Who do YOU blame for the Red Wedding?

I personally blame Robb. He killed Karstark, which caused his son to abandon his allegiance to the Starks. And then Catelyn forces Robb to marry one of Walder Frey's daughters, and then he chooses not to and then marries Talisa. Fucking dumbass.

Comments

• Blaming Robb himself is a bit much.

I think Walder Frey and Roose Bolton had a little bit more to do with it. xD

• Walder Frey and Roose Bolton were nothing but mad dogs. Robb was the one who took their treats away.

JonDee013 posted: »

Blaming Robb himself is a bit much. I think Walder Frey and Roose Bolton had a little bit more to do with it. xD

• That doesn't excuse high treason and mass murder.

Walder Frey and Roose Bolton were nothing but mad dogs. Robb was the one who took their treats away.

• True, true...

But I stand by opinion. And you yours :)

JonDee013 posted: »

That doesn't excuse high treason and mass murder.

• Don't get me wrong, it was a terrible thing but when looked at in hindsight an eventual thing. Robb had killed Karstark, which was a stupidly impulsive move seeing as how a third of his army were Karstarks. Also marrying Talisa/Jeyne didn't help matters. I'm with you

• I blame Doran Martell. Everything is part of the Dornish Master Plan!

• enter image description here

Maybe in the books...

unseenclass posted: »

I blame Doran Martell. Everything is part of the Dornish Master Plan!

• Nope Doran Martell is just that good. This is all part of the master plan! He somehow got to the writers and made them purposely forget how to write a good story just to throw us all off. Then he got the actresses playing the sand snakes and talked them into forgetting how to act so we would all write them off. Then when we least expect it BAM DORNE WINS THE WHOLE DAMN THING!

Maybe in the books...

• Hey. Least I'm not alone :)

Clemenem posted: »

Don't get me wrong, it was a terrible thing but when looked at in hindsight an eventual thing. Robb had killed Karstark, which was a stupidl

• enter image description here

unseenclass posted: »

Nope Doran Martell is just that good. This is all part of the master plan! He somehow got to the writers and made them purposely forget ho

• edited March 2017

I blame Robb Stark, he knew how to lead men in war but not to play the Game of Thrones which in turn cost him his life.

• I blame Walder Frey, Tywin Lannister, and Roose Bolton.

Robb made mistakes such as beheading Rickard Karstark and marrying Talisa, but there was no way in hell that the Red Wedding was justified, it was nothing short of mass murder and treason. Both Frey and Bolton are fucking traitors

Walder could have simply pulled his support from Robb instead of completely violating guest right and murdering thousands.

Roose betrayed his King and stabbed him in the heart, committing high treason in the process.

Tywin is such a coward that he had to resort to conspiring with Walder Frey and Roose Bolton to commit such a vile act of treachery.

• Executing Karstark might've been a costly move but it was the right one. It'd make Robb a hypocrite if he let him go with a pat on the back. The man murdered children and needed to be punished. What kind of King doesn't punish murderers in his own ranks?

Blame Walder Frey, Roose Bolton and Tywin Lannister for the Red Wedding. You can't blame the victim.

• Robb with an assist from Tywin Lannister

• I dont feel dorne could have worked on the show, I'm glad they just got it out of the way in one episode. Its the main victim of them having to cut corners

• You can only really blame it on the people who carried it out. However the reason they carried it out was partially due to Robb and Cat

• I blame Robb, for starting the whole King in the North bullshit. Too many innocent people died at the Red Wedding, but even more would've died if it didn't happen, so that's a good thing.

• Tbh book Doran is pretty stupid, and he is gonna lose all his heirs with his stupidity. First one already gone - sending Quentyn to Meereen was stupidest thing ever. Also why the fuck hadn't he told to Arianne about the fucking plan? Wtf?

• I blame Rickard Karstark, Walder Frey, Roose Bolton, Tywin Lannister and all the shits that participated (Whitehills for instance). They all deserve a slow and painful death. I don't care that Robb executed Karstark, he was a vengeful old traitorous cunt that got what was coming to him. I don't care that Robb chose love over forced marriage, Walder Frey didn't care one bit about his daughter's future, all he cared about was Lannister gold. And Tywin with his "Kill a dozen so thousands could live" can go fuck himself. I'd rather thousands of Lannisters die than one loyal northman. THE KING IN THE NORTH!

• edited May 2016

Doran plans to marry his daughter with Aegon. Then how could you know Quentyn is dead? It could not be him they found. For all we know the body was crispy.

As for not mentionning the plan:

To you, a secret was only a choice tale to whisper to Garin and Tyene in your bed of a night. Garin gossips as only the orphans can, and Tyene keeps nothing from Obara and the Lady Nym. And if they knew… Obara is too fond of wine, and Nym is too close to the Fowler twins. And who might the Fowler twins confide in

Tbh book Doran is pretty stupid, and he is gonna lose all his heirs with his stupidity. First one already gone - sending Quentyn to Meereen was stupidest thing ever. Also why the fuck hadn't he told to Arianne about the fucking plan? Wtf?

• Or he could have put him in jail, then killing him once he secured his position.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Executing Karstark might've been a costly move but it was the right one. It'd make Robb a hypocrite if he let him go with a pat on the back.

• edited May 2016

Catelyn Stark with her stupid move of freeing Jaime Lannister.

Once he was safe, the precious son of Tywin was no more a reason to avoid the red wedding.

• Don't you mean her?

Euron posted: »

Catelyn Stark with her stupid move of freeing Jaime Lannister. Once he was safe, the precious son of Tywin was no more a reason to avoid the red wedding.

• edited May 2016

I know he plans to marry her to Aegon... who will fail and die.

For all we know the body was crispy.

enter image description here

"Marry me Mother of Dragons! I am a Prince!"

Edit: Since you added the part about not telling the plan - yes, I remember that, but it's a lame excuse. Arianne is not some teen girl anymore, and if she still is so untrustworthy, why even tell her now? Just keep her locked up until you've secured the marriage, lol.

Doran plans to marry his daughter with Aegon. Then how could you know Quentyn is dead? It could not be him they found. For all we know the b

• Why would he fail? We have no proofs of this. The same for Quentyn, who is hated for a reason I still don't get it.. If he succeeded to steal a dragon, that would be cool.

I know he plans to marry her to Aegon... who will fail and die. For all we know the body was crispy. "Marry me Mother of D

• Yup, english isn't my mothertongue so I do some stupid mistakes.

Clemenem posted: »

Don't you mean her?

• Well he could be succesful for a while, but if he ends up winning the Throne for good then that's just stupid... I mean come on he makes his first appearance in the fifth book, Arianne in fourth. I have no interest in these characters, apart from seeing how will they affect the story of those that I've followed since the first two books.

And also, I don't think a character as lame as Quentyn deserves a dragon, so I'm glad he got roasted.

Why would he fail? We have no proofs of this. The same for Quentyn, who is hated for a reason I still don't get it.. If he succeeded to steal a dragon, that would be cool.

• edited May 2016

But you can't be sure it was him who was roasted. And I still don't get why all people hate him.

GRRM don't write the books seeing what characters you like :P You only mention your taste for the characters there, it's different from what the author want.

It would be stupid that only the characters of the first books survive. You just think about winning or losing the throne, but there's a multitude of possible endings between these two.

Well he could be succesful for a while, but if he ends up winning the Throne for good then that's just stupid... I mean come on he makes his

• Well that would be a straight up betrayel and wrong. Plus completely against Robb's character.

Or he could have put him in jail, then killing him once he secured his position.

• edited May 2016

Why a betrayal? Like that he would have the support of Karstarks, then he could sentence his justice later. It's not against his character and some advisors told him to do so.

Well that would be a straight up betrayel and wrong. Plus completely against Robb's character.

• If it wasn't against his character he would've done it.

He'd gain the reputation of a user, maybe even a tyrant. It's literally holding a hostage then making demands or you'll kill the hostage then killing the hostage anyway after getting what you want.

Why a betrayal? Like that he would have the support of Karstarks, then he could sentence his justice later. It's not against his character and some advisors told him to do so.

• No, it's simply delivering justice. You know, it's not delivered all the time the day after the act.

If it wasn't against his character he would've done it. He'd gain the reputation of a user, maybe even a tyrant. It's literally holding a

• edited May 2016

There are characters introduced in first books that are not my favorites, but I'm still interested in seeing where will their story go - Dany and Sansa are examples of this.

These new characters introduced in AFFC and ADWD - I'm okay with them, but I don't want them to "take over" the story from the characters that were established as the main characters of this story in the first books. To me they are mainly just plot devices, bringing something new to the story of the main characters - the characters that I actually care about. So spending too much time on them just feels like a waste.

And yes GRRM can write the way he wants, but I still have also the right to give my opinion.

But you can't be sure it was him who was roasted. And I still don't get why all people hate him. GRRM don't write the books seeing what c

• Of course you're free to your opinion, I never stated the contrary; but for Martin there are no such things as main characters; the main characters are only the ones you're doing.

So saying every others characters that are not in the books will die/fail is based on nothing.

There are characters introduced in first books that are not my favorites, but I'm still interested in seeing where will their story go - Dan

• It's based on the highly likely scenario that Aegon will be in war against Dany, and it will have to be some bloody convincing shit to make me believe that Dany losing that war would be a possibility. Sure, death isn't the only option for Aegon - maybe he just surrenders and she leaves him alive or something, but you know, not very likely.

And of course there are main characters, Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Sansa, Arya and Bran are the "big 6" of this story. That doesn't mean they can't die, but they are ultimately the ones that take us through this story from the beginning to the end - other PoVs are secondary ones who have popped up along the way, and are there to offer other perspectives for us and move the plot forward.

Of course you're free to your opinion, I never stated the contrary; but for Martin there are no such things as main characters; the main cha

• Holy shit Aegons alive in the books!!!

Like Maester Aemons younger brother? And he is.. Where?

It's based on the highly likely scenario that Aegon will be in war against Dany, and it will have to be some bloody convincing shit to make

• Robb literally broke a sacred vow of marriage. During war times, he should've known better than to let his emotions supersede his plans.

If he married the Frey girl he'd have ruled the whole North. Tywin wouldn't have ordered the murder because he would probably just relinquish the north. It's not worth all the men that Robb's army killed when Stannis was going to attack. Tywin would've surrendered (cause he's not a vengeful man, he's a tactician) and everyone would be back in Winterfell.

• There are no such things as main characters. That was the point of Eddard's POV. Maybe in your series there are, but don't pretend this is cannon in books.

He could marry Daenerys à la Targaryen, he could succeed and marry her, losing against Lannisters/Tyrells, and so on..

It's based on the highly likely scenario that Aegon will be in war against Dany, and it will have to be some bloody convincing shit to make

• Yes, but more like Rhaegar's son, he's in Essos and invades the Stormland. Apparently, he took Storm's End in a leaked chapter. Varys tries to put him on the throne; he would have switch him with a farmer's son fearing for his life. But people are not sure he's indeed a Targaryen. He might be a Blackfyre, a cadet branch from the Targaryen.

ShaneGrimes posted: »

Holy shit Aegons alive in the books!!! Like Maester Aemons younger brother? And he is.. Where?

• edited May 2016

Ned was a main character in aGoT, but he is also character of the older generation and this is mostly a story of the new generation of Westeros. Another old generation PoV that was killed off was Catelyn (LSH isn't a PoV).

Ned dying doesn't mean the ones I just said wouldn't be main characters - why would it? And as I said main characters don't have to be unkillable either, and they don't have to be your favorite characters. But in the long run aSoIaF is mainly the story of those characters. Sure, it's also story of Westeros in general, but if it was only meant to be a story about Westeros rather than character driven story, there would be no need to do it via PoVs in the first place.

Edit: Oh, and GRRM has confirmed there will be Dance of Dragons vol. 2 in the story. So unless he is planning a civil war between Dany and Jon, there will be a war between fAegon and Dany.

There are no such things as main characters. That was the point of Eddard's POV. Maybe in your series there are, but don't pretend this is c

Sign in to comment in this discussion.