Rumor: The new TTG Marvel Series is... [Volunteer Mod edit: Keep all speculation here only, please]

Comments

• I can't stop this feeling.... deep inside of me....

I AM SO GROOT FOR THIS!!!! <3

• This better happen though.

Poogers555 posted: »

Also, y'all remember back when the Marvel game was first announced that Kevin Bruner (Retweeted or replied can't remember) to this image? They knew.

• edited November 2016

...and Erin Yvette as Kitty Pryde.

Cant wait for Star Lord to be Troy Baker and Luara Bailey to be Gamora!

• I'd love to play a Guardians of the Galaxy game by Telltale. I hope this rumor turns out to be true. :)

• edited November 2016

Awesome!

• That was hilarious! I can't like it more, so have a Dave Chappelle thumbs up.

enter image description here

Cant wait for Star Lord to be Troy Baker and Luara Bailey to be Gamora!

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited November 2016

I loved (insert property name here), and I've very excited for (property name). If this is true (which it still might not be), it would be awesome.

It seems to be a very fitting property, and I hope we get some multiple protagonists in it. I'd hate to just be one character out of so many good ones.

I do wonder if it is going to be tied into the MCU or not. I somewhat doubt it is though, as much as I want a certain actor who plays a certain actor.

• edited November 2016

(Whispers in your ear) Kitty Pryde. (If I keep saying it, it has to come true, right? Right?) ;)

Acheive250 posted: »

...and Erin Yvette as Kitty Pryde.

• (Whispers) Oh, okay. I'll edit it. ;)

(Whispers in your ear) Kitty Pryde. (If I keep saying it, it has to come true, right? Right?)

• I can actually see that, now that you pointed it out lol.

Chris Hardwick as Rocket!

• I'm doubting it will be tied to the MCU. I'm betting it will be its own interpretation, similar to Batman - except that in this case it will probably heavily borrow certain elements from the movie.

I loved (insert property name here), and I've very excited for (property name). If this is true (which it still might not be), it would be a

• My current theory is that it'll be its own thing, just like Batman. TT will likely want to take a lot of healthy inspiration from both the movies and the comics (hopefully the more popular Dan Abnett material as much as the movie friendly but less well liked by long term fans Brian Bendis era) but they won't want to be tied down by the MCU rules of what they can and can't use.

As for playable characters, I'm definitely expecting Troy Baker as Star Lord and Laura Bailey as Gamora to be POVs. Rocket as the logical third addition, though playing as Drax and Groot for sections would be fun too. If we have something like the modern comic Guardians we could also see appearances by Captain Marvel, Iron Man, Kitty Pryde, Thing and Agent Venom, all of whom have been member of the Guardians in recent times and would be cool to play as.

I loved (insert property name here), and I've very excited for (property name). If this is true (which it still might not be), it would be a

• Sorry, I know nothing about GotG so I thought I'd better familiarize myself with it if Telltale's making a game of it.

So, is the main thing the movie or the comics? (If that made sense)

and also, is this a relatively new series, or an old one?

Thank you.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited November 2016

EDIT: The issue has been fixed. You should no longer require mod approval to make certain posts now.

• Iron Man is probably too big of a character to actually appear as a direct cameo, but I could see references to other heroes for sure.

My current theory is that it'll be its own thing, just like Batman. TT will likely want to take a lot of healthy inspiration from both the m

• Although it is basically confirmed that GOTG is going to be the Telltale game, like I said earlier, it is called "The Video Game" and GOTG 2 does come out in 2017. So obviously it seems like a pretty good way to make a video game tie in, hence "The Video Game" and for good sales if it releases around the same time so people see the movie, then buy the game.

However, Movie Video Games I wouldn't really say follow Telltale's format, and we also don't know if this game has any effect in the MCU (which I think Id doubt because a cannon video game with a universe that has movies, tv shows, and even short web videos seems like alot) and with choices would just cause problems. Because of that, that comes back to maybe it isn't even Telltale's game, and it's just a huge coincidence and its in the same studio (again doubtful.) But seeing that we know GOTG 2 comes out early May so (kinda early 2017) it is possible that either the video game comes out around the same time or a bit before.

If the game really does tie into the MCU or just the movie in general it almost has me thinking that it may not be a true Telltale Series. Telltale doesn't have to make every game they make a 5 part episodic game with choices. They could do something completely different, and we also know Telltale has been trying new things, like publishing games. However, it would be pretty disappointing if the Marvel game that was announced so long ago just ended up being something like "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY PINBALL" developed by Telltale Games.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited November 2016

"The Video Game" could just be a placeholder name, or a name to avoid drawing attention to it being a Telltale series in advance.

As for Pinball, I know that Job hyped it up (probably more than he should have) but Zen Studios (the studio that did Walking Dead pinball) is basically the Telltale of pinball, where they make virtual Pinball tables about different franchises. Outside of Job hyping it up, I don't think people need to harp on that so much as Zen Pinball does that for lots of franchises and it's not like Telltale is going to make lots of pinball tables or whatever else. I know people like to make a meme out of how anti-climatic the reveal was, but I don't think that the existence of the pinball table itself needs to be looked down on in such a negative light.

Although it is basically confirmed that GOTG is going to be the Telltale game, like I said earlier, it is called "The Video Game" and GOTG 2

• enter image description here

Although it is basically confirmed that GOTG is going to be the Telltale game, like I said earlier, it is called "The Video Game" and GOTG 2

• I was exaggerating about it being Pinball, but I was just trying to say that the game may be something different from Telltale, it may not actually be a "Telltale Series" with choices and episodes. Also, in the leak it was listed as "Guardians of the Galaxy: The Video Game/Aka/Blue Harvest, so maybe they are saying Video Game because they dont want anyone to know its Telltale, but at the same time, it already has a code name.

"The Video Game" could just be a placeholder name, or a name to avoid drawing attention to it being a Telltale series in advance. As for

• I mean Xbox Magazine said that it was already confirmed so i assume it is (Also i tried to make a post about this like 5 days ago and it obviously never went up so maybe telltale didnt want it up because you know -_-)

• I was exaggerating about it being Pinball

I know, that was just a general comment about how lots of people have made a meme around the anti-climatic pinball reveal - not that I am defending it being hyped up like it was.

I was exaggerating about it being Pinball, but I was just trying to say that the game may be something different from Telltale, it may not a

• I'm stoked, but at this point it could have been Howard the Duck and I'd still fork over for it

• I just read about this

• Also i tried to make a post about this like 5 days ago and it obviously never went up so maybe telltale didnt want it up because you know -_-

That was actually us mods, Telltale didn't have anything to do with that.

I mean Xbox Magazine said that it was already confirmed so i assume it is (Also i tried to make a post about this like 5 days ago and it obviously never went up so maybe telltale didnt want it up because you know -_-)

• I don't think Kitty Pryde would appear since Fox owns the rights to the X-Men, and it be kind of awkward if she were in a game that is backed by Marvel. I mean I suppose she still could, but it's unlikely, at least in my mind.

My current theory is that it'll be its own thing, just like Batman. TT will likely want to take a lot of healthy inspiration from both the m

• I want to play as Rocket, dont you make me play as Starlord telltale

• I didnt see this posted enter image description here

• It's all part of the Telltale connected universe theory!

dojo32161 posted: »

I do think it's a little weird to chose Guardians after they already did a Space Sci-fi comedy drama action game not that long ago.

• Finally some impacting choices

Also, y'all remember back when the Marvel game was first announced that Kevin Bruner (Retweeted or replied can't remember) to this image? They knew.

• Probably you're right, since Marvel seems less willing to include X-Men and FF characters in media outside comics since the success of Fox movies and an unwillingness to give rivals free promotion. I suggest it mainly because outside Kitty being my fav X-Lady it's a well established and strong relationship in current comics, and probably one of the few things Bendis did for Guardians that I like. And it would distinguish it from the movies more.

Captain Marvel is a more likely person to appear though, since Marvel will be keen to promote her as a character in advance of her own movie and she has been a Guardian member in recent times.

I don't think Kitty Pryde would appear since Fox owns the rights to the X-Men, and it be kind of awkward if she were in a game that is backed by Marvel. I mean I suppose she still could, but it's unlikely, at least in my mind.

• Guardians of the Galaxy has been around as a concept since the late 60's when it was a group of space heroes operating in the 31st century, one of which was Yondu (a character who appeared in the movie, played by Walking Dead's Michael Rooker). But the actual layout of the team has changed completely since 2008 when Dan Abnett recreated the team with Star Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket Raccon and Groot all as major players, and its success meant the movie utilised that concept, and in turn revitialised the team in the comics under long time Marvel writer Brian Bendis, who wrote the team more like the movie versions (which annoys some as Star Lord personality in particular had a bit of a shift to reflect Chris Pratt's version).

You can read any of the GOTG comics after 2008 or watch the movie to get an idea of it, though I would recommend reading the big Marvel event from 2006, Annihilation, which set the ball to the modern Marvel Cosmic Universe rolling.

Acheive250 posted: »

Sorry, I know nothing about GotG so I thought I'd better familiarize myself with it if Telltale's making a game of it. So, is the main th

• I'd be happy with this.

• edited November 2016

Man news sites are just spoiling it everywhere. Poor Telltale.

• I actually saw the article that first discovered it several weeks back. It didn't gain any coverage until somebody recently reposted that first article about it on Reddit, and then it took off.

Man news sites are just spoiling it everywhere. Poor Telltale.

• According to facebook, its trending and its being spread left and right to all kinds of sources. PC gamer thinks they are actually going to get a response back from Telltale confirming the game to be true. Pff

I actually saw the article that first discovered it several weeks back. It didn't gain any coverage until somebody recently reposted that first article about it on Reddit, and then it took off.

• I'm with you, I feel really bad for Telltale if this is indeed true. If people thought Batman was a surprise reveal, I'd want to see the live meltdowns over this.

According to facebook, its trending and its being spread left and right to all kinds of sources. PC gamer thinks they are actually going to get a response back from Telltale confirming the game to be true. Pff

• oh well this is very different from what i was expecting i was looking ford to a marvel game with all the classics like spidey iron man cap hulk in NYC.
    but would this be the 2nd game in the new age of marvel games?

lupinb0y posted: »

Because GOTG is Marvel so if Telltale is making a GOTG game then clearly this would be the Marvel game.

• I think so. First Spider-Man PS4 then this.

Tazmangamez posted: »

oh well this is very different from what i was expecting i was looking ford to a marvel game with all the classics like spidey iron man cap hulk in NYC. but would this be the 2nd game in the new age of marvel games?

• Okay, thanks!

Guardians of the Galaxy has been around as a concept since the late 60's when it was a group of space heroes operating in the 31st century,

Sign in to comment in this discussion.