The Battle of Bastards Thread (Revised, Lots of Inside/extras)

Comments

• so here are my couple of things that i gathered from watching and watching it over again. well thoughts, prediction, etc. all that shit..

• Jon seems ready to die. damn he has PTSD like motherfucker.
    • whats this "only one of us has to die" stuff? like hey just aim for that bastard and then its over? or its jon gonna propose something to Ramsay and then he kills rickon and then BOOM, WAR!!!!
    • How much bigger is Jon's army than Stannis's (Stanniss' ???..)?? cuz if Stannis got slaughtered how is is that Jon's is gonna hold up even until little finger's arrives? i mean Wun Wun gonna rekt motherfuckers.
    • Wun Wun is gonna die, but he will go out like a mufuckin' boss.
    • why the fuck is sansa in the battlefield...
    • did Davos find out about Shireen? thats why he has that moment in the trailer? or for Stannis? maybe he does find out and he is mad af and he goes with that rage to battle? he has looked pissed af in the preview and the trailers.
    • how will melly react to jon saying to not resurrect if he dies again?

• where the fuck is House Reed in all of this?? they all die at the red wedding??

• what do you guys/gals thing is happening with jon during those solo shots of his?? is he readying his super saiyan Stark-Targaryen powers?? Kappa ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

• enter image description here

super hyped this is thing I was looking forward the most this series. I just hope that they show the results of the battle. if someone dies I hope its shown and not off screen

• No one's seen Howland Reed since the whole Tower of Joy incident. He is alive, but whether or not he has the forces to spare, is unknown.

jamex1223 posted: »

so here are my couple of things that i gathered from watching and watching it over again. well thoughts, prediction, etc. all that shit..

• They spent 30 million dollars on this episode. I really hope it is good.

super hyped this is thing I was looking forward the most this series. I just hope that they show the results of the battle. if someone dies I hope its shown and not off screen

• yah that is a lot of money. same here

They spent 30 million dollars on this episode. I really hope it is good.

• edited June 2016

How much bigger is Jon's army than Stannis's (Stanniss' ???..)?? cuz if Stannis got slaughtered how is is that Jon's is gonna hold up even until little finger's arrives? i mean Wun Wun gonna rekt motherfuckers

He got a part of his army from Stannis's victory on the wilding, he brought the other part with the boats of Stannis, his army is defending in the place where Stannis was.. Too Stannis 4 me. Btw, no twenty good men this time while it's at the same spot.

Anyway, to answer this: I guess Glover will finally answer. Because Jon's army is only made of light soldiers (wildings) with no discipline, no strategy, outnumbered so if he doesn't show up they would be rekted very quickly. Not to mention that Boltons are like 5000? Twice the number they were against Stannis.

Davos will find out. Maybe he will piss on Stannis's name, it won't surprise me.

As for Reed he never answered the call of Robb Stark to join him. He's doing a guerilla warfare against those near his castle but he's focused on the war of dawn or some shit.

so here are my couple of things that i gathered from watching and watching it over again. well thoughts, prediction, etc. all that shit..

• Looks great. I just hope it won't be as predictable as I think it'd be - that is Jon's army will be losing and then Littlefinger arrives to save the day.

• I will be pleasantly surprise if Jon's army managed to win before Littlefinger's army arrives.

But a part of me feel that they will go the predictable route. But I am fine, as long as I see Ramsay suffer and lose. Maybe even see him die. Now that would be sweet.

Pipas posted: »

Looks great. I just hope it won't be as predictable as I think it'd be - that is Jon's army will be losing and then Littlefinger arrives to save the day.

• How do you think this will compare with other battles in the TV series?

• oh really? i did not know that. but it will still be a small amount of soldiers.. also it would've been cool to see them going after the sell swords that were with stannis and try to convince them and it looks like they were gonna convince them they see melisandre and there is like some lil conflict there, idk i thought it would be cool.

glovers better join..

As for Reed he never answered the call of Robb Stark to join him. He's doing a guerilla warfare against those near his castle but he's focused on the war of dawn or some shit.

this what happens in the books??

Euron posted: »

How much bigger is Jon's army than Stannis's (Stanniss' ???..)?? cuz if Stannis got slaughtered how is is that Jon's is gonna hold up even u

• It took 6 weeks to film. Hardhome took four weeks to film.

Clemenem posted: »

How do you think this will compare with other battles in the TV series?

• Somebody counted the number of soldiers during the fight in season 5 bewteen Stannis and the Boltons. As for the 5000 in bolton camp now, I remember WildingKing said they were 5000. Maybe others houses will join the Starks; I remember I saw Cerwyn's banner.

this what happens in the books??

I checked just to be sure and I was wrong on the war of Dawn, I don't know why I thought this. As for answering the call for banners of Robb Stark Howland never went with him or sent men to him. Still Robb asked some orders and he accomplished them -as doing the guerilla against Ironborn in Moat Cailin. Some freys were killed when they try to go his swamp, if I remember well.

I checked and apparently Robb simply wanted them in their ancestral seat to protect south and keep doing this guerilla warfare, while in an army his crannogmen wouldn't be effective.

I think his situation in books is the same in the series.

oh really? i did not know that. but it will still be a small amount of soldiers.. also it would've been cool to see them going after the sel

• And it has huge budget. It's pretty much granted it will be visually beautiful, well choreographed and well directed battle. I just hope the pre-battle scenes (and the scenes after the battle too ofc) will be good and build up the excitement for the battle.

Wigams posted: »

It took 6 weeks to film. Hardhome took four weeks to film.

• And this episode is directed by the same guy who directed Hardhome. So hopefully it will be just as good or better. :)

And it has huge budget. It's pretty much granted it will be visually beautiful, well choreographed and well directed battle. I just hope the

• F*ck Littlefinger , he caused Stark' doom in the first place , the north can survive on its own , i think houses such as the manderlys , reeds and some other will save the day , and if That theory on jon is to be true , then perhaps , if howland reed comes , he'll tell evrything to Jon .

• Just as Jon is about to die Howland Reed stabs Ramsay in the back and Jon finishes him off. Now that would be fun to see. xD

alikir34 posted: »

F*ck Littlefinger , he caused Stark' doom in the first place , the north can survive on its own , i think houses such as the manderlys , ree

• edited June 2016

I always wondered if they still have 5000 men. I mean they must have at least some losses in the stannis fight right? I would guess they lost at least 500 men, or were Stannis men really just slaughtered without killing any Boltons?

Somebody counted the number of soldiers during the fight in season 5 bewteen Stannis and the Boltons. As for the 5000 in bolton camp now, I

• They were 2500 in Winterfell when against Stannis, someone counted them. Logically they had huge losses, since he only had men with pikes/halberds againt an army composed only of mounted men.

But they lost it apprently without any harm. I can't say they did a great job concerning military fight, moreover when we see Stannis is known as one of the best battle commander.

N8eule posted: »

I always wondered if they still have 5000 men. I mean they must have at least some losses in the stannis fight right? I would guess they lost at least 500 men, or were Stannis men really just slaughtered without killing any Boltons?

• I am not a military commander, but if I were Stannis, I would have immediately retreated back to the forest, so it will be more difficult for the horses to attack my army. Granted, Stannis was in a terrible emotional condition at the time.

They were 2500 in Winterfell when against Stannis, someone counted them. Logically they had huge losses, since he only had men with pikes/ha

• Thank you for your clarification

They were 2500 in Winterfell when against Stannis, someone counted them. Logically they had huge losses, since he only had men with pikes/ha

• The Starks would all be dead if it wasn't for LF. That's Arya included.

F*ck Littlefinger , he caused Stark' doom in the first place , the north can survive on its own , i think houses such as the manderlys , ree

• I just seen that Jon photo above.... Wtf

• How so?

ShaneGrimes posted: »

The Starks would all be dead if it wasn't for LF. That's Arya included.

• As much as I loathe Littlefinger, I think they need his men. Im just afraid that he is going to try to force Sansa to marry him as payment.

• To be honest Iam more afraid that he betrays them. I imagine him only entering the battlefield when both forces are weakend, just to "crown" himself warden of the north. Chaos is a ladder...

KCohere posted: »

As much as I loathe Littlefinger, I think they need his men. Im just afraid that he is going to try to force Sansa to marry him as payment.

• That's probably what the manipulative little weasel will do. I seriously doubt helping Sansa is his only motive

N8eule posted: »

To be honest Iam more afraid that he betrays them. I imagine him only entering the battlefield when both forces are weakend, just to "crown" himself warden of the north. Chaos is a ladder...

• edited June 2016

Considering how many unanswered questions there are this season I hope this isn't a battle only episode. I'm thinking we may get some Bran who finishes the tower of joy vision.

• Well him protecting and shaping Sansa, though he definitely has his agenda she would almost certainly be dead if it weren't for him.

Also I'm pretty sure him recognizing Arya and not telling anyone where she was, including Tywin, was not an oversight on his side. He probably didn't know how smart she would prove to be, that might have motivated him to keep Arya in Westeros if he knew.

And I highly doubt he had no knowledge that Rickon was with the Umbers. Whether it's bad writing or not, he still kept some great secrets for the stark family and no matter what his conceived motivations are, he's done the Starks right after the Red Wedding especially.

How so?

• We need at least a Bran and Benjen appearance.

If not, then a Sam and Gilly appearance. We probably won't just because of how much they spent on the scene.

Considering how many unanswered questions there are this season I hope this isn't a battle only episode. I'm thinking we may get some Bran who finishes the tower of joy vision.

• from what ive seen we will get a Meeren seen...

• I hope the Boltons win mates, i really dont like any of the Starks.

• It's going to have the deaths of;

• Rickon Stark - (impaled by arrow of Ramsay) - Ramsay allows Rickon to go to Jon but as he reaches Jon, he is killed.
    • Wun Weg Wun Dar Wun - (Roped down and stabbed by soldiers) - He will die after striking many soldiers.
    • Ghost - (Killed by Ramsay when saving Jon) - Ramsay gains the upper hand and is about to kill Jon when he is bit by Ghost (in a similar fashion to when Nymeria bit Joffrey), but manages to use his blade and strike Ghost.
    • Lord Ramsay Bolton - (Killed by Jon after killing Ghost) - Jon enraged manages to subdue Ramsay and takes off his head as Ramsay laughs and taunts him.
    • Unnamed soldiers from both parties - (Impaled by swords/arrows, duh..)
  • edited June 2016

which is why i dont want to see ghost on the battlefield. as much as i would love to see Wun Wun come out alive he has to die for the sake of having enough CGI budget for Ghost to live. pls D&D dont kill Ghost D,,: D,:

btw.... can the magic that melisandre has bring back animals too???...

IR0NR4TH posted: »

It's going to have the deaths of; * Rickon Stark - (impaled by arrow of Ramsay) - Ramsay allows Rickon to go to Jon but as he reaches J

• You prefer psychopaths who rape, torture and flay people, and feed babies to dogs?

Nightmare1 posted: »

I hope the Boltons win mates, i really dont like any of the Starks.

• He's done the Starks right? Thats way more charitable than he deserves.

ShaneGrimes posted: »

Well him protecting and shaping Sansa, though he definitely has his agenda she would almost certainly be dead if it weren't for him. Also

• I think it's just 10-15 minutes of Meereen, and the rest is Battle of the Bastards. And I prefer that. It's good to have these kind of episodes now and then, where we can just concentrate on one place. It's a welcome change to the pacing, because there are so many storylines it feels a bit overwhelming at times. And the last episode is 69 mins, that should be enough time to wrap things up for this season.

• Please tell me this is just speculation. I really don't want to lose another Direwolf :/

IR0NR4TH posted: »

It's going to have the deaths of; * Rickon Stark - (impaled by arrow of Ramsay) - Ramsay allows Rickon to go to Jon but as he reaches J

• You know me. I give the bad guys the benefit of the doubt

I'm a couple episodes away from thinking The Hound is Azor Azhai

He's done the Starks right? Thats way more charitable than he deserves.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.