The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• I'm going to say again, that's the whole point of the "past tragedy" choices: kenny dying, jane's suicide, wellington getting sacked, AJ being sick and stolen from her
    how much do you think a young girl can take before she cracks a bit?

also, I love how people always conveniently forget Eli attacked with a knife.

DabigRG posted: »

Agreed. It's also worth noting that the bullets were apparently working until literally right as they were at the gates of Prescott clearing

• For maximum drama.

Pretty much. Why he chose the fuckin belltower is beyond me.

• Gotta love those lingering remnants of scrapped ideas.

Yeah, at least for the sake of trivia or if it can still be worked in somehow like Ben's experiences with the Save Lot's Bandits.

and forgetful...ha. They remembered Rufus, but forgot Max.
    Ouch.

Yeah, I don't get that! :lol: I mean, I like what they did with him and it added to scope of the situation, but it's the same fucking voice actor and yet Max is not listed at all. I was hoping he'd show up given his complete absence from the previous episode, but I guess Joan/Clint's absence didn't help his chances.

Louche posted: »

I suppose that does make sense, I thought Hector was that when I first played episode 1. Man, he was pointless. Gotta love those lingering remnants of scrapped ideas. and forgetful...ha. They remembered Rufus, but forgot Max. Ouch.

• I'm going to say again, that's the whole point of the "past tragedy" choices: kenny dying, jane's suicide, wellington getting sacked, AJ being sick and stolen from her
    how much do you think a young girl can take before she cracks a bit?

Eh. I don't know, Clementine is general is something I didn't wanna think too much about this installment in part because of the headache of making her previous characterization make sense with the new one.
    Maybe if she hadn't outright killed him but still hurt him a fair bit with like a shot in the arm or something, I wouldn't be quite as critical of her actions there.

also, I love how people always conveniently forget Eli attacked with a knife.

So? He got his ass handed to him by Javier and he was intimidated to the point where he'd actually go
    back on his deal with her, which is what she wanted anyway. You're also ignoring that he assumed she brought Javier along to threaten him into doing what she wanted and only attacked after she fired the jamming gun at him to prove the bullets weren't working. Add in the implication that Clementine had caused trouble in Prescott(or at least Conrad's bar) before and it somewhat understandable that he'd be a bit adverse to dealing with her, dick or not.

I know his character is essentially an acceptable target(which just makes it worse in my opinion), but at the same time, that's not how life works: you can't just decide to kill people just because you don't like them or their attitude--especially not in a place where you're a visitor on ice. If she was having a problem, she should've called Tripp(or Conrad/Francine if he's busy) and let him do his job by helping settle things. It doesn't help that unused dialogue has her realize that she could hang for doing that.

I'm going to say again, that's the whole point of the "past tragedy" choices: kenny dying, jane's suicide, wellington getting sacked, AJ be

• Heh. The Ham.

For maximum drama.

• Any clue as to why Badger seemed to know Javier was in Prescott?

• Plot told him where he was.

Any clue as to why Badger seemed to know Javier was in Prescott?

• Where did Conrad disappear at the beginning of EP5? Last time, he was with Javi and Clem at the end of EP4.

• Ah, that plot! Always a prankster.

AronDracula posted: »

Plot told him where he was.

• edited June 2017

[removed]

Plot told him where he was.

• the void

Where did Conrad disappear at the beginning of EP5? Last time, he was with Javi and Clem at the end of EP4.

• In episode 5, Tripp forgave me for the choosing Ava over him because he "put himself in my shoes" and saw that I was justified in shooting Conrad. How does the conversation on the apartment roof go with Tripp if you didn't shoot Conrad?

• For comic fans, were any of the settlements named in Above the Law supposed to be completely destroyed or was Prescott truly the only one as suggested by the involvement of Badger?

• He fell into a plot hole

Where did Conrad disappear at the beginning of EP5? Last time, he was with Javi and Clem at the end of EP4.

• He's actually more hostile to you if you didn't shoot Conrad. This happened in my original playthrough.

I remember him saying something like "I'm not even going to ask how you picked Ava over me." After that, he just walks away looking super pissed and saying "don't get me more mad". He also doesn't give you the option of burying the hatchet.

He will still save you at the part where Ava dies thought.

BC_Guy posted: »

In episode 5, Tripp forgave me for the choosing Ava over him because he "put himself in my shoes" and saw that I was justified in shooting Conrad. How does the conversation on the apartment roof go with Tripp if you didn't shoot Conrad?

• I always thought they threatened Francine for the location

Any clue as to why Badger seemed to know Javier was in Prescott?

• None of the settlements in the comics were victims of TNF period, as TNF was a more recently made up concept. The shit Jesus said about the kingdom was just there as a little nod.

For comic fans, were any of the settlements named in Above the Law supposed to be completely destroyed or was Prescott truly the only one as suggested by the involvement of Badger?

• Was there any hub in Episode 5?

• The only one that was mentioned, apart from Prescott, was the Kingdom, which is a community of crazy fucks that spend their free time killing people with their pet tigers and pretending to be in the middle ages with armours and horses. But they're cool. And they're alive by now. They're good friends with Jesus (he's some kind of ambassador among all communities). Actually, I'm pretty sure the armour and horse he has in Episode 5 are from there. Plus, these guys are really fucking badass, they wouldn't take more than one raid. So no. As far as I know, Prescott was the only community that was destroyed.

For comic fans, were any of the settlements named in Above the Law supposed to be completely destroyed or was Prescott truly the only one as suggested by the involvement of Badger?

• Nope

Was there any hub in Episode 5?

• DAMMIT, TELLTALE

Nope

• seriously, the whole episode was shit. not just to the people on the forums, there are people saying this on youtube as well.

DAMMIT, TELLTALE

• Yeah, seriously, wtf? That was the perfect time for one since you could reallly bookend everything with a quiet moment after all of the fighting is over.

DAMMIT, TELLTALE

• Good point. Probably asked her if she saw Javier and then used her as a hostage when it turned out to be her home.

Sparkeagle posted: »

I always thought they threatened Francine for the location

• Okay then.

None of the settlements in the comics were victims of TNF period, as TNF was a more recently made up concept. The shit Jesus said about the kingdom was just there as a little nod.

• Huh. Is that where Michonne's teacher/dad/uncle with the obvious CG Tiger from that one gif comes from?

Thanks though! That was an assumption I made back in Above the Law given Badger's seemingly out of theme behavior.

The only one that was mentioned, apart from Prescott, was the Kingdom, which is a community of crazy fucks that spend their free time killin

• Yes, he's from there.

He's actually her Boyfriend Number 5. But he did teach her how to use the Katana better.

Huh. Is that where Michonne's teacher/dad/uncle with the obvious CG Tiger from that one gif comes from? Thanks though! That was an assumption I made back in Above the Law given Badger's seemingly out of theme behavior.

• edited June 2017

Wow, now I'm actually kind of glad I killed Conrad.

Findagon posted: »

He's actually more hostile to you if you didn't shoot Conrad. This happened in my original playthrough. I remember him saying something l

• edited June 2017

I played the episode with one hand while I was blow drying my hair, goes to show the lack of real steering the game needs. Also finished the game before I finished my hair.

This isn't even a fucking game anymore, it's a TV show where you pick the dialogue even though all the dialogue choices are the same just worded differently.

But knowing telltale they'll still stick to their "we're striving for a new Netflix feel!" even though nobody likes it, nobody asked for it, and there was never a problem with the original gameplay in the first place. Just like the episodes KEEP ON getting shorter despite fans begging for longer episodes for the past 3 years.

Was there any hub in Episode 5?

• Oh that's right, Deltino did mention that Michonne is normally a busybooty.

#What a milf.

Yes, he's from there. He's actually her Boyfriend Number 5. But he did teach her how to use the Katana better.

• Yeah, this episode was shit.

I played the episode with one hand while I was blow drying my hair, goes to show the lack of real steering the game needs. Also finished the

• how will kate and gabe die in their five minute, half-assed flashbacks in season four?

• Pregnancy complications?

how will kate and gabe die in their five minute, half-assed flashbacks in season four?

• Do toilets still work in the apocalypse?

• The weed kicks in

Findagon posted: »

What happens if Conrad dies in Episode 4? Does Kate already know that she ran over him or is there an option to tell her that she ran over o

• Gabe thinks he sees Clem and it was a walker that looked like her

how will kate and gabe die in their five minute, half-assed flashbacks in season four?

• Question about episode four:

How does Kate react if you kissed her in episode one and agree to having a future with her in episode four?

Does she have the same reaction as not kissing her and then agreeing to a relationship (somewhat shocked, but relieved), or is it different?

• Kate: If you agreed to start a family with her, she dies of pregnancy issues. If you rejected her, she kills herself since she feels alone.

Gabe: Wanting to impress Clem if she were to ever return, Gabe is practicing his awesome parkour skills by jumping across Richmond buildings. He trips on a ledge and plunges into a horde of walkers, never to be seen again.

(Bonus) David: Javi and David are killing walkers for fun since David is obsessed with being a soldier. David cuts off a walkers head and is playing around with it, but it bites him and Javi has to put him down.

• My question is

"Why?"

Just why.

• I'm sorry, I think there are some real legitimate problems with this season, but none of them have to do with background mooks.

Go to my Failed Aspirations thread and you'll see.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.