Unpopular Game of Thrones opinions

Comments

• "Jon Targaryen" always pisses me off, like he's a bastard of Targaryen and a Stark, but was raised by Eddard Stark, who was also his uncle but treated him like son and Jon always had a father in him. so how that makes Jon a Targaryen wtf.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Game: * I support peace between the Whitehills and the Forresters. * Gwyn's accent seems fine to me. Show: * Stannis is the O

• My main issue with it is that I see Jon as a Stark not a Targaryen. So when people say shit like "omg, he's a Targaryen not a Stark!" when they react to the reveal, it just really gets on my nerves.

MrEggplant posted: »

"Jon Targaryen" always pisses me off, like he's a bastard of Targaryen and a Stark, but was raised by Eddard Stark, who was also his uncle but treated him like son and Jon always had a father in him. so how that makes Jon a Targaryen wtf.

• Even if he is a Targaryen he doesn't have a claim to winterfell. Plus the the northerns don't know about R+L=J.

Jon is a Targaryn. He has the most legit claim cause he's the last male Targaryn. Jon Targaryn- First of his name-King of the Andals and the first men-Ruler of the seven kingdoms and protector of the realm.

• Sansa **IS **the rightful queen of the north and not her half brother. She has more claim to winterfell than him.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

Game: * I think that Mira Forrester is the best protagonist and the best character overall in the game. * I like Gwyn Whitehill and I

• I wouldn't say the society in westeros is sexiest. This season showed that women can rule without men like in Dorne and in King's Landing.

I don't know. By law, it should have been Sansa. But Jon has proven to be a great fighter and Northmen greatly value strength. And Jon has a

• I was a bit sad that Ramsay died, because I would have liked to see how he would react when winter comes.

• No marriage = no targaryen true born son.

Jon is a Targaryn. He has the most legit claim cause he's the last male Targaryn. Jon Targaryn- First of his name-King of the Andals and the first men-Ruler of the seven kingdoms and protector of the realm.

• I found Stannis unlikable and honestly very, but very overrated.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/34/1472410364-tumblr-inline-npp8b2bo5e1qfqrsn-500.gif

Most of Stannis fanbase is made of book readers. Show Stannis is like his shadow version (he burnt people for his religion, had a dark music theme, sentenced Davos to die, most of his battles were cut, killed Mance, had no Northern conspiracy with him, and so on..), to a point where D&D made his character like you shouldn't like him. Yet Stephen Dillane saved kinda the character by his awesome acting.

Personal rant but I hate the use of overrated. It means that our opinions are biased toward one character one shouldn't like. Hey, we like whoever character we like.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

Game: * I think that Mira Forrester is the best protagonist and the best character overall in the game. * I like Gwyn Whitehill and I

• Targaryens were known to have multiple wives. I think that Jon is a true Targaryen.

Euron posted: »

No marriage = no targaryen true born son.

• No, that's false. It was made during the era of Aegon the conqueror, and the custom became old with years passing. Also you need the king's approval, just as the case of Daemon explains it. It's never written anywhere that he had it. And the faith won't allow it.

As GRRM said:

Maegor the Cruel has multiple wives, from lines outside his own, so there was and is precedent. However, the extent to which the Targaryen kings could defy convention, the Faith, and the opinions of the other lords decreased markedly after they no longer had dragons. If you have a dragon, you can have as many wives as you want, and people are less likely to object.

No more dragon during Rhaegar's reign, no more true polygamy.

And even if it's true, Lyanna was already betrothed to Robert in the first place, making the marriage not possible.

Basically he's a bastard.

Targaryens were known to have multiple wives. I think that Jon is a true Targaryen.

• If he's a bastard then why is there three Kingsgaurd protecting Jon not Viserys? If Jon is a bastard, then Viserys is the Targaryen king at that point and they are honor-bound to go to him.

1. Lyanna was buried in the crypts of winterfell. The crypts were for kings and lords only.
    2. If Jon is a Targaryen bastard, then Robert might still try to have him killed, but it could only be out of spite; politically, Jon wouldn't be much of a danger to him. However, if Jon is legitimate and has a claim to the Iron Throne, then he becomes a serious political threat to Robert if it's ever discovered.

No, that's false. It was made during the era of Aegon the conqueror, and the custom became old with years passing. Also you need the king's

• I think the D&D hated Stannis and killed to get rid of him.

I found Stannis unlikable and honestly very, but very overrated. Most of Stannis fanbase is made of book readers. Show Stannis i

• Jon isn't a Targaryen, he's a Targaryen-Stark bastard at most.

• lol Dorne being ruled by Sand Snakes and that pathetic woman will fall. King's Landing has a strong leader now but it will fall anyway too.

I wouldn't say the society in westeros is sexiest. This season showed that women can rule without men like in Dorne and in King's Landing.

• edited August 2016

1.Guards were protecting Jon, because Rhaegar was obsessed about his mother and he loved her very much, thus he send guards to keep her safe and make sure that Starks are not going to rescue her and baby Jon.
    2.Lyanna was burried in crypt because of Eddard, who loved his sister.
    3.Jon was indeed a threat to Robert, and that is why Ned kept Jon's identity in secret, making a story about a whore being his mother.

If he's a bastard then why is there three Kingsgaurd protecting Jon not Viserys? If Jon is a bastard, then Viserys is the Targaryen king at

1. Remember the Kingsguard are only sworn to protect their king and the royal family. If Jon (Lyanna's son) was indeed a bastard and not legitimised by Rhaegar before he left for the Trident, the Kingsguard have no business at the Tower of the Joy. They should have gone with Ser Willem and protect Viserys (next in succession). But as it happens according to Westerosi customs the son (Jon, as Aegon was killed in the Sack of King's Landing) of the eldest son (Rhaegar) inherits the throne before the eldest son's brother (Viserys). Jon Snow is the true heir to the Iron Throne. Rahaegar would just send any gaurds, but he sent Kingsgaurds. **We swore a vow,” explained old Ser Gerold.

2.""And there's my grandfather, Lord Rickard, who was beheaded by Mad King Aerys. His daughter Lyanna and his son Brandon are in the tombs beside him. Not me, another Brandon, my father's brother. They're not supposed to have statues, that's only for the lords and the kings, but my father loved them so much he had them done."Bran, AGOT
    Unless, Rhaegar had Jon legitimised which makes Lyanna the Queen, Eddard has no reason to bury his sister's bones there. And Ned being an honorable man, wouldn't do anything unless he has a good enough reason to do so.
    All the Kings have an iron sword set before them to keep their spirits from wandering but Lyanna has a harp. Why a harp?

Seventeen and new to knighthood, Rhaegar Targaryen had worn black plate over golden ringmail when he cantered onto the lists. Long streamers of red and gold and orange silk had floated behind his helm, like flames. Two of her uncles fell before his lance, along with a dozen of her father’s finest jousters, the flower of the west. By night the prince had played his silver harp and made her weep. When she had been presented to him, Cersei had almost drowned in the depths of his sad purple eyes. "He has been wounded," she recalled thinking, "but I will mend his hurt when we are wed." Next to Rhaegar, even her beautiful Jaime had seemed no more than a callow boy.

Cersei POV, AFFC
    Rhaegar Targaryen loved his harp more than his lance. The harp serves as a reminder that Lyanna indeed loved Rhaegar and Rhaegar died in the Trident fighting for the woman he loved - Lyanna. He must have legitimised Jon before he left for the Trident or honorable Ned Stark wouldn't have buried her sister in the Crypts of Winterfell.

1.Guards were protecting Jon, because Rhaegar was obsessed about his mother and he loved her very much, thus he send guards to keep her safe

• You take the problem in reverse. It's not possible in one way that he's a legitimized son.

* Remember the Kingsguard are only sworn to protect their king and the royal family. If Jon (Lyanna's son) was indeed a bastard and not legi

• okay explain to me your point of view.

You take the problem in reverse. It's not possible in one way that he's a legitimized son.

• I already did up there. The marriage is illegal by all mean, if even there was one.

Now he could have cared about Jon seeing his stuff about prophecies and all.

okay explain to me your point of view.

• We will see what will happen.

I already did up there. The marriage is illegal by all mean, if even there was one. Now he could have cared about Jon seeing his stuff about prophecies and all.

• About Kingsguard, it is all about what Rhaegar may been, he could easily order the kingsguard to protect his love, because knights of the kingsguard are sworn to obey every command they are given. for example, Cersei (to get rid of Loras) ordered him to siege the Dragonstone (at least in books, in show Loras fate is close, to the books one, but he is baked in other way) which only shows how Kingsguard can do more than just standing next to throne and playing tough ones. I know that Lyanna was never officially Rhaegar's wife, but that wouldn't be first controversial thing that someone did in Song of Ice and Fire. About Eddard - Lyanna was the only sister he had, their relantionship was very strong, so Eddard did bury her like a queen, because he loved her too much to just toss her bones in the grave and be done with it. You must remember that not everyone always makes decisions by the law and sense, sometimes the characters of GoT are making sentimental decisions, like Rhaegar not sending guards to Dragonstone to protect Viserys but ordering them to ride Dorne to the Tower of Joy (I suppose it's Dorne because of sand climate and that kinda stuff) and Eddard burying his sister like a Queen. Besides, Robert wanted Lyanna to have even better grave no matter that she wasn't his wife - because he loved her just like Eddard loved her. So as you can see even the King whose word is law in westeros wanted Ned to make an exception and even bury her in the better conditions.

* Remember the Kingsguard are only sworn to protect their king and the royal family. If Jon (Lyanna's son) was indeed a bastard and not legi

• A bastard or not, I wouldn't expect him to get the Iron throne.

About Kingsguard, it is all about what Rhaegar may been, he could easily order the kingsguard to protect his love, because knights of the ki

• I hope that he will never sit on it. It would be cool if someone strong and wise would rule the South and Starks will rule the North. There's nothing I ask for besides that.

A bastard or not, I wouldn't expect him to get the Iron throne.

• I don't think there would be a Iron throne in the end.

I hope that he will never sit on it. It would be cool if someone strong and wise would rule the South and Starks will rule the North. There's nothing I ask for besides that.

• I hope that they will burn it and then they will make valyrian steel swords of that.

I don't think there would be a Iron throne in the end.

• Danny is mad as her father and she won't take the Iron Throne.

• Game:
    -I wasn't dissapointed by EP5, I actually liked it
    -Saving Rodrik was the right choice
    -I liked Season 1's ending
    -The choices mattered enough and weren't pointless

Show:
    -No One was a decent episode

• No one is the worst episode of Game of thrones to date.

Game: -I wasn't dissapointed by EP5, I actually liked it -Saving Rodrik was the right choice -I liked Season 1's ending -The choices mattered enough and weren't pointless Show: -No One was a decent episode

• I also loved EP5, despite some flaws, I enjoyed the emotional weight with the traitor reveal on Duncan and the final choice between Asher and Rodrik was also emotional and heartbreaking. I chose to save Rodrik, while I regret that Asher dies, this is how I wanted my story to go.

Game: -I wasn't dissapointed by EP5, I actually liked it -Saving Rodrik was the right choice -I liked Season 1's ending -The choices mattered enough and weren't pointless Show: -No One was a decent episode

• Agreed about Gwyn being a great character and making peace with the whitehills being the responsible choice. Even just as a tactical option, it would at least buy a couple of years to rebuild House Forrester's forces and sabotage the Whitehill's. Plus Gwyn is genuinely committed to peace and doesn't get the respect credit she deserves. I'm glad at least 16% of people saw that too

• I really wish that the Whitehills were written in more grey perspective, than the stereotypical evil way that they got portrayed. Maybe they should have been inspired by Roose Bolton. He was evil, but at least his actions made sense in a pragmatic way. Let's say that the Whitehills are desparate. Their house is falling apart, their lands are rough and infertile and they won't survive the coming winter. They desperately needed the wealth of Ironwood in order to maintain their power. Ludd Whitehills is less motivated by greed but more of survival and pragmatism. He has a family and people to care about. I know the Whitehills were strong armed into fighting the Forresters, but I never felt that the Whitehills were desperate in the game nor did Gwyn tell Rodrik why they are acting the way they did.

And yeah, I agree with Duncan. He was already quite secretive and smart. I felt that his character was capable of betraying the Forresters.

• edited September 2016

It makes more sense for Duncan to be the traitor.

Oh, don't worry, you're totally not in the minority. Everyone thinks that way, actually.

I don't understand why, probably never will, but I'm open to hear explenations.

• edited September 2016

Roose Bolton does it for the fun.

Once, a boy called Theon Greyjoy had enjoyed tweaking Bolton as they sat at council with Robb Stark, mocking his soft voice and making japes about leeches. He must have been mad. This is no man to jape with. You had only to look at Bolton to know that he had more cruelty in his pinky toe than all the Freys combined

The son is just the shadow of the father.

This is a game to him, mildly diverting. Some men hunt, some hawk, some tumble dice. Roose plays with men. You and me, these Freys, Lord Manderly, his plump new wife, even his bastard, we are but his playthings

Easily more evil than all the Whitehills who ever existed.

I really wish that the Whitehills were written in more grey perspective, than the stereotypical evil way that they got portrayed. Maybe they

• Mira's sroryline may not continue in Season 2, most people have chosen death over marriage, so she is dead for most of the players.Also, I f***ing hate Cersei, but I agree that she is probably the most well written character and had the better development

Game: * Gwyn Whitehill is probably the best character of this game. She's certainly my favourite and she seems to be the only person wi

• She is, but being rightful may mean nothing if you can't reach there. Stannis was the rightful king after Robert's death, however he wasn't able to conquer the throne. I think Sansa really is rightful but Jon has proven himself more worthy to be King in the North.

Sansa **IS **the rightful queen of the north and not her half brother. She has more claim to winterfell than him.

• I think Rodrik would be a far better lord than Asher, but I also thought that the pit fighters would only fight for Asher, and that he was in better conditions to fight so the Forresters could win the war, while with Rodrik they would have lost it because he was probably still hurt and wouldn't acquire the pit fighters respect in a short time.

• In my story Royland was the traitor, however I always suspected more of Duncan than any other possible traitor, and his betrayal makes really much more sense, Royland's betrayal was not in his character, he seemed like a man who would die instead of betraying.

• Jon is not worthy of becoming a king in the north and here is why

He's a night's watch deserter Yes, he is. Doesn't matter if he died and "technically" fulfilled his oath. There's no reason for anyone to believe that he was brought back from the dead, all of the northerns don't believe in R'hllor magic. Even if they believed in R'hllor Magic Jon snow is still an oathbreaker. He's exploiting a dubious loophole in the letter of the oath (it also contains language like "all nights to come") while clearly violating its spirit. You're not supposed to leave the Watch.

He brought Wildlings south, and intends to settle them on Northern lands.Northerners hate Wildlings. The Umbers went to war over them . Lord Glover refused to fight alongside them, and was disgusted when he learned that "the rumors" about Jon were true. Even Ramsey's letter accused Jon of betraying his own kind by bringing them south, and other lords are likely to feel the same way.

Jon snow destroyed his own battle plans in The Battle of The Bastards and many people died because of it.

She is, but being rightful may mean nothing if you can't reach there. Stannis was the rightful king after Robert's death, however he wasn't

• The best example for this:

Rodrik: "Asher, finally we meet again! We have to move, Ludd is preparing to ambush you!"

Asher: "Rodrik?"

Rodrik: "Yeah?"

Asher: "Why the fuck did you go unguarded and without backup into this very convient ambush harbor if you know Ludd is coming and he also knows where I lay anchor?"

Rodrik: "...I knew I forgot something."

Asher: "We're so fucking dead."

Gwyn Whitehill is probably the best character of this game. She's certainly my favourite and she seems to be the only person with a fucking brain in this Whitehill vs Forrester war.

• But Jon is neither Stark nor Targaryen. If he was trueborn, he'd be a Targaryen. But since Lyanna and Rhaegar weren't married (according to HBO's Jon Snow chart), Jon is a bastard anyway.

"Jon Targaryen" always pisses me off, like he's a bastard of Targaryen and a Stark, but was raised by Eddard Stark, who was also his uncle but treated him like son and Jon always had a father in him. so how that makes Jon a Targaryen wtf.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.