Unpopular Game of Thrones opinions

If you have any unpopular opinions about the game, show, or the books, say it here.

Comments

• I like the game.

• Same.

I like the game.

• I supported Stannis even after he burned his daughter as a sacrifice to R'hllor.

• edited September 2016

Game:

• Gwyn Whitehill is probably the best character of this game. She's certainly my favourite and she seems to be the only person with a fucking brain in this Whitehill vs Forrester war.
    • Gryff Whitehill was ridiculous. Probably the less intimidating and less interesting antagonist/vilain ever. Terribly written when compared to Ludd.
    • I chose not to maim Gryff and if I had the chance to go back, I'd still not touch him. Why would I dirt my hands with the blood of that stupid fourthborn? Why waste my time with that ridiculous sample of a person?
    • I really dislike Gryff as a character...
    • ... In case you haven't noticed yet.
    • Elaena pretty much caused the war. She's also a fucking hypocrite : ). Still love her, tho.
    • I'm quite pissed that Season 1 solved... Nothing.
    • If Mira storyline isn't continuing in Season 2, Season 1 will be forever dispised by me. Same thing if we don't discover what the North Grove really is in Gared's.
    • In my honest opinion, calling off the plan as Asher is what a real leader that cares about his people would chose.
    • I care about Ryon a lot. I think he has a lot of potential. Can't wait to see where they'll take his character.
    • I don't think Rodrik is a better Lord than Asher would be. Kill me Rodrik fanboys, but what exactly did Rodrik do that any man his age (more specifically Asher) couldn't?
    • I thought they overdid Jon and Gared's relationship. Jon was so fixated in Gared that it even got creepy.
    • I thought that Daenerys, Ramsey Snow and the KL show characters were well put in the game.
    • I think Morgryn was a joke.

Show:

• I don't find anything likeable from Stanis character. I was never interested in his character and I was laughing my ass of during Episode 10 of the 5th Season.
    • Ramsey Snow was entertaining in the begining, but I became more and more tired of his character in Season 5. They overused him and gave him a frustrating plot armour that made his plotline unwatchable. They really screwed up when they made him kill everyone left in his storyline. It also makes zero sense that the Umbers suported Ramsey and not Roose.
    • I'm honestly worried for Arya. She will dedicate the rest of her life to murdering people who did not please her at some point in time? I hope she doesn't fucking kill Melissandre.
    • It still bugs me that the Northen Lords chose Jon the bastard as King in The North.
    • Cersei is probably the most interesting and well written character of the whole series. Can't wait to see her exploding the rest of King's Landing with herself in it.
    • Euron = yawn so far. He seems generic af.
    • Bran storyline has been boring and unwatchable since he started going North with this Three Eyed Raven BS. I also think that his plotline in Season 6 was purely a plot device to confirm R+L=J.
    • The Blackfish stuff this Season was pure filler, lmao.
    • I liked Season 5.
  • ^ That's a true man who declares his loyalty there

Nightmare1 posted: »

I supported Stannis even after he burned his daughter as a sacrifice to R'hllor.

• edited August 2016

Euron posted: »

^ That's a true man who declares his loyalty there

• Gwyn Whitehill is probably the best character of this game. She's certainly my favourite and she seems to be the only person with a fucking brain in this Whitehill vs Forrester war.

Game: * Gwyn Whitehill is probably the best character of this game. She's certainly my favourite and she seems to be the only person wi

• Game:
    - I think there are good reasons for either brother to stay behind at the harbor.
    - I ship Asher and Beskha.
    - I like the game.
    - I prefer Royland over Duncan as Sentinel.
    - I think Duncan's reasons for betraying House Forrester are justified.
    - Gryff and Ludd are awesome characters.
    - I hate Margaery (I don't hate her in the show, but I don't exactly care for her either) and Daenerys.

Show:
    - Ramsay is my favorite villain, with Joffrey in second place.
    - I hate Daenerys.
    - I like Robb Stark as a character, but ATST, I think he is partly to blame for the Red Wedding.
    - Cersei rocks.

• Game:

• I support peace between the Whitehills and the Forresters.
    • Gwyn's accent seems fine to me.

Show:

• Stannis is the One True King.
    • Daenerys is incapable of ruling. (I still love her though)
    • It really annoys me that most fans refer to Jon as a Targaryen more than a Stark.
  • Many characters don't look or act, or both like they should and do in the books, Euron is one example

Game: * Gwyn Whitehill is probably the best character of this game. She's certainly my favourite and she seems to be the only person wi

• the game sucks dick

• The rpg? I totally agree.

SEVEN265 posted: »

the game sucks dick

• What are you talking about? Our choices mattered alot more then games such as S1 Walking Dead and TWAU. It's choices and consequences go well just like the ones in MCSM, Tales from the Borderlands, and The Walking Dead S2.

SEVEN265 posted: »

the game sucks dick

• I don't even know how is that possible that more people chose Duncan over Royland. plus I hate Daenerys too (brofist)

Game: - I think there are good reasons for either brother to stay behind at the harbor. - I ship Asher and Beskha. - I like the game.

• People like being diplomatic and peaceful, I guess.

MrEggplant posted: »

I don't even know how is that possible that more people chose Duncan over Royland. plus I hate Daenerys too (brofist)

• yeah, propably that's the thing

People like being diplomatic and peaceful, I guess.

• Hmmm, to me that would be that I like Daenerys.

To outsiders, she put up a fierce persona like a Dragon. To enemies she is completely ruthless. However if you are her allies, expect that you will be treated well and fairly. If you are her people/subjects, she will be kind and just. If you are close to her, like a close friend, she will treat you like family and show a great deal of warmth.

People tend to see her negative side, but I can see her positives too.

• The RPG is closer to the books than any other game or the TV series, the team had collaborated with GRRM longer and better, even the throne room is more like the canon description, and the devs also aided a lot in the CK2 GoT mod

The rpg? I totally agree.

• Jon Snow does know something; Arya Stark is on her way to find a brutal end, she is as doomed as the ones she aspires to kill.

With Love, Lady Chusets.

• I wouldn't say choices in TWD S2 mattered much.

Menofthe214 posted: »

What are you talking about? Our choices mattered alot more then games such as S1 Walking Dead and TWAU. It's choices and consequences go well just like the ones in MCSM, Tales from the Borderlands, and The Walking Dead S2.

• That is true. But I put it there just because I thought it was more effective then S1. But hey at least the endings count(hopefully for S3).

Pipas posted: »

I wouldn't say choices in TWD S2 mattered much.

• for me she's just bad at rulling and sometimes she's just a very dumb person, but, yeah sometimes she's good character.

Hmmm, to me that would be that I like Daenerys. To outsiders, she put up a fierce persona like a Dragon. To enemies she is completely rut

• if you are her allies, expect that you will be treated well and fairly.

Like Hizdar, unnamed-burnt-to-crisp-master, Quentyn Martell and Jorah? :p

If you are her people/subjects, she will be kind and just.

Like the whine-seller's daughters tortured on her orders or the fact that slavery didn't really end?

(ps: you're absolutely right to like her, no problem with that. I clarify this cause you know, sometimes people takes the critics about their characters too personnally)

Hmmm, to me that would be that I like Daenerys. To outsiders, she put up a fierce persona like a Dragon. To enemies she is completely rut

• Well, I like to argue that Daenerys never saw Hizdar as a friend or ally. She marries him because she needed to stabilize Meereen. And she has good reason to be angry at Jorah, he kept his secrets and betrayed her once by spying against her. Although he become very loyal later, that still doesn't change the fact that he did betray her.

I am not too sure about the wineseller's daughter, can't remember that one.

And I was mostly talking about TV-Daenerys. Her book counterpart...I have more mixed feelings about her.

Euron posted: »

if you are her allies, expect that you will be treated well and fairly. Like Hizdar, unnamed-burnt-to-crisp-master, Quentyn Martell

• And she has good reason to be angry at Jorah, he kept his secrets and betrayed her once by spying against her.

But on the same time he saved her life by killing the assassin and kept to be faithful to her since that day. While she seems to get along with Varys, who's the one who ordered Jorah to spy/kill her. I'm not sure if it's the character's fault or the writers to blame for this though.

I am not too sure about the wineseller's daughter, can't remember that one.

I mixed books and show, I wasn't sure which media you knew Daenerys from.

Her book counterpart...I have more mixed feelings about her.

Oddly enough, I prefer the book's counterpart compared to the show's version. Why, I couldn't explain precisely. Maybe because she's more flawed (more believable) and still young.

Well, I like to argue that Daenerys never saw Hizdar as a friend or ally. She marries him because she needed to stabilize Meereen. And she h

• It was sarcasm, mate.

joriandrake posted: »

The RPG is closer to the books than any other game or the TV series, the team had collaborated with GRRM longer and better, even the throne room is more like the canon description, and the devs also aided a lot in the CK2 GoT mod

• I think Daenerys will be mad like her father and she wont take the Iron Throne.

• I think that season 5 is better than season 6.

• Ethan was the greatest protagonist any TTG ever had, it doesn't seem like something a lot of people agree with. But it's true. He was on the road to be well-developed and seeing some real hard choices for a young 12-14 year old lord to make. But no, let's have cheap deaths for pure shock value instead! I love Rodrik, but dammit I'd rather have Ethan as a POV than him.

• Aye...While Rodrik managed to fill the void that Ethan left, for me at least. I can never forget or feel the huge waste of potential that Ethan's story could have been. :'(

fayescarlet posted: »

Ethan was the greatest protagonist any TTG ever had, it doesn't seem like something a lot of people agree with. But it's true. He was on the

• I agree that Daenerys can't rule but I wouldn't say she's dumb.

for me she's just bad at rulling and sometimes she's just a very dumb person, but, yeah sometimes she's good character.

• Yeah, Ethan had loads of potential but I still feel like his death did great things for the story.

fayescarlet posted: »

Ethan was the greatest protagonist any TTG ever had, it doesn't seem like something a lot of people agree with. But it's true. He was on the

• well she's not dumb, but sometimes she's making bad decisions and poor choices, that's what I meant.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I agree that Daenerys can't rule but I wouldn't say she's dumb.

• Well, nicer words would be inexperience and naive. :)

well she's not dumb, but sometimes she's making bad decisions and poor choices, that's what I meant.

• edited August 2016

Why was Jon Snow crowed King In The North? It doesn't make any sense. Sansa is the heir to Winterfell and the rightful ruler. She has more claim than her half brother. She saved Jon Snow and his army from getting killed from Ramsey Bolton.
    It would have made sense if David Benioff and D. B. Weiss went with Robb's will. In Robb's will he legitimizes Jon Snow and names him his heir.

I don't know , but its bad writing.

• I don't know. By law, it should have been Sansa. But Jon has proven to be a great fighter and Northmen greatly value strength. And Jon has a great reputation in the North for his prowess. And there is also to consider about the sexist society in Westeros.

What reputation does Sansa have? She was held captive in King's Landing, betrothed to Joffery then married to Tyrion, both who are considered a great enemy to the Northmen. Then she got married to the mad and dreaded Ramsay Snow, who loves flaying people.

Rumors and exaggerations of the Battle of the Bastards would spread. They would say that Ned Stark's bastard son is reclaimed Winterfell and Stark would make the North strong and just again. They would say that the Arryn Army came to the Stark's hour of need due to the strong and father-son relationship between Ned and Jon Arryn. They would say that Jon defeated Ramsay in an epic single combat. But they will not mention or barely mention Sansa.

Comparing Jon's and Sansa's reputation. Jon's looks stellar and he is a hero. Just like Robb before him, Jon did things that many would agree earn him his kingship. Northmen approve accomplishment and many survivor would speak first-hand of what Jon did.

Sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to give my points across why I believe the Northern lords chose Jon over Sansa.

Why was Jon Snow crowed King In The North? It doesn't make any sense. Sansa is the heir to Winterfell and the rightful ruler. She has more c

• Great response , but I don't think Jon has a great reputation and here is why:

1. He's a bastard and not Ned stark's true born son. Many northerns think that Jon's mother is a whore.

2. He's a night's watch deserter Yes, he is. Doesn't matter if he died and "technically" fulfilled his oath. There's no reason for anyone to believe that he was brought back from the dead, all of the northerns don't believe in R'hllor magic. Even if they believed in R'hllor Magic Jon snow is still an oathbreaker. He's exploiting a dubious loophole in the letter of the oath (it also contains language like "all nights to come") while clearly violating its spirit. You're not supposed to leave the Watch.

3. He brought Wildlings south, and intends to settle them on Northern lands.Northerners hate Wildlings. The Umbers went to war over them . Lord Glover refused to fight alongside them, and was disgusted when he learned that "the rumors" about Jon were true. Even Ramsey's letter accused Jon of betraying his own kind by bringing them south, and other lords are likely to feel the same way.

4. Jon snow destroyed his own battle plans in The Battle of The Bastards and many people died because of it.

I don't hate Jon he's my favorite character, but I don't think he is the rightful ruler of the north Sansa Is.

I don't know. By law, it should have been Sansa. But Jon has proven to be a great fighter and Northmen greatly value strength. And Jon has a

• Jon is a Targaryn. He has the most legit claim cause he's the last male Targaryn. Jon Targaryn- First of his name-King of the Andals and the first men-Ruler of the seven kingdoms and protector of the realm.

Great response , but I don't think Jon has a great reputation and here is why: * He's a bastard and not Ned stark's true born son. Many

• Game:

• I think that Mira Forrester is the best protagonist and the best character overall in the game.
    • I like Gwyn Whitehill and I support her intentions.
    • I wish Ludd was more time on-screen, so I could end up hating him more, showing me that he does his role in the game perfectly.
    • Cersei wasn't a huge bitch like Margaery, to be honest. She was one of the few helpful show characters that actually helped Mira.
    • I ship Asher x Gwyn.
    • I don't really hate the ending to the 1st season much, to be honest.

Show:

• Cersei is my second favorite character in the show.
    • Cersei blowing up the Sept of Baelor was incredibly satisfying for me (however, I'm sad that Margaery, Loras and Mace died there. As for the High Sparrow, Kevan and Lancel... meh).
    • Team Cersei > Team Dany
    • I started finding Daenerys a lot more likable.
    • I found Stannis unlikable and honestly very, but very overrated.
    • I hate, ABSOLUTELY HATE, the whole wall storyline. I'm glad Jon is now at Winterfell and fought Ramsay. It made his storyline a lot more interesting for me.
    • I wish Sansa became the Queen In The North instead of Jon becoming the King In The North. It was Sansa's time to shine.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.