The Battle of Bastards Thread (Revised, Lots of Inside/extras)

13»

Comments

• Jon's beatdown on Ramsay reminded me of Lee's on Andy St John

enter link description here

• Yes that's the charm of these work of art!

Also don't trust me, I say my amount of errors too!

N8eule posted: »

Yeah you are far better with your knowledge about this, next time I will trust you for sure. I always think I know how this all works and th

• Okay, I was sad to see Ramsay die cuz I fuckin' loved him as a villain, but...that was so satisfying.

• edited June 2016

Holy fuck, you totally got Rickon's death, great job m8

IR0NR4TH posted: »

It's going to have the deaths of; * Rickon Stark - (impaled by arrow of Ramsay) - Ramsay allows Rickon to go to Jon but as he reaches J

• That was enjoyable. What a battle, wow.

• edited June 2016

Does the Stark's violent execution of Ramsay sort of avenge Ethan Forrester's death? Stark vassals? The North Remembers?

Ramsay deserved it but... having prisoners eaten alive by hounds doesn't sound like the Stark way, it felt like Sansa essentially stooped to Ramsay's own level or somewhere close to it. Winterfell is finally reclaimed under Stark banners and they execute their prisoner Bolton style - instead of beheading him.

I know the audience absolutely relished the sight of a helpless Ramsay being gauged on and torn apart by his own starved hounds and Sansa wanted to make him suffer but it was disappointing that the Starks acted like Boltons.

• "You can't kill me, I'm part of you now." - Ramsay to Sansa.

Harian96 posted: »

Does the Stark's violent execution of Ramsay sort of avenge Ethan Forrester's death? Stark vassals? The North Remembers? Ramsay deserved

• Aren't the original Stark supposed to be hard,cruel,but just? As far as anyone knew,Ramsay got the most fitting justice for all his horrible deeds.

Does the Stark's violent execution of Ramsay sort of avenge Ethan Forrester's death? Stark vassals? The North Remembers? Ramsay deserved

• Where is it mentionned they are hard and cruel? They are no Red Kings. And even if it is, I don't know why Sansa must be like people who lived centuries ago.

Ned Stark taught that the man who pronounces the sentence must swing the sword though.

Herodriver posted: »

Aren't the original Stark supposed to be hard,cruel,but just? As far as anyone knew,Ramsay got the most fitting justice for all his horrible deeds.

• Let's look back and realize that if Stannis were alive and he was fighting Ramsey in the same circumstances...

The Mannis would not be fooled, he would prevail. Probably woulda flayed Ramsey instead of letting his hounds have all the fun

• What the fuck? He deserved much worse than he got. He got off easy. And the doggies went to sleep with full bellies. Nothing wrong with that. He got justice and nothing less.

• enter image description here

Still gonna have a fair Stannis vs Roose/Ramsay in books though.

ShaneGrimes posted: »

Let's look back and realize that if Stannis were alive and he was fighting Ramsey in the same circumstances... The Mannis would not be fooled, he would prevail. Probably woulda flayed Ramsey instead of letting his hounds have all the fun

• edited June 2016

The things I hear about Stannis in the books and all the characters (Gryff, Victorian, etc) make me want to start reading the books.

Especially because I feel like the message George is trying to interpret has to be watered down for television and maybe even changed, so I really want to see how the world of Ice and Fire compares to its counterpart.

And I'm almost positive that CleganeBowl will happen in the books. So that's something to get hype about.

And isnt there going to be a whole Dunc and Egg series?

Euron posted: »

Still gonna have a fair Stannis vs Roose/Ramsay in books though.

• And I'm almost positive that CleganeBowl will happen in the books. So that's something to get hype about.

I actually had higher hopes for it in the show (before Tommen's announcement) than I've ever had when it came to the books. In the books it's implied that Sandor has found inner peace on this peaceful island, being a silent gravedigger. It's just hard to see GRRM writing him from there to somehow facing Ser Robert Strong in a trial by combat. It's not impossible, but I'm not getting hyped for it, so to say.

The things I hear about Stannis in the books and all the characters (Gryff, Victorian, etc) make me want to start reading the books. Espe

• The HBO series is amazing, but it is like a meatless skeleton next to the books. Done was poorly handled compared to the books. Victorian Greyjoy is missed. The Golden Company....Whiteharbor.

The things I hear about Stannis in the books and all the characters (Gryff, Victorian, etc) make me want to start reading the books. Espe

• I can tell you, it's worth it. Now I know two show watchers who tried the book: one didn't go past book one because of GRRM's style of writing, which might be considered "heavy". The other is reading CoK and is enjoying it as far as I know. I totally love these books though, and I recommend it to you.

As for the show/book comparison, it's totally two different materials, more than ever. As you will go through books the gap between the two materials will grow, increasing your experience as show watcher since the show won't spoil you at some point, on the contrary what you know from the show will be different in books, adding somehow more surprise to it. To add to that, books have easily more depth and the plot is way more sophisticated, and not only because of the nature of the material imo. I can't tell you if George's message (which can have thousand of interpretation) is watered down for tv; while some themes are always present (war is bad for example) others aren't that much (example: one single action can lead to your fall/the book is more politic-oriented). Still the stories and characters are very different when both confronted, with some arcs you might not know about. And if you like Stannis in show, I think you will end up liking Book Stannis even more; he's one of the character who has been blackwashed for some reasons.

Concerning the Dunc and Egg series, I don't know.. There are a lot of rumors going on. DD don't want to, and HBO has all the rights of adaptation concerning the world of Westeros apparently. But HBO won't if DD don't want to.. Well, that's what HBO says though.

• Maybe we could use some spoilers, but how is Lady Stoneheart and the brotherhood coming along in the books? Do they know about the long night?

And I guess CleganeBowl isn't what we really need right now anyway. But I'd love to see him come back and give back for all the things he has taken throughout his tenure. Sorta like Jaime is trying to redeem himself. But CleganeBowl could end up making more sense if George does it

As much as I'd like for Sandor to find peace, it's almost Winter. I don't want him to end up like show Ray.

And I'm almost positive that CleganeBowl will happen in the books. So that's something to get hype about. I actually had higher hope

• About that...if the Starks have any sense, then the dogs won't go to sleep at all and will follow their former master after eating him. I now they're not at fault for being raised like they were, but it doesn't change the fact that they were raised to be vicious beasts.

What the fuck? He deserved much worse than he got. He got off easy. And the doggies went to sleep with full bellies. Nothing wrong with that. He got justice and nothing less.

• YEESSS!!! Thank fuck! Ramsay should've got flayed though :/

• I don't really see a reason why they wouldn't do Dunk&Egg (or any other Westeros story) just because D&D wouldn't be the showrunners. They have had a huge team doing GoT, and I'm sure there would be someone who could take the task of showrunner, one of them being Bryan Cogman, who as far as I know has been in the team since season 1.

And I'm pretty sure they do have interest on doing more Westeros related shows, perhaps after a year or two's break. People would be salivating for another series at that point, even if the budget wouldn't be as high as these last seasons of GoT.

Euron posted: »

I can tell you, it's worth it. Now I know two show watchers who tried the book: one didn't go past book one because of GRRM's style of writi

• I'm just stating what has been stated until then ;)

I don't really see a reason why they wouldn't do Dunk&Egg (or any other Westeros story) just because D&D wouldn't be the showrunners

• Shoulda showed the dogs ripping off his manhood.

Killah posted: »

YEESSS!!! Thank fuck! Ramsay should've got flayed though

• edited July 2016

:/

I'm excited.

• You had no reason to bump this thread.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.