Am I the only one who really loves this game?

Reason I ask this is I saw the user score on Metacritic, and it made me want to gouge my eyeballs out.

The other Telltale games got a way higher score than this game. It has awesome story, awesome characters, and very hard choices. It deserves a 90 at least.

I just wanna say...

Fuck. Metacritic.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Comments

• I love this game. Plain and simple.

• I think it had it's shortcomings, particularly on the last half of the season, but I still really enjoyed it and I'm very ready for Season 2.

• Definitely not. I could care less if our choices matters, I like the story however :p

• Na, there are some problems with the game, the writing and characters suffer quite a bit. It beats TWD season 2, but not as good as the the Telltale games

• I love this game AND I am with you, fuck Metacritic. This game is one of the bests that I have ever played in my life.

• edited June 2016

Actually, Game of Thrones is my favorite Telltale game and favorite game in general.

However, as I responded to you before, I can't give even a single shit about what scores IGN, Gamespot, Metacritic or any reviewers in general give it, even if it's bad or good. It doesn't change my opinion on the game at all and I never relied on them. They just give me a taste to what's to come and that's it.

• It's my favorite Telltale Game. I love the characters, I love the story -- the choices matter less to me than them things.

• Kind of a biased place to ask, but yeah I like this game.

• While I don't have the same opinion on the game (though I do really enjoy it and it's my second fav after Tales) I do enjoy telltale and acknowledge that I wouldn't have gotten into GoT at all if it weren't for this game

• You can count TTGOT's fans on one hand, and I have no fucking clue why.

Maybe it's because it was so poorly promoted during it's run : P

• edited June 2016

This game is amazing, it had its ups and downs, bad moments and errors in the plot, but what Telltale game didn't? People always exploit Game of Thrones' flaws and act as if Tales and The Wolf Among Us and the rest of their games don't have any. Disliking this game is a very biased opinion, same with people thinking Tales is the best Telltale game and nothing can beat it. Game of Thrones being generally disliked and criticized so often comes down to what kind of people mostly follow Telltale games; GoT has a very different style than any other Telltale Game. My theory is that people dislike it because they are not accustomed to this type of genre. It has always upset me how unfairly Thrones is treated.

• GOT is easily my favourite Telltale seried so far. I've never been this into a story and it's characters. I still don't understand why it's so underrated.

• Tales is still my favorite Telltale game, but I really like GOT and I really appreciate the fact that some of the choices actually matter a great deal, especially considering Season 2.

• Is there any room for one more?

enter image description here

• wolfanus

Sighs.

enter image description here

Also, I'm glad there's also some room for me. :^)

• This is the ultimate gay threesome.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

wolfanus Sighs. Also, I'm glad there's also some room for me. :^)

• Yeah, we cool <3

I love your sense of humor, BTW :)

• edited June 2016

I really like this game, it deserves more than a 60+ rate for sure, but these people make some really good points.

This game had no closure at all! The Forrester plot is left unresolved, the North Grove plot felt empty in the end since we discover nothing about it and Mira's plot... just... eh. They could've said since the begining that they had another season planned instead of giving it 3 days after the finale. Everyone (figuratively speaking) was expecting the Whitehill vs Forrester confilct to end in Episode 6.

I really liked Mira's plot and its characters but Mira throughout the story acomplishes nothing. Episode's 5 plot was completely ignored. They basically make us screw up regardless in Episode 5 and then Episode 6 acts like we did what Cersei wanted and she get Andros killed regardless? Oh and ending her plot with that 'vilain' that in one scene is threathening our life and in the other is asking us for marriage felt like a cheap, lazy way to end her story. I hope that in Season 2 TellTale does not forget Mira. Resolving her stupid Season 1 plot and make her somewhat relevant to the main plot in Season 2 is the only way TellTale can fix this for me. I can only hope.

Gared's spends Season 1 trying to find the North Grove, that's his plot. When we get to the North Grove we discover nothing about it. This makes me question if TellTale knew what the North Grove was since the begining or maybe they planed to only make it up while writting Season 2?

These are only my 3 major problems with this game. It's still a really good game and I like it a lot.

• I really liked it. Can't wait for season 2!

• I loved it! It's what got me interested in the Game of Thrones show.

• Never trust scores on any websites, they aren't objective but merely subjective and biased opinions from a very very small amount of individuals, some of which may not have even played the game.

• I absolutely love it. Can't wait for season 2! Hurry up and get here already!

• Not at all. I bought the game on a pure whim and before I knew it, I was a Game of Thrones fan.

• Well, scores are how you know if it's underrated or not.

prink34320 posted: »

Never trust scores on any websites, they aren't objective but merely subjective and biased opinions from a very very small amount of individuals, some of which may not have even played the game.

• I think scores are just a person's or multiple peoples' opinion on how the game scores out of a certain number, I wouldn't say that it tells people whether anything is under or even over rated.

Well, scores are how you know if it's underrated or not.

• To each their own, amirite?

prink34320 posted: »

I think scores are just a person's or multiple peoples' opinion on how the game scores out of a certain number, I wouldn't say that it tells people whether anything is under or even over rated.

• edited July 2016

I've always loved the show (never read the books).

I didn't find out about the game until it was nearly over, but I loved every episode. After that, I bought and played all the other Telltale games, but GoT was still my favorite of them all by far. Then I joined the forum's and it felt like everyone hated it. That was fun.

But no, you're not the only one. :D

And I agree...

Fuck. Metacritic.

• This sub-thread is weird.

darko22 posted: »

Bacon!

• edited August 2016

k.

Harian96 posted: »

This sub-thread is weird.

• you're not the only one, obviously... So S2 inbound, prepare to save House Forrester and make some more real hard choices :P

• Most of the steam reviews of this game are negative. What bothers me is that some of them complain that you die no matter what. Well it's the same thing in TWD but just more sadder. In the TWD almost everyone dies. In GoT almost everyone dies. So yeah I don't know what to say about that.

• I think the players on Steam are mad that the Forrester basically lost, their choices didn't matter and they have to wait for the next season.

Also I think that they are sour, because the Season finale wasn't satisfying and conclusive enough and they have to pay for the next season, probably feeling it is a cash grab.

I can understand that they are unhappy about it. But I think they should also acknowledged the game's strengths.

Menofthe214 posted: »

Most of the steam reviews of this game are negative. What bothers me is that some of them complain that you die no matter what. Well it's th

• That is true. Most of them were disappointed that their choices didn't matter. But the thing is, in TWD and TWAU choices mattered less then this game in my opinion. I think people were way harsh on this game. But I mean people say that TWAU is still a good game even if choices didn't matter which works ok for them. But in this game they say choices don't matter and just screw you over which doesn't work ok with some of people playing it.

I think the players on Steam are mad that the Forrester basically lost, their choices didn't matter and they have to wait for the next seaso

• I think people are more acceptive of TWAU because while the choices only slightly change stuff, they were more embracing to Bigby because he is a badass and lone wolf protagonist. He is making progress through every episode and the ending while still leaving some questions unanswered, is still satisfying conclusion to the first season.

Game of Thrones is much harsher and brutal. The Forrester is constantly beaten and humiliated by their enemies, which in turn makes the player feel sour and negative. Almost every episode ends dark and wanting. The darkness possibly gets to the point that the players becomes desperate for a good ending. And they want their questions answered. When that doesn't happen, people are no doubt upset. We can argue that the players are simply not used to a multi season game, so hopefully Season 2 can make people acceptive of this game.

Menofthe214 posted: »

That is true. Most of them were disappointed that their choices didn't matter. But the thing is, in TWD and TWAU choices mattered less then

• That is right my friend!

I think people are more acceptive of TWAU because while the choices only slightly change stuff, they were more embracing to Bigby because he

• The game had no closure, because it was only season 1 of the game. They have to leave it open to continue the story into season 2 and possibly beyond. If they ended the story and resolved everything in the first season, what would be the point of creating a second season?

I wasn't expecting the story to end at episode 6, maybe because I've played other Tell Tale games and have come to expect multiple seasons from them for each game series.

I agree with you about Mira though. She was and still is my favorite character in the game, yet in the end they make all her efforts pointless, like she was some kind of minor filler character and not an actual member of house Forester. I think the only reason they even gave us the choice to save her or kill her was because of the response to Ethan's death. If Tell Tale are smart about it, they will continue Mira's story line, for those of us who chose to save her, regardless of the fact that most people seemed to have favoured giving her a "Ned Stark" style death. The thing is, Mira is really the only politically savvy character, or at least tries to use it to her advantage. Well there is Duncan, but that's on a different level and also he might have ended up being your traitor if you didn't pick him for sentinel.

As for Gared's plot, I enjoyed his story line too, in fact after Mira he is my second favorite character. I just get the impression that they want to leave us wondering so that we can learn more about it in season 2.

Other than that I don't really have any complaints about the game. I enjoyed this game and I can't wait to play season 2. Hopefully the decisions we made in season 1 will have more of an impact on season 2.

I really like this game, it deserves more than a 60+ rate for sure, but these people make some really good points. This game had no closu

Sign in to comment in this discussion.