Romance with Sasha is forced and frustrating why no Fiona choice instead?

Why the hell they give no choice for romance and forcing story in such unbelievable fashion with least obvious character to care about?

This game really needs patch with some revamp of story and additional choice for Fiona, but knowing TTG, they never ever improve their games, only release new episodes, so i guess there is no hope to get rid of this frustration.

damn, until this moment with flower i was so excited about this game and liked that there was no forced death like in Walking Dead, but they did it again, just instead of forced death they made a forced romance

enter link description here

Comments

• Well I wouldnt say Telltale should go as far to "go back and rewrite some parts of the game" but I do kinda feel like the whole romance between Rhys and Sasha happened because Sasha seemed to be kinda forgotten out of the 4 main characters so they needed to do something to add to her character. And after the flower scene all romance between the 2 really should have stopped if you didn't give the flower.

• edited May 2016

They give you plenty of choices throughout the game not to pursue a romantic interest in Sasha and, as you clearly showed, did give you an option with Fiona. In a choice based game, I fail to see how a romance can be forced, maybe they want to lead you down a certain path, but when you have choices to avoid it, which you clearly did, it can't be forced. Especially since Rhys and Sasha didn't just spring up in the third episode, it was something that had been built up and progressively developed since the first episode. And calling her the "least obvious character to care about" is purely subjective, I found Vaugn the character I least cared about.

You're talking about rewriting elements of a game that is already complete and concluded. Your problem can't be solved with a couple of patches, it's not a glitch or a bug, you're talking about rewriting, removing, and adding additional choices and story elements, getting the voice actors to come back and voice new lines, all for a game that's been finished since October. This would not only cost a lot of money, but also would be a complete waste of time and resources

• Well I think saying that the romance is not forced but leaded is kinda an understatement. There are plenty of times after the flower scene that romance moments can happen against your will, such as the hug in episode 5 and saying how they "missed" each other, but it only happens weather or not you choose to rule Hyperion or not. Telling Sasha how she looks in ep 4 can only be avoided if you dont buy anything, but you still have a weird "flirty" moment before that. So yeah you can say its not forced because you can avoid it, but you still have to deal with it until the very end when you can finally say you dont want a part of it.

Its almost like Telltale is your mom and you're her little kid, she's holding your hand through a clothing store at the mall, the mall being the game, but all you want to do is go to Toys R Us, but she keeps dragging you through the Clothing Store. After your at the clothing store for about 3 hours ("Episodes"), your mom says its time to go, and after you've been hand held for so long you can finally go to Toys R Us, or you can just forget it and go home because the mall is now closing.

They give you plenty of choices throughout the game not to pursue a romantic interest in Sasha and, as you clearly showed, did give you an o

• yay more ship wars

• edited May 2016

Saying they missed each other is only caused by having Rhys say he missed her, that is again, based on your choices. And I've said it before, I do think the hug should have been more than just rejecting Hyperion, it should have been based on several choices throughout the game, like getting Kenny to go with you in Season 1, I'm with you on that. She asks if the disguise is going to work because she doesn't want to blow their cover and cause the plan to fail, not because she's asking Rhys how she looks, and then you have Rhys say if it thinks the disguise is good enough or not. That's not really a moment, that's just making sure the plan is still a good one.

And if I was in your shoes, I would still want to go to Toys R Us, I'm very persistent like that. And like I said, you're given the options to not pursue the interest in Sasha because you want to go down the Rhys and Fiona path. It's more like wanting to go to Toys R Us and your mom saying "I promise we will go, I just need to go clothes shopping for a bit, but don't worry, we'll still have plenty of time to go buy some toys."

Poogers555 posted: »

Well I think saying that the romance is not forced but leaded is kinda an understatement. There are plenty of times after the flower scene t

• Fucking hell, not this shit again.

• It's not a dating simulator.

• E N D M Y S U F F E R I N G

• Inb4 ship wars.

• Well what I meant with the store about to close so you might just forget toys r us was just to relate to people who just lost interest and figured there was no point of trying, but like you said people who were determind to go get those toys were going to.

I also only mention the quick change in ep 4 because there's audio of Fiona saying exactly what Sasha says, so I'm guessing they decided to change it to help keep the hand holding going.

Saying they missed each other is only caused by having Rhys say he missed her, that is again, based on your choices. And I've said it before

• there's audio of Fiona saying exactly what Sasha says

There is? Didn't know that, I kind of want to hear it.

Well what I meant with the store about to close so you might just forget toys r us was just to relate to people who just lost interest and f

• edited May 2016

You're pretty late for that, you know.

enter image description here

• edited May 2016

Okay, I usually understand shipping complaints from people who ship Rhyiona, but this is a little ridiculous, especially from a business perspective

"Because of the 15% of the game that focused on potential romance was not with a character I wanted, I want telltale to go back and pay the unnecessary costs of fundamentally changing the game months after the main customer base has already played it."

...Okay.

• So you want a romance with Fiona, who is your other playable character? That's weird, plus Fiona strikes me as someone who gives zero shits about personal romance at this point in her life. Plus she pretty much thought that Rhys was toilet film. That's bro, bro.

• edited May 2016

gets up on stage

Hey.

Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey.

Hey, mid-to-late 2015s, they called and want their commonplace shipping thread back.

audience roars in laughter

• Good for you.

• I got you fam

there's audio of Fiona saying exactly what Sasha says There is? Didn't know that, I kind of want to hear it.

• I don't get why Rhyiona is complaining at all, it can optionally get implied. I mean I get those who don't know that option is there - they can just go back and pick it - but the ones who do leave me baffled.

LoseMyHome posted: »

Okay, I usually understand shipping complaints from people who ship Rhyiona, but this is a little ridiculous, especially from a business per

• Good ol' "Rhysha is forced OMG!!" shitstorm

Haven't seen one of these in quite a while

• Oh, it's one of those threads. Come on guys, it's time to

• Secretly tries to kill Elsa in that GIF.

Pipas posted: »

Oh, it's one of those threads. Come on guys, it's time to

• Please, just

Pipas posted: »

Oh, it's one of those threads. Come on guys, it's time to

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited May 2016

just instead of forced death they made a forced romance

You're making it sound like a forced romance is as bad as a forced death

At least a romance doesn't mean a character is permanently gone from the story, along with any potential they may have had. If I had to pick, I'd rather take a romance the game pushes me into, than having yet another character I saved and/or liked end up dying no matter what.

• 1) If it's forced then every canon romance ever is forced.

2) They give you the option to reject the canon relationship if you want. No other type of fiction allows that.

• Chill out buds, you don't have to give Sasha the flower. Or romance her at all really.

This is a story. There are going to be plot points. Some you will like. Others will infuriate you. It's still a story, it has to be headed somewhere. It's NOT a role playing game, with multiple love interests to choose from.

• Han and Leia is forced guys. Rewrite Star Wars!

• Here we go again. You know, I have fun with these things. I really do.

"Romance with Sasha is forced and frustrating why no Fiona choice instead?" Thread Title

"Tales from the Borderlands - Rhys x Fiona Confirmed" Video Title

But wait, there's more.

"no forced death like in Walking Dead" -Thread

"instead of forced death they made a forced romance" - Also thread

You see a pattern here? Repeat after me, kids!

C - A - N - O - N

Just read a little more

Let's look at the message you get when loading up any TTG's first episode.

Tailored. Not changed, tailored. There is a plot, and there is a script. They do not write 50 different scripts just in case you want to start a whole different set of events irrelevant to the game. Let's take this case you are distraught about. The romance in a game that's over 6 hours long total, only showing up for less than 30 minutes.

Let me state you a hard truth; the game doesn't care about how you feel about it's events. It won't stop and let you change it's story. More likely than not, the devs don't either. If you want a choose your own adventure genre, go play MMORPGs.

• Ahh I missed those kinds of threads so much! Bring back the memories...

• precisely

I got you fam

• Interesting, but to be honest, I can see why this was removed from the game, and no it has nothing to do with shipping. Some of the stuff she says here is not really stuff I could really see Fiona saying based on what we know about her character. While she expressed doubt in her ability to become a Vault Hunter, she had never been doubtful about her skills at conning. She even says her one talent is "talking to people until they get confused." She does consider herself an expert conner who can get herself out of any sort of situation, she was always very confident with her abilities in this regard. So why would she be asking Rhys, or anyone really, if the disguise is going to work? If this was the Fiona I know, she wouldn't have any sort of doubt or worry about it not working and, if something were to happen, she could easily talk her way out of it. Sasha, on the other hand, is much less experienced than Fiona, she doesn't have that same level of confidence in her conning nor is she as good at it as Fiona. Hell, she feels guilty about conning and lying to August, if this was Fiona, I doubt she would have any sense of remorse about it. So yeah, Sasha is going to wonder if the disguise is convincing enough, while Fiona feels pretty confident with how things are.

That, and you had August say that Fiona should be able to blend right in, no matter what she's wearing. It could be the Hyperion uniform, her regular clothes, the Steampunk Princess, whatever, August says she'll fit right in, he only says Sasha is the one that should change. So if she was told she could easily fit right in, again, why would she need to ask Rhys if the disguise would work?

I got you fam

• True, but I was just trying to say that I feel like they removed it because it takes out an entire interaction that can be seen as "flirty" at all, like the wink or whatever, so they decided it should be completely changed.

Interesting, but to be honest, I can see why this was removed from the game, and no it has nothing to do with shipping. Some of the stuff sh

• What about Robin Hood?

We should really be able to make him fall in love with the Sherriff of Nottingham instead of that boring Maid Marian that he truly seems to love. He doesn't know what he really wants, as a character - but i do.
    I know more about his character and what it needs, better than the person/people who created him. Lol!

Whatever, that is what fanfiction is for, i guess OP. If you're really that burnt up about it, go write it how you wish it had played out.

I've said it before, i'll say it again: The story of TFTB was good, and the light flirting that happened between Sasha and Rhys seemed like exactly where those characters were headed once they met. It was in their personalities.

bossmanham posted: »

Han and Leia is forced guys. Rewrite Star Wars!

• edited May 2016

That's edgy as eff!

:-D

Arya_Stupid posted: »

What about Robin Hood? We should really be able to make him fall in love with the Sherriff of Nottingham instead of that boring Maid Mari

• that's true, compared to TWD 1 where you get so many options like leaving at night or in the morning, saving doug or carley or killing the cannibals or not or siding with kenny or lilly, saving ben at the tower or not. even though, there are almost the same outcomes, at least there were many options along the way.

True, but I was just trying to say that I feel like they removed it because it takes out an entire interaction that can be seen as "flirty" at all, like the wink or whatever, so they decided it should be completely changed.

• that's true, but compared to TWD 1 where you get so many options like leaving at night or in the morning, saving doug or carley or killing the cannibals or not or siding with kenny or lilly, saving ben at the tower or not. even though, there are almost the same outcomes, at least there were many options along the way.

• Rhysha forever!! But I never really felt it was forced. Also isn't the point in a ship to ship people together even if they can get together or not.

If there was no Rhysha and it was just Rhyiona I'd still be wanting Rhysha art and fanfic because I like the idea of those two together.

• I always figured Fiona for a much more secluded individual. Somewhat more of a loner.

Plus their chemistry seems a bit more offbeat sibling-like rather than flirty. It'd make more sense that Rhys and Sasha would hook up rather than Fiona.

• I agree. Just like Rhys points out, they seem to compliment each other so well.

I always figured Fiona for a much more secluded individual. Somewhat more of a loner. Plus their chemistry seems a bit more offbeat sibling-like rather than flirty. It'd make more sense that Rhys and Sasha would hook up rather than Fiona.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.