Am I the only one that hated Tales from the Borderlands

Comments

• ... I did read the post, that's why I pointed out the contradiction in tone. I don't know why you're being so aggressive, I was pointing out that your point wasn't aggressive. I don't know, if it were me and I just didn't prefer something, I wouldn't create a thread in all caps asking if anyone else HATED it, because that's not reflective of how I feel about it. Maybe "was anyone else not a fan of this game?"

oh so having a all caps tittle tottaly contradicts what im saying? seriously read the god damn post.

• Well. I didnt think everyone hates it. maybe they actually do, but they're atleast quiter about it.

1. I wrote "some of them"

well, most people didnt like GoT as much as the Hardcore Fans, **but only few actually hate it. ** Are you kidding me? Everyone hate

• Unfortunately there are others.

No Hate, Your Mate.

• edited August 2016

your right I should have explained more why I hated the game.

LoseMyHome posted: »

... I did read the post, that's why I pointed out the contradiction in tone. I don't know why you're being so aggressive, I was pointing out

• edited August 2016

Well im sorry if you expected me to actually got into huge detail of why I hated the game and the charecters. a big issue was the playable charecters like rhys because he was too much of a wimpy pussy.and fiona was too much of a bitch even though I tried to play her as a good person. the other charecters were just stupid. and the god awful atempt at humor in this was horrible honestly. and I personally I dont know how to make it any more clear, and im sorry if you or anyone else felt like this was flame bait. but at the end the day its my opionon and I can respect yours if you respect mine.

Courtenay posted: »

Tangible criticism would be to explain why you dislike these things. There's a difference between saying, like, "the character motivations m

• same i dont like it tbh

• It's a decent game to play once, never been a fan of the Borderlands universe or it's lore though.

• Am I the only one that hated Tales from the Borderlands

No, probably there are a lot of people with the same opinion, but they don't ask this in the developer's forum on the place where most fans gather, as they can already predict what kind of reactions it would result in

I don't like some games either, but there is no reason to go to their forums to post about it, I react with my wallet, as example it was ages since I bought a Blue Byte game, and would probably only try again if Beyond Good & Evil 2 or perhaps Albion 2 comes ever out.

• K.

Well im sorry if you expected me to actually got into huge detail of why I hated the game and the charecters. a big issue was the playable c

• edited August 2016

I understand what your saying, but im new to forms I dint know people would get so butthurt about another guys opionon even if I am still commenting in the form where most of the fans are its still my opionon im not hurting anybody, but thank you for your advice for an alternative thing to do when you dont like a game ill have to try that next time.

joriandrake posted: »

Am I the only one that hated Tales from the Borderlands No, probably there are a lot of people with the same opinion, but they don't

• Well, you're entitled to your opinion. I rarely see negative feedback towards this game. While it is good to have lots of positivity; you also need some criticism or a grain of salt to learn from some mistakes or just to hear from the feedback. It's not everybody's cup of tea. I found this game suprisingly well executed considering the setting. This game seemed like an underdog sort of game. It was overshadowed by Game of Thrones, Life is Strange and even Until Dawn. It's one of MY favorite games of all time; I liked the characters, Borderlands' humor, and even the narrative. But I'm fully aware people aren't always into it's humor and even the story can be hard to take seriously. Also, it's pretty understandable considering the darker tones and seriousness of other TellTale titles.

• You probably aren't the only one. But personally, I really loved it and it's totally my second favorite Telltale game. :p

• how am I not giving you the right to an opinion? having an opinion isnt being an asshole because you dont like someone else"s views on something. and no im not going to respect your opinion if you cant respect mine.

yeah but you dont give me the right to view my opinion, then why are you allowed?

• Yup you are the only one too bad

• Sorry to interrupt you two, but what did you meant?

nope, you clearly didnt know what i meant.

• Yeah, from the whole world you are the only one who hated Tales from the Borderlands.
    Assquez

• TftB has many flaws: The World wasn't explored enough, the characters weren't that well used (the development was good, but the way Ryhs and Fiona couldn't stay in the same room for more than give minutes and Vaughn poor appearences, along with the characters' unexplored backstory and unnesesary cameos from the original game with no explanations like WHAT THE HELL ARE ATLAS AND HYPERION IN THE FIRST PLACE), and the final episodie was kind of shitty to me. But it's not that bad, it doesn't deserve all this hate.

(Sorryformybadenglishpleasedontkillme)

• edited September 2016

I wish Telltale did a better job with Rhys and Fiona's interactions, I don tknow why they were so scared of having them ever talk to each other. Episode 1 they barley said a word to each other in the past except for the ending, episode 2 they could talk to each other more, but only if you went looking for them at hallowpoint. Epiosde 3 they were more together, but it wasnt until episode 4 and 5 where Telltale finally noticed that it made no sense that they almost never interact.

And it sucks because I feel like Rhys and Fiona had some of the best interactions in the game. episode 3's intro if you trust Fiona will always be one of my favorite parts of the game.

TftB has many flaws: The World wasn't explored enough, the characters weren't that well used (the development was good, but the way Ryhs and

• They were probably scared the Rhys and Fiona we would see when we play as the other weren't the same Rhys and Fiona we play as. For example, if we are a dick as Rhys (I don't know if there is a way to make Rhys be a dick, anyways), and we later play as Fiona, it would be weird to have Rhys behaving like a good guy. Same goes with Fiona.

Poogers555 posted: »

I wish Telltale did a better job with Rhys and Fiona's interactions, I don tknow why they were so scared of having them ever talk to each ot

• i dont know, but you giving your opinion and telling everyone else to shut up because their opinion is not allowed on this thread is not common sence between two people. you have an opinion that will affect the community negatively, you better expect critisism from other people. and people swearing at you.

how am I not giving you the right to an opinion? having an opinion isnt being an asshole because you dont like someone else"s views on something. and no im not going to respect your opinion if you cant respect mine.

• if you trace back this thread there is much more text to it than now, he was stating the people who liked the game are not allowed to comment on his thread because we were not allowed to view our opinion.

Quaker540 posted: »

Sorry to interrupt you two, but what did you meant?

• You never played Borderlands, you don't like comedy elements and you are used to serious games like TWD, TWAU and GOT. I don't know what made you play this game (kidding)
    But now seriously, I think it's a great game but very overrated, it's unbelievable when people say it's better than TWD.

• edited September 2016

firstly what the hell is wrong with you seriously?I never told people to shut up an not have there a opinion but im not going to allow you to be disrespectfull towards me . second how is my opinion affecting the community negativley all I did was post my opinion about a game I din't like, im not hurting anybody.And to say I should expect to people to act like jackasses just because they dont like my opinion. honestly fanboy I think you you need to get some help.

i dont know, but you giving your opinion and telling everyone else to shut up because their opinion is not allowed on this thread is not com

• edited September 2016

I never said that your not allowed your opinion! but you dont have to be a rude towards me to get your opinion across.

if you trace back this thread there is much more text to it than now, he was stating the people who liked the game are not allowed to comment on his thread because we were not allowed to view our opinion.

• True but, Rhys and Fiona are inherently good. Rhys and Fiona can both say some pretty dickish things, but nothing that happens often enough to make it so it be strange if acted nicer.

They were probably scared the Rhys and Fiona we would see when we play as the other weren't the same Rhys and Fiona we play as. For example,

• I know, that't why I don't understand what they were scared of. Their personalities wouldn't change that much. Also, their reactions could be different depending of your previous actions. For example, if Rhys is basically kissing Jack's ass (hehe, jack-ass... no? uh? I tought it was funny :(...) during most of the game when you play as him, when you play as Fiona he will still kiss Jack's ass (oh my god I did it again :'D jaja sorry I find it so stupidly hilarious...)... uh... kinda like that? It was a very, very bad example, but I think I made my point.

Poogers555 posted: »

True but, Rhys and Fiona are inherently good. Rhys and Fiona can both say some pretty dickish things, but nothing that happens often enough to make it so it be strange if acted nicer.

• I agree with RavenSnowstorm. That would be a nifty feature, too bad it didn't make it to the game.

Don't worry about being funny, the Jack-ass part made me giggle :)

I know, that't why I don't understand what they were scared of. Their personalities wouldn't change that much. Also, their reactions could b

• Now I'm just worried the next season of The Walking Dread will be like this game... two protagonist it's dangerous D';

Quaker540 posted: »

I agree with RavenSnowstorm. That would be a nifty feature, too bad it didn't make it to the game. Don't worry about being funny, the Jack-ass part made me giggle

• it's unbelievable when people say it's better than TWD.

I enjoyed the TWD more but however I think that the choices,consequences, and funny humor in this game is better. That's why some people like this game better then TWD.

You never played Borderlands, you don't like comedy elements and you are used to serious games like TWD, TWAU and GOT. I don't know what mad

• I see what youre saying. There was more of that during the future scenes I guess. Kinda like if you trusted Fiona Rhys and Fiona act somewhat nicer to each other, like Fiona saying thanks and things. Also episode 3 if you didnt make a deal with Jack Fiona says shes impressed Rhys said no and then looks like she feels bad for Rhys when he doesnt answer, but if you do make a deal with Jack Fiona looks disgusted when Rhys doesnt respond.

I know, that't why I don't understand what they were scared of. Their personalities wouldn't change that much. Also, their reactions could b

• it's unbelievable when people say it's better than TWD.

The reason I like TFTB more than TWD is because I fell in love with the characters even more than in TWD.

You never played Borderlands, you don't like comedy elements and you are used to serious games like TWD, TWAU and GOT. I don't know what mad

• lol, i see you're triggered.

firstly what the hell is wrong with you seriously?I never told people to shut up an not have there a opinion but im not going to allow you t

• yes, yes you did.

I never said that your not allowed your opinion! but you dont have to be a rude towards me to get your opinion across.

• The choices and consequences in TFTB are really great.

Menofthe214 posted: »

it's unbelievable when people say it's better than TWD. I enjoyed the TWD more but however I think that the choices,consequences, and funny humor in this game is better. That's why some people like this game better then TWD.

• your the one here starting shit with me fanboy if anbodys triggered its you.

lol, i see you're triggered.

• edited September 2016

I guess if you enjoy humor more than an acutal story.

Menofthe214 posted: »

it's unbelievable when people say it's better than TWD. I enjoyed the TWD more but however I think that the choices,consequences, and funny humor in this game is better. That's why some people like this game better then TWD.

• edited September 2016

charecters better than lee,kenny,clementine, im sad now.

Ekelund21 posted: »

it's unbelievable when people say it's better than TWD. The reason I like TFTB more than TWD is because I fell in love with the characters even more than in TWD.

• edited September 2016

its obvious to me now that your just being a troll who can't handle someones opinion. please leave and dont ever come back.

yes, yes you did.

• lol dude, im not a troll. and you know damn well that its exactly what you said. that the people who love tftb are not allowed to write our opinion in this thread and that is the reason i cussed you out, not because i like or dont like the game.

its obvious to me now that your just being a troll who can't handle someones opinion. please leave and dont ever come back.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.