The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• edited December 2017

It was a video with white illustrates of Leland, Bonnie, and Dee interacting up until the point where Bonnie gets shot that was shared in the Details thread a while back.

Notably, it really fleshes things out from Leland's POV, where he's clearly developed feelings for Bonnie(who seems to damaged/conflicted to really acknowledge it) and it ends with him silently debating whether to go back to help her when she's shot but decides that Dee needs him, briefly clutching his first before following the latter in running away.
    EDIT:Here it is.

Fangirl101 posted: »

Ah, okay then. What video?

• Oh, that video! I remember it.

DabigRG posted: »

It was a video with white illustrates of Leland, Bonnie, and Dee interacting up until the point where Bonnie gets shot that was shared in th

• Why exactly did Joan take David away for questioning? What the heck were they talking about?

• I am wondering the same.

Why exactly did Joan take David away for questioning? What the heck were they talking about?

• edited December 2017

I remember someone complaining about the ending of Above the Law and while that was definitely evident that it was a combination of Lonnie/Joan having a good alibi/motive and David being in trouble due to the Badger, Javier, and determinately Max&Lonnie issues, it was simply a matter of perspective at that point until/unless you take Max's deal.

However, Thicker than Water just made things really contradictory with Joan simultaneously establishing that she was preparing for another long Winter(if you ask her at least) and accusing David as being a dangerous conspirator, with David seemingly doing little to deny any wrongdoing on his part for some odd reason.

Makes me wonder how innocent he was supposed to be throughout the various rewrites. His determinant outburst against Lonnie doesn't really help clear things either.

I am wondering the same.

• edited December 2017

Lol I was genuinely more invested in Bonnie and Leland's relationship than Javier and Kate's and the latter two had a whole season to develop it

Was Javier's model changed to resemble Jeff Schine, his current voice actor? It may have been. There's something I don't und

• edited December 2017

Usually Telltale never hype up the show, but why now? I also get why they checked off Jesus and the bat (I’m guessing because of Lucille) but why check off Clem? Will she make an appearance? I doubt it, but it’s just strange Telltale will do this. What do you think?

• That is very strange... I have no idea what Telltale is up to. But with Clem, until I see proof of her involvement, I highly doubt that She will have anything to do with the TV show in the future.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Usually Telltale never hype up the show, but why now? I also get why they checked off Jesus and the bat (I’m guessing because of Lucille) bu

• I was hoping for her to show up during the episode, but I wasn’t surprised she didn’t. I don’t think she ever will. It’s just weird Telltale will include her with a character and a reference to a bat associated with the show.

That is very strange... I have no idea what Telltale is up to. But with Clem, until I see proof of her involvement, I highly doubt that She will have anything to do with the TV show in the future.

• That would be friggin mind blowing if she just showed up out of nowhere.?

I was hoping for her to show up during the episode, but I wasn’t surprised she didn’t. I don’t think she ever will. It’s just weird Telltale will include her with a character and a reference to a bat associated with the show.

• I thought she was going to show up during the Oceanside scene or when Enid and Aaron were driving.

That would be friggin mind blowing if she just showed up out of nowhere.?

• The mystery about who actually ordered the raids was a good plot. Wish they kept it.
    All the complaints I heard were how it ended with a cliffhanger. :joy:

I don't remember Joan mentioning another winter(I probably missed it). I recall you talking about it though.

Agreed, I want to find out. I kinda suspected David myself when I saw the Kill Max ending.

I remember someone complaining about the ending of Above the Law and while that was definitely evident that it was a combination of Lonnie/J

• edited December 2017

Hmm. Maybe a good way for her to show up is after this war is over. There was one scene in the comics where one guy comes back from patrolling an uncharted area near Alexandria terrified and talking about walkers that were able to speak. Maybe that would be a good time for Clem to come in and explain more about the supposed walkers that could talk, knowing them from experience in her journeys. (Maybe alluding to Telltale's 4th season?)

I thought she was going to show up during the Oceanside scene or when Enid and Aaron were driving.

• edited December 2017

Ohh I like that idea.

Clem to come in and explain more about the supposed walkers that could talk, knowing them from experience in her journeys. (Maybe alluding to Telltale's 4th season?)

Back before The Final Season was officially announced, I wanted The Whisperers to show up next season. It would make sense if they did since Clem is most likely moving towards Alexandrina (where Whisperers territory is near) and the season is set before the Whisperer war.

Hmm. Maybe a good way for her to show up is after this war is over. There was one scene in the comics where one guy comes back from patrolli

• Will she make an appearance?

i hope not.

That is very strange... I have no idea what Telltale is up to. But with Clem, until I see proof of her involvement, I highly doubt that She will have anything to do with the TV show in the future.

• Alyssa_TTGAlyssa_TTG Former Telltale Staff

Belatedly responding to summons, yep I'm still around! Been heads down working on the new season. Thanks for asking :)

Let's just ask her then. Oh, @Alyssa_TTG!

• To be fair, "Former Addict may be starting an Affair with Married Older Man" has a little more weirdness and controversy built into it than "Former Baseball Star won affections of Unhappy Sister-in-law No. 2."

The mystery about who actually ordered the raids was a good plot. Wish they kept it.

I suppose.

All the complaints I heard were how it ended with a cliffhanger. :joy:

Lol

I don't remember Joan mentioning another winter(I probably missed it). I recall you talking about it though.

You have to ask her what the real danger is or something like that. I'll see if I can track down a video.

Agreed, I want to find out. I kinda suspected David myself when I saw the Kill Max ending.

Yeah, especially since that's the ending that got leaked before the episode came out.

Louche posted: »

Lol I was genuinely more invested in Bonnie and Leland's relationship than Javier and Kate's and the latter two had a whole season to develop it

• Your welcome and thank you for answering the call. :smiley:

Keep up the good work!

Alyssa_TTG posted: »

Belatedly responding to summons, yep I'm still around! Been heads down working on the new season. Thanks for asking

• Tag me when you respond to me, at least. :kissing_heart:

To be fair, "Former Addict may be starting an Affair with Married Older Man" has a little more weirdness and controversy built into it than

• Oh yeah, sorry bout that. :blush:

Tag me when you respond to me, at least.

• edited December 2017

Can we all agree now that Carl has been bitten that Shane was right

• edited December 2017

Can Larry ever say anything nice to Lee?

• Ah, I can't wait to see what this bullshit is about, I tell ya.

Clemenem posted: »

• "I don't think you can keep them safe" - Shane
    And Morgan too "Your boy is he dead ? He will be" -Morgan

Clemenem posted: »

• Can you people stop spoiling @DabigRG and use the spoiler tag? It's not hard. :unamused:

• Thanks for the vigil, boo. But I suppose that particular cat is out of the bag for a lot of people here if the whole thread about it is any indication.

Can you people stop spoiling @DabigRG and use the spoiler tag? It's not hard.

• I love playing dying light. I like throwing my weapon to see if I can stick it into the zombie’s head, and also making a grousome mess out of my kills ?

Zombies. I loved reading the comics because of how nasty they were and like to watch zombie horror flicks. And to this day, I still play Dea

• edited December 2017

Repeats

Does anyone else sometimes give the characters fancy [sub]titles and/or cute nicknames?

Considering how Suetiful Jane is when you really analyze her, why didn't they just name her something like Janya or Jasper or Jessie-Belle?

For those who know something about hair styling/physics: which characters could realistic change their hairstyle and how?

If there was a Sinister Six type thing spanning any character from the previous games, who would it consist of and who would be the leader(s)?

If each group member in any of the Seasons/installments had an archenemy/rival, what would that entail and be like? What would the conflict and dynamic between them be like? What traits and themes would they have that could contrast and/or compare to their nemesis? How would such an enmity be resolved, if ever?

• Here's a long reaching question: Does anybody really care one way or the other about Katjaa?

• edited December 2017

I do! I really like her.

Here's a long reaching question: Does anybody really care one way or the other about Katjaa?

• That's good.

I do! I really like her.

• Some questions about the soundtrack.

The rendition of the "clementine suite" that plays during this part is really haunting. But is it on the soundtrack? I've never seen this track isolated, given a name, and I've never heard the full thing. It seems like you can't hear the full thing, you can hear a bit more of it with the loading screen there (Which glitched out for some reason).
    Did this track ever play again? I think the end part did.

Likewise, with there's a strange thing here.

The boy in the attic is on the soundtrack, but there's another part that plays when the boy is actually killed that ends almost as soon as it starts because of a transition into the "burial music". Has anyone isolated that bit? I'm talking specifically 2:10 to 2:46
    JUST as it starts to get good, it seems to fade away. I don't think the "death music" and the "burial music" are the same thing. I think it's possible there's a longer track in the files.

• The rendition of the "clementine suite" that plays during this part is really haunting. But is it on the soundtrack?

Nope. There's quite a few songs that aren't in the official soundtrack. The official soundtrack just takes about 3 songs then mixes them all into one (it's pretty obvious when a song starts and ends) but some are left out.

I've never seen this track isolated, given a name, and I've never heard the full thing. It seems like you can't hear the full thing, you can hear a bit more of it with the loading screen there (Which glitched out for some reason). Did this track ever play again? I think the end part did.

It's titled 'mus_cs_env_marshhouseexterior_cs_clementineparents_1' and it only plays during that specific cutscene. The video you showed pretty much plays the entire song, it's 44 seconds long but the video cuts out a couple of seconds before it finishes. If you'd like, I can send it to you over PM.

Has anyone isolated that bit? I'm talking specifically 2:10 to 2:46 JUST as it starts to get good, it seems to fade away. I don't think the "death music" and the "burial music" are the same thing. I think it's possible there's a longer track in the files.

You're right, they're different tracks. Like last song though, it's pretty much close to finishing but unlike the other one, this song is supposed to loop so it doesn't have a definitive end, which is why it fades out to switch to the burial music. The song you're looking for is 'mus_loop_Eerie_03b'. It's a minute long. Let me know if you want it.

Louche posted: »

Some questions about the soundtrack. The rendition of the "clementine suite" that plays during this part is really haunting. But is i

• Super important question: Is Samuel's model from Season 1 still available?

• edited December 2017

Nope. There's quite a few songs that aren't in the official soundtrack.

Do you have a list of others? Just out of curiousity. I play through the whole season, I can't remember every bit of minor music that plays once and never again.

The official soundtrack just takes about 3 songs then mixes them all into one (it's pretty obvious when a song starts and ends) but some are left out.

True for the most part, but the "alive inside" theme does merge oddly well into the "answering message" theme. Just a coincidence or were they at one point part of a whole track?

It's titled 'mus_cs_env_marshhouseexterior_cs_clementineparents_1' and it only plays during that specific cutscene. The video you showed pretty much plays the entire song, it's 44 seconds long but the video cuts out a couple of seconds before it finishes. If you'd like, I can send it to you over PM.

That's neat. Do the names in the files usually carry over to the soundtrack listings? Also, I know the ending of that track plays at a few other periods, so short you'd call it more like a stinger than music track.
    If you could PM it to me, I'd appreciate it. That'd be cool.

You're right, they're different tracks. Like last song though, it's pretty much close to finishing but unlike the other one, this song is supposed to loop so it doesn't have a definitive end, which is why it fades out to switch to the burial music. The song you're looking for is 'mus_loop_Eerie_03b'. It's a minute long. Let me know if you want it.

I knew it.
    "mus_loop_eerie" Doesn't really sound like a fitting name for it? It sounds more sad than eerie. Also if it was meant to loop, that means it was originally meant to play throughout a certain scene for an extended period of time? Very curious. Maybe it was meant to loop throughout the entire burial scene?
    Anyway, I'd love to see that isolated version as well.

Graysonn posted: »

The rendition of the "clementine suite" that plays during this part is really haunting. But is it on the soundtrack? Nope. There's q

• Here's an old characterization question: When is it nice for a character to be subtle and when is it tolerable for the character to be more in your face? Multiple character types are encouraged.

• Repeats

@Fangirl101 Which character has the closest personality to yours?

Might be a repeat, but I don't care: Did anyone else think the whole period thing was partially a red herring for when Clementine and Javier walk out of Lingard's office on the first viewing?

Does that black guy in Michonne's final flashback have a face in the game's files?

How old do/did you think the cast of ANF are/were?

@Fangirl101 Why do people hate Ties That Bind (both parts) exactly? Except for the lack of hub areas with optional conversations...

• Kinda old news by now, but does anyone recall seeing A New Frontier before it had a release date and thought it was a product of Telltale's agenda regarding the success of The Last of Us?

• Do Carlos and Pete share the same face model?

• According to the Walking Dead Wiki, the meeting between Anna Coread and Dr. Logan was originally supposed to conclude with Logan helping her escape Crawford so she can have her baby and getting killed in the process.
    Is this really a thing?
    Is there any hints/traces of it leftover in the game's files?
    Do you think this concept may have been on Sean Vanaman and/or Nick Breckon's mind(s) when they were making Season 2?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.