The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Ah, so it's a Voodoo Shark--Of course!

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

I don't think anyone knows the answer to that, maybe not even Kirkman himself.

• Apparently Telltale said that Lingard is gay. Lingard also wanted to die once he thought David was doomed. Is it possible they had a thing?

• What? When?

Apparently Telltale said that Lingard is gay. Lingard also wanted to die once he thought David was doomed. Is it possible they had a thing?

• edited June 2017

Idk, man, I guess I'd rather just not think about it.

Just because something's awful, doesn't mean it can't be interesting. I would like to know more. Maybe someone should ask telltale or someone that wrote that episode what actually happened to Jolene.

I guess, in there case, it's human nature coming out and realizing there's no law system to punish them and being hopped up on opium and possibly St. John's barbecue means there's practically no inhibitions about psychotic behavior, as demonstrated by "Jake" himself(assuming it meant to be the same character).

right, yeah, the characters mentioned the bandits doing drugs offhandledy a couple times. No idea where they got that assumption from though.

Yeah, I heard and it's one of the many things that makes me question "This is a good comic?" Also, the Governor's a pedophile too, huh?

I mostly enjoyed the comic for the interactions between the group, the build-up before something bad happens and the slow progression of Rick's character. Unlike the show, at least it took a while for things to get really edgy. The show says, "hey let's show rick blow a zombie little girl's brains out in the first five minutes of the pilot episode to show that we're hardcoooore."

Gee, thanks for that. I was mainly thinking along the lines of they took her off somewhere and either turned her loose to fend for herself like they did Jolene or kept her around as an extra set of hands. d'Make for an interesting, if disturbing, character origin--Danielle:The Bandit Girl!

sorry, but no way. It's subtle, but listen to the dialogue from Jolene "take a can of beans like you take a little girl" does that honestly sound like they threw her out? or "they didn't treat her right"
    they used her up like meat and food. to satiate their perverse hunger.

Again, would rather that not be in there in regards to situations like the Bandits if unnecessary. Sometimes, nothing is scarier and it gets past the censors easier because there's nothing specifically offending there.

Anyway, I think sex is more taboo than violence because it's generally considered too indecent, mature, and potentially scarring, where violence is often a necessary part of storytelling. Translation: Tom and Jerry is inherently more popular than Fritz the Cat.
    I'm not saying we need a graphic rape scene, but I just want to know a little more, even some cut lines would be nice.
    I actually think the vague implications in the game are pretty creepy, but I do definitely think they suggest they raped and killed her.

Also, are you seriously comparing comic slapstick violence to actual tits and sex? Yeah, they're both cartoony, but... I dunno. That movie had an X rating, I watched it and I was like "really? that's it?" I saw more hardcore stuff when I was 10.

Pretty much this. And I think it's inherently much crueler for the bandits to separate the two in spite of the deal and former friendship while still keeping Jolene around to mess with for a while until they got bored, leaving her to assume the worst. Plus, turning Danielle loose seems less like a contemplated plan of evil and more like just a spur of the moment action done for the lulz.

Except they did separate her, but how they did it is another matter. They probably took even GREATER pleasure letting Jolene think she might be alive out there, when they knew they killed her and hid her body somewhere in the woods.
    Spur of the moment is being hopped up on drugs and deciding you're going to gang-rape a kid. Then go back to the mother and pretend like nothing's happened.
    Maybe whoever did it wasn't even part of the "main" group of the bandits and hid it just in case they didn't approve.

DabigRG posted: »

No way, man. You said it yourself they got bored with Jolene, so they decided they'd have a go at the daughter. Idk, man, I guess I'

• In TWD ANF how do you get the ending where Gabe dies i wanna get them all

• edited June 2017

Anyone else feel like the "Gabe has a crush on you" dialogue option sounded forced, especially when Javi says "You both have my blessing"? You would think we can choose whether or not she has our blessing.

• Yeah, I know what the song is about. I've been listening to Ben for 2 years before I realised that all of his songs are connected. I looked up his website and DAMN I got stuck there for a while. The songs are way more enjoyable when you actually find out their meaning.

Yeah, Ghost Towns and Welcome Home are awsome. Um, Black Eyes would totally fit ANF. In case you don't know, it's about a man called Will

• edited June 2017

Have Clem stay with Kate while Javi chooses to stay with Kate

Clementine rejected Ava's offer, injected AJ and spat in David's face) or just (If you accept Ava's offer, obey them with AJ and spit in David's face)

Or If Clementine accepted Ava's offer and injected AJ) or bold (If Clementine accepted Ava's offer, injected AJ and spat in David's face)

Mainly spitting on David helps trigger it

• I didn't see indirectly I just remember people said it was talked about during a podcast or interview or something. Which I thought was weird because they also said that Lingard used to have a family.

What? When?

• Eh, if you're choosing those dialogue options as Javi I think the game can assume you ship them. I personally said "don't worry about Gabe"

Anyone else feel like the "Gabe has a crush on you" dialogue option sounded forced, especially when Javi says "You both have my blessing"? You would think we can choose whether or not she has our blessing.

• I know, he's awsome. He's God.

Yeah, I know what the song is about. I've been listening to Ben for 2 years before I realised that all of his songs are connected. I looked

• ok thanks but what if i passed the part where she says goodbye to AJ

Sparkeagle posted: »

Have Clem stay with Kate while Javi chooses to stay with Kate Clementine rejected Ava's offer, injected AJ and spat in David's face) or j

• Replay the episode

ok thanks but what if i passed the part where she says goodbye to AJ

• edited June 2017

What does Clem say if I let the timer run out?

Eh, if you're choosing those dialogue options as Javi I think the game can assume you ship them. I personally said "don't worry about Gabe"

• I didn't have that dialog in my last game

• Exactly my thought. Wth?

I didn't see indirectly I just remember people said it was talked about during a podcast or interview or something. Which I thought was weird because they also said that Lingard used to have a family.

• For a second there, I thought you talking about when Kate brought it up.

• ok thanks

Replay the episode

• wait if i replay ep.3 will i have to replay ep.4 ???

Replay the episode

• Yep. Sorry bud.

wait if i replay ep.3 will i have to replay ep.4 ???

• During the most recent AMA (yesterday / today / the 13th), the topic of easter eggs was mentioned briefly... and since then I've been trying to find a thread dedicated to easter eggs from seasons one, two, and ANF; I can't seem to find a thread in the community (or anywhere, to be honest).

I know I've found some throughout my (too) many playthroughs, but knowing when all of them take place would be amazing!

• Sounds neat, though I think that has a place in the Details thread. Maybe a few third opinions are in order.

During the most recent AMA (yesterday / today / the 13th), the topic of easter eggs was mentioned briefly... and since then I've been trying

• oh ok thanks for the info

Yep. Sorry bud.

• Challenge: Does anyone know all of the dialogue colors for each characters?

• what season

Challenge: Does anyone know all of the dialogue colors for each characters?

• All of em.

what season

• edited June 2017

That's fine, sugah. Obscure as tartarus, but fine.

I suppose Kenny's would be a dog, while Jane's would be some form of large feline. That's going by their individual habits, mind you.
    Kate would probably be a type of bird.

What would each character's Dæmon be? (A Dæmon, for those who don't know, is the representation on one's soul in Lyra's World, in the boo

• edited June 2017

Much like my Luke: Civil War question, if From the Gallows had been more of an Iron Man vs. [Ms] Captain Marvel type of deal, who do you think would choose to be on his Team or Kenny's, even if they weren't around at the time? .

• Why was Howe's called Carver's camp?

• Just like the Motor Inn is called camp by Lee.

Why was Howe's called Carver's camp?

• Was it? Though I suppose it makes more sense considering they were constantly outside.

AronDracula posted: »

Just like the Motor Inn is called camp by Lee.

• I know I'm gonna regret asking this, but when Clementine brought up that she's been bleeding, she mentioned that the other women in her groups had it too: who was she referencing? :mask:

• Mom Christa?

I know I'm gonna regret asking this, but when Clementine brought up that she's been bleeding, she mentioned that the other women in her groups had it too: who was she referencing?

• Lilly, Christa, Carley. Maybe Jane.

I know I'm gonna regret asking this, but when Clementine brought up that she's been bleeding, she mentioned that the other women in her groups had it too: who was she referencing?

• edited June 2017

I'm not an expert, but I thought the point of a period was to shed unused baby batter absorption tissue? Wouldn't being pregnant keep that from happening?

Mom Christa?

• Yep, but you can't be pregnant for 16 months. Plus, sooner or later Christa should have told her "Hey, so for a week in every month an invisible devil will twist a knife in your uterus and you're gonna bleed until you want to die" or something.

I'm not an expert, but I thought the point of a period was to shed unused baby batter absorption tissue? Wouldn't being pregnant keep that from happening?

• K. :persevere:

Yep, but you can't be pregnant for 16 months. Plus, sooner or later Christa should have told her "Hey, so for a week in every month an invisible devil will twist a knife in your uterus and you're gonna bleed until you want to die" or something.

• Not determinant. Kenny truly believes he could have been a better friend to Lee.

• Lilly, Carley (determinant), and Katjaa were with her for more than 3 months at the motor inn.

Christa was with her alone for more than 16 months, it was definitely brought up then.

Jane didn't know Clem long enough to have that talk and even if you stayed with her she was pregnant and wouldn't have periods.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.