Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

Comments

• as a filmmaker and a massive spider-man fanboy i hated it and that makes me very sad

DabigRG posted: »

Oh. I thought it was likely just okay, considering I wasn't really interested in looking into it.

• No taste for true works of art 😤 shame on you

spider-man far from home was wack

• edited August 2019

dumb formulated marvel movies for babies, with very little exceptions, are not art. they're popcorn movies made so disney can make extra money while their shitty remakes fail. logan is art, guardians 2 is art, spider-verse is art, the raimi trilogy is art and even homecoming can be considered art. far from home is a low effort cash grab that misunderstand the bare basics of filmmaking because they think "whoa cool spiderman!!11" will make them all the money they need, and they were right unfortunately.

edit: this sounds way more negative than i thought it would so i'd like to clarify that films not being art is not necessarily a bad thing and the mcu as a whole has more hits than misses. i love marvel a lot, i just think far from home is one of their weaker films and it very much disappointed me

Melton23 posted: »

No taste for true works of art 😤 shame on you

• edited August 2019

Well at first I was joking, so r/woosh and all that, but what do you mean by remake? The end game re-release? Because if you call that fail it was the complete opposite as it’s the only reason they managed to beat Avatar in the first place, if the movies were for babies, I highly doubt 5 of them would be a part of the top 10 highest grossing movies of all time. Or do you mean bringing spider-man into the mcu? Cos if you mean that, it doesn’t matter if it was a cash grab because we wanted him to make an appearance anyway, so we need to reward Disney for actually doing something right for a change, we can’t just expect things and give nothing in return, as much as I actually do dislike Disney as a company. The sad truth about life is that you’re a bit of a dick if you’re able to give to those who give to you but don’t anyway.

I see far from home as the movie that helped shape Spider-Man into becoming his own independent person, no longer following in Iron man’s shadow, with the scene where he makes his own suit being the moment of acceptance that he is Spider-Man, and that he needs to let go of Tony Stark sooner or later, so what better way to announce it than using the teachings of your late mentor, with the guidance of one of his best friends, to announce to the world that you are a new person, however Tony Stark and his teachings will never be forgotten, hence the similar design as the far from home suit. That’s what this moment does right, it uses the fresh scars of Tony Stark’s demise to fuel his motivations to continue to honour his memory by sticking with the avengers, rather than going it alone, then the movie ends with both peter and the audience accepting that he is gone, leaving future MCU movies devoid of too many Tony references, because this was the one.

dumb formulated marvel movies for babies, with very little exceptions, are not art. they're popcorn movies made so disney can make extra mon

• I think he was talking about the remakes of the animated films like Aladdin, The Lion King, Dumbo and more.

Well at first I was joking, so r/woosh and all that, but what do you mean by remake? The end game re-release? Because if you call that fail

• but what do you mean by remake?

i was talkin about the disney live action remakes

I highly doubt 5 of them would be a part of the top 10 highest grossing movies of all time.

sales =/= quality though.

wont say anything on the spoiler section since you actually bring up some incredibly solid points and make a great argument for the film so i can't argue with anything.

Well at first I was joking, so r/woosh and all that, but what do you mean by remake? The end game re-release? Because if you call that fail

• yeah, i think disney sees the marvel and star wars movies as a financial safety net, because they can throw away 400 mil on a piece of shit like the lion king but the marvel movies still make a billion dollars so they're set for life.

AronDracula posted: »

I think he was talking about the remakes of the animated films like Aladdin, The Lion King, Dumbo and more.

• I might be the only one here to say Spider-Man Far From Home was awesome. It's basically everything I wanted for a modern Spider-Man movie.

• An improvement over Homecoming for sure.

I might be the only one here to say Spider-Man Far From Home was awesome. It's basically everything I wanted for a modern Spider-Man movie.

• Woah man, you do realize that any type of film counts as art and we all know that right?

dumb formulated marvel movies for babies, with very little exceptions, are not art. they're popcorn movies made so disney can make extra mon

• I do favor Homecoming over the other spider-man movies we've had. But I've got to admit. Far from home was great with the plot twists at the end and all. It is a 50/50 argument if you ask me. B)

An improvement over Homecoming for sure.

• Really? Over Spider-Man 2 and Into The Spider-Verse? I respect your opinion but can you tell me why?

I do favor Homecoming over the other spider-man movies we've had. But I've got to admit. Far from home was great with the plot twists at the end and all. It is a 50/50 argument if you ask me.

• :D I forgot about those two! spider-man 3 is okay. Spider verse?!? I didn't list it cuz this is a mcu disscussion. Still a good movie!

Really? Over Spider-Man 2 and Into The Spider-Verse? I respect your opinion but can you tell me why?

• yeah you're right. tbh i dont even remember posting that but it was a very incorrect take.

Woah man, you do realize that any type of film counts as art and we all know that right?

• <3 its okay!

yeah you're right. tbh i dont even remember posting that but it was a very incorrect take.

• Disney and Sony made a deal, sadly it is only one movie. Hopefully if the film receives a bunch of positive feedback Sony will give Disney the IP.

• edited September 2019

Really? That's awesome. One movie should be enough and it needs to be a proper send off for the web-head of the MCU.

Disney and Sony made a deal, sadly it is only one movie. Hopefully if the film receives a bunch of positive feedback Sony will give Disney the IP.

• Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes YES!

On Friday, the two companies jointly announced that Marvel Studios and its president, Kevin Feige, will produce the third film in the “Spider-Man: Homecoming” series. It will once again feature Tom Holland reprising his role as the title character. The rumor mill roared back to life this week with hints that the two companies were close to brokering a new agreement.

Over the summer, news broke that the Disney, Marvel’s parent company, and Sony had reached an impasse over a new financing deal. Disney wanted the film to be financed on a 50/50 basis with Feige remaining in a consulting producer capacity. Sony is believed to have proposed keeping the arrangement under the current terms, which stipulate that Marvel receives about 5% of first-dollar gross and all merchandising revenues.

The new deal was signed late on Thursday night. Negotiations involved top players from both studios, including Sony Pictures chief Tom Rothman, Feige, and Walt Disney Studios head Alan Horn. In exchange for lending Feige’s producing prowess, Marvel and Disney will receive roughly 25% of the profits, according to insiders. Disney will retain its merchandising rights. As part of the arrangement, Spider-Man will also appear in one future Marvel Studios film.

The film is scheduled for release on July 16, 2021. Amy Pascal will also produce through Pascal Pictures, as she has on the first two Holland-led films.

“I am thrilled that Spidey’s journey in the MCU will continue, and I and all of us at Marvel Studios are very excited that we get to keep working on it,” said Feige in a statement. “Spider-Man is a powerful icon and hero whose story crosses all ages and audiences around the globe. He also happens to be the only hero with the superpower to cross cinematic universes, so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold.”

Pascal was equally euphoric in her statement. “This is terrific,” she said. “Peter Parker’s story took a dramatic turn in ‘Far From Home’ and I could not be happier we will all be working together as we see where his journey goes.

• I wanted a MCU Deadpool vs spider-man movie

Really? That's awesome. One movie should be enough and it needs to be a proper send off for the web-head of the MCU.

• I would prefer a crossover between Spider-Man and Daredevil but chances are so low.

I wanted a MCU Deadpool vs spider-man movie

• I believe that Daredevil's Netflix/Marvel TV exclusivity will have expired by 2021, so it could be possible for Daredevil to appear in a film then.

Homecoming had Iron Man as a big Marvel guest star.
    Far From Home has Nick Fury and Maria Hill join Spidey.
    So... I wonder who'll be appearing alongside our boy in the third film?

I would prefer a crossover between Spider-Man and Daredevil but chances are so low.

• It might be Peter Parker dealing with all of the fame after what mysterio did....

You know, revealing Spidey's identity. In front of the press. In new york. one of the busiest cities in the world.

AChicken posted: »

I believe that Daredevil's Netflix/Marvel TV exclusivity will have expired by 2021, so it could be possible for Daredevil to appear in a fil

• Imagine Daredevil just # MURDERING someone.

I would prefer a crossover between Spider-Man and Daredevil but chances are so low.

• Did you guys see the leaks about Dr doom and Galactus being in the MCU?

• A MCU Deadpool movie is in the works! :)

• Welp, the Morbius film has got its trailer.

I was a fan of 'Venom', so I have some high expectations for this film. HELL, IM EVEN MORE EXCITED SINCE THERES MCU CONNECTIONS! Like, Vulture from the MCU. But there's the original Raimi suit in the background, soooo, is this a spider-man crossover?

• edited January 2020

Like, Vulture from the MCU.

in b4 that's the final shot from the movie, like Sony's last 2 solo Spidey-esque films.

Venom's convinience store scene and "turd in the wind" line was used in like every trailer. It was the end of the movie.

TASM2 had that tease of a Rhino battle, with Spidey flinging a manhole at the big bad. Turns out that was never meant to lead into a battle was was used as the final shot of the film. Dis. Sa. Pointing.

It's cool that there seems to be blatant references to MCU events (like Spidey being labled a murderer on graffiti) but I'm keeping my hopes low.
    The small connections we do see here are probably the result of the Spider-Man renegotiation. Sony now has partial access to use MCU(?) Spidey in their films too.

Welp, the Morbius film has got its trailer. I was a fan of 'Venom', so I have some high expectations for this film. HELL, IM EVEN MORE E

• The small connections we do see here are probably the result of the Spider-Man renegotiation. Sony now has partial access to use MCU(?) Spidey in their films too.

Yup. As part of their new contract, Spidey can now appear in SUMC (Sony's Universe of Marvel Characters). But I suspect that the MCU will treat this side universe like the Netflix Marvel shows.

By not acknowledging it at all lol.

Like, Vulture from the MCU. in b4 that's the final shot from the movie, like Sony's last 2 solo Spidey-esque films. Venom's convi

• Who is Morbius?

Welp, the Morbius film has got its trailer. I was a fan of 'Venom', so I have some high expectations for this film. HELL, IM EVEN MORE E

• I just can’t get enough of Deadpool

• edited February 2020

First look at Falcon and The Winter Soldier, WandaVision and Loki!

WandaVision has me interested the most since it looks like the craziest of the bunch!

• Wanna hear something funny , I was doing the Wow Quiz on Facebook early today and well it said the character that fits my Marvel personality is (Black Widow) Which is is funny because I do have her mentality even know I was expecting (Deadpool) at first since I do troll people at times but I’m mostly serious like Black Widow.

lupinb0y posted: »

First look at Falcon and The Winter Soldier, WandaVision and Loki! WandaVision has me interested the most since it looks like the craziest of the bunch!

• edited February 2020

I heard rumors of a F&W teaser during the big game, but seeing something from all 3 shows? Now that, I like.

No date but we know they're being made/filming. WOO HOO

WandaVision has me interested the most since it looks like the craziest of the bunch!

Paul Bettany has been quoted lately in saying that he loves the direction Feige and the writers are pushing it. Also, that in general, the show is just "f*cking bonkers"

First look at Falcon and The Winter Soldier, WandaVision and Loki! WandaVision has me interested the most since it looks like the craziest of the bunch!

• What is even happening there?

• WandaVision certainly looks... interesting.

• AHHHHHH I'm excited to see Taskmaster copy a bunch of people!!

• Taskmaster doing da 'Wakanda... Forevah' thing makes me blush!

AHHHHHH I'm excited to see Taskmaster copy a bunch of people!!

• ehhhh. i'm still really not sold on it or interested in it. but i will see it to support florence pugh, rachel weisz and david harbour.

• Thor: Love and Thunder (Thor 4) will officially feature the Guardians of the Galaxy -- to some extent, though it's unclear what right now.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2020/03/09/thor-4-guardians-of-the-galaxy-mcu-crossover/

(Please don't just drop Thor off. Please don't just drop Thor off. Please don't just drop Thor off.)

• Is there a reason for him to do that?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.