Rumor: The new TTG Marvel Series is... [Volunteer Mod edit: Keep all speculation here only, please]

Thread: Guardians of the Galaxy: A Telltale Game....!!!

YES

Volunteer Mod edit: Please keep all discussion here in this thread.

As volunteer moderators, we do not know the legitimacy of this information. However, we are asking that people keep discussion of the presumed rumors in this thread alone. Please do not discuss these rumors outside of this thread so that people do not get the potential surprise spoiled if it is indeed true. Thanks! - Blind Sniper

Comments

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited November 2016

As volunteer Community Moderators, we do not know the legitimacy of this information. However, we are asking that people keep discussion of the presumed rumors in this thread alone. Please do not discuss these rumors outside of this thread so that people do not get the potential surprise spoiled if it is indeed true. Thanks!

• edited November 2016

Oh, well this is... interesting. I'm not believing it at all until we really know what the Marvel project is, but if it's This... I won't complain. But I still think it's fake and pure speculation.
    Also, it's really strange picturing a "Marvel exec" saying: "Our game with Telltale will be the authentic Guardians experience. I'm talking 'bout a sexy story, ya hear?"

• Not fake...it is making the rounds at videogame sites.

AChicken posted: »

Oh, well this is... interesting. I'm not believing it at all until we really know what the Marvel project is, but if it's This... I won't co

• Video game sites report on rumors and speculation too. ;)

Not fake...it is making the rounds at videogame sites.

• Okay, I see it on other sites, Could be cool, but could something unrelated to Telltale. I dunno. We'll see.

Not fake...it is making the rounds at videogame sites.

• The way it's being handled on these forums makes me think it is true.

edited November 2016

That was - up until now - a choice made at my discretion alone as a volunteer Community Moderator. I panicked at the time, but I had a change of heart and decided it was better to just let people speculate since it was not confirmed.

You will now notice that you should be able to freely link to articles/videos/etc whereas I previously tried to prevent that - again, alone and solely as my own personal choice as a volunteer mod with no advance info.

EDIT: The changes have not yet applied on the back end, but I have removed the previous restrictions on my end at naming certain things. Again, this was my own personal choice as a volunteer Mod. I know just as much as you guys do about whether this is legit or fake. That was my panicked attempt at damage control as I did not want people potentially having a surprise ruined, but you know, in hindsight the Streisand effect is a thing that exists. ;) :p

The way it's being handled on these forums makes me think it is true.

• While I'd be stoked if it were true, but damn leaks. I would have loved to have been blow away like I was with the batman reveal.

• Same here, but ah well. If it is indeed true, I like the choice in franchise. Gives me some strong vibes of another fan-favorite TTG game (that I will not name as I don't want to insinuate any spoilers of what the rumored game is for people reading this from my profile).

While I'd be stoked if it were true, but damn leaks. I would have loved to have been blow away like I was with the batman reveal.

• I think my favorite Telltale reveal was Tales from the Borderlands, Game of Thrones had been reported on before the Game Awards so TFTB blew my mind and got me pumped. Although I was thinking the forum reaction was probably not the best. I was not wrong.

While I'd be stoked if it were true, but damn leaks. I would have loved to have been blow away like I was with the batman reveal.

• I had that same hyped reaction to Tales' reveal trailer. Having such a strong reaction to it at the time was weird to me and caught me off guard, as Borderlands wasn't even that much of a story heavy franchise and I had not played the games, but I liked the indication that Telltale was choosing another niche franchise similar to Fables or their older titles.

dojo32161 posted: »

I think my favorite Telltale reveal was Tales from the Borderlands, Game of Thrones had been reported on before the Game Awards so TFTB blew

• I got to the TellTalegames bandwagon late...so Batman was my first surprise happy announcement....can only imagine what people thought about TWAU..TFTBL and TWD.

• The Walking Dead was probably the most strange to people, as Telltale had prior specialized in comedy puzzle games off of family friendly (or otherwise lighthearted) franchises.

Once TWD got popular and Telltale skyrocketed, a small but vocal portion of people for a while disliked game announcements like Wolf, Borderlands, etc, as those seemed too weird and people wanted more TWD instead. As much as people loved Tales from the Borderlands in particular, it had a similar reaction to Minecraft's announcement, in that people feared it would bring 12 year old FPS kiddies to the forums and that Telltale was just shoehorning in random franchises that didn't even fit into Telltale's story telling template. Needless to say, Tales' success proved people wrong. ;) Likewise, try finding a comment/reply section on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc where people aren't begging Telltale to make Wolf Among Us Season 2.

I got to the TellTalegames bandwagon late...so Batman was my first surprise happy announcement....can only imagine what people thought about TWAU..TFTBL and TWD.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited November 2016

TWAU

If I'm remembering correctly TWAU was revealed along with TWD and King's Quest (which didn't end up happening), people sort of became hostile to Wolf before TWD S2 was released as they thought it would take development time and the spotlight away from it, but people later changed their minds (although the people who didn't play it were still somewhat dismissive of it).

TFTBL

I think the reception here was pretty mixed with more people seeming to lean on the negative side against it thinking the story of that series was too weak or it doesn't deserve a Telltale game or that it would draw a bunch of FPS fanatics to the forums (like when people thought MCSM would bring young immature kids here).

I got to the TellTalegames bandwagon late...so Batman was my first surprise happy announcement....can only imagine what people thought about TWAU..TFTBL and TWD.

• edited November 2016

Pleeease, Telltale! We need a Wolf Among Us Season 2!!

I'm begging you!

The Walking Dead was probably the most strange to people, as Telltale had prior specialized in comedy puzzle games off of family friendly (o

• I was even later.

My first surprise happy announcement was The Walking Dead Season 3. And that was before I even finished season one!

• Yes...I have been going back and reading the shit show that was the forums back then......all I can say is....wow....lots and lots of banned accounts.

TWAU If I'm remembering correctly TWAU was revealed along with TWD and King's Quest (which didn't end up happening), people sort of

• Damnit Blind stop fueling my paranoia! O.o

That was - up until now - a choice made at my discretion alone as a volunteer Community Moderator. I panicked at the time, but I had a chang

• There's still a chance that it isnt actually Telltale's game, however it seems to coincidental that a marvel game is being recorded in the same studio as where Telltale is using. If anything, the weirdest thing about it is that it's called Guardians of the Galaxy: The Video Game, instead of "The Telltale Series."

Also me just being me, I do think it's a little weird to chose Guardians after they already did a Space Sci-fi comedy drama action game not that long ago.

1. While it's not Deadpool, this is this awesome news.
    2. I do wish it wasn't leaked out though. Imagine if they had done a surprise trailer at some gaming event like they did with Batman. That would have been everything. I feel sorry for the TellTale team if they were cooking up a surprise reveal. That's gotta be a lot of wasted time and effort.
    3. I also feel sorry for TellTale's PR team. They can't seem to catch a break. I see why they sometimes go silent of some things.
  • It's probably just a placeholder name.

Poogers555 posted: »

There's still a chance that it isnt actually Telltale's game, however it seems to coincidental that a marvel game is being recorded in the s

You're right, everything keeps getting leeked.

(Except for TWAU S2 of course, they're doing a good job at hiding that one)

eRock92 posted: »

* While it's not Deadpool, this is this awesome news. * I do wish it wasn't leaked out though. Imagine if they had done a surprise trailer

• I do think it's a little weird to chose Guardians after they already did a Space Sci-fi comedy drama action game not that long ago

If it ain't broke....

There's still a chance that it isnt actually Telltale's game, however it seems to coincidental that a marvel game is being recorded in the s

• I do think it's a little weird to chose Guardians after they already did a Space Sci-fi comedy drama action game not that long ago.

Unless this is the sequel to TFTB while being a Guardians of the Galaxy game. Rhys and Fiona traveled to an alternate dimension where another space comedy was happening.

edited November 2016

PuhChewyChomp said:
    Damnit Blind stop fueling my paranoia! O.o

You want paranoia fuel? What if I told you I was a time traveler from the Berenstein Bears timeline and that I predicted this months back?

Blind Sniper said:
    I'm now imagining people feverently replaying old Telltale games, desperately trying to decipher "clues" and "hints" [for upcoming Telltale series] from completely random and meaningless scenes. :P

Missing cat posters from Wolf Among Us? That's a clue! Giant Robot battle from Tales from the Borderlands? That's a clue too! Raccoons in Walking Dead: Season 2? Yup, that's definitely a clue! And don't get me started on the Mobjack ferry in Michonne - that's an obvious clue if I've ever seen one! (And did you see how they kept using pigs in Game of Thrones?!?)

Damnit Blind stop fueling my paranoia! O.o

• Cant wait for Star Lord to be Troy Baker and Luara Bailey to be Gamora!

I do think it's a little weird to chose Guardians after they already did a Space Sci-fi comedy drama action game not that long ago.

• Raccoons in Walking Dead: Season 2? Yup, that's definitely a clue!

Oh my god, you are so right!!

Sly Cooper: The Telltale Game Series.

They've been hinting at it for so long, just waiting for someone to figure it out before they announce it!

Who else is excited!?

PuhChewyChomp said: Damnit Blind stop fueling my paranoia! O.o You want paranoia fuel? What if I told you I was a time traveler f

• If this is true I'm gonna be pretty annoyed. Not because it's guardians of the galaxy but because it was leaked. It'll completely ruin the reveal.

• Also, y'all remember back when the Marvel game was first announced that Kevin Bruner (Retweeted or replied can't remember) to this image?

enter image description here

They knew.

• wait so guys is Telltale making a marvel game and a GOTG or just a GOTG game?

edited November 2016

...and Adam Harrington as Yondu

...and Dave Fennoy as Groot

Cant wait for Star Lord to be Troy Baker and Luara Bailey to be Gamora!

• This is the marvel game

Tazmangamez posted: »

wait so guys is Telltale making a marvel game and a GOTG or just a GOTG game?

• Kennyshouladiedins1 what make you think this is the marvel game

This is the marvel game

• Well Guardians of the Galaxy is a Marvel title....so if Telltale is making it....that would seem to cover the Marvel Game.

Kennyshouladiedins1 what make you think this is the marvel game

• Because GOTG is Marvel so if Telltale is making a GOTG game then clearly this would be the Marvel game.

• oh sorry i thought you meant something else sorry but yeah i know GOTG is a marvel game i have watched it 100 times

• No Comment...
    ...Besides This Comment.

• Personally I think Telltale could do the Punisher really well

• Chris Hardwick as Rocket!

Cant wait for Star Lord to be Troy Baker and Luara Bailey to be Gamora!

• Finally! Wanted to talk about this for ages! I have to say I'm a tiny bit disappointed because I think a Daredevil or Marvel Noir game as had been rumoured would interest me more. This really runs the risk of being too similar to TFTB (and have a gadzillion moan why that's not getting a second season) especially given the inevitability that we'll have Troy Baker as Star Lord basically playing Rhys again. And I don't honestly think its matches Batman either.

Still, don't wanna be a stick in the mud until I've seen it in action. And to prove it I will totally start the campaign to see Erin Yvette play Kitty Pryde so she and Troy bring us glorious Starkitty awesomeness! Make it happen Tellltale! ;)

(Because I can totally hear them playing Star Lord and Kitty Pryde well. Like this sort of dialogue...)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.