Soren is the leader of The Old Builders? Strange clues found and hints for Ep. 8 (UPDATED)

Comments

• That would be the only explication why such Command Block exists in the first place. And the same thing goes for creating Eversource and PAMA.

JimMate789 posted: »

I think the Old Builders crafted the Command Block

• edited August 2016

Even if he is an old builder.. I cant say that Im excited or want to see him again, he proved who he is :/

• And knowing Telltale, there's probably going to be a pretty sad ending to the series. If the battle to end all battles happened, I would imagine one of the New Order of the Stone (or someone close to Jesse) might die. Also, if there's going to be a Season 2, it might end in a cliffhanger, or at least a non-satisfying ending.

Yes, you can change Aiden's temper, have Milo and Isa share leadership, and throw Winslow to be with Cassie. Something about episode 7 proba

• edited August 2016

Did anyone notice that in eps. 6 at the end when you might ask the youtubers (Stampy, Stacyplays, and DanTDM) to make a new group, they remember that idea. Does that mean that they come back?

• Hmm. It could, although I think that little bit could just be for some peaceful closure. If for whatever reason they do, it'll probably be in Season 2. (Assuming there is another season)

Did anyone notice that in eps. 6 at the end when you might ask the youtubers (Stampy, Stacyplays, and DanTDM) to make a new group, they remember that idea. Does that mean that they come back?

• I can't remember where someone said this, but maybe if you 'change' those characters, they might help Jesse's crew if/when they battle the Ender Dragon. Here's my theory how you could help those guys:

Isa and Milo- If you tell them to share leadership, they could help you.
    Aiden and the Blaze Rods- Maybe in Ep. 5, you change Aiden's attitude, and he has a good attitude, he could assist you later.
    CassieRose- Say you find it in your heart to give her her cat and/or if you help dig her out of the sand, she won't abandon you.
    The three YouTubers- If you suggest that they make there own team, they might end up joining you later.
    Harper- If you stood up for her and helped her make peace with her townmates, she'll also help. (That'll make Ivor happy)

Telltale's been working on the finale too, how long will the episode be for the players? I'm guessing two hours, just like that finale of TF

• The three YouTubers are Stampy, stacyplays, and DanTDM.

kmatie posted: »

I can't remember where someone said this, but maybe if you 'change' those characters, they might help Jesse's crew if/when they battle the E

• edited August 2016

If you notice, they go through the portal they brought down at the end of episode 7. Why do they go through it when Harper said not to go to anymore portals to find the atlas and to go back home? Does that lead to their home? Is that where Soren is? Maybe the end?
    If you notice, they go through the portal they brought down at the end of episode 7. Why do they go through it when Harper said not to go to anymore portals to find the atlas and to go back home? Does that lead to their home? Is that where Soren is? Maybe the end? Aren't they supposed to go up all the stairs?

• Yes it appears all the friends you make will possibly come back, because something big is gonna happen, episode 8 was in the works during when episode 7 was close to being completed. How long will this finale be? We'll have to wait until August 30th.

• I hope it's longer than the usual, but you're right. Just have to wait. At least I'll have time to play my 'Douche Jesse' save.

Yes it appears all the friends you make will possibly come back, because something big is gonna happen, episode 8 was in the works during when episode 7 was close to being completed. How long will this finale be? We'll have to wait until August 30th.

• It's a good observation, but I don't think so much stock should be put into the episode previews. Episode 7 had redstone, but there was no conflict with Ivor, Episode 6 didn't have a portal hallway, and Episode 5 didn't actually have them survive skyblock, they just built a bridge. The images were made before the script was finished, so there could have been a change of plans.

Of course, there could also be a danger in the portal hallway itself and they will have to rush into the portal at some point, hard to say right now.

If you notice, they go through the portal they brought down at the end of episode 7. Why do they go through it when Harper said not to go to

• Mabye Milo from episiode 5 is soron

• Milo couldn't be Soren because Soren has a beard all around the bottom and Milo only has a little skinny thing and a mustache

Mabye Milo from episiode 5 is soron

• And Milo was a heck of a lot braver than Soren.

(That's not even saying much)

Milo couldn't be Soren because Soren has a beard all around the bottom and Milo only has a little skinny thing and a mustache

• About the portals being "servers"...

After seeing what Ep. 6 was about and that Youtubers would be in it, I had a feeling right away that they would be referencing Multiplayer in some way.

Let's think of it this way: The portal hallway represents something like the main menu of Minecraft. The New Order's random portal hopping in Ep. 7 could represent a player typing in IPs using the Direct Connect option and seeing where they end up. This "Atlas" that we've learned about could represent the server list that was added a few versions ago in Minecraft.

Like Cendre said, they've been stumbling across different types of playstyles in servers, like Skyblock or one of those instances where some Youtubers get together and do livestreams of survival (modded or vanilla).

Ivor would say that smart people are better I just have one thing to say about the portals. They're a network, each one with a lot of pl

• Well, it depends on who survives. You could change the outcome based on your choices.

The three YouTubers are Stampy, stacyplays, and DanTDM.

• maybe soron shaved his beard and hes pretending to be milo. also milos voice sounds like sorons voice. also milois the leader of the BILDING resdance.

• I actually thought that for a while, but it seemed a bit too meta for me. I guess it's a possibility... but it doesn't really seem right to me. For a start, if you just type random IPs in Direct Connect, more often than not you get nothing, which seems odd in this context because they've seen a wold every time they've hopped in. The other problem I have is with the actual servers themselves. Having gone to so many servers, one would think you'd find a Free OP or Creative server in there somewhere-- they aren't THAT rare.
    And that's another thing. Youtubers DO get together and do survival livestreams. But more often than not, it's modded, and honestly I can't really see DanTDM doing a stream without CustomNPC's, Trayaurus, or some other mod. Even his custom texture pack for Grim is missing. (yep I'm a TDM fan)
    To be fully honest, I don't think I've ever seen one survival stream without a mod. And while all these worlds do have something strange in them, it can all be explained away with a texture pack or a command. The Eversource- there's already a command for that. White Pumpkin- shader or resource pack. You can even control mobs with commands, so I don't see PAMA as too unrealistic (except for sentience.) After all, we have no proof that there wasn't a command block in PAMA, right? And even so, these worlds have their own rules that don't really work like real minecraft. There were pillars that looked like radio broadcasting antennae inside PAMA-- what's to say the mobs weren't being used like RC cars?

While the whole network has been pretty much server-themed, I have trouble thinking of the Atlas as little more than a set of labels for the portals. After all, if the Old Builders built the Portal Network, then surely they'd been to all of the worlds, right? And they had to have someone like Lukas who mapped what they had found. I think it's most likely not to be a quick-join list.

And Cendre-- Like I said, even if Soren was kicked from the Old Builders for cowardice, I still think it's pretty reasonable that he's interested in Endermen. Remember what I said about the Old Builders being more scientists than adventurers?

And the Amulet could easily be something like Soren's story. Ivor used to be part of the Order and was kicked out, but rather than attempting to prove himself, he sought revenge, eventually unleashing the Witherstorm. Which makes sense, considering Soren and Ivor's conflicting personalities.

With Isa and Cassie, I think it's more likely that you're correct, but it's still possible for them to be Old Builders. In a world generated with the Amplified type, it's not unusual have chunks of rock or dirt insanely high in the sky-- and with her Eversource chicken, she could have easily built up the world.

Cassie's a bit different. She did show a bit of age, since she kept ranting about being stuck for so long. And since she had so much time, she could easily have built the mansion-- unless it was already there.

About the portals being "servers"... After seeing what Ep. 6 was about and that Youtubers would be in it, I had a feeling right away that

• While reading this, I had a slighty scary thought. Just because the journey's ending doesn't mean they made it home...

Also, another clue from the name is that it's a question. In the Minecraft achievements menu, two of the final achievements are The End? and The End. Getting The End? is only getting to the end dimension, while The End is defeating the Ender Dragon.

Putting these two points together... they only have the first achievement in the name. Maybe there will be more episodes? Or maybe something stops them between the two achievements, and they die...

hopefully nobody dies. That would suck.

Cendre posted: »

It's a good observation, but I don't think so much stock should be put into the episode previews. Episode 7 had redstone, but there was no c

• Please learn to spell. Also, it's highly unlikely.

maybe soron shaved his beard and hes pretending to be milo. also milos voice sounds like sorons voice. also milois the leader of the BILDING resdance.

• I don't own Minecraft, so you bring up a good point I never noticed. Even looking at the title, it seems to imply a future season, which I am hoping for. The wait between seasons will be unbearable though, especially if it ends on a cliffhanger like Borderlands just for the sake of another season.

I notice a lot of people on the Steam page, or just comments in general, complaining about paying another $15 for 4.5 - 5.5 hours of gameplay from the Adventure Pass, but it still follows the same format as the five episodes before, averaging around 1.5 - 2 hours. I get my money's worth by playing the episodes 5 - 6 times and watching other people on YouTube make choices, something they could do instead of paying for it... The game is tailored by how one plays, it's very easy to find different playthroughs to see what a one choice difference makes; not much transfers to different episodes.

Back on topic, I hope for an episode that could potentially have multiple endings (I know that's not likely though, with the possibility of a season two, but maybe more choices that feel permanent?). I'm really conflicted over the death thing; it can be cathartic, but not if it feels needless. All I'm saying is, if there is death, it better have a good reason.

But maybe I'm just really morbid. If they want a new season with these same characters, they would probably not kill anyone major. I can see them doing a season with new characters though, the Order members have already had a lot of character development, there wouldn't be much room for growth for another season, for people who are interested in the characters. I love Jesse & co. but I would also be open to new characters.

While reading this, I had a slighty scary thought. Just because the journey's ending doesn't mean they made it home... Also, another clue

• Hopefully, like you said, there's a bunch of different endings. Maybe it'll be a Walking Dead Season 2-type ending. You choose one of 4-5 different endings based on your choices. I have a feeling someone's going to die. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to kill someone off based on your choices, then end it in a cliffhanger. That'll make sure a bunch of players have their $20 bills in hand, ready for another season.

I don't own Minecraft, so you bring up a good point I never noticed. Even looking at the title, it seems to imply a future season, which I a

• Haha true, at least I have family giving me iTunes cash so I don't need to worry so much about that. Doesn't justify a cliffhanger ending for the sake of a second season, though. Have any of Telltale's games had a second season without a cliffhanger? I've only played this and TFTB.

Hopefully, like you said, there's a bunch of different endings. Maybe it'll be a Walking Dead Season 2-type ending. You choose one of 4-5 di

• I kinda like how we're all like "I hope nobody dies" when they already have a history of doing it in their little climaxes -- remember Reuben and Ellegaard/Magnus (depending on who you picked)!
    For all that I hope it isn't going to happen, the chances are that it does. IF they continue the series, I feel like there'll be something that you'll always regret no matter how you choose. And for characters in that next season, there'll probably be something referring to the new Order in the world development.

And as to my views on buying it-- don't. It's just as fun watching people do it, imo-- plus when a youtuber does it, the dying gets cut out so that they don't seem so bad.

Hopefully, like you said, there's a bunch of different endings. Maybe it'll be a Walking Dead Season 2-type ending. You choose one of 4-5 di

• Crafty does have a point, however. Just because the appearance is that slight bit altered doesn't mean they can't be a person.
    But yeah, spelling could be much better there.

Please learn to spell. Also, it's highly unlikely.

• Maybe at the end, there will be a plot twist/cliffhanger ending with a new villain making a dramatic appearance? It kinda makes sense with the question mark at the title.

While reading this, I had a slighty scary thought. Just because the journey's ending doesn't mean they made it home... Also, another clue

• TWD S1 ending wasn't a huge cliffhanger, but they made it clear the story for Clementine wouldn't end there. It was more-so a cliffhanger in S2, but it wasn't one that had people on the edge of their seats.

However, TWD's main two seasons ended in tears. No joke. If you didn't cry, you probably were just shocked. That's why I'm so afraid of Ep. 8's ending. I have a feeling it won't be a happy-rainbow-smiles ending.

Haha true, at least I have family giving me iTunes cash so I don't need to worry so much about that. Doesn't justify a cliffhanger ending fo

• Whoa, whoa, there are people from around the world here, you can read it right? So whats the problem? Nice theory Crafty!

Please learn to spell. Also, it's highly unlikely.

• Alright, good to know, thanks! I'm sure Episode 8 wouldn't be too brutal though, the age group for this killer zombie game is broader than the gory killer zombie game. After Reuben's death in Episode 4, all of the deaths have been outside of the main characters and have not been emotional, and they only happened because the premise was murder mystery. I dunno though, the tweets imply the episode will be action heavy and perhaps a parallel to TWAU? Hopefully the cliffhanger is small like you said for Season One. I think waiting months to figure out what's behind a portal, for example, would feel frustrating, contrived, and incomplete.

Maybe an Incredibles ending? xD It showed potential future conflict but still had a finality to the movie, kind of like how Episode 4 ended.

TWD S1 ending wasn't a huge cliffhanger, but they made it clear the story for Clementine wouldn't end there. It was more-so a cliffhanger in

• Yeah, if you accuse Stampy, (Which I am really glad I didn't do) DanTDM will die, and Lizzie lives.

Well, it depends on who survives. You could change the outcome based on your choices.

• Yeah, if you accuse Stampy, (Which I am really glad I didn't do) DanTDM will die, and Lizzie lives.

Well, it depends on who survives. You could change the outcome based on your choices.

• Yeah, if you accuse Stampy, (Which I am really glad I didn't do) Dan will die, and Lizzie lives.

• SPOILERS

(the spoiler thing isn't working)

Yeah, if you accuse Stampy, (Which I am really glad I didn't do) Dan will die, and Lizzie lives.

• I like how in episode 6, Ivor breaks the fourth wall winking and saying, "Adventure!" Then at the ending of episode 7, it showed the hall of stairs, and Ivor saying, "Adventure?" with a question mark. Is this finale gonna be an intensely serious one?

If you notice, they go through the portal they brought down at the end of episode 7. Why do they go through it when Harper said not to go to

• I've heard it's directed by the same guy who directs a bunch of action scenes. I'm pretty sure it's going to be intense af

I like how in episode 6, Ivor breaks the fourth wall winking and saying, "Adventure!" Then at the ending of episode 7, it showed the hall of stairs, and Ivor saying, "Adventure?" with a question mark. Is this finale gonna be an intensely serious one?

• I guess we'll just have to wait until August 30th. Or August 23, if you count 4 weeks. But yeah, I don't think the ending will be as tearfilled as TWD.

Alright, good to know, thanks! I'm sure Episode 8 wouldn't be too brutal though, the age group for this killer zombie game is broader than t

• edited August 2016

Soren Is Also In The Story Interesting
    It Wood Be Amazing Because Jesse And There Friends Are Going To Fight The Ender Dragon And The Actions Wood Be 100% Awesome
    And I Think Some One Will Die Like Reuben?
    And I Am Also Thinking What About There Friends Axel And Olivia?
    And Will They Go Home Or The Story Will Continue?
    And I Am Also Thinking Soren Was Knowing About The Portal Hallway?
    And I Think We Will Find Soren
    And If We Find Soren I Am 50% Sure He Will Help Us To Fight The Ender Dragon?

• You Are 100% Right
    In Ep.3 We Think Soren Loves Stairs And In Ep.7 In The End We All Seen Many Stairs To Head To The Portal

Here is why I think Soren is the leader of the old builders: * Soren loves stairs * He probobaly ran away from the witherstorm to the portal hallway * all his books are in different worlds *

• Maybe its intense because it'll have lots of action and Soren is probably evil. O_O

I've heard it's directed by the same guy who directs a bunch of action scenes. I'm pretty sure it's going to be intense af

Sign in to comment in this discussion.