Rumor: The new TTG Marvel Series is... [Volunteer Mod edit: Keep all speculation here only, please]

Comments

• edited November 2016

I think weekly might get scrapped, but that launch date! Also if its leading to the movie I think it will be a series that ends up starting right after the first movie, and sets up the sequel.

Aw man though could you imagine if Galaxy was just a rues and Telltale announced something completely different? I'd be shocked/excited, but also sad since Guardians sounds like the perfect series for Telltale, but I guess we only have a week or two till we finally find out!

lupinb0y posted: »

Yeah it's the same girl so this is likely true. It's gonna be feel really weird discussing episodes on a weekly basis rather than monthy/bi-monthly/tri-monthly.

• I find it a little hard to believe they'd do it that quickly, but then it might explain why there's been twoish years of production. It would also imply it to more likely MCU based if they are intending to have it act as some sort of prequel thing? Though I still think a comic based game would work better with having far more creative freedom on what aspects of the Marvel Cosmic Universe and appearances of comic based Guardians like Captain Marvel or Agent Venom.

And yeah I'd be bummed it would be done that quickly too. Though if it worked well we could expect more between Marvel and Telltale in future games, which is good because Marvel DESPERATELY needs more console games after the mobile 'greed before gameplay' freeinum nonsense they've been shoving out the past couple of years.

If thats the chick who predicted the Nintendo switches announcement and launch line up...fuck! While weekly will make me SUPER happy it would also bum me out by how quickly it will end...

• Yeah, I don't think I would like having a series end that quickly. Plus, there wouldn't be that much time for discussion. One benefit of longer wait times is that people get a little longer to discuss the game and really feel part of the community, which I felt Tales From The Borderlands had (not all positively though, heh).

Still, no long waits, certainly, that's all good. Waiting threads would be kind of a joke.

If thats the chick who predicted the Nintendo switches announcement and launch line up...fuck! While weekly will make me SUPER happy it would also bum me out by how quickly it will end...

• edited November 2016

We could have a complete season waiting thread pff

Yeah, I don't think I would like having a series end that quickly. Plus, there wouldn't be that much time for discussion. One benefit of lon

• I think weekly might get scrapped, but that launch date! Also if its leading to the movie I think it will be a series that ends up starting right after the first movie, and sets up the sequel.

Well if it's worth anything, Volume 2 is taking place two months after the first film. I'm not sure Telltale would tie it directly with the MCU and still have it be a choice based game. I mean, I would love to have Chris Pratt in a Telltale game though. Maybe it will be like Batman, maybe not. We'll see.

Aw man though could you imagine if Galaxy was just a rues and Telltale announced something completely different? I'd be shocked/excited, but also sad since Guardians sounds like the perfect series for Telltale, but I guess we only have a week or two till we finally find out!

Now that I would not see coming. Especially since if it is Guardians there are actually a few Easter eggs in Telltale's games that point to that.

I think weekly might get scrapped, but that launch date! Also if its leading to the movie I think it will be a series that ends up starting

• If it is true and it happens to be MCU based I would expect that it's Marvel's decision to make it weekly, not Telltale, since Marvel may want it to act as a big form of promotional material for the film, and hype would mean good sales. Of course if it is a prequel to the movie a big problem would be making impactful choices... since the movie will always start at one point, how are our choices we made in the game impactful? Another reason making it its own thing makes way more sense, and it can still be promotional anyway.

Yeah, I don't think I would like having a series end that quickly. Plus, there wouldn't be that much time for discussion. One benefit of lon

• Looks like if its a weekly series it should premiere the 28th of March (if its 5 episodes), and wrap up right when the movie premieres. Ooooo that's interesting.

I think weekly might get scrapped, but that launch date! Also if its leading to the movie I think it will be a series that ends up starting

• If it's five episodes as it usually is for Telltale it'd have to come out pretty early in March to release all 5 of them before May 5th, unless it'll come to the Switch after several episodes were already released.

According to Switch rumours from a reliable source. Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy episodes will have a weekly release schedule and will

• edited November 2016

Its speculated to be weekly, so they could launch episode 1 in Late March/early April and wrap up the day/week before the movie releases, which would be pretty clever advertising.

dojo32161 posted: »

If it's five episodes as it usually is for Telltale it'd have to come out pretty early in March to release all 5 of them before May 5th, unless it'll come to the Switch after several episodes were already released.

• It is true that Chris Pratt is no stranger to voicing his characters in video games, having played LEGO versions of Owen Grady and Emmett in LEGO Movie, LEGO Jurassic World and LEGO Dimensions before. So I could see him getting involved if it was a MCU game.

• edited November 2016

It doesn't tie into the movies apparently. But again, it's all still rumours.

• When counting my months I completely forgot April existed.

Its speculated to be weekly, so they could launch episode 1 in Late March/early April and wrap up the day/week before the movie releases, which would be pretty clever advertising.

• there are actually a few Easter eggs in Telltale's games that point to that

Wait what? Where?

• Its hard for me to forget April since that's Persona 5's new date.

dojo32161 posted: »

When counting my months I completely forgot April existed.

• That would be disappointing if true, as I said before tying it as a prequel and such a promotional running thing makes it feel like the story and amount of choice likely to appear would be pretty restrictive, even if we did get the niceness of having the movie actors in the game or something.

It doesn't tie into the movies apparently. But again, it's all still rumours.

• Sorry I originally meant to type movies instead of comics.

Well anyway, apparently it's not gonna tie into the movies.

That would be disappointing if true, as I said before tying it as a prequel and such a promotional running thing makes it feel like the stor

• Oh, awesome! That's a much better strategy, and gives TT way more freedom to do what they want, which after what they've been doing with Batman is clearly the right move.

Sorry I originally meant to type movies instead of comics. Well anyway, apparently it's not gonna tie into the movies.

• I'm the opposite. I can't feel bad for Telltale after all the soons and announcements of future announcements. Not for something like this that is so trivial to me, the way the next game gets revealed? Not a big deal to me.

I can't help but feel bad for Telltale, their marketing especially. They were probably really excited about keeping it a secret, and then thanks to some idiocy with the strike it's out. Well, I'm sure the trailer will be awesome.

• edited November 2016

Not super sure, but maybe it was possibly a typo that should have been monthly? If it is indeed weekly, Id assume each episode would really be as long as scene from a normal Telltale episode.

Edit: So Im a little slow, but I thought it was releasing alot earlier.

If it is indeed weekly episodes, that would be very interesting. It would be pretty cool to see it happen from Telltale too. However, that would mean the game would have definitely be done by the time episode 1 releases. However, this also seems like Telltale trying something new with a release schedule like a tv show. For one considering the game was first announced in 2015, I think that would mean there would be alot of work and production on it. And if its weekly till Guardians 2, it probably actually would take place in the MCU and may even have the real voices like Chris Pratt.

According to Switch rumours from a reliable source. Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy episodes will have a weekly release schedule and will

• edited November 2016

I assume that all episodes will already have been pre-developed by the time and will just be released weekly. This'll be an interesting development.

It apparently won't tie into the movies. So it'll probably be based on the comics kind of like Batman.

Poogers555 posted: »

Not super sure, but maybe it was possibly a typo that should have been monthly? If it is indeed weekly, Id assume each episode would really

• I actually kinda like the idea of weekly episodes, or at least to try it once. I doubt it'll become a regular thing though because it seems in order for that to happen the game would have to have some pretty hard development for about 2 years, and if that became a regular thing, there would be really long gaps for Telltale games, maybe even a year without a game from Telltale.

If Guardians does turn out to be weekly episodes, that does help support my theory that Telltale is going to announce another game or even two at the Game Awards. If Walking Dead Season 3 comes out before 2017, and ends around May or June, and Guardians comes out in March and ends when Guardians 2 comes out in May, Telltale would have 0 games announced except for GoT Season 2 (Which don't know anything other than its in development) and The Super Show/ Original IP (Which we really don't know a thing about.)

This can all only mean on thing: Wolf season 2 confirmed at Game Awards 2016, heard here first.

I assume that all episodes will already have been pre-developed by the time and will just be released weekly. This'll be an interesting deve

• As much as I would LOVE Wolf season 2, Sam & Max's 30th anniversary is next year and it would mean the world to me they did something with them like a mini series if they can't do a full season.

I actually kinda like the idea of weekly episodes, or at least to try it once. I doubt it'll become a regular thing though because it seems

• Pffft it's obviously gonna be Tales Season 2!

I actually kinda like the idea of weekly episodes, or at least to try it once. I doubt it'll become a regular thing though because it seems

• enter image description here

As much as I would LOVE Wolf season 2, Sam & Max's 30th anniversary is next year and it would mean the world to me they did something with them like a mini series if they can't do a full season.

• Tales of Monkey Island Season 2?

Ehh, I think I'd prefer Tales from the Borderlands Season 2.

Pffft it's obviously gonna be Tales Season 2!

• How long has TellTale been working on the game...they could very well have poured more resources into it than normal to get a weekly release....too many variables to know for sure.

• Devils advocate: what if the reason TWD is maybe delayed..they had to pull team members to help with GotG?

If it is true and it happens to be MCU based I would expect that it's Marvel's decision to make it weekly, not Telltale, since Marvel may wa

• edited November 2016

If this does end up to be true, I agree that they should stick with it. (the weekly releases) Because if they don't....

The people who pick up GotG for their first Telltale game:
    Release: "Oh, hope this'll be cool"
    Weeks 2-5: "Wow. They're really giving us these episodes at a great pace. Kind of like a real TV show!"
    Aftermath: "Guess I'll wait for their next game..."
    The next game release: "Okay Telltale. Show me what you got!"
    The following weeks: "Where's my episode 2? Telltale WHY?! WHY IS IT SO LONG?!!" :tired_face:

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited November 2016

AChicken said:
    The next game release: "Okay Telltale. Show me what you got!"
    The following weeks: "Where's my episode 2? Telltale WHY?! WHY IS IT SO LONG?!!" :tired_face:

As long as Telltale sticks to monthly episodes, it won't be too jarring.

AChicken posted: »

If this does end up to be true, I agree that they should stick with it. (the weekly releases) Because if they don't.... The people who pi

• Well I wasnt really agreeing, I was just saying it be kinda cool if Telltale tried it once. As awesome as it be to have 1 week waits, waiting for the actually game to come out would be longer.

If this does end up to be true, I agree that they should stick with it. (the weekly releases) Because if they don't.... The people who pi

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited November 2016

If they do follow up with this in the future, I think that bi-weekly episodes would be the sweet spot so that people could still speculate about cliffhangers and people could still feel a sense of community. That, or Telltale could go even further in the direction of TV with Seasons having, like, anywhere from 8 to 12 weekly episodes at 30 to 45 minutes each.

Well I wasnt really agreeing, I was just saying it be kinda cool if Telltale tried it once. As awesome as it be to have 1 week waits, waiting for the actually game to come out would be longer.

• Ok. That would be a bit tedious. We'll see eventually. Though, I can't ever see them going weekly with any series. Seems too fast for their types of games. Not enough time to talk about it. We'll only get like one news update per week if it does happen.

Well I wasnt really agreeing, I was just saying it be kinda cool if Telltale tried it once. As awesome as it be to have 1 week waits, waiting for the actually game to come out would be longer.

• The only real reason I think it may be possible that GOTG will be weekly is because its apparently going to lead up to the movie, and they've been working on it for such a long time now, that this was probably their plan from the start. Also it is a way for Telltale to experiment by making the whole game first and then releasing it weekly.

Ok. That would be a bit tedious. We'll see eventually. Though, I can't ever see them going weekly with any series. Seems too fast for their

• Yeah, it seems more like a experiment rather than something they'll just start doing immediately after Galaxy.

The only real reason I think it may be possible that GOTG will be weekly is because its apparently going to lead up to the movie, and they'v

• Judging by when they announced it last year. It's been development for at least 2 years.

How long has TellTale been working on the game...they could very well have poured more resources into it than normal to get a weekly release....too many variables to know for sure.

• Hopefully this means episodes will be more consistent in quality since the whole game would have already been developed.

The only real reason I think it may be possible that GOTG will be weekly is because its apparently going to lead up to the movie, and they'v

• What site?

NorthStars posted: »

I didnt see this posted

• edited November 2016

All the sites are now posting this news, internet is filled with this:
    https://www.google.co.in/search?q=guardians+of+the+galaxy+game

Never been a GotG fan, but taken that ttg made a GoT game and i loved it even though i never watched it, i guess GotG will be another nice game by ttg if it isnt connected to the movie and is thier own take like batman

• edited November 2016

WEEKLY EPISODES!?
    Wow. it'd be so nice if it was weekly episodes

• Am I the only one that would prefer monthly episodes over weekly episodes?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.