The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• I’m not sure actually. I believe it’s something like “Okay” or “yeah you do that”. I don’t think it’s anything harsh anyway.

I got the same ending and I agree with you. It finished David and Gabe's arc rather nicely, although I romanced Kate and her disappearance still puzzles me. What does she say when Javi chooses to go after Gabe if you didn't romance her?

• they always have the cheesiest jokes. like omids "you ruined that dude's face" after lee and kenny have a tense argument

DabigRG posted: »

Two out of six seems a bit meager for "Too many."

• edited January 2018

missed oppurtunity to have nick wear pete's watch for the rest of his screentime. such a simple thing, too, but telltale dropped the ball. again.

the only thing the watch is good for is making nick seem less bipolar and clearing up a semi-plot-hole, because he cheers up after you give it to him instead of cheering up for literally no reason.

Actually, there is a benefit to taking it in the next episode, during the bridge hub.

• How did Kenny survive Season 1? That’s the part I’m having trouble understanding.

• He would have pushed through the walkers, there’s literally no other way to get out of there, so It’s kinda obvious when you think about it

Escope12 posted: »

How did Kenny survive Season 1? That’s the part I’m having trouble understanding.

• Potentially triggering question here, but one that's definitely worth thinking about: Is it possible for Clementine to express some form of disdain or lingering resentment towards Lee if he was negatively influential, cold, or even downright cruel towards her?

• She can burn his picture in s2e1

Potentially triggering question here, but one that's definitely worth thinking about: Is it possible for Clementine to express some form of

• In s3e4, Javier can determinately tell Gabe that you can trust people based on their actions. "People can try to fool you with their words, but someone worthy of your trust does good things".

Following this logic, which characters are most deserving of Javier's trust in s3? What about characters from the previous two seasons?

• Can she really, though? I thought she gets interrupted by Victor talking to Christa?

Granted, it still technically counts. The fact that she'd be ready to do it is enough.

She can burn his picture in s2e1

• Why don't we get more serious questions/threads like this a little more often than we do? That's not to say any of the other clarifying, statistical, or humorous questions are inherently/completely innocuous/pointless, it's just we don't really discuss serious issues within character's morality and values much at all.

But for real though, this is a really interesting question that makes me have to not only think, but contemplate. I'll get back to you in a bit with something resembling an answer(s).

In s3e4, Javier can determinately tell Gabe that you can trust people based on their actions. "People can try to fool you with their words,

• edited January 2018

I would say:

S1: Charles, Mark, Doug, Shawn, Hershel, Lee (determinately), Duck, Christa, Omid,
    Clem (Keeping secret about the working walkie, ran off without telling anyone), Carley (reluctant to help Irene in Ep1)

S2: Sarita, Matthew, Alvin, Edith, Clem (determinately...),
    Luke (despite his arguments, he left Clem in the shed), Pete (Left clem in the shed), Carlos (didn't give his daughter the survival skills she needed to survive on her own).

S3: Marianna, Jesus, Ava, Francine?
    Tripp (Could've helped more people escape Prescott during the attack, but doesn't), Clint (knew something was wrong, but hesitated to intervene)

Edit: Thinking back, Luke, Pete, and Trip would be off the list.

In s3e4, Javier can determinately tell Gabe that you can trust people based on their actions. "People can try to fool you with their words,

• Not sure I agree with you about Luke. Imho Luke was a guy who said all the right things but his actions didn't reflect that. He drops Clementine, goes along with locking her in the shed, nearly gets both of them killed on the bridge, wants to hide the truth about Matthew from Walter, runs away when Carver shows up, gets caught stealing food at Howe's and ruins the plan, wants to leave the wounded behind when they escape, bangs Jane when he is on walker duty, and acts loud and aggressive when she leaves and upsets the newborn. The best things he ever does are in episode 5, where he can determinately save AJ during the gunfight and determinately save Clementine from the walker in the lake.

I would say: S1: Charles, Mark, Doug, Shawn, Hershel, Lee (determinately), Duck, Christa, Omid, Clem (Keeping secret about the working

• edited January 2018

"People can try to fool you with their words, but someone worthy of your trust does good things".

So, going off what I've thought about:

Season 1: Lee(ideally), Shawn, Glenn, Lilly, Doug, Mark, Chuck, Christa
    Season 2(plus Campfire Group): Clementine(normally), Vince(for the most part), Russell, Bonnie(usually...), Shel, Luke(usually), Pete, Alvin, Sarah, Matthew, Walter, Sarita, Mike, Reggie, Edith
    A New Frontier: Kate, Gabe(usually), Mariana(theoretically), Tripp(theoretically?), Eleanor, Paul(I guess, at least in this game from what I've heard), Ava, Clint(theoretically),

There are a few others I considered listing as well, but didn't due to either the scope provided or specific technicalities.

A point I'd like to make: It's a relatively interesting quote, I do feel, but I think part of the problem is that really just separates those who sound decent to have backing you from those that simply do things. It comes off as [unintentionally] a bit too bi-dimensional and/or even simple to very accurately gauge by. After all, I think people like David from similar game The Last of Us shows that every helping hand isn't necessarily a safe or even clean one to touch, while people like Jane or Vernon demonstrate that people will always prioritizes themselves and/or theirs when it really comes down to it, especially in times of serious duress or famine. And what seems "good" in the moment can/will be rendered/deemed wrong later. It also sounds a little too close to Kenny's "what's he/she done for me lately" mindset during most of Season 1, so there's that trap too.

Granted, each person is free to interpret that as one way, another, or some mix as they please, but that's just how I look at it.

• For the most part I agree with your choices.

Going to strongly disagree about Bonnie; she is a person who says the right things but her actions prove otherwise. Even if we disregard her determinant affair and accidental murder in 400 Days, she bold faced lies to the group and leads Carver to them, despite Walter showing tremendous humanity and giving her a crate of food. And if she alive later, she readily steals from the group and abandons the baby she swore to Rebecca that she would protect. Bonnie was not worthy of trust.

I also disagree about Lilly but not as strongly as Bonnie, since Lilly did what she thought was best for her group. However that included being willing to throw a kid out to the walkers, not to mention murdering a group member (and the wrong one at that) over mere suspicions.

Tripp was probably the most trustworthy guy Javi could ask for based off of this train of thought. He readily helps protect Javi's family at every opportunity, even if Javi killed his friend and threw him under the bus with Joan. He said some stuff that could make you think otherwise but ultimately he always put it all on the line for other people. RIP

"People can try to fool you with their words, but someone worthy of your trust does good things". So, going off what I've thought ab

• Lilly actually tries to talk Larry out of it. "Dad, it's just a boy. I-it's...". Unless you mean her advocating for keeping the pharmacy doors closed and not letting people in.

For the most part I agree with your choices. Going to strongly disagree about Bonnie; she is a person who says the right things but her a

• Why does editting a reply usually get rid of the source quote?

• I’ve noticed that too. It disappears but comes back when I refresh the page

Why does editting a reply usually get rid of the source quote?

• edited January 2018

Yah, I thought about those things right after making the post. That's why I took him off, along with Pete and Tripp for similar reasons.

Not sure I agree with you about Luke. Imho Luke was a guy who said all the right things but his actions didn't reflect that. He drops Clem

• Given his reaction to Max bringing up Clementine during Javier's interview, was Clint supposed to have been removed from Above the Law's flashback?

• Clint wasn't in the flashback though?

Given his reaction to Max bringing up Clementine during Javier's interview, was Clint supposed to have been removed from Above the Law's flashback?

• Was Rufus aware of the raiding that was going on behind David's back?

• edited January 2018

You should refresh the page and it will be there again.

• Yes he is--I'm pretty sure he's visible sitting around the campfire.
    There's also some muffled/unused lines of dialogue in which he, David, and at one point Badger(who I don't remember seeing, come to think of it) joking among each other.

Clint wasn't in the flashback though?

• I kinda doubt it. From what I can tell, he actually worked under Clint and it's inferred that Max had to call him to the junkyard to pick up Javier since he wasn't there with them.
    In fact, I doubt even Fern knew anything about it despite what TVTropes and a few people here see to believe.

It never really comes up either way, though.

Was Rufus aware of the raiding that was going on behind David's back?

• I think you're correct about every thing except for him working under Clint, because David says that Fern (and Rufus, I believe) are his people.

I kinda doubt it. From what I can tell, he actually worked under Clint and it's inferred that Max had to call him to the junkyard to pick up

• edited January 2018

@VengefulKenny I think you're correct about every thing except for him working under Clint, because David says that Fern (and Rufus, I believe) are his people.

Okay, so I just checked a video(CJake3), and he only specifies Ferns when talking to Eleanor.

• edited January 2018

Edit: Ha. Sorry. I missed this page and has made my own reply null and void.

• I guess i just assumed they answered to the same person since they're a couple

@VengefulKenny I think you're correct about every thing except for him working under Clint, because David says that Fern (and Rufus, I beli

• This is more of a hypothetical for some of you head canon masters:

What are your thoughts on Vince, Shel, and Becca as a small group? What sort of conflicts/dynamics do you see arising if they were the ones who stayed behind at the campsite?

I'm considering writing a fanfic and would love to hear some thoughts on them.

• That would indeed have been a neat little detail where David is concerned, but I honestly don't mind.
    Probably would've been the case if they had her be Max's wife instead.

I guess i just assumed they answered to the same person since they're a couple

• What happens to Jane if you abandon her at the rest stop in Season 2?

• That's what i'd like to know as well maybe Telltale could do something better with Jane in the Final Season ? Considering How bad her death was handle in Season 3.

What happens to Jane if you abandon her at the rest stop in Season 2?

• edited January 2018

Repeats

Inevitable limpet glebe here: How would you rank the endings of ANF?

Can someone make a list of the ANF characters text colors, please? That'd be real helpful.

So a thought that just came back to mind: Any real reason why Tripp suddenly gave a shit about Gabe getting in on the action other than "because drama?"
    Like, I'm seriously curious for an explanation. :unamused:

What would each character be like in an Evil/Anti world?

Spoilers for my rewrites(assuming I already haven't posted this elsewhere):

Should Max be Rufus's brother or Fern's?

• edited January 2018

Killed herself probably. She gets pregnant either way, and will find out either way so she is most likely hanging in Carver’s office

• edited January 2018

Quick question because I know it'll probably come up: Does Gabe always apologize to Javier during the walk on the bridge, regardless of your relationship and choices?

• Has the Cabin Group been added to Road to Survival yet?

• Suicide it's a suicide

• Following up on this, how do you find the settings here to change the email address?

In the settings, however for gravatar you’ll need to link whatever email you set your telltale account up and your current email on the same gravatar.

• The icon next to the shopping cart will take you to a page. Settings should be the second option on that page. It’ll tell you your current email and allow you to update it from there.

Following up on this, how do you find the settings here to change the email address?

• Finally figured out what the problem was--a big first letter instead of the default little one.

Thank you very much!

The icon next to the shopping cart will take you to a page. Settings should be the second option on that page. It’ll tell you your current email and allow you to update it from there.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.