Rumor: The new TTG Marvel Series is... [Volunteer Mod edit: Keep all speculation here only, please]

Comments

• INTO IT. I absolutely loved GOTG and think Telltale's brand of humor (AND TASTE IN MUSIC!!) would perfectly fit into this world.

• OH GOD, WHAT IF TELLTALE DOES MORE MUSICAL INTROS

THAT WOULD BE SO AMAZING

INTO IT. I absolutely loved GOTG and think Telltale's brand of humor (AND TASTE IN MUSIC!!) would perfectly fit into this world.

• edited November 2016

Listen Telltale absolutely canNOT do a GOTG game without musical intros. The GOTG movie opened with one of the best musical opening credits of ALL TIME. @ telltale DO YOUR THING

OH GOD, WHAT IF TELLTALE DOES MORE MUSICAL INTROS THAT WOULD BE SO AMAZING

• Sounds like I missed something hilarious.

I was exaggerating about it being Pinball I know, that was just a general comment about how lots of people have made a meme around the anti-climatic pinball reveal - not that I am defending it being hyped up like it was.

• So do you guys think they'll go ahead reveal the game earlier than planned because of the leak (if it's true) or wait until the Game Awards to reveal it (like most of us suspected) and pretend there wasn't a leak?

• I'm leaning towards the second option.

lupinb0y posted: »

So do you guys think they'll go ahead reveal the game earlier than planned because of the leak (if it's true) or wait until the Game Awards to reveal it (like most of us suspected) and pretend there wasn't a leak?

• Yeah that's probably more realistic. Oh well, it's only a little over two weeks anyway.

I'm leaning towards the second option.

• edited November 2016

(Well, this could be the spiritual successor to TFTB so....)
    I MUST GET READY..!
    enter image description here

• Then I'm expecting to get five new favorite songs!

• Will telltale reveal the marvel game at the game awards 2016?

Yeah that's probably more realistic. Oh well, it's only a little over two weeks anyway.

• More than likely.

Will telltale reveal the marvel game at the game awards 2016?

• lupinb0y this probably wouldn't be the next game in the new age of marvel games cause Telltales not with insomniac and marvel but its a possibility that this could be the second game in my opinion i think it wont be the second game

I think so. First Spider-Man PS4 then this.

• Does it really matter whether or not it's the first, second or third game in the new line of Marvel games? It's already been said by Marvels vice president of games a few months ago regarding Marvel games that Spider-Man by Insomniac and the Marvel game by Telltale are part of the new phase of Marvel games.

Tazmangamez posted: »

lupinb0y this probably wouldn't be the next game in the new age of marvel games cause Telltales not with insomniac and marvel but its a possibility that this could be the second game in my opinion i think it wont be the second game

• good i don't really care i just want to play don't get technical with this new age of marvel games Telltales GOTG and insomniacs Spiderman PS4 are 2 awesome games we have ahead of us lets just focus on them for now and then after they are gone we can then talk about more about the rest of the age or phase whatever you want to call it

Does it really matter whether or not it's the first, second or third game in the new line of Marvel games? It's already been said by Marvels

• Telltale has proven that they can do sci-fi/comedy pretty well with Tales from the Borderlands. So a Guardians of the Galaxy game could definitely work out.

• Its true

So do you guys think they'll go ahead reveal the game earlier than planned because of the leak (if it's true) or wait until the Game Awards to reveal it (like most of us suspected) and pretend there wasn't a leak?

• Xactly my thoughts
    BACK TO THE TOP is best

Ekelund21 posted: »

Then I'm expecting to get five new favorite songs!

• Why do people have to ruin everything.

AdamRoberts posted: »

Quick loading url: https://www.google.co.in/amp/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2016/11/14/13620994/guardians-of-the-galaxy-telltale-game

• edited November 2016

Yeah, though it isn't completely confirmed. For now, it's highly coincidental (based on the info in the Strike list)

Quick loading url: https://www.google.co.in/amp/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2016/11/14/13620994/guardians-of-the-galaxy-telltale-game

• Please try to spell out full words when you can.

Xactly my thoughts BACK TO THE TOP is best

• Yeah...

Why do people have to ruin everything.

• Kitty is unlikely to appear in any of the MCU films due to Fox though. So Telltale are only likely to use characters who will be in the films.

Finally! Wanted to talk about this for ages! I have to say I'm a tiny bit disappointed because I think a Daredevil or Marvel Noir game as ha

• Allegedly they want to get Episde one out before the second film is released but that's heavily effected by the strike.

• I suppose it's true, though if the game is based on the comic versions of the character (albeit with heavy movie influences) then they have the flexibility. Plus you know Star Lord needs a romantic interest and Gamora never strikes me as it (she and Rich Rider's Nova in the comics are a better couple) so Kitty could make a nice alternative.

Of the characters from the comics which make sense, Carol's Captain Marvel is the most logical since Marvel will likely like the chance to promote her in advance of her own movie and her comic version has been a Guardians member of late. Agent Venom would also be possible, giving a chance for TT to utilise the infamous Spidey villain turned hero via Flash Thompson.

Kitty is unlikely to appear in any of the MCU films due to Fox though. So Telltale are only likely to use characters who will be in the films.

• Those are actually a list of games not effected by the voice actor strike.

Allegedly they want to get Episde one out before the second film is released but that's heavily effected by the strike.

• I can't help but feel bad for Telltale, their marketing especially. They were probably really excited about keeping it a secret, and then thanks to some idiocy with the strike it's out.

Well, I'm sure the trailer will be awesome.

Why do people have to ruin everything.

• I hate to be one of those but...

Allegedly they want to get Episde one out before the second film is released but that's heavily effected by the strike.

Allegedly they want to get episode one out before the second film released, but that's heavily affected by the strike.

Those are actually a list of games not effected by the voice actor strike.

Those are actually a list of games not affected by the voice actor strike.

Poogers555 posted: »

Those are actually a list of games not effected by the voice actor strike.

• I'm pretty sure all of Telltale's games since WD have been rated mature, save for Minecraft. Likely it would depend on violence and swearing levels. (Rocket is a pretty vocal fella.)

• I'm guessing they will aim for a T rating.

• I actually think it will be Mature, particularly for language and violence, in the style of Tales From The Borderlands.

• Saw the movie...but never have read the comic...so I guess it depends on if it is based on the movie or the comics as to what the rating will be.

I actually think it will be Mature, particularly for language and violence, in the style of Tales From The Borderlands.

• It will probably be T, kinda like how the movie is PG-13, there wasnt any real gore. Half the reason Tales was rated M was probably because there was alot of dismemberment, people covered in blood, ect, unlike the movie.

I actually think it will be Mature, particularly for language and violence, in the style of Tales From The Borderlands.

• Keep in mind, Telltale tries to stay faithful to the source material. In this case, I am guessing they are basing it off of the movie.

• Yeah, you may be right. I do think if it's not the violence, it's the language that will push over to M if it does go. But we'll see. Maybe Groot will tear a guy's limb off (not the first character to do that).

Huh. Playing as Groot. That's something that would be fun.

Poogers555 posted: »

It will probably be T, kinda like how the movie is PG-13, there wasnt any real gore. Half the reason Tales was rated M was probably because there was alot of dismemberment, people covered in blood, ect, unlike the movie.

• Indeed they do, although at the same time, I look at something like Batman which is rated M, and while I suppose it isn't based on a particular incarnation of the character, I don't think it is a overwhelmingly limiting factor in any way. The movie did have a couple of swears here and there, I was actually watching it today. So maybe I'm right, maybe you're right, doesn't really matter.

It's interesting that there's actually a couple different versions of the Guardians of the Galaxy in comics - the original had Yondu as a member (he's going to be one in Vol. 2 now). I definitely think we'll be seeing a take on the ones in the movie though. I'm sure the trailer, if it's not just a teaser like Batman was last year, or the interviews following it will tell what is based off of exactly.

Keep in mind, Telltale tries to stay faithful to the source material. In this case, I am guessing they are basing it off of the movie.

• edited November 2016

According to Switch rumours from a reliable source. Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy episodes will have a weekly release schedule and will lead up to the release of the movie. If this is true that's pretty fucking quick!

Link to tweet by Laura Kate Dale

• If thats the chick who predicted the Nintendo switches announcement and launch line up...fuck! While weekly will make me SUPER happy it would also bum me out by how quickly it will end...

According to Switch rumours from a reliable source. Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy episodes will have a weekly release schedule and will

• I think it's likely that it'll be more like the comics, but since the comic Guardians have become a lot more like the movie Guardians anyway there's likely to be no significant differences, outside the option of including more characters and material a MCU based game simply wouldn't be allowed to do on the pretence that the movies want to use a certain character or aspect. A comic based game is going to have a ton more freedom.

Keep in mind, Telltale tries to stay faithful to the source material. In this case, I am guessing they are basing it off of the movie.

• edited November 2016

Yeah it's the same girl so this is likely true.

It's gonna be feel really weird discussing episodes on a weekly basis rather than monthy/bi-monthly/tri-monthly.

If thats the chick who predicted the Nintendo switches announcement and launch line up...fuck! While weekly will make me SUPER happy it would also bum me out by how quickly it will end...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.