The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Maybe it was supposed to mislead us into thinking Max meant she was "on the warpath" as in demanding answers from them in what they did to Prescott?
    I dunno, man,

DabigRG posted: »

Repeats(With numbering this time! Because holy shit!) 1.Any ideas/speculations as to why Roxanne has a name unlike all of the other N

• If they give half of a shit about what some of we people think, they might.

Edith was pretty wasteful, though.

I really wonder if Telltale regret killing Jane/ Edith/ Kenny and writing the family off in Jane’s flashback?

• Now that you mention it, I do remember looking up the phrase when it came up in a different context and you're right.
    Guess I can be a little to literal-minded sometimes. :p

Louche posted: »

Maybe it was supposed to mislead us into thinking Max meant she was "on the warpath" as in demanding answers from them in what they did to Prescott? I dunno, man,

• Where exactly do you think Ava fell during the period where David was removed from the Council?

• So, interesting note: In Ties that Bind Part 1, Max is noticeably more aggressive and antagonistic than he is in the rest of the installment--almost certainly a remnant of the original endpoint for his character. However, as he's about leave the trailer to follow up on the search for signs of any company Javier might/does have, he lets it slip that the reason he's so distrustful and paranoid about Javier's presence is because they were previously screwed over under similar circumstances.

Let's say, for a second, these people he's referring to came up again in the story. What do you think they might've been, or rather, who could they have had something to do with ?

• edited February 2018

Does this go for big, too?

Sorry, just testing. The mods put a ban on me using font size changes.
    And haven't explained themselves. :angry:

• I’ve used the max font size in a different colour before and nothing happened for me ?

Does this go for big, too? Sorry, just testing. The mods put a ban on me using font size changes. And haven't explained themselves.

• edited February 2018

• edited February 2018

And I can see why. You didn't make in image that could be seen as crude when you change the way the font looks.

. @Blind Sniper did you not approve of my bonfire?

Melton23 posted: »

I’ve used the max font size in a different colour before and nothing happened for me ?

• Yeah, I'm apparently on font probation as well, assuming it wasn't another odd glitch.

Does this go for big, too? Sorry, just testing. The mods put a ban on me using font size changes. And haven't explained themselves.

• Hmm... I would very much like an explanation by the mods. They shouldn't just restrict us and then not tell us why it was put into place.

Yeah, I'm apparently on font probation as well, assuming it wasn't another odd glitch.

• True.
    Though like I said, I've encountered it before and refreshing/leaving the page seemingly solved the issue since it actually posted when I tried again, so it could be a glitch.

Hmm... I would very much like an explanation by the mods. They shouldn't just restrict us and then not tell us why it was put into place.

• edited February 2018

• [Refresh]
    *Your comment will appear after it has been approved*
    [Refresh]
    [Refresh]

Grmmm...

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

We don’t have the ability to restrict font size, if you are having issues then it’s likely a forum glitch.

Hmm... I would very much like an explanation by the mods. They shouldn't just restrict us and then not tell us why it was put into place.

• Oh dang, that sucks.

Moderator @OzzyUK We don’t have the ability to restrict font size, if you are having issues then it’s likely a forum glitch.

Okay, I thought so.

[Refresh] *Your comment will appear after it has been approved* [Refresh] *Your comment will appear after it has been approved* [Refresh] *Your comment will appear after it has been approved* Grmmm...

• edited February 2018

Then I find it strange, @OzzyUK . Yesterday, I made a comment that had that code and it posted, then seconds later the comment was gone. @Melton23 got to see it, then it vanished. There was nothing that could've broken guidelines in it, either.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Do you remember what thread it was in as i can check to see if it was deleted, the other reason could be that the forum decided to just “eat” the comment as that did happen in the past on the old forum.

Then I find it strange, @OzzyUK . Yesterday, I made a comment that had that code and it posted, then seconds later the comment was gone. @Melton23 got to see it, then it vanished. There was nothing that could've broken guidelines in it, either.

• edited February 2018

I didn’t say I saw it per se, I just saw the notification and when I went to check it out I got the whole “something went wrong message” so when I checked the thread itself there was nothing there.

• edited February 2018

what's weird to me is how in episode 1 badger just appears without any fanfare after the argument and fight is already over, and has no introduction nor dialogue. This is the guy that kills Javier's niece, but he just seems like a generic henchman. They should have at least had him be the one that knocks Javier out.

So, interesting note: In Ties that Bind Part 1, Max is noticeably more aggressive and antagonistic than he is in the rest of the installment

• what's weird to me is how in episode 1 badger just appears without any fanfare after the argument and fight is already over, and has no introduction nor dialogue.

Actually, he first appears alongside Max, Lonnie, and this other guy when they find him outside the trailer. The only notability he had was hanging back for a few seconds in the background before leaving to help the others search.
    And those are both because he was originally the one driving Javier to Richmond instead of Rufus and thus was apart of the resulting choice.

This is the guy that kills Javier's niece, but he just seems like a generic henchman.

The guy with the most generic design just seemed like a generic henchman at first? How randy!

They should have at least had him be the one that knocks Javier out.

Yeah, that definitely would've made sense. In fact, I should probably go back and edit that in....

Louche posted: »

what's weird to me is how in episode 1 badger just appears without any fanfare after the argument and fight is already over, and has no intr

• Just a quick heads up to those who were asking - I temporarily made it to where posts using the <font> tag need to be approved because some people were only using the front <font> tag without using the back </font> tag. This might have the potential to make some stuff act weird on the backside of the forums.

If you make a post using the <font> tag, please use the back tag </font> when you are done using the effect.

• edited February 2018

I started to do that as soon as you told me about it causing problems.
    Time to test it again.

This is my code
    <font size = 6> Bagles </font>

Bagles

YESSSSSS Thanks @Blind Sniper

Just a quick heads up to those who were asking - I temporarily made it to where posts using the tag need to be approved because some people

• If Clementine chose to let Rebecca rest for a few days in s2e4, what is the most logical explanation for why Jane was still close enough to be able to save them?

Was she camped nearby? Was the stalking them?

• edited February 2018

I've seen the stalking theory brought up once before, possibly in this very thread, and it wouldn't be too out of the question.

It's entirely possible that she ran back to Howe's to see if it cleared out yet and then headed towards Virginia(?). For some reason.

On that note, I also recall suggesting she went to a special area in the woods and communed with a Demonic force, losing her powers due to Sarah not being a good(or rather, bad) enough sacrifice, with Kenny being far more applicable.

EDIT: It was in response to you, even!

If Clementine chose to let Rebecca rest for a few days in s2e4, what is the most logical explanation for why Jane was still close enough to be able to save them? Was she camped nearby? Was the stalking them?

• As much As i love the communing with Daedra theory, I think the stalking theory works best.

It also fits with my theory of Jane hallucinating her sister and trying to substitute Clem and Jaime

I've seen the stalking theory brought up once before, possibly in this very thread, and it wouldn't be too out of the question. It's enti

• How do you think Gil's pitstop was overrun?

Russell mentions that it was right off the highway and that old people couldn't have hoped to defend it, which makes me think it was humans who overran it.

But when Tavia is there, there are only walkers.

When Christa, Omid, and Clem are there, it's empty except for that thief girl.

So what the hell happened?

• I just saw some YouTube comments saying that originally Luke was supposed to be a pedo who tries having a relationship with Clem. Is this true? Was it actually the original plan and how much do we know about what would happen?

• edited February 2018

Answer 1: Hell no.
    Answer 2: Fuck all cause there ain't shit.

I just saw some YouTube comments saying that originally Luke was supposed to be a pedo who tries having a relationship with Clem. Is this true? Was it actually the original plan and how much do we know about what would happen?

• edited February 2018

People thought that Luke died because some girl was shipping Clem and Luke or something like that,that's all i remember and i'm sure at 100% that Telltale didn't kill Luke because of that.

I just saw some YouTube comments saying that originally Luke was supposed to be a pedo who tries having a relationship with Clem. Is this true? Was it actually the original plan and how much do we know about what would happen?

• Oh yeah, I remember the days of She Who Will Not Be Named. I never heard about Luke originally being like that but I just came across many, many YouTube comments that said so.

iFoRias posted: »

People thought that Luke died because some girl was shipping Clem and Luke or something like that,that's all i remember and i'm sure at 100% that Telltale didn't kill Luke because of that.

• Would it be fair to say that Luke wasn't a very good friend to Nick, or at least that Nick tried being a better friend than Luke was?

I remember how Luke was really tough on Nick right after Pete dies. Even if you tell Luke how Nick got drunk and saved you, he doesn't really believe you. If Nick dies in episode 2 then Luke doesn't bring up his absence. If Nick dies in episode 4 Luke seems kind of saddened but moves on rather quickly. Always bothered me because Nick very clearly enjoyed his friendship with Luke and seemed to do anything to protect his loved ones.

• Agreed so much. Just seeing how Luke treated him makes it hard to believe that they had a 20 year old friendship. Nick always tried his best for everyone and deserved so much better. And in episode 4 Luke is much sadder about Jane leaving - a woman he knew for like 2 days. Sarah just died and he didn't even care! I wanted to strangle him so bad in that episode...

Would it be fair to say that Luke wasn't a very good friend to Nick, or at least that Nick tried being a better friend than Luke was? I r

• Would it be fair to say that Luke wasn't a very good friend to Nick, or at least that Nick tried being a better friend than Luke was? I remember how Luke was really tough on Nick right after Pete dies.

Honestly, I'm not quite sure how the notion became more than just an observation worth asking about. Okay, that's not entirely true, but let's be positive here.

I'll at least entertain the point that Luke wasn't able to be as "good" a friend directly during A House Divided given what was going on at the time. It's not that he wasn't trying, far from it, but rather that the freedom and safety of the entire Group was more important at the time. He was definitely making efforts and taking measures to look out for Nick when the opportunities came up, it's just that things didn't go to well given that his attempts were often interrupted and/or shot down, including by Nick himself.

Even if you tell Luke how Nick got drunk and saved you, he doesn't really believe you.

Does he? First time I'm hearing anything like that.

If Nick dies in episode 2 then Luke doesn't bring up his absence.

That's really a problem with the gameplay and story integration more than anything, especially since Luke specifically mentions checking the Ski Lodge out a bit before following the truck and yet what determinately happened to Nick is never a topic with him until No Going Back.
    A fairly severe oversight in context, but an oversight nonetheless.

If Nick dies in episode 4 Luke seems kind of saddened but moves on rather quickly.

That's supposed to tie in with Luke's unwillingness to let himself seem bothered by everything going on and trying to keep moving on for everyone else's sake. Add in what Jane tells him on the walk back regardless of whether Clementine saved Sarah or not and it makes sense.

Would it be fair to say that Luke wasn't a very good friend to Nick, or at least that Nick tried being a better friend than Luke was? I r

• Probably pretty late on this point, but anyone else wasn't really concerned regarding the whole Slaughterhouse sequence?

• Going in to s3 I didn't really care what the storyline was, I Just wanted to see Clem. Coming out the other end though... Well perhaps the slaughter house would have been interesting.

Probably pretty late on this point, but anyone else wasn't really concerned regarding the whole Slaughterhouse sequence?

• edited February 2018

Probably pretty late on this point, but anyone else wasn't really concerned regarding the whole Slaughterhouse sequence?

Sometimes the writers have good ideas but these ideas can come up very late in the development so they can't add them i guess that's what happened to the Slaughterhouse.I didn't really care it's not like it could have changed everything.

• That's a great point! Luke got considerably more upset about Jane leaving him than his lifelong friend dying, as well as his good friends daughter dying. His priorities were out of wack.

Fangirl101 posted: »

Agreed so much. Just seeing how Luke treated him makes it hard to believe that they had a 20 year old friendship. Nick always tried his best

• edited February 2018

Actually, the Slaughterhouse had quite of work done on it before they eventually decided it didn't really fit anymore. There are a number of models, animations, sounds, textures, and such still left in the game's files, some of which was recycled to make David's Warehouse in Above the Law.

But yeah, despite seeing an avenue where it would've somewhat fit in lorewise, the section itself is something I just didn't feel the need nor see the importance of. That we got an interesting, albeit ultimately wasted character benefit from it helps.

iFoRias posted: »

Probably pretty late on this point, but anyone else wasn't really concerned regarding the whole Slaughterhouse sequence? Sometimes t

• It would've been nice to see, but It won't kill us if we don't. There are other concepts that can be made.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.