The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• edited June 2017

Was Fern actually going for her gun?

I was thinking of these scenarios:

• She was just backing up and simply passed the gun
    • Or when everyone was yelling at David, she nudged the gun away from her so it looks like she wasn't reaching for the gun
  • Who else here isn't purchasing season 4? I'd rather """legally download""" it than ever support Telltale at its current state. I have little hope that season 4 will be season 2 level regardless.

• No. She was just backing away in fear, pain, and heartbreak. Otherwise, she would've shot David after he backhanded Gabe.

Sparkeagle posted: »

Was Fern actually going for her gun? I was thinking of these scenarios: * She was just backing up and simply passed the gun * Or wh

• edited June 2017

I always wait until a physical copy comes out to save on data and whatnot. So it'll depend on if I'm interested for whatever reason.

Spodes posted: »

Who else here isn't purchasing season 4? I'd rather """legally download""" it than ever support Telltale at its current state. I have little hope that season 4 will be season 2 level regardless.

• I might watch the first episode on YouTube, but I don't know, I'm honestly in despair for a good season after witnessing season 3 of TWDG, and it appears Guardians of the Galaxy is also abysmal.

DabigRG posted: »

I always wait until a physical copy comes out to save on data and whatnot. So it'll depend on if I'm interested for whatever reason.

• I think I'll watch a playthrough of the first episode of Season 4.

If the first episode is bad, then I won't bother buying the actual game.

If the first episode is good and it feels like the season has potential to be good in the future episodes, then I'll be happy buy it.

Who else here isn't purchasing season 4? I'd rather """legally download""" it than ever support Telltale at its current state. I have little hope that season 4 will be season 2 level regardless.

• edited June 2017

Hmm, I'd honestly wait until the second episode, then that would increase the chances of the season being worth it.

What if they make the first episode sustainable (although they're still using the new engine that looks like ass and predicating the plot off season 3's mess). What if the next one and subsequent ones are either "good" or "awful", etc. I don't know, personally I'd wait until the second episode as it may denote a better season (or not), but you do you.

Findagon posted: »

I think I'll watch a playthrough of the first episode of Season 4. If the first episode is bad, then I won't bother buying the actual gam

• Really now? Cause what little I've heard from people like AronDracula suggests it was the game ANF could've been.

I might watch the first episode on YouTube, but I don't know, I'm honestly in despair for a good season after witnessing season 3 of TWDG, and it appears Guardians of the Galaxy is also abysmal.

• Learned my lesson with this season. I'll probably just watch the first few episodes online and only pick it up if they're amazing.

• I've heard a decent amount of people say it isn't great, or was mediocre. Even some media didn't like it, such as this.

Really now? Cause what little I've heard from people like AronDracula suggests it was the game ANF could've been.

• Huh. Guess that shows my ignorance about the matter.

I've heard a decent amount of people say it isn't great, or was mediocre. Even some media didn't like it, such as this.

• Yeah so sorry if this is a dumb question or whatever but what was the deal with Clementine's missing finger and did we find out how it actually happened? I think in my game she had all her fingers lol.

• Lol, the episode finished before your hair dried XD
    That is like the perfect analogy for how ANF was.

I played the episode with one hand while I was blow drying my hair, goes to show the lack of real steering the game needs. Also finished the

• Alone season 2 ending

wdfan posted: »

Yeah so sorry if this is a dumb question or whatever but what was the deal with Clementine's missing finger and did we find out how it actually happened? I think in my game she had all her fingers lol.

• Ok but how did it happen?

Alone season 2 ending

• Interesting, I got Clementine to follow Javi, but

• I accepted Ava's offer
      -Injected AJ
      -Did not spit in David's face

Maybe's there's an unseen fourth thing to trigger it.

Sparkeagle posted: »

Have Clem stay with Kate while Javi chooses to stay with Kate Clementine rejected Ava's offer, injected AJ and spat in David's face) or j

• AJ was being an asshole scaring away rabbits they were hunting (with a pistol...), so Clem found a car near by, and it wasn't locked apparently, so she opened it and put AJ in there, in which he started to cry. Then Clem goes away for a few seconds and walkers appears from nowhere, then she tries getting AJ out, but a walker bumps into the car door which smashes her finger into a car door leaving it mangled for whatever reason. We can deduce she severed her finger off due to it's incapability to heal or be fixed (I guess).

TL;DR, a car door smashed her finger into oblivion and it looked poorly done.

wdfan posted: »

Ok but how did it happen?

• edited June 2017

So I just saw Dartigan's gaming sins video for New Frontier, and he brought up something that I can't believe I haven't thought of before:

Why didn't Conrad using Javi as a bargaining chip instead of Clem? Everyone knew that the New Frontier hated Javi's guts and wanted him dead, which is what started the Prescott fight in the first place. Badger would be more than happy to have the guy who killed his friends and determinately stabbed one of his men in the neck. Also Conrad was pissed at Javi for getting Francine killed, especially if you said "she doesn't mean anything to me" and opened fire on the NF.

• This is actually a very good question.

BC_Guy posted: »

So I just saw Dartigan's gaming sins video for New Frontier, and he brought up something that I can't believe I haven't thought of before:

• Now that is what I'd call the No.1 fan

Challenge: Does anyone know all of the dialogue colors for each characters?

• I was more surprised with the fact that Christa never had that talk with Clem even after living several months together

I know I'm gonna regret asking this, but when Clementine brought up that she's been bleeding, she mentioned that the other women in her groups had it too: who was she referencing?

• The second set of choices I put was for Clem to follow Javi, the top one is just Clem helping Kate

Interesting, I got Clementine to follow Javi, but * I accepted Ava's offer -Injected AJ -Did not spit in David's face Maybe's there's an unseen fourth thing to trigger it.

• edited June 2017

His initial grudge against Clementine would've been more prominent originally, as she was explicitly the reason Badger came to Prescott according to unused dialogue. And given that earlier concepts had Javier himself as the New Frontier member, it's possible that he would've done so.

Practically speaking, it's much easier to use Clementine(the 2nd shortest character in the game) instead of the buff young athlete. Though I think him using Clementine instead still makes more sense dramatically speaking and it's one of the few interesting things they do with her, neutered impact or not.

• Yeah, seriously. Especially given her reaction to learning about the Stranger.

I was more surprised with the fact that Christa never had that talk with Clem even after living several months together

• edited June 2017

Yeah. Honestly, I'm surprise @dan290786 hasn't posted yet,

Now that is what I'd call the No.1 fan

• Yeah, if you think about it, during most of the game, Clem was there for nothing (fanservice), and at least in this moment she had some impact in the actual group.

His initial grudge against Clementine would've been more prominent originally, as she was explicitly the reason Badger came to Prescott acco

• I do think it makes more sense to use Javier, but Conrad probably wouldn't be able to do it alone since Javi is younger/stronger, and I doubt Tripp would help him.

• What are the relationship choices you can have in all seasons, correct me if I'm wrong but Kate is the only one I'm aware of?

• Yes, she is the only one you can have a relationship

What are the relationship choices you can have in all seasons, correct me if I'm wrong but Kate is the only one I'm aware of?

• You can somewhat "slowly step into a relationship" with Carley in Season 1, but of course, Lee & Carley ship sank right when Lilly shot her.

What are the relationship choices you can have in all seasons, correct me if I'm wrong but Kate is the only one I'm aware of?

• edited June 2017

but Conrad probably wouldn't be able to do it alone since Javi is younger/stronger

Conrad would've gotten the gun draw on him first, it doesn't matter how strong or young you are, a gun will kill you, so this is irrelevant.

and I doubt Tripp would help him.

I don't think he needed Tripp to help him really, plus, if I set my resentment for Clementine in season 3 aside, Tripp didn't have an issue using a 13-year-old girl as a bargaining chip that may have gotten her killed subsequently.

This entire scenario makes little sense, and they didn't really care too much about Clementine regardless. Javier would've most likely been more effective as he's a recent issue and adversary to them.

I do think it makes more sense to use Javier, but Conrad probably wouldn't be able to do it alone since Javi is younger/stronger, and I doubt Tripp would help him.

• Anyone got any context for this?
    enter image description here

• So what are all of the things the Stranger can berate Lee for during their talk? Here are the ones I know so far:

• Saving Carley/Doug (if he can't find anything else bad about Lee)
    • Letting Clem eat human meat
    • Leaving Lily on the road
    • Bringing Clem to Crawford

I'm pretty sure he can say other stuff though.

• DabigRG posted: »

Anyone got any context for this?

• Huh. I never noticed the camo pants before.

• He also talks about Lee stealing from the van, and if you don't, he still says they're your people or whatever. Not sure about anything else though, there may be something I'm forgetting as well.

So what are all of the things the Stranger can berate Lee for during their talk? Here are the ones I know so far: * Saving Carley/Doug

• If you killed Danny St. John he brings it up

So what are all of the things the Stranger can berate Lee for during their talk? Here are the ones I know so far: * Saving Carley/Doug

• Did Carver give Kenny brain damage and is he responsible for Kenny's insanity later in the season?

• That was the implication, yes. As Carlos alluded, Kenny not only repeated trauma to not only his head but to his eye specifically(which, in case you don't know, is connected directly to the brain) was bound to cause serious problems.

Clemenem posted: »

Did Carver give Kenny brain damage and is he responsible for Kenny's insanity later in the season?

• edited June 2017

I'm not sure about brain damage (it was never implied that his brain was failing or damaged), and I don't believe Kenny was ever "insane", but he did seek revenge against Carver as he resented him for his actions.

Other than that, I agree with Kenny beating Arvo, and the dialogue is skewed to make you believe he's losing it, when in reality, your group is the ones with lost brain cells, letting a shithead (that my Clementine didn't steal from) lead his group to us in attempts of robbing us and invoking a gun fight. Kenny was very stressed and angry due to the amount of tragedy occurring within days, and Arvo was the punching bag. Arvo got himself into that situation completely, so I can't feel much remorse for him, not to mention you can be 100% nice to Arvo the entire time and he'll still shot an 11-year-old girl, and also left a newborn baby and two other adults with no resources stranded in a cold; worn-down lodge in some vague and desolate area. Also (in case this gets brought up), Jane purposely invokes a fight and gets herself killed by not conveying that AJ is alive.

Sorry for going off on a rant, just had to provide some context on why I don't believe Kenny isn't insane.

Clemenem posted: »

Did Carver give Kenny brain damage and is he responsible for Kenny's insanity later in the season?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.