The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Glad you finally figured it out! I love the picture, by the way.

DabigRG posted: »

Finally figured out what the problem was--a big first letter instead of the default little one. Thank you very much!

• Thanks!

I liked it too, hence why it's one of my gravatars.

Glad you finally figured it out! I love the picture, by the way.

• How do you think Danny died if Vince chose to keep him alive on the prison bus?

• @DabigRG I'm sorry but what does #knowingsmile mean?

Alyssa_TTG posted: »

@thewalkingclementine I'm gonna take @DabigRG 's cue here. knowingsmile

• edited January 2018

Interesting to note that, looking up a video for the exact wording, Russell does indeed say he got killed as opposed to simply dying. And given that Vince prefaced Danny as having taught him about sticking together and protecting each other with "if I learned one thing," it's possible they split up for a bit after a disagreement and Danny got killed since he was alone at the time.

Huh.

How do you think Danny died if Vince chose to keep him alive on the prison bus?

• It's what Ian Flynn uses to hint at upcoming major releases and certain positive behind the scenes developments without actually giving anything away.

@DabigRG I'm sorry but what does #knowingsmile mean?

• I like your reasoning here, it sounds very plausible. Thanks for the well thought out answer.

Interesting to note that, looking up a video for the exact wording, Russell does indeed say he got killed as opposed to simply dying. And gi

• Why did Russel say that Danny was an asshole if you kept him instead of Justin?

Do you think he was referring to his pre-apocalypse conviction, or did Danny do something bad later on? What do you think Danny could have done?

• Well, considering Danny's conviction, I'd have to say it was probably something in relation to sexual assault, possibly rape, since if my memory serves correct, Russel said that in response to Shel and Becca, and said that they were lucky to have not met him.

Why did Russel say that Danny was an asshole if you kept him instead of Justin? Do you think he was referring to his pre-apocalypse conviction, or did Danny do something bad later on? What do you think Danny could have done?

• Well, considering Danny does have a vaguely similar personality to Nate and by extension Steve, I think the answer to that is pretty self-explanatory. The statutory rape charge certainly didn't help.

With that said, watching that scene again yesterday kinda gave me the impression that there were probably legit issues in how the three got along.

Why did Russel say that Danny was an asshole if you kept him instead of Justin? Do you think he was referring to his pre-apocalypse conviction, or did Danny do something bad later on? What do you think Danny could have done?

• Comic and TV Show fans, clue me in a little bit: Given my first composite character post regarding his role, does Glenn's experience with Irene have any form of relevance or significance to his character?

• Oh nice thank you. I am sorry for my stupidity.

It's what Ian Flynn uses to hint at upcoming major releases and certain positive behind the scenes developments without actually giving anything away.

• Stupidity and simply not getting the joke aren't exclusive to each other.

Don't worry about it.

Oh nice thank you. I am sorry for my stupidity.

• If there was a Sonic Forces-type setup, what TWDG Villains would come together in place of the Eggy Six?

• If Sarah had her own hat much like Clementine, what would it be? Or, alternately/even better, what other accessory could she have?

• Digging through the Details thread with one Meme in mind, does Road to Survival allow characters to change/swap weapons?

• Fedora. In all seriousness a propeller hat

If Sarah had her own hat much like Clementine, what would it be? Or, alternately/even better, what other accessory could she have?

• edited January 2018

Fedora.

Hmm...interesting choice.
    Actually, it reminds me of a picture I need to draw.

In all seriousness a propeller hat

enter image description here
    Now that's what I call a Dream Team!

Melton23 posted: »

Fedora. In all seriousness a propeller hat

• Maybe a necklace, bracelet or earrings.

If Sarah had her own hat much like Clementine, what would it be? Or, alternately/even better, what other accessory could she have?

• Nick's hat, tbh.

• I was kinda waiting on this to pop up at some point after posting.
    enter image description here

Though part of me prefers if she got her own, more unique hat.

(It took me forever to find this thing)

• A bit late for this and potentially buzzy, but I suppose it's worth considering: Would/Do you say/think David was [another] Creator's Pet?

• I just imagine in an AU, where Nick sacrificed himself to save Sarah, and she had to put him down, after reanimating. Deciding afterwards to wear his hat, as a memento.

I was kinda waiting on this to pop up at some point after posting. Though part of me prefers if she got her own, more unique hat. (It took me forever to find this thing)

• He was supposedly not originally a part of the game, along with Kate, so I'd have to say yes. They were probably created to give more focus towards Javier, rather than Clementine.

A bit late for this and potentially buzzy, but I suppose it's worth considering: Would/Do you say/think David was [another] Creator's Pet?

• No but I do feel like he was given Kenny's scrapped villain arc from back when he was supposed to be Carver.

If anything, Javier was the creator's pet.

A bit late for this and potentially buzzy, but I suppose it's worth considering: Would/Do you say/think David was [another] Creator's Pet?

• That reminds me, I need to finish reading the Table's Turned fanfic novel.

I was kinda waiting on this to pop up at some point after posting. Though part of me prefers if she got her own, more unique hat. (It took me forever to find this thing)

• edited January 2018

Damn, that'd be a messed distinction: Clementine can either shoot her first walker long before having to shoot Lee in the end or at least has to bat one down minutes beforehand; Sarah would have her likely first walker be her former groupmate/friend.

@SargeantMario101 He was supposedly not originally a part of the game, along with Kate, so I'd have to say yes. They were probably created to give more focus towards Javier, rather than Clementine.

Actually, David was in the earliest premise(that we know of) where he would've been captured alongside Gabe and Marianna. Kate was either created later or simply wasn't a member of the family originally. Probably the former, given her inception as Grace Garcia.

@VengefulKenny No but I do feel like he was given Kenny's scrapped villain arc from back when he was supposed to be Carver.

I did as well. It was only the logical assumption given he's another Kenny-clone.
    But, as it turns out, that was probably never actually gonna the case according to the AMA.

If anything, Javier was the creator's pet.

Okay, I guess I have to ask--how so?

@Zombiekiller3121 That reminds me, I need to finish reading the Table's Turned fanfic novel.

Oh really? What's the basic premise?

I just imagine in an AU, where Nick sacrificed himself to save Sarah, and she had to put him down, after reanimating. Deciding afterwards to wear his hat, as a memento.

• Oh really? What's the basic premise?

It's a novel about if Clementine was bit instead of Lee. It's much more sad and gritty, that's for sure. Many of season 2's characters make it into the story, along with other characters. Kenny doesn't show up in this novel, though.

If you haven't read it, here it is.

Damn, that'd be a messed distinction: Clementine can either shoot her first walker long before having to shoot Lee in the end or at least ha

• Oh yeah, is that the one where he eventually becomes fixated on Sarah? Cause I think I skimmed bits of it a while back.

Oh really? What's the basic premise? It's a novel about if Clementine was bit instead of Lee. It's much more sad and gritty, that's

• That's just how I imagine it would play out, had they not given up on Season 2 by that point.

The thing with David not being in the original story, I got from this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheWalkingDeadGame/comments/693d15/i_wonder_whats_on_javis_neck/dh47vg6/

Funny how he mentions the game was set in Texas. Long shot, but perhaps we would've run into Mike & Arvo? The former did say he wanted to go there.

Damn, that'd be a messed distinction: Clementine can either shoot her first walker long before having to shoot Lee in the end or at least ha

• How prevalent do you think cannibalism would actually be in TWD universe? We have only seen the St. Johns in the game and the Hunters in the comics, but I feel like it would be rather frequent especially in rural areas.

• Yep. She's pretty much his main drive to keep going. Carlos is taken out of the picture pretty early, and it takes you a while to figure out what happened. I think you would like it. Sarah turns out a lot differently than she did in s2. She's a more capable survivor.

Oh yeah, is that the one where he eventually becomes fixated on Sarah? Cause I think I skimmed bits of it a while back.

• edited January 2018

I think you'd be looking at a bell curve result.

As food becomes scarce, cannibalism would increase. That would continue until that food source becomes more scarce. Once people are harder to find and hunt than raising animals or growing crops, it will decrease. People are omnivores and can survive without meat, luckily. I see an inevitable future where all people would be vegetarians.

Even at it's peak, I don't think it would be "frequent" as people have to realise that it's not a sustainable food source. I'm sure there will be a fair amount of groups whom will partake though.

How prevalent do you think cannibalism would actually be in TWD universe? We have only seen the St. Johns in the game and the Hunters in the comics, but I feel like it would be rather frequent especially in rural areas.

• Interesting. I definitely remember Texas being a thing originally and @BetterToSleep and/or @RavenSnowstorm couldn't get enough theorizing about Capricorn Farms.
    That Javier miniseries thing is probably the biggest and most glaring revelation, though. Though Clementine being a mentor to him is something I'm not very sure on.
    This is worth sharing in the Details thread, I think.

That's just how I imagine it would play out, had they not given up on Season 2 by that point. The thing with David not being in the origi

• The mentor thing you can kind of see in the first trailer for the game, that was released a month before ANF was supposedly changed to what it is now.

Interesting. I definitely remember Texas being a thing originally and @BetterToSleep and/or @RavenSnowstorm couldn't get enough theorizing a

• Not really sure how you get mentor out of that. A number of people assumed Javier handing Clementine ammo(which is what I assume you're referring to) was an indication that their alliance was a somewhat uneasy one of convenience, which later screenshots and earlier parts of the released game seemed to support.

The mentor thing you can kind of see in the first trailer for the game, that was released a month before ANF was supposedly changed to what it is now.

• The thing about Clem being a mentor, as that guy mentioned, I felt was solidified after watching her shoot the walker, and Javier handing her the ammo.

Not really sure how you get mentor out of that. A number of people assumed Javier handing Clementine ammo(which is what I assume you're refe

• ...Interesting perception.

The thing about Clem being a mentor, as that guy mentioned, I felt was solidified after watching her shoot the walker, and Javier handing her the ammo.

• You kinda have to try and make sense out of all that remains.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.