The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Anybody know why -while fighting Javi - Clem sometimes shoots David and sometimes just puts a gun to his head?

What influenced that

• What influences this is whether or not you shot Kenny. If you shot him, she shoots David. If you didn't, she sticks the gun to his head.

-Stewart- posted: »

Anybody know why -while fighting Javi - Clem sometimes shoots David and sometimes just puts a gun to his head? What influenced that

• Thanks!

What influences this is whether or not you shot Kenny. If you shot him, she shoots David. If you didn't, she sticks the gun to his head.

• ...Meaning?

KaiMaestro posted: »

Does anyone else think the outro song/ending credits song for ANF is fire

• Though this might become dated, which Diamond would the Richmond Council Members be?

• What would each character's Dæmon be?

(A Dæmon, for those who don't know, is the representation on one's soul in Lyra's World, in the book series "His Dark Materials" [also known as The Golden Compass]. It has physical existence and animal shape that settles around 12 years old. Before that age, fue Dæmon can turn into any animal. They can talk and have human consciousness, and touching other person's Dæmon is considered taboo. They're literally a persons soul. Similar to spirit animals. For example, I think David's Dæmon would be a wolf. Just like Dogs tend to be the Dæmon of servants, and a soldier is practically that, but way more violent. Wolves are pack animals, loyal to their cause, just like soldiers, and just like David stayed loyal to his family and is horrifyed with Javier and Kate's betrayal.)

I know this is so fucking random
  • Maybe this should be it's own thread but: Now that ANF is over, what exactly did everyone not like about Ties that Bind in particular?

• enter image description here

A likely reason for this scene being so poorly developed (it felt rushed, there were hardly any facial animations, voice recordings weren't great, etc) might be due to the scene being planned last minute.

In the leaked episode game files for episode 5 there was no mention of this scene existing at all. This scene might have replaced the scene with Eleanor where she persuaded us to give back the stolen supplies.

So, yeah, a painfully obvious last minute rewritten scene.

• the animations were amazing. i love how they focus on fern, who was a background character with literally 30 seconds of screentime, rather than focusing on joan, clint, max, lonnie, and you could even say eleanor. it was probably written the day before the episode was released, which makes me so proud.

A likely reason for this scene being so poorly developed (it felt rushed, there were hardly any facial animations, voice recordings weren't

• Are you serious? You really don't know what does it mean when a song is "fire"?

DabigRG posted: »

...Meaning?

• Wrong thread?

But you're right. The Fern-Ida-Rufus scene was mainly there to provide a clearer motivator for Kate's actions in the climax, as well as show how violent David can be. And I do like the idea of that scene; I just wish they still could've included stuff for Eleanor, who is pretty neglected all things considered.

Also, the supplies would only be relevant to Pro-David choices, ergo, those who shot Joan.

A likely reason for this scene being so poorly developed (it felt rushed, there were hardly any facial animations, voice recordings weren't

• Damn I thought I was in the details thread, whoops.

Wrong thread? But you're right. The Fern-Ida-Rufus scene was mainly there to provide a clearer motivator for Kate's actions in the climax

• I keep hearing from people that Gabe "redeemed himself" in EP5. What exactly did he do that was redeem-worthy, because AFAIK he was the same old Gabe.

• he puts david down, claims that he feels bad about his actions in one of the endings, just acts better overall in my opinion

BC_Guy posted: »

I keep hearing from people that Gabe "redeemed himself" in EP5. What exactly did he do that was redeem-worthy, because AFAIK he was the same old Gabe.

• Are you sure because i didn't shoot kenny but clem shot david on the arm

What influences this is whether or not you shot Kenny. If you shot him, she shoots David. If you didn't, she sticks the gun to his head.

• I don't know, that glitch has been going around for a bit, but I know officially that's how she's supposed to decide.

funnylad55 posted: »

Are you sure because i didn't shoot kenny but clem shot david on the arm

• Did you happen to get "A Survival Strategist" as what your Clem became? Because that's listed as something that happens even though it has the Kenny ending.

funnylad55 posted: »

Are you sure because i didn't shoot kenny but clem shot david on the arm

• edited June 2017

I'd think it's how he generally realizes that his behavior has been pretty unacceptable, acknowledges that David(the person he was trying to emulate) isn't the type of man he should want to be like after seeing him operate firsthand, apologizes to Javier for [determinately?]giving him a hard time(which he kinda did in Thicker than Water, but I think most people skip that line), and cooperates more openly with other people's interests in mind.

I know people tend to throw that word around a lot, but to me, "redemption" is when a character acknowledges their flaws of character and tries to either fix themselves and/or make some kind of effort to help others if possible. Gabe, to me, was a character that I felt shouldn't really have had to "redeem" himself for quite a while in part because most of the stuff people were generally angry about were little things that weren't really offensive imo. To me, he was just a kid trying to figure himself out despite actually already having some decent concept about himself and most of his issues were more natural limitations than anything else. And honestly, most of the stuff gave him credit for in the finale was stuff that was there all along, but those natural limitations, issues with the writing, and/or whatever beef they may had with him made it difficult to notice.

BC_Guy posted: »

I keep hearing from people that Gabe "redeemed himself" in EP5. What exactly did he do that was redeem-worthy, because AFAIK he was the same old Gabe.

• Black Eyes ("each choice is the same wuuuu")

Lmao, I actually thought about this joke a long time ago. This song makes me remember about Telltale whenever I listen to it.

I would really love Ghost Towns as a credit song for Season 2 Episode 1. It just reminds me of older Clementine and her struggles in life without Lee. While Welcome Home kinda fits the Wellington ending.

I'm sorry, but even though many Radical Face songs would fit with the lyrics, I tried to choose songs that would also fit in trems of style.

• To be fair, they at least gave him a unique determinant scene with a few appropriate accompaniments to accompany that. It just so happened that said scene was pretty disrespectful to him and his fans

Nick's second death is worse than all of those

• edited June 2017

Yeah, Ghost Towns and Welcome Home are awsome.

Um, Black Eyes would totally fit ANF. In case you don't know, it's about a man called Willian who was abusive towards his wife and children. One day, she leaves the house to hide her family in the town, so he goes to "set her straight". Kind of remindes me of Kate and David.

Black Eyes ("each choice is the same wuuuu") Lmao, I actually thought about this joke a long time ago. This song makes me remember a

• She said he sent his brother to kill Lingard, badger

Yeah, seriously. Even when I first saw the episode, I was like "What crimes? Did you not just come out about what you've been doing behind t

• A better question is was that song meant for Javier

KaiMaestro posted: »

Does anyone else think the outro song/ending credits song for ANF is fire

• That...doesn't really make sense. Badger is one thing, but I'm pretty sure Lingard is not only determinant but also happens after David is captured..

NorthStars posted: »

She said he sent his brother to kill Lingard, badger

• I didn't come up with the idea and plot. That's just what she says is the reason to view David as a bad leader.

That...doesn't really make sense. Badger is one thing, but I'm pretty sure Lingard is not only determinant but also happens after David is captured..

• Even though I still think it is most influenced by the Kenny/Jane decision it also might have to do with if you told Clem you can handle David or not in episode 3. If you say you trust your brother or you can handle them, it says Clem will remember that, same as saying you dont trust him, I would say clem doesn't shoot David if she was told Javier can handle it himself, but if telling Clem he doesnt trust him, Clem will help.

-Stewart- posted: »

Anybody know why -while fighting Javi - Clem sometimes shoots David and sometimes just puts a gun to his head? What influenced that

• Not everyone likes and fangirls over boring overpowered characters just because they are gay.

Don't mind those. Focus on Jesus.

• Heck, I didn't even realize he was gay until I saw someone mention it.

Not everyone likes and fangirls over boring overpowered characters just because they are gay.

• I think its only in the comics so far. I dont recall the TV show including that.

Heck, I didn't even realize he was gay until I saw someone mention it.

• Well I'm not familiar with either, so it doesn't matter anyway.

I think its only in the comics so far. I dont recall the TV show including that.

• I kinda hope you're right.

Kate will truly be the new Kenny if she turns up aluve in her unknown ending.

• Who the hell cares about him being gay? I love him because he's fucking awsome

Not everyone likes and fangirls over boring overpowered characters just because they are gay.

• I'm sure.

Who the hell cares about him being gay? I love him because he's fucking awsome

• THEN BE SURE AND EAT YOUR SOUP THIS CONVERSATION IS OVER

I'm sure.

• Uh-huh. You didn't need to respond if its over.

THEN BE SURE AND EAT YOUR SOUP THIS CONVERSATION IS OVER

Shit

Uh-huh. You didn't need to respond if its over.

• Question: If the infection and the turning process is based on the brain, doesn't the brain technically rot as well? Doesn't that mean the walkers will just cut off after an extended period of time?

• I'm not sure, but I've heard somewhere their brain is practically mush at this point in the series.

Question: If the infection and the turning process is based on the brain, doesn't the brain technically rot as well? Doesn't that mean the walkers will just cut off after an extended period of time?

• So what, they just keep kicking because of nerves or something?

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

I'm not sure, but I've heard somewhere their brain is practically mush at this point in the series.

• I don't think anyone knows the answer to that, maybe not even Kirkman himself.

So what, they just keep kicking because of nerves or something?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.