The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• If I replay a checkpoint in a previous season, will it overwrite my progress from the most recent seasons? I really wanna go back to some season 1 scenes but I don’t want to restart all 3 of them all over again cos I have screwed up my progress

• Yes.(..?)
    From what I remember, rewinding to a certain chapter erased everything afterwards, so my advice is to copy your save file so you still technically have it.

Melton23 posted: »

If I replay a checkpoint in a previous season, will it overwrite my progress from the most recent seasons? I really wanna go back to some season 1 scenes but I don’t want to restart all 3 of them all over again cos I have screwed up my progress

• edited December 2017

Oh, shit, too late then...
    Here’s hoping it only erased the progress from that season but the previous saved data is secured in my season 2 and 3 saves
    Edit:my progress seems ok so far... when I click rewind on season 2 it comes up with all of the chapters, whereas they would normally be erased if you rewind, so I think rewinding a past season doesn’t change anything. Still need some clarification though jic

DabigRG posted: »

Yes.(..?) From what I remember, rewinding to a certain chapter erased everything afterwards, so my advice is to copy your save file so you still technically have it.

• Oh, shit, too late then...
    Here’s hoping it only erased the progress from that season but the previous saved data is secured in my season 2 and 3 saves

Erhrerhrerhre.... :grimace:

my progress seems ok so far... when I click rewind on season 2 it comes up with all of the chapters, whereas they would normally be erased if you rewind, so I think rewinding a past season doesn’t change anything. Still need some clarification though jic

Okay, that's a relief.

Oh, shit, too late then... Here’s hoping it only erased the progress from that season but the previous saved data is secured in my season 2

• Hi Alyssa Sorry to bother you. I'm sure that you are preparing an amazing Final Season for all of us :) Just curious and forgive me for asking but can we expect any teaser trailer/Images/information in the foreseeable future? And Happy New Year to you and everyone at Telltale!

Alyssa_TTG posted: »

Belatedly responding to summons, yep I'm still around! Been heads down working on the new season. Thanks for asking

• Y has everyone got white teeth tho?

• edited December 2017

We hope choices from Seasons 1, 2, 400 Days, Michonne and The New Frontier, make a heavy impact in The Finale Season, Telltale need to go all out if they want it to be MEMORABLE. Ps, please make this Season SAD and have LONGER EPISODES. Good luck @Alyssa_TTG ;)

Belatedly responding to summons, yep I'm still around! Been heads down working on the new season. Thanks for asking

• Kinda doubt michonne will have an impact considering it is disconnected lol :p but if this season can make me cry like season 1 and 2 did then I’ll be super happy. And sad.

We hope choices from Seasons 1, 2, 400 Days, Michonne and The New Frontier, make a heavy impact in The Finale Season, Telltale need to go al

• Pointless question, but does anyone else find yourself namedropping Joan/Jane when you're actually talking about the other?

• Alyssa_TTGAlyssa_TTG Former Telltale Staff
    edited January 2018

@dylanwoods777 Happy new year back atcha! I don't have any intel for you on when we'll release images, but I'm looking forward to that day too!

@thewalkingclementine & @Melton23 : All out & sad, gotcha. Working on it. :)

Hi Alyssa Sorry to bother you. I'm sure that you are preparing an amazing Final Season for all of us Just curious and forgive me for asking

• edited January 2018

As long as the whole season doesn’t depress me then cool ?
    Also, while we’re on a questions thread, do you think the final season can have mini games? Something about clem playing some phantom punch at the ranch sounds kinda cool :p just something to liven up the hubs, y’know?

Keep up the good work!

@dylanwoods777 Happy new year back atcha! I don't have any intel for you on when we'll release images, but I'm looking forward to that day too! @thewalkingclementine & @Melton23 : All out & sad, gotcha. Working on it.

• edited January 2018

What do you guys think? (This was in the latest issue 175 in TWD comic).

• :o Our first look into TFS. Kirkman has been getting alot more involved with the Telltale series recently and I hope this continues.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

What do you guys think? (This was in the latest issue 175 in TWD comic).

• I hope so too. I hope this means The Final Season will have more tie ins with the comic or maybe set up something later on in the comic series.

Our first look into TFS. Kirkman has been getting alot more involved with the Telltale series recently and I hope this continues.

• Correct me if I am wrong but I heard Kirkman played a major role in helping create the Walking Dead Season One that we all know and love. I also heard that he did not have much interaction for A New Frontier bench the poor reception from critics and fans alike (I enjoyed A New Frontier) But to me this means that even if it is just to hype up the game then he is aware of the current plan for the Final Season and that he may help shape how the Final Season turns out. I already had great confidence that the Final Season was going to be great and this just makes me even more confident :) Looking forward to seeing the Final Product Telltale ❤️?

• Thank you @Alyssa_TTG for the New Year wishes and for the reply. It makes me happy knowing that I am communicating to a member of the Walking Dead Dev team! And that is no problem! Yes please make this Final Season heartbreaking and gut wrenching (But please don't kill Clementine) Much love to you and Telltale! ❤️

@dylanwoods777 Happy new year back atcha! I don't have any intel for you on when we'll release images, but I'm looking forward to that day too! @thewalkingclementine & @Melton23 : All out & sad, gotcha. Working on it.

• fun?
    games?

not depressing?

I don't think you belong in the walking dead forums.

As long as the whole season doesn’t depress me then cool ? Also, while we’re on a questions thread, do you think the final season can have

• sooo... ya gonna send me those?

Graysonn posted: »

The rendition of the "clementine suite" that plays during this part is really haunting. But is it on the soundtrack? Nope. There's q

• Robert Kirkman teases in Issue 175’s Letter Hacks that Season 4 might feature a character with an animal companion. Is this true? @Alyssa_TTG

• edited January 2018

Uh, short of maybe #knowingsmile, you do realize that she almost certainly wouldn't be able to say anything on that notion?

Robert Kirkman teases in Issue 175’s Letter Hacks that Season 4 might feature a character with an animal companion. Is this true? @Alyssa_TTG

• edited January 2018

Linear hubs where you go to one place, click a button and move on to the next scene?
    Nothing to apmake those hubs more lively and fun?
    Things never going the way we want them to with all of our favourite
    characters dying no matter what?
    I don’t think Telltale should waste the opportunity to avoid making hubs boring. Cos let’s face it, the only interesting part about hubs is finding out backstories, so why not add some things to do to make hubs less boring. I guess judging by your response, you want to have linear and empty hubs? As well as having all of the characters die this season, even if you do save them at some point?

All I’m asking is that the whole game not be sad, like season 1 and 2 had it’s happy and goofy moments, while a new frontier was just all out goofy, we need the mix to come back, and not fall heavier on one aspect than the other.

Louche posted: »

fun? games? not depressing? I don't think you belong in the walking dead forums.

• When Clementine and Luke are approaching the bridge and have to take out the two walkers, is it possible for Luke to cut down his walker first?

• When you first sneak into the cabin you are able to take a watch. Seeing as I never took it and suspected they’d trust me less, where the any consequences to taking it?

• There’s a positive benefit, as you can give it to Nick after you cross the bridge, earning his gratitude

When you first sneak into the cabin you are able to take a watch. Seeing as I never took it and suspected they’d trust me less, where the any consequences to taking it?

• Actually, there is a benefit to taking it in the next episode, during the bridge hub.

When you first sneak into the cabin you are able to take a watch. Seeing as I never took it and suspected they’d trust me less, where the any consequences to taking it?

• Thanks @DabigRG, @Melton23. Does he not question how you got it?

• No. You could say he was just so touched to have it that he didn't bother.
    Either way, Nick isn't really the most intelligent character out there.

Thanks @DabigRG, @Melton23. Does he not question how you got it?

• Nope. He just thanks you.

Thanks @DabigRG, @Melton23. Does he not question how you got it?

• Who is the most likely season one character to return that they're hinting at? I'm on the fence about all of them for logical reasons but I was wondering who you thought.

• edited January 2018

While it's probably obsolete news at this point, it's worth noting that Mara Junot teased something on Twitter back before A New Frontier came out.

Though personally, I'm kinda holding out for Nicki Rapp.

TJ3046 posted: »

Who is the most likely season one character to return that they're hinting at? I'm on the fence about all of them for logical reasons but I was wondering who you thought.

• edited January 2018

Which Walking Dead Episode is your guilty pleasure? (Meaning what episode do you like but you know it’s crap)

• I suppose some might say Thicker than Water, that would probably be mine.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Which Walking Dead Episode is your guilty pleasure? (Meaning what episode do you like but you know it’s crap)

• For me, it’s Amid the Ruins. Something about that episode gets my attention every time I play it.

I suppose some might say Thicker than Water, that would probably be mine.

• Isn't there a way to edit/change your email address?

• 400 days had a good mix of humor and dark moments.
    But for a finale, I would prefer all-out dark. Too many finales seem to be goofy as hell for some reason.

Linear hubs where you go to one place, click a button and move on to the next scene? Nothing to apmake those hubs more lively and fun? Thi

• As long as it isn’t constantly recurrent like the entire thing is too dark cos that would be too predictable. At least about 10 minutes of each episode should be dark. At least. At most half of the episode, all of episode 5 if done right.

Louche posted: »

400 days had a good mix of humor and dark moments. But for a finale, I would prefer all-out dark. Too many finales seem to be goofy as hell for some reason.

• In s2e5, Kenny asks Clem what Lee would say. Clem has 3 dialogue options, and then she adds in whatever advice Lee gave her as he was dying.

I was wondering if anyone has researched all of Kenny's reactions to what Clem can say? What choices make him happy and which don't? Also, does Clem's second advice change his reaction at all?

My Clem said "He would tell us not to trust anyone, and to stay away from cities" and Kenny kind of makes a face at her.

• In the settings, however for gravatar you’ll need to link whatever email you set your telltale account up and your current email on the same gravatar.

Isn't there a way to edit/change your email address?

• Why did Jane's attitude towards Arvo go from "If I see you again you'll regret it" to "He's a defenseless kid wtf Kenny", especially considering that he DID show up again to rob and potentially kill the group?

• Yeah I think it's really down to Christa or Lilly and I don't know how I feel about either lol. A lot of people really didn't like Lilly but then some did so that could be another Kenny situation like in season 2. Christa didn't seem to like Clementine because of Omid's death so if they reunited you'd think she still would hold animosity for Clementine. I don't even know if either of those characters returning would be a good thing. Christa would almost have to be an antagonist. Lilly too even to an extent.

While it's probably obsolete news at this point, it's worth noting that Mara Junot teased something on Twitter back before A New Frontier came out. Though personally, I'm kinda holding out for Nicki Rapp.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.