Unpopular Game of Thrones opinions

Comments

• exactly

But Jon is neither Stark nor Targaryen. If he was trueborn, he'd be a Targaryen. But since Lyanna and Rhaegar weren't married (according to HBO's Jon Snow chart), Jon is a bastard anyway.

• Now to think of it, Duncan's VA did an excellent job at being the traitor.

In my story Royland was the traitor, however I always suspected more of Duncan than any other possible traitor, and his betrayal makes reall

• edited September 2016

The forsaken chapter was an excellent chapter! It was shows us how Euron is a monster and a badass.
    You Highness GRRM never ever disappoints!
    https://angrygotfan.com/2016/05/29/the-winds-of-winter-the-forsaken
    To my book bros what are your thoughts?

• Both Rodrik's and Duncan's VA seems to put more emotions in that scene than the one with Royland. That's why I prefer this version better. For me personally, it just felt more correct narrative-wise.

Menofthe214 posted: »

Now to think of it, Duncan's VA did an excellent job at being the traitor.

• It's been a while it was released!

Well, if ever Stannis ends at some point, I will root 100% for book Euron. (on the iron throne, aye)

The armor is an interesting stuff. The woman with pale fire could be Cersei (it would make sense if she blows the Sept in book too)
    Also Euron child molestor confirmed.

The forsaken chapter was an excellent chapter! It was shows us how Euron is a monster and a badass. You Highness GRRM never ever disappoi

• edited September 2016

I am with book Euron 100%.I don't think that cersei will blow the Sept, because it's the only place that doesn't have wild fire under it (in the books). Maybe she will burn all of kings Landing. Euron is a child molester and a kinslayer.

Euron posted: »

It's been a while it was released! Well, if ever Stannis ends at some point, I will root 100% for book Euron. (on the iron throne, aye)

• Mira's story started as the worst one for me, and it was even boring. However, as the series went on it became the story were I felt the most as if I was the playable character and enjoyed it much more until the end of the game.

• Who was your favorite playable character?

Mira's story started as the worst one for me, and it was even boring. However, as the series went on it became the story were I felt the most as if I was the playable character and enjoyed it much more until the end of the game.

• For the character itself I liked Asher a lot, but Mira and Gared had the best stories for me, they made me feel more as if I was the character. (Hope it doesn't sound confuse). And you?

Menofthe214 posted: »

Who was your favorite playable character?

• I thought the story line for Season 1 of the show was boring as fuck. The only things that kept me watching were the characters and the scope of the whole thing. (I am liking Season 2 better, though)

• Season 1 was slow because it was introducing the characters and the world.Its not boring it's called world building and establishing the characters.

ralo229 posted: »

I thought the story line for Season 1 of the show was boring as fuck. The only things that kept me watching were the characters and the scope of the whole thing. (I am liking Season 2 better, though)

• I think Brienne of Tarth is the sexiest woman on the show.

enter image description here

soooo smexy!!

• edited September 2016

I understand that and that's part of what kept me watching it all the way through. I thought the characters were interesting enough and the overall scope was pretty damn impressive for a television series. I just didn't find its main plot to be that engaging.

Season 1 was slow because it was introducing the characters and the world.Its not boring it's called world building and establishing the characters.

• Well lets see... Rodrik I would say because he's very serious and stern and I would be the same if I was Lord. Asher I like to though he's very funny and reckless. Gared's storyline I liked but I feel that he didn't have that much of a personality( I guess that's ok since this is a TTG).

For the character itself I liked Asher a lot, but Mira and Gared had the best stories for me, they made me feel more as if I was the character. (Hope it doesn't sound confuse). And you?

• I did not know about that chapter. So thanks for putting up a link to it.

The forsaken chapter was an excellent chapter! It was shows us how Euron is a monster and a badass. You Highness GRRM never ever disappoi

• edited September 2016

I prefer it to TFTB (please refrain from throwing tomatoes at me)

I hate Little finger

Season 5 was a new low for the whole series

The Iron born in the show suck. (Asha, Euron and the Greyhound family are so more interesting than what's shown)

I don't like book or show Stannis

I thought the Ice Dragon was a decent episode despite some narrative issues (I appreciate Telltale doing their best to make our choices have an impact in the story)

I think Sera is more attractive than Margarey Tyrell

Westeros even though justified in some ways due to it being set in an ancient point in history is still an awful place where cutting someone's head off is an honorable and respectful thing

• Hands a box of fresh tomatos for spaghetti source

Clemenem posted: »

I prefer it to TFTB (please refrain from throwing tomatoes at me) I hate Little finger Season 5 was a new low for the whole series

• fetishes? How is thinking she's attractive a fetish?

• edited September 2016

Gives you a shield just in case some people try to throw tomatoes at you.

I prefer it to TFTB (please refrain from throwing tomatoes at me) I hate Little finger Season 5 was a new low for the whole series

• I like this franchise.

• I don't know if this should be in unpopular opinion or not, but I wanted to point this out. In fact, I want to let my thoughts out. I find the Waif running with this smile on her face to be incredibly hard to take seriously.

I mean, who the hell runs with this smile on their face? I know she is thirsty to kill Arya, but I honestly find the way she smiles like she is heading toward a candy shop or something. She just looks too smug to take seriously. I mean absolutely no offense to the actress, Faye Marsay. She is a fine looking woman. I think they should have made her wearing a mask or something. That would have made it far more intimidating and scary.

• That episode was garbage.

I don't know if this should be in unpopular opinion or not, but I wanted to point this out. In fact, I want to let my thoughts out. I find t

• In my opinion season 6 is the low for all the seasons.

• Why is that

In my opinion season 6 is the low for all the seasons.

• Many of the story lines doesn't make sense like dorne and bravos. D&D made really weird decision that goes against the themes of the story like: the hound. Plus the writing quality went way down after GRRM left the show to finish winds of winter. I have also noticed that season six is very predictable unlike the other seasons.

Why is that

• edited October 2016

Show:
    -Walder Frey's death was the best moment of the last two seasons
    -Jon sTarq is overrated, his storyline in the books seemed like a Harry Potter story with zombies to me and he was pretty much railroaded all the way until much later in the plot. Dany's story, on the other hand, is lead by her own poor decisions, so I find it more intriguing. Actor is not that good either.
    -Boltons are too toothless and fluffy in the show. I saw fucking nightmares about book Roose, show version is more charming than terrifying. And that thing with Ramsay's girlie that he promised to marry and that she asked him to hunt down other girl(s?) is pathetic.
    -D&D may luv Ramsay and a whole bunch of other assholes but Ironborn they must fucking hate. Painted them as a bunch of stupid ugly asses who either pussy out in the most opportune time or try to conquer da world with sticks and stones.
    -Arya's late storyline is bullshit unless she is actually Neo. Bran's storyline is just meh.
    -Sansa didn't get a good enough outcome in s06, she deserves more
    -Jaime has a Disney princess syndrome: This gorgeous doesn't want his future life of luxury, doesn't want to be married off by daddy (no mommy), so he runs away to a life of glory in a castle with his royal True Love. Wanted to make a joke about Tyrion being his half-human sidekick but it didn't fly.
    -Tyrion is a self-absorbed ass. How could he think Shae love him sooo much she's sacrifice her life in that court? All those poverty-striken abused young girls he bought, the punishment of his little wife, forced marriage with Sansa the hell of war and everyday life of places like Fleabottom (which he visited quite a lot), circus dwarfs and freaks he saw and he is the poorest fucking victim ever in all those situations. I know, dwarf life sucks, but still. He is less of a self-absorbed ass in the books and gradually becomes better after meeting Penny, but Penny clearly in not happening on TV.
    -Laughed my ass off Rickon's death.
    -Word "walkers" is cringy. Also too much ice zombies.
    Game
    -I still wish Ethan was alive for a few more episodes, he would be interesting as a head of the House. We'd see him grow a spine and learn the true meaning of the m-word. Even though I'd never tasted Rodrik's awesomeness then.
    -An army of magic zombies with a bloody witch vs. one polar bear with an asshole is not really a choice.
    -Need an option to murder Gryff and keep his head for future use. And to make Gwynn a prisoner at the midnight meeting.
    -Would be more eh... fun? if Ramsay actually took Ryon OR Talia a prisoner for some time and Whitehills would take the second one for the rest of the game and that would be the real choice and that Ethan would not die.
    -That traitor situation should not have existed in the first place.
    -Too much show characters and only one relevant, but only because of teleporter and plot armor. Also Ramsay's VA is he only one from the show who sounded like he gave a shit. Too much shit even, laughed my ass off at every encounter.
    -Fuck Glenmores.

• I'd say, many of those opinions aren't unpopular at all.

Show: -Walder Frey's death was the best moment of the last two seasons -Jon sTarq is overrated, his storyline in the books seemed like a H

• Well, that goes for the most part of all the unpopular opinion threads, if we're honest.

Krapinka posted: »

I'd say, many of those opinions aren't unpopular at all.

• Rodrik is boring. I was more invested in just about every other named character in the game.

• I don't think you're in the minority there.

75% of all people on Earth hate Rodrik just as much as the Telltale game.

Rodrik is boring. I was more invested in just about every other named character in the game.

• edited October 2016

Dude, I'm not kidding.

I've seen, like, 25 lets plays of Game of Thrones (including my own), and I've seen almost no love for Rodrik. I've even seen posts in the YouTube comments and Facebook that say they hate Rodrik. Still don't believe me? Here's one of them:

• Boring? Rodrick is the most interesting character in my opinion.

Rodrik is boring. I was more invested in just about every other named character in the game.

• Royland is the best character in the game. Is that unpopular? Idk...

• Other than Rodrik I agree.

JonDee013 posted: »

Royland is the best character in the game. Is that unpopular? Idk...

• Let's compromise then. Best NPC.

TheFurryOne posted: »

Other than Rodrik I agree.

• Agreed.

Let's compromise then. Best NPC.

• Why do you feel that Rodrik's story is boring?

• Not his story, his character. All there was to him that I could see was that he was chivalrous even while he was heavily crippled by injury. I felt more interested in the Glenmores than I did in him, and it doesn't help that he served as the player's replacement for Ethan.

Why do you feel that Rodrik's story is boring?

• Well different opinions and perspective. I personally enjoy Rodrik's character quite a lot. There are quite a lot of things about Rodrik that I find relatable. Such as his strong love for his family, his burden and responsibility for his family and his crippled state keeps him vulnerable.

I think what I personally admire about Rodrik, that in spite of all of the things that happens to him, he doesn't give up. He knows what will happen to his family if he does. Of course, Rodrik isn't perfect. He can be prideful such as refusing to kiss Ludd's ring or refusing to stay in the mud, both actions could have had serious consequences to his family. And his anger could have easily caused a lot of trouble and be a sign of weakness.

Of course, this is just how I see Rodrik and why I prefer him as the protagonist.

Not his story, his character. All there was to him that I could see was that he was chivalrous even while he was heavily crippled by injury.

• edited October 2016

Is that unpopular?

Yes. More people today still choose Duncan over Royland.

EDIT: But I'm not one of them. :)

Royland is the best character in the game. Is that unpopular? Idk...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.