Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

Comments

• edited January 2021

I can imagine it being a commercial for a GI Joe styled action figure riding a helicopter and it shoots down another action figure that suspiciously looks like Pietro.

AChicken posted: »

Neat! (Spoiler)

• Ooh, I'm getting second-hand depression from that one.

lupinb0y posted: »

(Spoiler)

• Okay, seriously, I love the credits to WandaVision. Might get into some spoilery theorizing -- though that's only if I'm right in the end.

It's worth it to note that it might be changing a bit with each episode, as EP1's and EP2's each started with a different 'offline TV broadcast card' (the Please Stand By image). Also the opening shots of a close-up on a TV screen -- as if someone is meticulously watching and analyzing this strange TV series of Wanda and Vision feature a few differing clips between the two episodes. Notably, the zoom-into the TV screen for EP1 uses a black-and-white-with-glasses Vision, whereas Episode 2 zooms into a Vision in Technicolour.

The CGI montage after that doesn't seem to change, as far as I know, but I really love it! It's such a genius move to have it focus on the RGB pixels of a TV screen that WandaVision takes place in, showing those pixels to all shift to red, influenced by Wanda's power.
    We also see a Rose, some Glasses, a Gazebo, a Water Tower, and a whole House suddenly materialize through these Red Pixels, further emphasizing that this is all some sort of creation from Wanda's powers. Eventually though, something breaks and the whole illusion literally falls apart -- definitely some foreshadowing to what's gonna happen later.

All in all though, I really enjoy the visuals in the credits (they're as cool and as polished as any Marvel film), and the main theme is gorgeous to listen to as well.

Man, I'm going to be so impatient with this series... (I didn't have this problem with Mando since I really waited until each season had fully aired before jumping in, so I could make my own watch schedule. Plus, I'm sure the weekly format was more palatable for Mando as a lot of his episodes are episodic stories that mostly get wrapped up in 40 minutes, just side-quests with minimal ties to an overarching plot. That's less applicable to WV, in my opinion.)

• edited January 2021

Damn, WandaVision really is the coolest thing to come out of the MCU in recent years!
    It's both pretty-good sitcom material and (at least in this episode) really turns up the tension when it wants to.

This week's episode was in the 70's, all in colour and with another new look for the house!
    Love the quirky uses of Wanda's powers in this episode causing chaos

So Wanda is pregnant -- basically 12 hours after last finding that baby bump -- and she's already 6 months into it!
    Something to note: there's been quite a few references to pregnancy and children throughout the past 2 episodes already, so whether it's Wanda's subconscious wanting to have children or someone subliminally suggesting to her to have children, I'm not soo sure. Whatever the case, she's got kids now.

Biggest, coolest moment of the series so far (and especially for Wanda's MCU arc) is a Pietro name drop. I haven't heard that name in years! He was quickly killed off in Age of Ultron, then quickly forgotten in favour of her character cultivating a relationship with Vision. Was a pretty cool bombshell to drop so suddenly.

And again, Geraldine appears in this episode, though her façade wears thin throughout their conversation. After the Stork seems to startle her, I swear it seemed like she dropper her accent and demeanor, acting way more confused and afraid than what should be the proper reaction in that situation.
    Not long after that though, she name-drops Ultron as the murderer of Pietro. Holy shit. Things get tense between her and Wanda (and ooh boy the backing track is tense AF). Before making her forced exit, stage right.

There's also the strange conversation Agnes and Herb have outside their house, both seemingly self-aware and either unable to or unwilling to spill the beans on who they are and why they're so untrustworthy of Geraldine. "We are all..." what???
    And what's up with Agnes' husband Ralph? He "looks good in the dark"? Ooh boy, creepy.

One more thing: That moment when Vision starts to realize something is wrong with the town, and it skips back a few seconds... GENIUS. Literally thought my internet was acting up, but nah, it was Wanda hiding something... (Actually, my internet was acting up all throughout the episode, but I knew when it was due to a buffering screen.)
    "Small towns... so hard to escape."

Huge set-up episode for the next few weeks, I'm sure. I'm excited to see how much this thing unravels before the curtain gets ripped away. That aspect-ratio change at the end was awesome.

• I think they should have done 2 episodes per week up until episode 7-9 where it becomes traditional MCU. I think the logic is wanting WV to finish a week before Falcon and Winter Soldier with no break but these episodes are really slow for most viewers. I doubt WandaVision has pulled subscriptions in like Mandalorian did.

Also just realized we have a steady stream of Marvel content through like September. I don't even think they're taking any week off until in between What If and Ms.Marvel in September

Okay, seriously, I love the credits to WandaVision. Might get into some spoilery theorizing -- though that's only if I'm right in the end.

• Considering this show is reportedly around 6 hours long, with each sitcom episode so far sticking to its 25-ish minute format, by Episode 6 that'll only have been 3 hours worth of content, with the final 3 probably being around 1 hour each, I bet.
    I'm fine with the slow burn, but it probably would have been better to do 2 episodes per week, as you said, since the show is really going to move slow if we can only see it in 30-minute chunks. Ah well, I like the novelty of it.

But, uh... this is definitely to keep people subscribed with very few breaks of content.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

I think they should have done 2 episodes per week up until episode 7-9 where it becomes traditional MCU. I think the logic is wanting WV to

• Watched the first 3 episodes today and I got to say I am very intrigued by WandaVision. Looking forward to seeing where it goes forward.

Also I find it to be really refreshing of Marvel to do something unique like this. Probably a mix of that there hasn't been any new Marvel stuff in over a year, but it is also something in the MCU that isnt just bad guy vs good guy. Personally I was starting to find Marvel to be getting pretty stale with the exception of Infinity War and Endgame because they broke the formula for once, so I hope the other MCU shows have a more unique take like WandaVision has.

(I only wish episode 1 had better sound design. The audio is too clear for the era it is replicating. Obviously a really small thing and it was probably done because modern audiences may think something is wrong with the actual audio, but I would have really liked it. Plus it could add to the transition to episode 2, how a lot of the traditional camera work becomes more and more obsolete as the episode goes on. It could've been that plus the audio becomes cleaner.)

• edited January 2021

(I only wish episode 1 had better sound design.

Lol, same but different. I wish episode 2 had worse image quality. The difference between Episode 1 and 2's image quality is pretty big. I could instantly tell Episode 2 had the better HD cameras and they just used a good black-and-white filter and 4:3 ratio over it.
    (But hey, at least Episodes 1 and 2 use Mono Audio! That's accurate to the times!)

Poogers555 posted: »

Watched the first 3 episodes today and I got to say I am very intrigued by WandaVision. Looking forward to seeing where it goes forward.

• edited January 2021

In case you missed it, (and you definitely did) the Marvel Studios Music Youtube channel has been uploading pieces from the WandaVision Original Score each week, recently adding Episode 3's tracks. This also includes the snazzy sitcom theme songs from the Anderson-Lopez's.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/MarvelMusicVEVO/videos

edit: (aw yess it's that super intense track from episode 3!)

EDIT 2: WAIT. So apparently the Credits tune is actually "Wanda's Theme". That's badass!!

• Me after episode 4 of WandaVision.

I loved it! Probably my favourite of the bunch so far. The first few minutes in particular were fantastic! Very very excited for the next episode.

• edited January 2021

This show really stepped up, 4 was my favorite episode by a huge margin. Darcy and Woo were highlights
    Opening described the blip way better than FFH, which didn't do it bad but I liked this take.

Also, they released a SPOILER filled teaser for the upcoming episode that confirms tons of stuff
    Watch out for it, but if you're interested here it is

SPOILERS INSIDE HERE. Big stuff that will ruin shocking moments

Vision outside of Westview at the Shield base with a hole in his head

Agnes

• Okay so... I'm confused.

This is a pretty spoilery trailer in terms of upcoming reveals and action moments. I had to stop watching halfway through because it was looking like too much.
    I wonder why Disney is loosening up in terms of keeping the mystery a secret. Maybe they're trying to hold on to the people who aren't enjoying the sitcom aspect?

Episode 4 was very good. Honestly, by the end I was kind of missing the sitcom element, but I'm sure that'll return next week. (finally, we see where some of that multi-million dollar budget went!)
    But it was a good idea to have a real-world focused side episode here to mix up the pacing and answer some of those mysteries from the past few weeks. It probably would have gotten very tedious if we'd had 6 weeks straight of a slow-burn mystery.

I'm excited for what's coming next!
    I wonder why some elements remain in technicolor during the 50s era and I'm excited to see Monica's response to being part of that world. Ooh it's getting good!

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

This show really stepped up, 4 was my favorite episode by a huge margin. Darcy and Woo were highlights Opening described the blip way bette

• lol I had to stop watching half way too because I was kinda like "Cant be that bad, right?"

Reminds me of Endgame's promotion how before release the trailers were ultra cryptic then after release was basically showing the whole movie in 25 seconds lmao

Okay so... I'm confused. This is a pretty spoilery trailer in terms of upcoming reveals and action moments. I had to stop watching halfwa

• Lets get this motherfucking show on the road. That ep 5 ending is nuts.

Nothing could ever replace agents of shield as my favourite mcu show, but this sure is getting close if they keep up.

• edited February 2021

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Also that Lagos joke was fucked up lmao. "Lagos. For when you make a mess you didn't mean to."

• edited February 2021

I NEED TO LIE DOWN WTF

They're using this sitcom style so well! holy moly!

• Alright, so OF COURSE like any sitcom that goes on for too long, they've got to jump the shark at some point with a Major character revival. And they do frickin Pietro. I'm floored.
    • AND it's not even the right guy! It's Evan Peters! Quicksilver from the Fox Movies!! Genius recasting! (but also quite sad)
    • Bunch of other neat things in the episode too like Wanda with a slight-Russian accent after leaving the field.
    • Sooo many moments of foreshadowing/ironic dialogue than usual.
    • Agnes has something up her sleeve I swear!! She's the real actor here.
    • The shifting between Marvel Thriller and Zany Sitcom is being used so well.
    • Love, love looove the rolling credits to cut off Vision, yet the episode continues regardless in the background. We finally got our first non-sitcom length episode because of their fight. How cool.

Also, don't know if anyone missed it, but last week we got a new WV series poster. I like it.

• Its interesting to me that they have the beekeeper (at least it looks like him) in the poster, right behind Woo, kinda hidden. Wonder if that means something considering that we never saw what happened to him.

I NEED TO LIE DOWN WTF They're using this sitcom style so well! holy moly! (Spoiler) Also, don't know if anyone missed it, but last week we got a new WV series poster. I like it. (Spoiler)

• Hearing nothing but praise from this weird ass format floating around. Good to hear.

• edited February 2021

Pretty solid episode again.

I really hope they don't do a surprise villain reveal at the end though which I am afraid they will do. I like how this is much more character focused for Wanda and I feel it makes her a lot stronger of a character as before I always felt Scarlet Witch and Vision were kinda boring in the MCU as I felt they weren't very developed. (like how their romance is basically 100% off screen before this show. After watching WandaVision the scene where Wanda has to kill Vision in IW is now a lot more impactful I feel. Not that it wasnt a great scene already, but now with knowing more about the 2s relationship I feel it is enhanced a lot.) A reveal that theres actually some villain hidden away I feel would take a lot way from all this character development.

One nitpick thing though is I didnt really like how they talked about the final battle in Endgame. Very small and really does not matter at all, I just dont really like it because it implies the battle was like video taped or something lol.

And lastly I highly doubt Quicksilver is actually re-casted. They immediately point out he was re-casted meaning it isn't "in-universe." Seems much more likely Wanda just took some guy and made him her brother.
    I do have a small theory so feel free to immediately prove me wrong as I cant remember fully, but I don't think we ever see the bee-keeper agents face. Yes we can kind of see an outline but iirc we dont get a clear shot of his face. I wouldnt be surprised if this is who Quicksilver is now as its odd he "disappears." So I really wouldnt be surprised if by next episode after a healthy dose of making us wonder who this guy is it will be revealed by Sword watching "Jesus Christ thats Agent Johnny!" (Yes there are some moments you can kinda sorta see this guys face but I feel thats mostly to hide the actor for the reveal. Someone would notice even though his face is 95% blacked out. So I think thats just to hide the actor. As for why they got the Fox actor I think its mostly just a fan-service joke thing, I doubt it will actually be important for X-Men crossing over into the MCU whenever that all happens.)

So I went back and the bee-keeper guy is Agent Franklin who's face or voice we dont see or hear. He is also played by a guy who is basically just does a crap ton of behind the scenes and background character work with Marvel. I am really starting to feel that due to making this agent guy so mysterious it will be revealed Franklin is really this Quicksilver and it is really a bait for fans. I really dont see this kind of cross over happening so soon officially. Darcy is also the only one shown from Sword to react and has not actually seen what Franklin looks like. So again, I have a feeling next episode will focus on "Quicksilver" until it is revealed probably towards the end that other Sword agents know its Franklin. Because other wise I dont really see why Franklin not only disappears but is purposely never able to be identified.

• New trailer for The Falcon and The Winter Soldier!

Lookin' like it'll be a lot of fun. Very happy that there'll only be a week break between the end of WandaVision and this.

• Mmm can I just say that WandaVision is such a dang good bit of character development for Wanda and Vision, and such an awesome project for Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany.

Liz's mastery of that slightly-old-timey American accent! Her shifting of emotion and the mystery around that... The wardrobe department is so on-point as well!
    And... Paul can act! He can show so much emotion! Both for the character and the actor himself, it's just so cool to see!
    This show is giving me a nice fuzzy feeling. Awesome, unique entry in the MCU for sure.

• edited February 2021

Because WV keeps recommending me Age of Ultron after every new episode, I finally gave in tonight, both to prepare myself for that character and to refresh my memory on the film.

I've only ever seen the movie once and once only, and that was way back in 2015 at a movie theater.
    Pretty sure I remember leaving the theater enjoying it, but being kinda disappointed in it for various reasons. (Might have been length, the sudden introduction to Vision, Ultron himself or a number of different reasons.)

I can safely say that the movie still holds up well, and is probably better on a re-watch, or at least knowing where the MCU heads after this. There's a lot of planting seeds in this film that only improves when you know the payoff to it.

• Thor's vision of the Infinity Stones that kicks off this recent epic saga
    • The Introduction of Wanda and Vision for obvious reasons at the moment.
    • Hulk's departure from Earth after his losing control.
    • The introduction of Wakanda, their deposit of Vibranium and the mercenary thief Ulysses Klaue.

It's pretty nice, but the film's not perfect, and I'd say is the worst of the team-up films. (Haven't seen Avengers 1 in a while either though, but I feel like that one still holds up well.)

• Ultron is just so... strange. I remember him being very ominous and menacing in the trailers, but while he's got his moments like that in the film, they make him really snarky and have some goofy lines that really contradict him being this powerful, robotic being hell-bent on destroying the Avengers and the rest of the planet. If he didn't have lines like "People make... smaller people? Children!! The word... slipped my mind... :tongue:" the movie would improve tenfold.
    • Some of the jokes just feel weird. Can't pinpoint why, but some of them just feel awkward.
    • The relationship between Nat and Bruce is fine, but there seems to be such a huge, un-needed focus on it. I'm fine with them making doe eyes at each other a bunch, but the action and plot always seemed to slow to a crawl whenever it cuts to the two of them.
    • This movie feels pretty disconnected from previous continuity. Tony seems more dickish than afraid (as he literally created a robot who wants to destroy humanity -- something he wanted to prevent from even happening since Avengers 1 -- and in the scene where the Avengers confront him about it, he literally laughs it off. Ummm??
      Steve is played up a lot more as this boyscout-type hero, which is pretty different from the espionage-laden, coming-of-age maturity he went through in the Winter Soldier. (I do enjoy the "Language!" running joke throughout the film.)
      Also as I'll mention, no Sam Wilson/Falcon.

• Falcon makes an appearance in the party scene but is then totally forgotten about right after that. He didn't stay for the after-party hammer-lifting?

• Other "new members" to the Avengers that could really have shaken up the team dynamics near the start only happen near the end of the film. Vision is born (which was a great scene), Wanda and Pietro switch sides and Whedon remembers that Rhodey exists and uses him for the evacuation plan. No Falcon though. :(

And now about that Wanda and Pietro stuff in relation to Wandavision.
    Ooh.
    I'm pretty excited to see what -- if any -- effect Pietro's sudden appearance/resurrection has to do with Wanda's psyche and how the plot unfolds from here. The idea to cast Evan Peters had to be a conscious decision, and I'm sure the "hey, you look different" aspect of it will come into play. I didn't remember too much of the MCU Pietro from AoU, so this film was a nice refresher. Here's hoping he gets a cameo in this series too, as Wanda's "real" brother.
    Keep in mind this nice, heart-breaking plot detail: Pietro died because Wanda told him to help evacuate people from Sokovia rather than defend the center of the city alongside her. So... Wanda probably lays a bit of the blame on herself. Hmmm... I wonder if that'll get brought up.

• Trying to avoid spoilers has just made me descend into madness, I always forget about it until it's too late. Though, I think I've been doing good staying away from the spoilers this week. Really looking forward to watching this new episode with my family. Which, boy. Watching MCU shows with your family can be really annoying at times. They ask so many questions. But, it's all good because I know the answers most of the time.

Okay, aside from that. I am really loving this show, this might be one of my favorite Marvel projects. (Other than GOTG, of course!)

• edited February 2021

@DeliciousDeku

Which, boy. Watching MCU shows with your family can be really annoying at times. They ask so many questions. But, it's all good because I know the answers most of the time.

Ah, good. It's not just me. The asking questions about the overall MCU, I get, but my folks just seem to be having trouble following this show week by week! Keep having to re-explain the whole mystery from start to finish for them whenever a question pops up. Ah well...

this might be one of my favorite Marvel projects. (Other than GOTG, of course!)

My man!

I've heard from a friend that this week's episode is pretty freaking awesome. I'm excited.

• Watched the new episode and I liked it a lot. This is def my favorite TV show at the moment and I'm really impressed with it. I really hope the rest of the Marvel shows are as ambitious but time will tell. Loki seems like it will be pretty similar to WandaVision in terms of trying something different, Falcon and Winter Solider looks more like a regular marvel film. (Hell they even described it as a marvel film split in 6 parts, so.)

Anyway, really liking WandaVision. I hope Marvel continues to do more experimental and creative projects like this.

• edited February 2021

Good episode.

Ended a bit abruptly but I enjoyed the rest.

Am I the only one who’s not liking Monica or Darcy even though i liked them in their previous movies?

Darcy has been annoying and not as funny as she was in the Thor movies. That and I’m just not emotionally invested in Monica’s plot so far.

Really enjoyed Evan Peters in this episode

• edited February 2021

Mmm Wandavision Episode 6.

I'm a bit disappointed that the return of other-Pietro wasn't the massive, earth-shaking twist I was expecting it to be, but nevertheless, this episode had a huge increase in tension and action.

• The intro is so freaking 90s. Whole rebellious, overly-cool-rock and tween attitude. Really well executed.
    • Ahh, and this episode is on Halloween. Just think: had this show released in the Fall when it was supposed to, we probably would have gotten this episode just before the actual date. (Friday, Oct.30th 2020)
    • Loving the comic references to Wanda, Vision and even Quicksilver's costumes.
    • I get that Monica has powers in the comics and they've got to develop her origin story somehow, but the whole "you went through the sitcom radiation twice changed your DNA" or whatever feels a little too convenient. (And don't get me started on the super-quick "I'm a master hacker" scene.)
    • I'm doubting whether Agnes is the real big bad in this show, since she did seem to wake from her frozen trance after Vision touched her. However, there's also the possibility that it's a red herring and she was faking it.
    • And yeah, of course this halloween episode is the creepiest yet. Frozen people on the outskirts of town, Vision falling to pieces trying to escape, ooooh boy.
    • And that ending... Holy cow. Whatever the case, it seems Wanda does have some agency over the Hex, being able to expand it. Wow she may have overdid it though. RIP the sanity of all those Agents, also Darcy. (Excited to see her new role next week!)
    • There's also the question of who in the world Monica called? An Avenger? Maybe Doctor Strange? (No idea why she'd have Doctor Strange in her phonebook, but this show does tie into DR2 in some way... Hmmm)
    • I cant wait (mostly due to that dang cliffhanger) for next week. Wanda's slipping, but she doesn't want to let go. This is gonna hurt. 2000's Mockumentary episode next week, too! Finally, a sitcom format I'm familiar with! I'm hyped.

This series reportedly has 6 hours of content and we're only about 3-3.5 hours into it. Either the next 3 episodes are going to be 1 hour each or two 30mins and one 2-hour, or something in between... Hopefully that's true. This show is just soooo good.

Ended a bit abruptly but I enjoyed the rest.

The real villain of this series is the 'Please Stand By' screen.

• edited February 2021

I am still hoping there isnt some twist of "lol real bad guy!" but I dont think that will be the case anymore. The Go-magic commercial was kinda obviously a reference to something that happened to Wanda we didnt see yet. In this case the Shark saying he can help the boy by giving him the go-magic only for him to not be able to actually eat it and then rots away. I feel its kind of obvious later it will be revealed the real life "shark" offered Wanda some sort of solution to get Vision back and have a "normal life" with the catch being she cant "actually" have this fantasy world she made as it slowly falls apart. Also, I think Agnes is just a red herring.

Pietro is probably the "real" bad guy. I also wish this wasnt the case because it gets too generic but Hayward probably is connected to Pietro with the reveal of how he has actually had access to things in the Hex such as tracking Vision without telling anyone. Im still betting Pietro is really Agent Franklin as he disappeared and the show purposely seemed to forget his existence. Hayward sent him in, Pietro knows Vision is dead, wouldnt be surprised if its actually some scheme by Hayward and he found a way to get around full control of Wanda. So the Pietro thing would actually be a fake out which would probably disappoint a lot of people. (But this wouldnt explain why he has Quicksilver's powers unless Wanda literally gave them to him. But that goes to my next point.)

A lot of people are theorizing the Hex is going to be what causes Mutants in the MCU. Monica has powers in the comic, so she will probably become one of the first mutants. Or like I was saying earlier, maybe Wanda can actually give people powers and turn them into mutants.

Monica aint calling Dr. Strange because shes calling a aerospace engineer. If we are lucky, the reveal is Reid Richards joining the MCU. That said, Elizabeth Olsen did hint that the last episode will have a big guest star and my bet is its Dr. Strange. His involvement seems kind of inevitable because its other worldly stuff plus the fact that you know, Wanda is in Dr. Strange 2.

Mmm Wandavision Episode 6. (Spoiler) This series reportedly has 6 hours of content and we're only about 3-3.5 hours into it. Either th

• edited February 2021

Oh, so that's what the yogurt commercial was referencing! I couldn't place it. No wonder, 'cause I hadn't seen it yet.

Yeah, the reveal of Pietro to be some malicious agent trying to coax Wanda into doing something would be a bit disappointing. Though I'm not really a fan of the theory where he's "the literal same Quicksilver from the X-Men franchise -- because Multiverse.", as that feels a bit too convenient and a cop-out for the real character. I'd be content and satisfied if he was just a purely fictional entity, some illusion Wanda or whoever else has conjured up, either to help her cope or to subconsciously try to remind her of the real world. (As it's been noted that it's abnormal and insanely powerful for Wanda to be able to change and conjur matter from nothing. Something she's doing with her kids it seems as well as many of the buildings in Westview. [And also -- possible spoiler -- an old trailer had footage of Wanda changing objects on-the-fly, and I'm pretty sure her house is just an under-construction building made to look real.])
    You do bring up a good point with the missing Beekeeper.

I've seen the Hex causes mutants theory float around a bunch and yeah, that seems to be where we're headed.

Good point with Reed Richards. I'd noticed (note: was told about) the reference a few weeks ago, but honestly while that could be a nice premature set-up for the F4, I can't believe Disney would be able to keep RR's casting a secret. (Or, maybe they can. we'll see.) One thing's for sure, if both the Fantastic Four set-up and the appearance of Doctor Strange happens in this show, my brain is going to implode with hype. This show could set-up so much content at once, and I'd be really impressed if they manage to pull that off. Feige and the Writers must have had some crazy few months, planning this out.

Oh. Cool to note that "Cataracts" (the name of Agent Hayward's secret project) is when your Vision degrades and disappears. So, he's out to get Vision killed, probably take the body back, and he may have someone on the inside to do it (which is why he's got tabs on Vision the whole time).

(Spoiler)

• Spoiler warning for Wandavision...

I really hope that this Pietro is just from another universe and not some villain that was just disguising himself as Pietro. I'm loving the character so far, and I really hope he's a character who stays... Or maybe they'll tease the multiverse with him. Who knows at this rate.

• so there's a WandaVision clip for tomorrow's episode out now
    I gave in and watched some of it

Where the hell is Vision, Wanda?!
    And ohhh no she's become self-aware. The tension factor is off-the-charts.

The replication of the Modern Family style is great though.

• Really enjoyed episode 7, especially the bit at the end! Only two more episodes to go!

Just so ya'll know there's a mid-credits scene this episode so don't miss it.

• edited February 2021

Just so ya'll know there's a mid-credits scene this episode so don't miss it.

Damn, so this episode really is a return-to-form for the MCU format.
    RIP sitcom style. You will be missed

Edit:

And the episode is called "Breaking the Fourth Wall"
    oh shiiiiit

Also, it's looking like the Falcon and Winter Soldier TV Spot ad blitz begins today. This 30-second trailer was just released a few hours ago. Judging by how many TV spots there were for WandaVision... My YouTube reccomendation box is shivering in fear...

lupinb0y posted: »

Really enjoyed episode 7, especially the bit at the end! Only two more episodes to go! Just so ya'll know there's a mid-credits scene this episode so don't miss it.

• edited February 2021

I think this was probably my least favorite episode tbh. Not that I think the episode was bad because it wasnt, but I feel the others are much stronger.

A bit disappointing that after hyping up this "contact" its a literal nobody. I'm guess that probably wasn't intentional when creating the show now after seeing the reveal very clearly acting as if the contact had 0 actual importance other than just being where Jimmy and Monica are suppose to go.

Also I was really confused on why this big ass rover couldnt get through, but for some reason Monica can and she somehow can remember things fine? Was that at all explained in an older episode and I forgot or does the show just not care because they need to give her super powers?

And lastly I was really hoping for there not to be a "surprise bad guy" but they still did it, with the most obvious character too. Was really hoping they would fully commit to what the first half of the season was implying but I guess Marvel still wants everyone to know that there's actually always a bad guy responsible for your problems.

Still really enjoying the series, and again I dont think this episode is bad at all, but I wish they committed. Hopefully the last 2 episode do something more original instead of turning it into Wanda and Vision vs Agatha. (Oh also the song was cool and Re7 mold up in the house)

• edited February 2021

Alright, alright, alright. Pretty nice WandaVision episode and I found the ending a neat way to tie up all the sitcoms they've parodied over the past few weeks. I'm gonna miss it, that's for sure.

The surprise villain reveal unfortunately was majorly telegraphed (to me) throughout the episode, so I was expecting it from the start of the creepy shenanigans. (I blame reddit and the massive amount of comic-savvy people who called this months ago (heck, I think they've been talking about it since the casting was revealed)..
    The Modern Family style I feel was underutilized, but what can ya do when we're this close to the climax of the show and all our characters get separated from each other. Can't take too much time having silly family antics and interview segments. What we got was fine and good, but I expected more between the characters when the 2000s era was first announced.
    It was pretty interesting to have Wanda's 4th wall moments essentially be her going through a mental breakdown caused by her own anxiety and isolation.

I feel like they brushed aside Darcy's mind control way too fast. Now, she's only been in the Hex for maybe a few hours at most, but I expected a bit more of a reaction than 'looking like she's about to hurl'. Every other character that's been woken up (okay, well, only Norm) seemed really emotionally affected by it. Not Darcy apparently.

I also wonder if there's more than just Agatha as the evil villain. Agent Hayward. He could prove to be a final threat to Wanda and Vision, trying to take Vision back for himself, but that would probably end in his death and I feel like Marvel has plans for his character in the future.
    Part of me is still hoping that Wanda ends up going bad somehow by the end of the show, and that's how she ties into Doctor Strange. Would be a really cool character dynamic and moral shift for her.

A bit disappointing that after hyping up this "contact" its a literal nobody.

Wait, did they really reveal the contact already? Must have been really quick because I don't remember seeing that. I don't think that's who you think it might have been...
    Paul Bettany has recently been quoted saying that the "Mind-blowing character reveal" is played by an actor that he respects very much and has always wanted to meet in-person, and it's not Doctor Strange.

"Of all of the characters that we were trying to keep secret, a lot of them got out through leaks, there is one character that has not been revealed," Bettany, who plays the android Vision on Marvel's Disney Plus series, told Esquire in a new video interview. link

Also I was really confused on why this big ass rover couldn't get through, but for some reason Monica can and she somehow can remember things fine? Was that at all explained in an older episode and I forgot or does the show just not care because they need to give her super powers?

Let's recap:

• Monica shows up to the Hex to meet Jimmy Woo. He claims that there's a powerful energy field surrounding the town, no one can get in. She investigates the barrier and gets pulled in. (Later revealed to possibly by a cry for help from Wanda, who trusted Monica to help her somehow.)
    • She later gets kicked out (from an energy blast from Wanda), pushing her through the barrier a second time.
    • In tests and X-Rays, it's revealed that they come out blank as if there's some electrical/radiation interference.
    • It's also later revealed that Monica's cells have been rewritten after going through the field twice. They're pretty sure that's bad for her health, so they advise her not to go through a third time.
    • The top-of-the-line tank that is supposed to be able to crash through, unaffected by the radiation fails, leading to Monica jumping in herself.
    • Turns out going through a third time doesn't kill her, and now she has superpowers. (How she does it, idk, but she got through on willpower or something.)
  • Turns out going through a third time doesn't kill her, and now she has superpowers. (How she does it, idk, but she got through on willpower or something.)

In the comics she has super strength among a foray of other powers so she probably just super strengthed her way through the Hex since she's unlocked her powers.

Alright, alright, alright. Pretty nice WandaVision episode and I found the ending a neat way to tie up all the sitcoms they've parodied over the past few weeks. I'm gonna miss it, that's for sure. (Spoiler) @Poogers555 (Spoiler)

• Also I was really confused on why this big ass rover couldnt get through, but for some reason Monica can and she somehow can remember things fine? Was that at all explained in an older episode and I forgot or does the show just not care because they need to give her super powers?

I don't think anything was confirmed, but they have been repeating the fact that her cells have changed on a molecular level. From what I understand the fact that she has gone through the Hex before, and that her cells has changed because of it, she is able to walk through it, whereas other probably aren't.

As for why she remember things, it would seem that if you willingly enter, or enter at a time where she isn't expanding, then you don't forget things. She didn't forget anything the first time she entered, nor the second time. The beekeeper didn't seem to change either (except outfit) when he crawled in, but I obviously can't say for sure. When Wanda expanded she probably decided that everyone that goes in will be clowns etc. When Monica and the beekeeper has gone in, it has been in secret. She hasn't noticed them until they either slipped up or showed up.

Was really hoping they would fully commit to what the first half of the season was implying but I guess Marvel still wants everyone to know that there's actually always a bad guy responsible for your problems.

That's one way to oversimplify it. Wanda's by no means still a "good guy" here. She still broke into a S.W.O.R.D. lab and stole Vision's corpse. As far as we know, she still created the Hex and keeps everyone in there imprisoned for her own good. Granted, they could go down the route and say that Agatha is behind all that as well, which I hope they don't, and I don't think they will either.

@AChicken

I feel like they brushed aside Darcy's mind control way too fast. Now, she's only been in the Hex for maybe a few hours at most, but I expected a bit more of a reaction than 'looking like she's about to hurl'. Every other character that's been woken up (okay, well, only Norm) seemed really emotionally affected by it. Not Darcy apparently.

I think an important difference here is that Darcy was ready for this. She knew what would happen (even though she didn't necessarily know how it would feel). Norm and the gang probably didn't even know what was happening until they suddenly couldn't control themselves anymore. Also, seems kinda in character for Darcy not to be too bothered if I am being honest. Most things doesn't seem to faze her. And as you say, she wasn't in there for too long.

(Spoiler)

• Damn, this week's musical theme is too dang catchy. I haven't been able to get it out of my head today.

In other news, the opening credits feature some neat hidden details.

We might have our Stan Lee cameo for this series.
    This license plate of Wanda features a hidden reference to the birthday of Stan Lee.

There's also this ransom note hidden in the opening. Vision, perhaps?

• They did reveal Hayward was planning on turning Vision into a weapon so Wanda breaking in isnt exactly the "bad guy" thing to do as she stopped them from turning him into a weapon. (Or at least the info she knew about it was.)

It seems a bit implied in the show so far that "Wanda isnt actually sure what is happening" either in the hex seemingly saying she has been being used, and that "someone" was responsible for giving her the hex in the first place. I dont think (and hope not) that the reveal is literally it was all 100% Agatha down to every last thing but I am a bit worried it will be revealed she's been behind all of Wanda's influence and after she is defeated suddenly Wanda realizes she needs to shut down the hex. There are still 2 more episodes so like you said I hope they don't do that and I dont think they will seeing how the rest of the show has been very creative, but a part of me still has that feeling they wont want to really take the risk in that direction.

captainivy1 posted: »

(Spoiler) @AChicken (Spoiler)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.