The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Gabe has a backpack?

DabigRG posted: »

Does Gabe ever remove his backpack and/or use it for anything?

• Do you think everyone who was left in Howe's is dead? Or do you think some people (like the 400 Days characters minus Tavia) managed to escape?

• Yeah.
    enter image description here
    And as it turns, the answer was yes. Yes, he does.

Melton23 posted: »

Gabe has a backpack?

• So, how bout dat Baseball Kid?

• I’m pretty sure they escaped somewhere. If they were dead, Jane probably would’ve said something about finding their bodies in the store.

Do you think everyone who was left in Howe's is dead? Or do you think some people (like the 400 Days characters minus Tavia) managed to escape?

• The problem with that is that Jane wouldn't know who anyone besides Tavia and maybe Hank are.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

I’m pretty sure they escaped somewhere. If they were dead, Jane probably would’ve said something about finding their bodies in the store.

• What about her?

So, how bout dat Baseball Kid?

• Still, she would’ve at least said to Clem “The others who worked for Carver didn’t make it” or something like that.

The problem with that is that Jane wouldn't know who anyone besides Tavia and maybe Hank are.

• I think so too. There weren't many actual bodies there, just a lot of blood. I wonder why they didnt stay there though, considering how big and stocked up it was.

Also in Jane's episode 4 flashback there is a billboard with "What happens now?" painted on it. Makes me think it was the Howe's survivors.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

I’m pretty sure they escaped somewhere. If they were dead, Jane probably would’ve said something about finding their bodies in the store.

• Nothing in particular, she just crossed my mind. And of course, I can't think about her without thinking about that leak.

I considering just making something with her at firsst, but well....

Fangirl101 posted: »

What about her?

• In your rewrite? You wanted to make her kidnap Gabe? :joy:

Nothing in particular, she just crossed my mind. And of course, I can't think about her without thinking about that leak. I considering just making something with her at firsst, but well....

• Nooo, but thank you for reminding me of that brilliant bit of theorizing on my part. :joy:

Nah, it was just gonna be a meme with her.

In your rewrite? You wanted to make her kidnap Gabe?

• So, interesting question: How do walkers react to fire?

• Immune it would seem.

So, interesting question: How do walkers react to fire?

• Goddamn, that's a noticeable gash in his leg. They appear to be still behind the fire there, but okay.

Immune it would seem.

• edited February 2018

I Let's Played the game a while ago, and I can confirm that they went through the fire.

Goddamn, that's a noticeable gash in his leg. They appear to be still behind the fire there, but okay.

• Oh. Okay then.

That wasn't really the question, now that I think about it, it's neat to know.

I Let's Played the game a while ago, and I can confirm that they went through the fire.

• You know, I didn't really think about it till just now, but what the heck was Lingard doing during David's "Hearing" and later the Breach?

• You’d expect that bouncing off a train by using your foot, then landing on dirt would break your leg, not rip a huge hole in it ?

Goddamn, that's a noticeable gash in his leg. They appear to be still behind the fire there, but okay.

• Yeah, seriously.

You’d expect that bouncing off a train by using your foot, then landing on dirt would break your leg, not rip a huge hole in it ?

• If Max had a sibling, who would it be? Rufus or Fern?

• Rufus, I suppose. Since they have the same voice actor.

If Max had a sibling, who would it be? Rufus or Fern?

• edited February 2018

Okay then, just seeking second opinions for finalization.

EDIT:Just realized I technically asked the wrong question. Ah well.

Rufus, I suppose. Since they have the same voice actor.

• edited February 2018

Fern. They look the most similar imo.

Edit: SGTPlumberMan has a good point.

• edited February 2018

enter image description here enter image description here
    You know what, I didn't really factor that in when I briefly considered it.

Btw, the actual question was supposed to be "Who should Fern have been married to?," but it's kinda of a moot point.

Fern. They look the most similar imo. Edit: SGTPlumberMan has a good point.

• Why do you like the idea of Max having either of these two as a sibling so much? I am curious.

• edited February 2018

Well since my Part 1 rewrite has been posted already, it's for that.
    Basically, as you may or may not recall, I thought the idea of one of the soldiers having a wife that also works for a Councilor and a kid to take care of should've gone to Max. We've known him longer, he's had far more impact on the plot through the raids, and he's close old friend of David, who just learned his family is still alive.

However, given that Ida(or a girl that looks eerily like she should) does indeed resemble Rufus more and there is indeed a benefit to having him be the family man, the best compromise is to make Max one of her parents' brother.

Granted, there is another way to do it, but that might be a little too convoluted and unfortunate.

Why do you like the idea of Max having either of these two as a sibling so much? I am curious.

• In the ending where David dies at peace with Javier and Gabe puts him down, do you think Javi and Gabe ever went back to bury him?

• I see. Thank you for explaining. :)

Well since my Part 1 rewrite has been posted already, it's for that. Basically, as you may or may not recall, I thought the idea of one of

• You ask that question of the alternative as well. In which case, maybe, if the opportunity came to mind.

In the ending where David dies at peace with Javier and Gabe puts him down, do you think Javi and Gabe ever went back to bury him?

• I don't really understand what you're saying in the first sentence.

But yeah, in that particular ending I think they would spend the 3 day time skip trying to find Kate. But they're bound to have come across David's corpse again, I would hope they gave him a burial but then again David didn't really seem to care about what happened to his body after he passed.

You ask that question of the alternative as well. In which case, maybe, if the opportunity came to mind.

• I don't really understand what you're saying in the first sentence.

They leave him there in addition to Gabe if you make the opposite choice.

but then again David didn't really seem to care about what happened to his body after he passed.

Eh, in moment, I suppose. But apparently, he told Kate about a particular burial he would like years ago, so it at least used to be a consideration.

I don't really understand what you're saying in the first sentence. But yeah, in that particular ending I think they would spend the 3 da

• AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH
    NO

Petition to see Joan boobs? Yay or nay?

• Lelouche!

And yes, that's...that.

Louche posted: »

AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH NO

• Ah, I gotcha. In the case that Gabe AND David died, I would absolutely think that Kate would want to bury them, Gabe especially.

Yeah, he told her about the burial but only in regards to his dogtags. According to Kate, he didn't care about his body anymore but as far as he was concerned the dogtags were actually who he was.

I don't really understand what you're saying in the first sentence. They leave him there in addition to Gabe if you make the opposit

• Ah, I gotcha. In the case that Gabe AND David died, I would absolutely think that Kate would want to bury them, Gabe especially.

I definitely believe so, too.
    Then again, this is the same ending where she apparently becomes a lioness, so what the fuck do I know?

Yeah, he told her about the burial but only in regards to his dogtags. According to Kate, he didn't care about his body anymore but as far as he was concerned the dogtags were actually who he was.

Oh, okay. That sounds like something he'd say.
    Thanks for the correction since I ended up not getting that ending, for some reason.

Ah, I gotcha. In the case that Gabe AND David died, I would absolutely think that Kate would want to bury them, Gabe especially. Yeah, h

• edited February 2018

Repeats(With numbering this time! Because holy shit!)

1.Any ideas/speculations as to why Roxanne has a name unlike all of the other New Frontier mooks in Part 1?

2.What are some neat little teamnames you can come up with for any 2+ of the characters?

3.Here's a question I've been meaning to figure out for myself for quite some time, but I think I'll just let one of you do the work for me: Throughout the game series, Clementine has generally had one or two major colors to her outfit(s) per season:

Season 1 Ep1 White
    Season 1 Ep2 onward Yellow
    Season 1 Ep2 climax onward(determinately) Red
    Season 2 Ep1 flashback Blue
    Season 2 Ep 1-3 Purple
    Season 2 Ep 3 onward Cyan
    A New Frontier debut Violet?
    A New Frontier ????
    A New Frontier Ending Red again

With this level of color theory in mind, what color(s) would be used to represent the following characters in the various timeframes/situations besides the ones they normally have?

Duck (Season 1 Yellow)(He;s only on here just because)
    Becca (400 Days Yellow)
    Michelle (Season 2 Ep 1 Flashback Pink :lol:)
    Luke (Season 2 Ep 1-5 Vermillion)
    Sarah (Season 2 Ep 1-4 Blue)
    Arvo (Season 2 Ep 4-5 Purple)
    Gabe (A New Frontier Ep 1-5 Cyan)

4.Can someone please explain the context of "I told you:Joan is on the warpath. Last thing we need is people gettin wind of all this stuff." I always thought it was a really odd line to give Max given he had to reveal Joan's involvement after the fight anyway(because Javier and David didn't hear that part, apparently), but the line in general is confusing.

5.Super important question: Is Samuel's model from Season 1 still available?

• If every character had their own "spirit animal" what animal do you think would represent each character?

• edited February 2018

Just for the sake of a quick answer since I would like to genuinely think about this a little more I'm gonna be editting this a lot, so I apologize:
    Clementine= Moth
    Kenny=Basset Hound and/or Pit Bull
    Duck=Duck
    Alvin=American Black Bear
    Sarah=Italian Greyhound(Or more contextually, an impractical but sensitive Galgo Español)
    Carver=Grey Wolf
    Javier=Bobcat?
    Gabe=Havanese

Cocoa2736 posted: »

If every character had their own "spirit animal" what animal do you think would represent each character?

• I really wonder if Telltale regret killing Jane/ Edith/ Kenny and writing the family off in Jane’s flashback?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.