop, judge Freddy. Punisher etc
    Batman has been donet o death

• Is it just me or do sentences like this sound way funnier than normal, If a Telltale member uses them? I don't Know why.

This takes on a slightly different meaning when I look at your avatar.

• emilybuckshotemilybuckshot Former Telltale Staff

we are all trained comedians. How else would we make such depressing games.

GSSalvador posted: »

Is it just me or do sentences like this sound way funnier than normal, If a Telltale member uses them? I don't Know why.

• Yeah. I mean I've never been interested in minecraft but I still gave it some interest to see where they were going. I've played borderlands 1 and 2, and they were okay but I never really cared for them, and I was incredibly reluctant to even give Tales a shot, but TFtBL turned out to be my favourite telltale game to date, so it's honestly hard to say until you've tried in my experience.

• insert laugh track here

we are all trained comedians. How else would we make such depressing games.

• Meeeh... In the big scheme of thing, I would prefer other DC characters, literally anybody BUT Batman.

But it is what it is, Batman has being dragging DC in all formats and medias for over 30 years, with 4 monthly titles at least plus all his cameos in Justice League comics, he´s the one they make movies, animations, videogames.... at some point you´re just starting to feel fatigue, specially since nobody takes the comics canon but rather invent their own version of the universe so everything needs to be presented and introduced again and here we are, a thousand "death of Waynes" scenes later.

I like both TellTale and Batman, but after Game of Thrones season 1 by Telltale my confidence in their tale telling skills has lingered, and after BvS I´m just tired of Batman and wish it was the DC universe that got loved, not just the one character everyone likes.

• edited April 2016

I think there are some things left to bring to the table, considering this will be a story telling game. There will be dialogue choices, and I am pretty sure narrative and the story are going to be better than most Batman games out there. It will be mostly focused on the story, while other Batman games were mostly focused on action and combat. It will probably be a completely different experience from the other games.

Not really excited for this one. Got my Batman fix from the Arkham games and really I don't believe there's much to bring to the table here. I'll watch the first episode to see if it grabs my interest then but right now it's not on my radar.

• I'm super pumped. I've always wanted a Batman TellTale Game. I feel the story driven game mixed with the Batman Universe is going to be very interesting. Huge Batman fan, hoping to see some cool villains like Scarecrow, and all in all I'm intently waiting its release.

• Well that's the thing, for me the Arkham games did a great job with their story and the bios and such you could also get only enriched that further. Plus, I've read enough comics at this point where any story they could try just wouldn't feel unique. Dialogue choices really won't be that important to me in this style of game either, since we know we're playing as Bats/Bruce, I can already imagine the range of options we'll have. Again, I'll check out the 1st episode but not holding my breath for this much like Minecraft. I do want to like it, but I'm just not hype about it.

Ricoco7891 posted: »

I think there are some things left to bring to the table, considering this will be a story telling game. There will be dialogue choices, and

• Alright, that makes sense. I, on the other hand, can't wait for it.

Well that's the thing, for me the Arkham games did a great job with their story and the bios and such you could also get only enriched that

• Story driven Batman game focusing on the much needed detective side (hopefully).

What's not to like? I mean I hope they use the Wolf Among Us as a template because I can definitely see this being one of Telltale's best and I am not just saying that because I am a huge Batman fan lel.

Also yeah a lot of unused villains in the Arkham trilogy which was a shame. Arkham Knight kinda overused the term "Be the Batman" in marketing etc I think that would be more relevant to this series especially if we are in control of whether Batman kills or not.

• I hear we will also have parts where we play as Bruce. Hopefully it won't be as stupid as those Peter parts in TASM 2. But, that whole game was a mess, so odds are Telltale will make that Man-behind-the-mask part better than Beenox did.

VenomHD posted: »

Story driven Batman game focusing on the much needed detective side (hopefully). What's not to like? I mean I hope they use the Wolf Amon

• Would rather play as lex Luthor or even the joker. Lemme be the villain already

• I am not sure what was worse the movie or the game for TASM 2. Anyway yeah playing as Bruce definitely intrigues me - I'll give Arkham knight props for delving a little in to Batman's psyche and it gave me a taste for finer things in that regard. I really am expecting this Telltale Batman game to be amazing which I know I shouldn't do but I couldn't have thought of a better developer to tackle something original with Batman after Rocksteady.

Ricoco7891 posted: »

I hear we will also have parts where we play as Bruce. Hopefully it won't be as stupid as those Peter parts in TASM 2. But, that whole game was a mess, so odds are Telltale will make that Man-behind-the-mask part better than Beenox did.

• I think it is perfectly fine to expect this game to be awesome. Telltale always delivered, and I have no doubts they will deliver again.

VenomHD posted: »

I am not sure what was worse the movie or the game for TASM 2. Anyway yeah playing as Bruce definitely intrigues me - I'll give Arkham knigh

• Honestly, no. I don't know much about Batman and don't really care about superheroes in general.
    But I'll check it out anyway because it's made by Telltale Games.
    (After all, I didn't know anything about Borderlands and disliked Minecraft, and TTG got me to love both Tales and MC Story Mode. I still don't really like the GoT game though, even though I played all the episodes. Oh well, I'll see. Even if I'm still not interested after the first ep of Batman comes out, I'm still gonna play the entire game to give it a chance and again, because it's made by TTG.)

• My first choice for a DC superhero character would have been the Flash, but that's mostly because I've enjoyed the CW show. I've never been a huge superhero comics fan, but I've leaned slightly more towards Marvel. Used to read the Spiderman comics in the daily paper. I'm mostly just looking forward to it because it's a Telltale game. The fact that it's Batman is incidental.

• No im not really interested, i think im just kinda burned out from superheroes. I would rather see a season 2 of tales

• I am kind of annoyed with TellTale, they released lots of good franchises that people are attached to, and then pull a new franchise outta their ass that no one really cares about. I think I speak for everyone when I say that all we really want is the original 4, TWD, GOT, TFTBL, and TWAU. But instead we get Marvel, DC, and Minecraft.

pls Telltale, stop with the bullshit pls

• edited April 2016

I think I speak for everyone when I say that all we really want is the original 4, TWD, GOT, TFTBL, and TWAU.

No, you don't. If Telltale stuck exclusively to that, it would be a poor business decision. If they stick only making game based on these series, they can't expand to other fanbases and bring in new fans, and it will get to the point where everyone will become sick of them. Make too many seasons of TWD, it grows old and boring. Remember, at one time, these were all new seasons, that all got similar reactions from people like you. There was even a petition to get Telltale to not make TWD, and look at what it has become. TFTBL was similarly attacked, saying it had no story and Telltale was wasting their time, and look at what it has become. Whose to say Batman won't become the new TWD, or the new TFTBL.

Also, what the hell do you mean by "the original 4," these aren't Telltale's first 4 games. They were making games long before them, these just happened to achieve the most popularity. There is no bullshit here.

I am kind of annoyed with TellTale, they released lots of good franchises that people are attached to, and then pull a new franchise outta t

• I really appreciate they're doing it because I like the Bat's universe: comics, movies or the gotham's series.

I don't care usually about graphism but for this case I do: it can be astonishing on this point, I wonder how it ends. The scenario should be cool as usual, so I don't fear that much on this point.

The only thing which "bores" me is that they take famous franchises; it's cool and I appreciate those they do but they should do sometimes their "own" contents, I'm sure it would work.

• TWD, GOT, TFTBL, and TWAU.

When Borderlands and Thrones were announced, people wanted more Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us.

When the revamped Wolf Among Us was revealed around Walking Dead: Season 2, people wanted more Walking Dead instead.

When Walking Dead Season 1 was revealed, people wanted more comedy puzzle games instead.

There's nothing wrong with Telltale trying new ideas; if they had not, we'd never have gotten games like Wolf or Borderlands, which were both games that people disliked the idea of when they were announced. I'm all for Telltale broadening their horizons so we can get the next big thing down the line, and I think Batman is a great franchise for Telltale to work with.

I am kind of annoyed with TellTale, they released lots of good franchises that people are attached to, and then pull a new franchise outta t

• Oh yeah mate I definitely agree telltale should have stuck to "The original 4", by which you of course mean Poker, CSI, Bone and S&M. Those were the shit.

Heads up, do some research before you "speak for everyone".

• whoops, everyone's mad at me now

Oh yeah mate I definitely agree telltale should have stuck to "The original 4", by which you of course mean Poker, CSI, Bone and S&M. Those were the shit. Heads up, do some research before you "speak for everyone".

• You make a good point, to be quite honest, I'm just a little butthurt about having to wait for a season 2 of any of the games. But I guess that's fair, after I posted this comment people are attacking me with pitchforks.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that all we really want is the original 4, TWD, GOT, TFTBL, and TWAU. No, you don't. If Tell

• BRING THE ROPE BOYS!! I found the perfect tree!

whoops, everyone's mad at me now

• But... I want that Marvel game.

• Good news, they are working on a original story at the moment!

Euron posted: »

I really appreciate they're doing it because I like the Bat's universe: comics, movies or the gotham's series. I don't care usually about

• Ive changed my mind I am looking forward to this game, it should be fun.

Please have new mechanics.

Boy, I realy hope they bring in some new mechanics.

• I think they hinted during the SXSW Panel that, on top of using a new engine, Batman would also have a few new gameplay mechanics. I'm really hoping that this is the case.

Ive changed my mind I am looking forward to this game, it should be fun. Please have new mechanics. Please have new mechanics. Please have new mechanics. Boy, I realy hope they bring in some new mechanics.

• They never confirmed or hinted at a Season 2 for Borderlands or Wolf, unless you count the ambiguous endings which lots of other Telltale games have as well.

You make a good point, to be quite honest, I'm just a little butthurt about having to wait for a season 2 of any of the games. But I guess that's fair, after I posted this comment people are attacking me with pitchforks.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.